Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

A New reason to kick Ann Coulter in the teeth
DanSRose Posted: Fri Oct 12 19:10:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Remember: She's enlightened!
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301216,00.html
(yeah, it was reported on FoxNews for something that happened on FoxNews)

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Oct 12 19:55:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>Remember: She's enlightened!
>http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301216,00.html
>(yeah, it was reported on FoxNews for something that happened on FoxNews)
>
Actually it was reported on FoxNews for something that happened on CNBC.

Anyone with half a brain would know that she's being as outrageous and controversial as possible so she can sell more books. And it seems to be working for her since her book sales are always pretty damn good.

erikagm Posted: Sat Oct 13 21:19:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Glad I'm not the only one that hates her guts. Her kind of extreme right mentality just makes me want to go postal on her ass.

addi Posted: Sat Oct 13 21:29:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>Glad I'm not the only one that hates her guts. Her kind of extreme right mentality just makes me want to go postal on her ass.

you're definately not alone, dear.

nice to see you again : )

*and my AWOL soldier Nov too

erikagm Posted: Sat Oct 13 21:34:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Coronel Addi! (Or was it Sergeant?) Nice to see you again!

Can you believe that it had been so long for me that I could only remember that the forum was calling "terrorists" something? I actually had to search for my username in yahoo and see what results popped up... Sheesh...

So how are all the plinkers and plonkers? And where is that cartoon in the avatars?

innocenceNonus Posted: Sun Oct 14 00:59:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nice to see you again, erikagm. : ) it has been too long.

the thing about GT is that you always come back...

innocenceNonus Posted: Sun Oct 14 01:09:20 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i read two responses into the dialogue and could no longer read it anymore.

i wish i could put into adequate words how much disgust that woman brings to me time and time again... but every time i try, i just keep typing and typing and typing.

UGH. Ann Coulter, you disgust me!

erikagm Posted: Sun Oct 14 01:18:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's sad to see how someone beautiful on the outside (ot at least she appears so on her pics in her column) could be so HORRIBLE on the inside.

Well, sooner or later her comeuppance will come for all the stupidities that she writes

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Oct 14 08:03:02 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ann Coulter Explains Her ‘Jews Need to be Perfected’ Comment
By Noel Sheppard
Created 2007-10-13 19:17

Well, sports fans, the conservative hit parade continued last week, for having first accused Fox News's Bill O'Reilly of being a racist, and Rush Limbaugh of being anti-military, the whackos on the left have now branded Ann Coulter an anti-Semite [0].

Expectedly, Hillary Clinton's Media Matters for America was once again right in the middle [1] of the controversy.

Fortunately, much like Limbaugh and O'Reilly before her, Coulter wasn't taking the attacks lying down, and, instead, explained what was meant by her statements - which was clearly lost on the secular media - to Steve Malzberg [2] of WOR Radio Thursday (audio available here [3]):

I stated the doctrine of Christianity. Apparently, as we're always told in church, but you don't always, you don't always see it, Christianity is a radical and offensive doctrine. But I think, um, we'll see, I don't think most Jews are as stupid as Donny Deutsch.

Neither do I, Ann. Please continue with your lesson for the uneducated about what you meant by Jews being perfected:

That comes from that raging anti-Semite St. Paul. This is a straight statement of Christian doctrine...This is what Christians believe. We believe the Old Testament, and we think the New Testament completes that. I mean, the New Testament is obviously anticipating some Christ coming. Jews say, "Not that Christ. You got the wrong one."...I was just saying that we consider when Jews become Christians, that is becoming a perfected Jew. And that is precisely the theological term.

Steve Gilbert of Sweetness & Light wrote [4] on this very subject Thursday:

As the Oxford University Guide To the New Testament [5] points out, even some Jew once named Saul said the very same thing she did:

Continuity and Superiority: The Epistle to the Hebrews
Although Hebrews is often called a letter, it does not contain an epistolary prescript, it does not name the author or the addressees, and it does not include an opening prayer or thanksgiving. It is more likely an early Christian homily. The book is anonymous, although it has traditionally been attributed to Paul. The emphases in the book, however, are not Pauline.

