Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

you know who you are
Posted: Mon Oct 1 03:23:20 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Z-DIAthbM

addi Posted: Mon Oct 1 07:12:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  it's weird timing you put this up. I saw a portion of this video on a commercial this weekend and for the life of me can't remember for what product, but remember thinking it was a catchy tune.

DanSRose Posted: Mon Oct 1 09:27:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's for the really cool new iPod. It's really cool.
Feist is fantastic. Hooray Feist.
This is my favorite Feist song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQDpy_e5yhg&mode=related&search=

FN Posted: Mon Oct 1 11:25:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ipods are for cattle.

And you know what happens to cattle.

DanSRose Posted: Mon Oct 1 14:49:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  They listen to music?
They are delicious?
They are revered in India?

Speaking of India, I saw the Darjeeling Limited on Saturday. Awe.Some. My favorite Wes Anderson yet. If you like Wes Anderson movies, then you'll love it. If you don't, you are awful.

FN Posted: Mon Oct 1 14:57:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  They get artificially inseminated by rednecks wearing arm long rubber gloves.

DanSRose Posted: Mon Oct 1 15:04:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hot.

Seriously what's wrong with iPods, other than that Apple keeps "updating" their hardware (also called sodomizing people who enjoy their products and OS by never making a Good product, just a good enough one that you cannot update yourself; case in point, my gf has an Macbook a year old and the Apple Store doesn't carry the RAM for it anymore- wtf? the way I got memory for my PC was going across the street from my office to the Israeli computer dude and going "How much for 1 gig of RAM?")?
That was 1 sentence

FN Posted: Mon Oct 1 17:03:57 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Highly overpriced for what it is, like most macs and apple products, half the price you pay is because of the design and hype.

Iphone, perfect example of the same thing.

FN Posted: Mon Oct 1 17:05:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Highly overpriced for what it is, like most macs

That's actually not really my own words since I don't that much about computers and cost/quality stuff like that, but I know people who do and word on the street is: mac is for emo kids.

That and some designer dudes for some reason.

beetlebum Posted: Mon Oct 1 17:21:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  what is the song about exactly? i can't figure out who she's talking to or what about. (i like the song, tho, despite my ignorance.)

beetlebum Posted: Mon Oct 1 17:22:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>That's actually not really my own words since I don't that much about computers and cost/quality stuff like that, but I know people who do and word on the street is: mac is for emo kids.
>
>That and some designer dudes for some reason.

i'm not emo, nor am i a designer, and i love macs. so there.

sweet p Posted: Mon Oct 1 21:05:02 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  attention libra, crim and beetlebum!!

i'm sure there are others, but since you are the three here that i know enjoy Radiohead's music:

http://www.inrainbows.com/Store/Quickindex.html

new album!

you have probably heard by now but just incase you haven't, i wanted to pass on the message.

the box set is about 80 bucks but the download version of the album will cost you only as much as you think it's worth. [0 dollars and up]
interesting.

Posted: Mon Oct 1 21:25:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Up until about 3 months ago I was 100% PC, 0% Mac.

Now, I can pretty much safely say that I'll only design on a Mac from now on. The user interface is way, way too good. The ease of interaction is way, way too nice.

And Chris: Straight-up iPods aren't terribly overpriced. You can get a 160gb iPod for $349USD ($309 .Mac Developer Discount, yayayay). External hard drives cost a bit less than that, but they're five or six times as big, have no screen, and don't have any standalone software.

---

Note: at work today the principal brought in an iPod Touch and an iPhone - mostly for testing purposes, but there was some hardcore geekery going on for awhile, too. Yes, they're way overpriced, and yes, the marketing certainly makes them appealing. but no, if you were to buy one, you wouldn't be cattle.

Posted: Mon Oct 1 21:26:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>attention libra, crim and beetlebum!!
>
>i'm sure there are others, but since you are the three here that i know enjoy Radiohead's music:
>
>http://www.inrainbows.com/Store/Quickindex.html
>
>
>new album!
>
>you have probably heard by now but just incase you haven't, i wanted to pass on the message.
>
>the box set is about 80 bucks but the download version of the album will cost you only as much as you think it's worth. [0 dollars and up]
>interesting.

My understanding is that it was $0.45 and up because they had to claim it as a transaction one way or the other, therefore there are fees? I could be wrong. Something I read up on digg.

beetlebum Posted: Mon Oct 1 21:52:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  isn't it $.90 to pay for the CC transaction? (£.45).

sweet p Posted: Mon Oct 1 22:51:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i also heard there was a transaction fee, but my friend tried entering 0 dollars and received a confirmation.

as did this person here:
http://dimattiafilms.blogspot.com/2007/09/radiohead-revelation.html

maybe that means no activation code come the release date, but it seems to be working for now.

FN Posted: Tue Oct 2 11:20:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cattle.

*sticks out tongue*

addi Posted: Tue Oct 2 12:03:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Cattle.
>
>*sticks out tongue*

Mmmm...cow tongues.
You don't taste them, they taste you.

