Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

War on...
mat_j Posted: Wed Aug 29 09:44:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  War on drugs- The plants were largly unaffected and a spokesman for the poppy said "Bring it on!"

Status- Drugs 1- gov't 0

War on terror- Most people are more scared now than they were before

Terror 1- Gov't 0

Now i propose a new war, a war to end all wars-

WAR ON ORGANISED RELIGION

Take organised religion out, remove it's wealth, make all preachers, imams, rabbis etc volunteers who wander around and preach to people in specially marked religious areas. Remove religion from schools where not already done so, if we're not allowed to learn sci fi or conan the barbarian or the greek gods as the truth then we shouldn't learn the major religions either, if you want to teach something in school you should at least be able to prove it with some evidence outside- You have to believe it despite the fact there's no evidence.

Let's not forget that religious types helped to start the previous two wars, this isn't just a war on a multi billion dollar worldwide scam it's a war on the starter of wars

I'm not asking you to give up religion, i'm asking you to give up paying for it.

addi Posted: Wed Aug 29 12:11:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A lovely thought for sure, and one I would support, but I can't get myself all excited about the thought cuz the chance of it happening is about as good as the chance that hif will vote for Hillary in '08.
Religious beliefs seem to have haunted man since day one, getting us to do all sorts of evil things in the name of our god(s). Mix passionate religious beliefs in with power and stupidity and you've got the makings of a very volatile and deadly combination.
I try to be optimistic about humanity, but I just can't do it when organized religion is entered into the equation..especially Islam these days.

mat_j Posted: Wed Aug 29 14:32:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey hey Addi, just roll with it okay, just, just roll with it, make me feel better yeah?

innocenceNonus Posted: Wed Aug 29 18:11:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i sat for a few moments wondering what to write in response to all of this.

or even, what NOT to write in response to all of this.

and both are too numerous to count.

SO... I'm more than willing to tackle questions about Christianity, but chances are that no one wants to ask anything... it seems like everyone's all made up their minds already.

BUT the latest in religion for me... I really want to learn ancient Hebrew and Aramaic and Greek... to read the texts as they were written... a lot gets lost in translation. : ) that I know to be true.

Mesh Posted: Wed Aug 29 18:39:38 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Tell me about Humans having free will and God being omniscient.

addi Posted: Wed Aug 29 19:35:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Hey hey Addi, just roll with it okay, just, just roll with it, make me feel better yeah?

okay, only because you're a swell guy

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say mat_j's a dreamer
But he's not the only one
He hopes someday you'll join him
And the world will be as one

: )

libra Posted: Wed Aug 29 19:44:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LOVE the idea Mat.

i'm on board.

innocenceNonus Posted: Wed Aug 29 20:51:16 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mr. Misses said:
>Tell me about Humans having free will and God being omniscient.

what do you mean? there's a lot to be said on that...

like, are you talking about how they don't work together, or how if God is omniscient, how do we have free will?

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Fri Aug 31 05:57:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>LOVE the idea Mat.
>
>i'm on board.

me too

mat_j Posted: Mon Sep 10 17:04:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cool thanks ladies, if i can get all the girls on my side the boys will fall like a leaf!

FN Posted: Mon Sep 10 18:06:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know I will

Woe! Woe! Woe, oh sultry temptations of the flesh! Be cursed ye love of the female forms!

sweet p Posted: Tue Sep 11 11:48:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mattie j, you know i've always got yo' back!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]