The Epistle to the Hebrews asserts the superiority of Christ to the prophets, the angels, Moses, Joshua, and the Jewish priesthood. Christ brings a superior covenant, a superior tabernacle, and makes a superior sacrifice. Like many other authors whose task is Christian self-definition, this author uses the Hebrew Scriptures to illustrate the authenticity of his claims. For example, several Old Testament prophets mention a new covenant that God will make with the Jews. Drawing on Platonic thought, this author argues that the old covenant was a foreshadowing of the new, an imperfect reflection of a perfect reality.

Scholars do not know when or where this book was written. It is clear, though, that the author was concerned to define group boundaries. He argued that Christianity represented the perfection of Judaism. Christianity was the religion foretold by the prophets. Those who did not believe that Jesus was the Messiah, moreover, were not the true people of God.

One would think St. Paul could be considered an authority on Christianity.

But if that isn't enough, how about the Catholic Encyclopedia? From its entry on the New Testament [6]:

Specifically Christian Doctrines
Other doctrines, specifically Christian, are not added on to Judaism to develop, but rather to supersede it. In reality, between the New and Old Testaments there is a direct but not revolutionary succession as a superficial observer might be inclined to believe; just as in living beings, the imperfect state of yesterday must give way before the perfection of today although the one has normally prepared the other. If the mystery of the Trinity and the spiritual character of the Messianic Kingdom are ranked among the peculiarly Christian dogmas, it is because the Old Testament was of itself insufficient to establish the doctrine of the New Testament on this subject; and still more because, at the time of Jesus, the opinions current among the Jews went decidedly in the opposite direction.

As such, Coulter was spot on when she told Malzberg:

People who have no knowledge of religion should not, for one thing, probably talk about it, but should certainly not go around getting their noses out of joint about it.

Yes, Ann, but none of this is about knowledge or religion. The left are hunting for witches, and you are sadly one of their prime targets.

With that in mind, should we expect Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada) to be offering a resolution next week condemning Coulter's words?

Let's all pray.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source URL:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/10/13/ann-coulter-explains-her-jews-need-be-perfected-comment
Links:
[1] http://mediamatters.org/items/200710100008?f=h_top
[2] http://www.wor710.com/pages/418904.php
[3] http://www.wor710.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=1063346
[4] http://sweetness-light.com/archive/coulter-blasted-for-espousing-christian-dogma
[5] http://www.us.oup.com/us/companion.websites/0195154622/studentresources/ch25/?view=usa
[6] http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14530a.htm

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Oct 14 08:04:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>It's sad to see how someone beautiful on the outside (ot at least she appears so on her pics in her column) could be so HORRIBLE on the inside.
>
>Well, sooner or later her comeuppance will come for all the stupidities that she writes
>
Welcome back
:-)

FN Posted: Sun Oct 14 09:07:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Granted, I don't like the woman and people like her, they do more damage to the credibility of "the right" than anybody on the left could ever dream of doing.

But I don't get what the fuss is about this time either.

She said that christians are "perfected" jews, which is kind of the whole idea as far as I know christianity. Jews killed jesus, people who liked jesus used to be jews but weren't jews anymore and become christians because they thought what the jews did was wrong and they kind of detached themselves from it from there.

So from that point of view, christians consider themselves perfected jews; they used to be jews but changed their ways from what they saw as not being the right thing to do (killing jebus).

Anybody who takes offense by this should stop being such a muslim.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Oct 14 09:28:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Granted, I don't like the woman and people like her, they do more damage to the credibility of "the right" than anybody on the left could ever dream of doing.
>
>
>But I don't get what the fuss is about this time either.
>
>She said that christians are "perfected" jews, which is kind of the whole idea as far as I know christianity. Jews killed jesus, people who liked jesus used to be jews but weren't jews anymore and become christians because they thought what the jews did was wrong and they kind of detached themselves from it from there.
>
>So from that point of view, christians consider themselves perfected jews; they used to be jews but changed their ways from what they saw as not being the right thing to do (killing jebus).
>
>
>
>Anybody who takes offense by this should stop being such a muslim.
>
Calling Ann Coulter an anti semite is about as ridiculous as calling Rush Limbaugh anti military, which is what most of the mainstream media was doing last week. Granted she is usually over the top, preaching to the choir and doing so to sell her books, but she is always correct with her facts, which is more than one could say about some of her left wing counterparts such as Al Gore and Michael Moore.