I'm beginning to think you have something against our four legged bovine friends that go "Moooo"

iggy Posted: Wed Oct 3 10:34:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the strange thing is that when macs were not as popular, people said nicer things abt them.
and suddenly when they get popular and rolls out better designs than the rest of the world, people start spitting on them.

but do know this.
if not for apple, pc users won't get a lot of things they have on them these days.

no.1, our favourite USB and Firewire cable. you have to thank apple to come up with those two popular formats and built them and made them a norm for computer users these days or else u will still need serial ports and installation disks to install ur hardware.

no.2, the design factor and many inbuilt stuff in most laptop these days.
without the ibook or the powerbooks, the design for most pc laptops will still remain blah. they made other companies sit up and notice how form factor can wow and pursuade people to buy their laptops.

no.3, ipod.
love it or hate it. without your friendly little ipods, you will still carry chunky mp3 players or still use ur portable CD players. apple may not be the first to come up with a portable mp3 player, but they made one that is good looking, light and made it accessible to people and help us accept the popular format these days

no.4, itunes
come on, please tell me that there is a better music software than itunes.

no.5. OSX
vista still sucks ass even though they try to copy OSX.

no.6. iMacs
without imacs, u still will have those big chucky pcs with all the seperate parts

love it or hate it, Apple pushes the boundaries of the computer world and their competitors have to constantly redesign and make better products for their consumers rather than the situation in the past where it's either buy it or have nothing else.

as for their constant product launches, you have to understand that consumers are the one to blame.
we are the ones that yearn for newer and better products that these products have a shorter product lifespan as compared to a few years ago.

it's not just apple. just look at sony ericcson, nokia, and all the major electronic companies.

sony and creative are actually worse, they come out with so many products every single year. you don't notice it just because their products are either shite or just not as popular as apples.

yes i am a mac fan but i buy a lot of products other than from apple.
and i do my research when it comes to consumer electronics.

i didn't rush out to buy the latest macbooks cos i still know that my powerbook with all the specs run better than a macbook pro.

my current project is to soup up an ibook to run faster than a macbook :)

so there.
that's my 2 cents.

p/s. christophe still hates anything that's for the masses... haha it still warms my heart that people are still the same here :)

FN Posted: Wed Oct 3 11:27:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nah, I'm all for consumerism, but I stick by it that ipods are overpriced for what they are, and that the example was followed by the iphone that got reduced in price after a few weeks, and people still treat microsoft as the ultimate evil and apple as an underdog while it's one of the world's biggest multinational companies.

FN Posted: Wed Oct 3 17:46:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://edition.cnn.com/2007/TECH/10/02/apple.iphone.lawsuit.ap/index.html

Let it be known that as far as I'm concerned the woman and all others like her who moan about the sudden price cut should get hit square on the nose, twice, but just to show that if they can take off 200$ just like that on a 600$ gadget then yes, their crap is overpriced.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Oct 4 09:19:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh cmon you crazy belgian. i thought you were capitalist! if those consumers were willing to pay the price, it was priced right. if anything i applaud apple for banking on the fact that there were consumers who were willing to pay that much to have 'the new best thing' and the short-lived exclusivity; by dropping the price they just captured another huge portion of their target market.

those consumers who are angry are probably not only angry about the price drop, but also the swift disintegration of the exclusivity resulting from paying such a high price. everyone knows that the price of technology drops after 6 month or a year, sometimes sooner.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Oct 4 10:12:20 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Overpriced exists only in the wallet of the consumer. I personally agree with Chris that they were overpriced, at least for me.
But the fact that there were lines of people willing to pay that high price and the fact that they couldn't make them fast enough to supply everyone willing to pay is evidence enough that they could have charged even more and got away with it. That is capitalism at it's finest.
Anyone who thought the price wouldn't come down in the very near future must have been an idiot.

FN Posted: Thu Oct 4 11:14:48 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>oh cmon you crazy belgian. i thought you were capitalist! if those consumers were willing to pay the price, it was priced right.

I think you should read my comment again before explaining to me how capitalism works, sugar ;)

I said that I have no respect for the people moaning about it because they bought an overpriced gadget that later got reduced in price, but the article merely backs up my point that the thing was overpriced, objectively.

FN Posted: Thu Oct 4 11:37:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And that people give apple way too much credit like "it's one of them" while it's as money hungry as microsoft who seems to be the devil.

libra Posted: Thu Oct 4 13:08:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>attention libra, crim and beetlebum!!
>
>i'm sure there are others, but since you are the three here that i know enjoy Radiohead's music:
>
>http://www.inrainbows.com/Store/Quickindex.html
>
>
>new album!
>
>you have probably heard by now but just incase you haven't, i wanted to pass on the message.
>
>the box set is about 80 bucks but the download version of the album will cost you only as much as you think it's worth. [0 dollars and up]
>interesting.

I know, I'm SOOOOO Excited!!!!
I have been waiting for this for SOOO long. Especially the song Videotape.
i don't know how much to pay for it, though.

FN Posted: Thu Oct 4 13:19:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  About 200$ more than you'll have to in a week or 2 ;)

addi Posted: Thu Oct 4 14:54:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  for the last two days every time I look at one of your posts, christophe, I get this urge to go out and buy an apple pie to eat.

Maybe I should wait a week or two till they go on sale

: )

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]