Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Still in Beijing, China
everyday_daisy Posted: Tue Oct 23 12:44:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Is anybody here familiar with these parts?

Where can I go? If anybody has just as much time on their hands - care to bestow and share your wisdom? We'll e-mail chat about nothing and everything. I'll probably walk around but I have about 4 more days here, plenty of time.

Dancer Posted: Tue Oct 23 23:10:12 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i've not been to beijing.. would love to go. but isn't the weather really harsh now?

innocenceNonus Posted: Wed Oct 24 17:32:01 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've only been once a long time ago.

Night markets are always fun.

But above all... FOOOOOOOOD.

and i love watching the old people do Tai Chi in the morning. if you get a chance, do it.

and personally, i'd take pictures...

if you're able to, go to touristy sites without the tour guide. Forbidden Palace, Great Wall... Buddhist temples... the works.

I'm a sucker for that kinda stuff, but I HATE HATE HATE having a tour guide. ruins the fun [no offense to tour guides... i just prefer having an adventure].

beware the Chinese military...

and if you feel like being an activist, you could always go and complain about the situation in Burma to anyone who'll listen... though this might get you deported, so you probably won't want to do that.

and again, Old PPl Doing Tai Chi = awesome.

it was probably one of my favorite parts about being in Beijing... the contrast between the old and the new, tradition and innovation... and they seemed so small in the middle of the city. i dunno; it made me sad.

and i'm a sucker for being emo. : P

MUCH LOVE! Hope you're having fun. if worse comes to worst, you could always just walk around finding Engrish.

FN Posted: Thu Oct 25 07:20:13 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22640695-5013016,00.html?from=mostpop

addi Posted: Thu Oct 25 09:40:59 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:

>if you're able to, go to touristy sites without the tour guide. Forbidden Palace, Great Wall... Buddhist temples... the works.

If you go to the Forbidden Palace I suggest you do the Forbidden Dance once inside. The two just go together.

*and I'd avoid eating meat there. The beef may really be poochie meat.

: )

mat_j Posted: Fri Oct 26 08:11:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>innocenceNonus said:
>
>>if you're able to, go to touristy sites without the tour guide. Forbidden Palace, Great Wall... Buddhist temples... the works.
>
>
>If you go to the Forbidden Palace I suggest you do the Forbidden Dance once inside. The two just go together.
>
>
>*and I'd avoid eating meat there. The beef may really be poochie meat.
>
>: )

Or if you were really feeling confident sing the fobidden verse of the German national anthem.

everyday_daisy Posted: Sat Oct 27 11:33:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You guys are great! :)

Haha you know - wiki/livejournal/blogspot/youtube and a lot of sites are banned here?

When I come home and I just want random information, -t'was hard! I'm going home now!

The weather is not as bad as I thought! :)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]