novemberrain Posted: Sun Oct 14 12:08:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>erikagm said:
>>Glad I'm not the only one that hates her guts. Her kind of extreme right mentality just makes me want to go postal on her ass.
>
>you're definately not alone, dear.
>
>nice to see you again : )
>
>*and my AWOL soldier Nov too

I concur.

And it's good to be back, General.

addi Posted: Sun Oct 14 15:42:48 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>but she is always correct with her facts,

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."
-- Ann Coulter to George Gurley, New York Observer, August 21, 2002

"[Anti-war Democrats] know that the American people support defending America, unlike them. Their real feelings are coming out as much as they can right now, which is that they're desperately dying to provide aid and support to al-Qaeda."
-- Ann Coulter on WOR radio, September 21, 2002

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it! It's yours.'"
-- Ann Coulter, Hannity & Colmes,June 20, 2001

To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."
-- Ann Coulter, MSNBC

"I think the rest of the countries in the Middle East, after Afghanistan and Iraq, they're pretty much George Bush's bitch." 1/10/05

Canadians "better hope the United States doesn't roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent." 11/30/04

I'm going to stop with these, but I could go on and on with her gems of wisdom.
The point is Coulter doesn't produce facts, hif...she spouts off opinions. She has to because it's the only way she'll stay revelvant and in the limelight (which she so desperately craves).
If she had to rely on well founded facts she'd be up the creek without a brain...and her 15 minutes of fame would be a fading memory...like her looks will soon be.

addi Posted: Sun Oct 14 17:51:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ps

very good to see you posting again, hiffer

and you too Erika and nov

and innocence and miss p
and dantherose and Christophe and..

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Oct 14 19:08:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>but she is always correct with her facts,
>
>
>"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."
>-- Ann Coulter to George Gurley, New York Observer, August 21, 2002
>
>
>"[Anti-war Democrats] know that the American people support defending America, unlike them. Their real feelings are coming out as much as they can right now, which is that they're desperately dying to provide aid and support to al-Qaeda."
>-- Ann Coulter on WOR radio, September 21, 2002
>
>"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it! It's yours.'"
>-- Ann Coulter, Hannity & Colmes,June 20, 2001
>
>To a disabled Vietnam vet: "People like you caused us to lose that war."
>-- Ann Coulter, MSNBC
>
>"I think the rest of the countries in the Middle East, after Afghanistan and Iraq, they're pretty much George Bush's bitch." 1/10/05
>
>Canadians "better hope the United States doesn't roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent." 11/30/04
>
>I'm going to stop with these, but I could go on and on with her gems of wisdom.
>The point is Coulter doesn't produce facts, hif...she spouts off opinions. She has to because it's the only way she'll stay revelvant and in the limelight (which she so desperately craves).
>If she had to rely on well founded facts she'd be up the creek without a brain...and her 15 minutes of fame would be a fading memory...like her looks will soon be.
>
Of course she spouts off opinions, that's her stock in trade, she's a pundit, not an anchor person, but if you took the time to read any of her books, you would see that she also relies on facts to back up her opinions.
I'm not saying she is right or wrong because as much as I like her humor, she does go way over the top from time to time, but she hasn't yet been forced to make any retractions due to factual error. Michael Moore and Al Gore have both been found wanting in the fact department. That's all I'm saying.
As far as her looks being a fading memory, She's not all that hot anyway, but I'm pretty sure that's a problem we all have or will have to deal with, much like my receded hairline.

DanSRose Posted: Mon Oct 15 16:49:23 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christianity wasn't created as Judaism 2: The Jews Strike Back. Jew2- Son of a Jew.
Christianity was made to serve the lower class. It was created to serve the people, in a Marxist sense. Equality, taking care of your neighbors, Do Unto Others, all heading to the end game of the coming Resurrection, where this Work going on in life will be made permanent after.
It is a stark difference from Judaism, which both a religion and a legal system. The Covenant between the Jewish people and God is not just a blessing of "you'z guys are better"; it's "You are special, and if you sign here on the dotted line and following the clauses we've agreed upon, I'll keep you like that." It evolved out of the first 5 basic loose law books into a system of legal books and law interpretation, all to make fairness and equality, but in terms of the law and society- yet not in the personal sense.
Equality and preparation for the Second Coming: Christianity. Judaism- a religio-legal system, which, like all legal systems are supposed to be, is based on justice.

You know, just to clarify.

Also, she's not exactly an anti-Semite. She just thinks Jews are inferior, just like everyone who's not American and white and Christian (real Christian, not like those silly Catholics or Mormons or those dirty Greek Orthodox).

FN Posted: Mon Oct 15 17:31:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>She just thinks Jews are inferior, just like everyone who's not American and white and Christian

I hope you're kidding, if you aren't, you seem to have some issues.

In case you didn't hear: Hitler didn't take over Europe after all.

DanSRose Posted: Tue Oct 16 01:47:23 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe, I swear that is what she says she believes. A quick flip through her crappily written books will tell you that.
She is an awful person if she believes it, and terrible person if it's just for show.

Mesh Posted: Tue Oct 16 02:12:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also, blah blah blah jews. If she is going to say anyone needs to be perfected, why not start with everyone in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8mIl6FaFYo video and everyone who likes that song.

GOD DAMNIT RAP

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Oct 16 07:01:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>Christophe, I swear that is what she says she believes. A quick flip through her crappily written books will tell you that.
>She is an awful person if she believes it, and terrible person if it's just for show.
>
You really think that she believes Jews are inferior ? Or do you just want to think that because it makes it easier for you to hate her ?

Because I can find no evidence of this anywhere in her books.

DanSRose Posted: Tue Oct 16 09:27:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I personally don't believe she's that she hates Jews, or even believes the things she says. I believe that she writes poorly written books on bad politics riddled with virulent hate (that's not actually hers) and sells these crappy books to people all to eager to believe the 'facts' she states in them. These "idiots" restates these 'facts' and uses them to be ultimately wrong, and hateful and wrong. She does this to make money, which isn't quite "right", as it is "evil".
I believe that there is no accountability, with words or actions. That people are accepting her, in general, as legitimately legitimate political commentator is just as disgusting and why she is being constantly being access is the disgusting question (and no- giving access because she can sell a book isn't a reason, it's an excuse).

mat_j Posted: Wed Oct 17 08:20:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That's right calling Anne Coulter a fucking cunt is like calling Rush Limbaugh a fat bastard!

DanSRose Posted: Wed Oct 17 13:33:42 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah. Yeah... I've been feeling kind of circular with this

innocenceNonus Posted: Wed Oct 17 15:11:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Let's go:

1. I like that "Crank dat Souljah Boy" song... Sorry.

2. saying Christians are perfected Jews is total crap. Ann Coulter is dumb for saying it, and Noel Sheppard should open up the Bible and read Hebrews for himself before going off on her words.

i just skimmed hebrews [which i've read before... twice... the most recent time earlier this summer]. and NOWHERE does it say that Christianity is a perfection of Judaism. And btw... the Jews are still God's chosen people. Let's get that clear. Christians [who are gentiles, ie not Jewish] are indeed "saved" [I hate Church terminology, but it'll have to do for now], and unbelieving Jewish people are not. YES, that's one of the basic doctrines of Christianity... but not because they are unbelieving Jewish people but because they are unbelievers.

Because the basis of Christianity is NOT to do good works or do right where the Jews did wrong. THE BASIS of Christianity is to LOVE God with the entire heart, soul, mind, and strength. And what does that mean? Having a relationship with God [another Churchy phrase which I haven't the room or time to explain in a condensed rant]. And AFTER that, comes loving thy neighbor as you love yourself.

Ann Coulter is SO wrong for saying and SO stupid and SUCH an imbecile that I could go on and on about how much her actions and representation of the Christian faith have disgusted me. But, I'm supposed to love and forgive her. SO, I won't say how much I loathe her. INSTEAD, I shall say that in this case she is grossly mistaken.

Also, Paul was not anti-semitic. He was Jewish. He loved Judaism. But he received a calling to minister to the Gentiles.

AT MOST, at the VERY most, we can say that Christianity is merely a completion of Judaism. And a completion is nowhere near the same as that stupidly used word "perfection." But even still, I hesitate calling Christianity a completion because there are so many different thoughts and ideas and practices.

What is the CORRECT and RIGHT thing is that Judaism is the ROOT from which Christianity stems. BUT, Christianity is so different from Judaism, it can hardly be considered a sect. The two are now just separate entities, though they have some history together.

Much like Islam starts with Ishmael and Hagar.

And I checked out Sweetness and Light; it's a total load of crock.

3. I often wonder if certain people really know Christ as they claim themselves Christians. And if Ms. Coulter went to my church, I'd definitely have a talk with her about this.

Also, my home church gave a series right before I left on Judaism and how the Jewish people fit into the Christian faith. And the ideas given [supported by my pastor] are that the Jews are the chosen people, Christians do NOT replace or perfect or are better than Jews, and if ANYTHING, Christians should have a great passion for the Jewish people just as God does.

AMEN.

4. Ann Coulter, if we ever meet, we're going to have a long talk about your relationship with Jesus. Remind me to bring the Salvation booklet and the Salvation bracelet and my Bible. I don't know if you've ever seen [or read] any of the three... but we'll have a talk.

DONE FUMING.

PS-- I had a Chem midterm today... it's only for Chem II, but I missed a problem I should've gotten right. That and I didn't get enough sleep last night. I'M CRANKY.

FN Posted: Wed Oct 17 17:27:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So you're saying all jews are going to hell?

Hitler! Hitler!

*points extaticly*

Racist alert! Racist alert!

*calls the Centre for Equal Opportunities Against Racism*

You're going down now you stinkin' opinionated swine!

That's how it'd go if this were to happen in Europe.

Also, on a totally unrelated note:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/16/yahoo.congress/index.html

erikagm Posted: Wed Oct 17 20:43:11 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>So you're saying all jews are going to hell?
>
>Hitler! Hitler!
>
>*points extaticly*
>
>Racist alert! Racist alert!
>
>*calls the Centre for Equal Opportunities Against Racism*
>
>You're going down now you stinkin' opinionated swine!
>

Actually, he said that, according to whatnot book (bible, koran, or whatever) UNBELIEVING Jews will go to hell. If that even exists.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Oct 18 08:23:58 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>Let's go:
>Also, Paul was not anti-semitic.
>
Did you get your nose so far out of joint on this one that you fail to recognize "tongue in cheek" ?

> But even still, I hesitate calling Christianity a completion because there are so many different thoughts and ideas and practices.
>
So true, yet you refuse to give Ms. Coulter the same consideration as to "so many different thoughts and ideas and practices".

>What is the CORRECT and RIGHT thing is that Judaism is the ROOT from which Christianity stems. BUT, Christianity is so different from Judaism, it can hardly be considered a sect. The two are now just separate entities, though they have some history together.
>
>Much like Islam starts with Ishmael and Hagar.
>
Hagar was OK, but David Lee Roth was the heart and soul of that band.

>And I checked out Sweetness and Light; it's a total load of crock.
>
A load of crock base on what ? your opinion ?
Even assuming this line of thinking has merit, which it does not, would you also be as quick to dismiss The Oxford University Guide to the New Testament which is being quoted here ?

>3. I often wonder if certain people really know Christ as they claim themselves Christians. And if Ms. Coulter went to my church, I'd definitely have a talk with her about this.
>
Careful, careful now, it's so unbecoming for a Christian to be judgemental of others.
Is it not also a sin ?

>4. Ann Coulter, if we ever meet, we're going to have a long talk about your relationship with Jesus. Remind me to bring the Salvation booklet and the Salvation bracelet and my Bible. I don't know if you've ever seen [or read] any of the three... but we'll have a talk.
>
It would seem that there is only room in heaven for those Christians that see Jesus as you see him and only that doctrine which you follow.
Apparently all others are damned ?
>

addi Posted: Thu Oct 18 11:37:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>It would seem that there is only room in heaven for those Christians that see Jesus as you see him and only that doctrine which you follow.
>Apparently all others are damned ?

God talked to me last night. He had just finished chatting with Dubya and told him to "stay the course", and that "it was cool to invade Iran", but I digress.
I asked him about innocence and he told me she's a righteous dudette.

Then I asked him about Coulter and he told me she's a "dumb cunt, and will spend eternal damnation in hell being forced to watch Michael Moore movies, without salt on her popcorn"

I said, "Wow...Harsh!"
That was the end of it cuz he said he had to go deal with some guy in Belgium using sinful avatar photos.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Oct 18 12:36:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>It would seem that there is only room in heaven for those Christians that see Jesus as you see him and only that doctrine which you follow.
>>Apparently all others are damned ?
>
>
>God talked to me last night. He had just finished chatting with Dubya and told him to "stay the course", and that "it was cool to invade Iran", but I digress.
>I asked him about innocence and he told me she's a righteous dudette.
>
>Then I asked him about Coulter and he told me she's a "dumb cunt, and will spend eternal damnation in hell being forced to watch Michael Moore movies, without salt on her popcorn"
>
>I said, "Wow...Harsh!"
>That was the end of it cuz he said he had to go deal with some guy in Belgium using sinful avatar photos.
>
HA !
That wasn't God you nicompoop, that was Karl Rove, though the two are very similar I suppose.

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Oct 18 13:48:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Did you get your nose so far out of joint on this one that you fail to recognize "tongue in cheek" ?

yes.

>So true, yet you refuse to give Ms. Coulter the same consideration as to "so many different thoughts and ideas and practices".

true. i do. because i'm arguing that she's incorrect in basic doctrines. but even if she was slightly mistaken, i wouldn't hold it so hard against her if she had some tact about it. but alas, her lack of Christ-like attitude has gotten me so out of joint with mine.

>A load of crock base on what ? your opinion ?
>Even assuming this line of thinking has merit, which it does not, would you also be as quick to dismiss The Oxford University Guide to the New Testament which is being quoted here ?
>

yup. load of crock based on my opinion. and that many of the people who're reading it and comment appear uninformed or lacking understanding of certain current events. lacking tact to boot.

and actually, i believe i kind of did dismiss the Oxford University's Guide. well, not dismiss. more like disagreed. i think it's poorly worded, though admittedly, i can see why it [and ms. coulter] would say what it's saying. personally, from my reading [and others] of Hebrews [and i challenge anyone to read it as an entity for themselves], you wouldn't say the word "perfected". especially if you've read other books in the New Testament. well, you wouldn't say it unless you were self-righteous and arrogant. [which i seem to be so much of in my previous post... perhaps i should just up my dissent and agree with her [and THAT was my tongue in cheek]]. but in the end, it's all a question of semantics.

>Careful, careful now, it's so unbecoming for a Christian to be judgemental of others.
>Is it not also a sin ?

to be concerned with the true salvation of my Christian sister? Not at all. : )

>It would seem that there is only room in heaven for those Christians that see Jesus as you see him and only that doctrine which you follow.
>Apparently all others are damned ?

not at all. only one doctrine be needed at the bottom line: a personal relationship with Jesus as Lord and Saviour.

i just happen to question whether Coulter DOES have that relationship... because if she did, she wouldn't be so hateful. And that's not an off-base opinion or semantics-debatable point. When one enters a relationship with Christ, their life is completely changed. And the aim of a Christian is to be more and more like Christ.

Uhh... correct me if I'm wrong, but somehow, I don't see Christ saying that those who believe in Him are perfected Jews. And I certainly don't see Him saying many of the other things she says... But if anyone else sees Jesus saying those things, let me know! I'd love to hear your opinion on why and what basis it's evolving off of.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Oct 18 14:57:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>Uhh... correct me if I'm wrong, but somehow, I don't see Christ saying that those who believe in Him are perfected Jews. And I certainly don't see Him saying many of the other things she says... But if anyone else sees Jesus saying those things, let me know! I'd love to hear your opinion on why and what basis it's evolving off of.
>
And if Christianity only depended on the known words of Christ to create it's many doctrines, there would be many many fewer Christians in the world, that's for sure.

As for the hatefulness of Ms. Coulter, I don't see where you are finding that.
I don't see anything hateful in her words at all.

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Oct 18 15:51:04 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >And if Christianity only depended on the known words of Christ to create it's many doctrines, there would be many many fewer Christians in the world, that's for sure.
>

Funny, but I'd imagine you're right. Hopefully it would weed out all the creepos [JKJK!... sort of].

And in retrospect, I'm admittedly being rather spiteful on my part. Perhaps i shouldn't be so mean... though, I highly doubt that she would care what the thoughts of a 20-year-old slightly-psychopathic college student are. Especially not one who believes that the world was given to us to care for, not "rape," and ESPECIALLY someone who's still questioning whether what the religious conservative right says about homosexuality is congruent with everything the Bible and Christianity say.

Ah, dear me for questioning authority and on the occasion, God Himself. What a blasphemer I am for not blindly following...

: )
Oh that tongue in my cheek...
Whatever shall I do with you?
Certainly you will never be
Near anyone's shoes...
But what trouble you get into,
Throwing yourself
Out of my mouth
At all the different authorities...
I suppose I shall just have
to keep you in cheek
In order to help you
in running away
With me.

Modern Poetry Class strikes again!!
Apologies to everyone for my crappily little compositions that strike my own fancy. I'm a bit of an arrogant pig-head. : )

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Oct 18 15:57:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>So you're saying all jews are going to hell?
>
>Hitler! Hitler!
>
>*points extaticly*
>
>Racist alert! Racist alert!
>
>*calls the Centre for Equal Opportunities Against Racism*
>
>You're going down now you stinkin' opinionated swine!
>

oh, you'd LOVE that, wouldn't you, Christophe?

bothersome me for also believing in other religious doctrines that lead me to think it's more about the heart of a person than the appearance. and bothersome me for believing in the possiblity of people going to heaven without having heard or known the gospel.

what EVER shall we do with me?

good thing Anti-Semite Paul agrees!

PS-- if anyone's wondering why I sound so ridiculous and happy, it's because my chemistry test was curved to a B-. AHAHAHAHA! I narrowly escape the clutches of Frou Failure again! Take that, you old HAG!

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Oct 18 18:32:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:
>>And if Christianity only depended on the known words of Christ to create it's many doctrines, there would be many many fewer Christians in the world, that's for sure.
>>
>
>Funny, but I'd imagine you're right. Hopefully it would weed out all the creepos [JKJK!... sort of].
>
>And in retrospect, I'm admittedly being rather spiteful on my part. Perhaps i shouldn't be so mean... though, I highly doubt that she would care what the thoughts of a 20-year-old slightly-psychopathic college student are. Especially not one who believes that the world was given to us to care for, not "rape," and ESPECIALLY someone who's still questioning whether what the religious conservative right says about homosexuality is congruent with everything the Bible and Christianity say.
>
>Ah, dear me for questioning authority and on the occasion, God Himself. What a blasphemer I am for not blindly following...
>
>: )
>Oh that tongue in my cheek...
>Whatever shall I do with you?
>Certainly you will never be
>Near anyone's shoes...
>But what trouble you get into,
>Throwing yourself
>Out of my mouth
>At all the different authorities...
>I suppose I shall just have
>to keep you in cheek
>In order to help you
>in running away
>With me.
>
>Modern Poetry Class strikes again!!
>Apologies to everyone for my crappily little compositions that strike my own fancy. I'm a bit of an arrogant pig-head. : )
>
Nothing wrong with you Innocence, I just questioned you being so judgemental and spiteful when I'm sure you really aren't that way.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]