Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Do you like math?
Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 29 12:23:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://puzzle.arpatubes.net/answer.php

I got it first try! I feel so smart. That is S-M-R-T, Smart!

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 29 12:24:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Pardon me.

http://puzzle.arpatubes.net/

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Thu Nov 29 13:36:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  are you messing with me
why
can't
i
find
the correct answer

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Thu Nov 29 13:38:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and i don't even like math *pfuh*

addi Posted: Thu Nov 29 13:42:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Got me the first time

Went back and read it a bit more carefully the second time

Aha : )

It's a good thing my life didn't depend on answering correctly the first time.

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 29 13:55:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>are you messing with me
>why
>can't
>i
>find
>the correct answer

There are three different sets of numbers you need to multiply. Then add the product of these three together for the right answer.

sweet p Posted: Thu Nov 29 14:00:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  easy peasy.
i sometimes like math, but i don't love math.

math made me think about school, and that lead to more thinking.

addi, random question: what age/level did you like teaching most when you were a teacher?

everyone, random question: do/did you love/like/hate school? elaboration, please.

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 29 14:17:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hated it. I found myself bored to tears because I was able to half pay attention and still absorb more and make better marks than people who listened intently and scribbled notes and studied hard, etc. Also frustrated with people always holding up class because they didn't understand the simplest things.

Also, authority.

innocenceNonus Posted: Thu Nov 29 15:27:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dude, totally took me four times.

kt = a dumb

ah well.

hated school. because you're there to compete and not to learn. and what i hated more was teachers who re-affirmed that.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 29 16:02:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  

random question: do/did you love/like/hate school? elaboration, please.
>
I hated the work part of it, but loved the social part.
I got decent grades without having to work for them, so I never really applied myself as I was way too busy chasing skirts and such.

beetlebum Posted: Thu Nov 29 16:03:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i do like math! i didn't think the above problem was too hard.

i also liked school, but i was often bored. i think elementary school was the best, because i was actually still learning how to do things, not just memorizing facts.

i had some great teachers in high school though, who maybe didn't teach me so much about the subjects we were studying but definitely taught me quite a bit about life.

and one of my favourite quotes is this one:

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.

- Oscar Wilde

wilde was correct on that account.

addi Posted: Thu Nov 29 16:15:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:

>addi, random question: what age/level did you like teaching most when you were a teacher?

kindergarteners and early grade levels...much to my surprise. They listened to me. They could be managed with just a "look" from me. They thought I was funny, even when my jokes went over there head. They thought I was a rock star because I'd play my guitar and sing (mostly educational songs I made up) in the classroom..the poor kids didn't know any better. I was the only hetro male teacher in my school so I kinda stood out.
When I subbed in middle and high school I enjoyed the more intellectual topics of the lessons, but class managment was a bear to deal with. Teachers now have a hard time keeping things under control...for a sub it was next to impossible.

sweet p Posted: Thu Nov 29 21:19:03 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i think i liked school until i got to university and realised i was a practical learner as opposed to a theoretical one.

infact, i loved school.

i've always agreed with that quote too, b-bum. [and, an off-topic note: when i got home today, my sisters were making fun of me because there was a brown envelope waiting for me in the mail box which they thought i sent to myself!! they are still convinced by the handwriting that i send myself mail.]

and i knew you'd say that, addi. i just wanted to make sure.

pamela Posted: Thu Nov 29 23:47:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love math - it's reasonable and it quiets the mind. That question was fun, I put in my email, I hope that person really does send out questions most weeks.
I hated school. I hated the social parts, I disliked most of my teachers who were bigger gossipers than most of the students. I've seen school destroy too many good kids. In contrast, I really enjoy learning a lot. There are a few select teachers who I still talk to on occasion. But there's always a difference between getting the grade and getting the material. School curriculms are terrible.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Fri Nov 30 03:31:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hated school when I was young, I never got why I had to be locked in with others while I wanned to play outside. Plus I hated the social part, till the age of 11 my school was an all girl school, so that didn't work for me that well :p I have been bullied quite alot then.

But how much I hated that, I hated high school 10 times worse, I hated everything about it.
Untill I decide to change schools.
My first school didn't have the subjects that I wanned to follow at school, so I was following economics and languages, wich I found boring.

So I changed to an other school and it became great! Best choise in my life, it made a totally different person out of me.

mat_j Posted: Fri Nov 30 07:00:48 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I loved school, i was bullied like crazy for a while, but luckily i got a sense of humour so i could appreciate the bullying more than other weiners. I soon learned the art of the quick come back and the best way to get at someone, i went through the transitional beatings stage and emerged the otherside a wize cracking, outsider and later a commited chaser of skirts sparticus (I also got pretty big at this stage and people stopped bothering me so much).

School, like life, is what you make of it, it's tough but you cut your own breaks and can't expect much from anyone else.

I appreciated learning how to learn, the rest i made up as i went along.

University was even better, it was like school but on drugs... literally!

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Fri Nov 30 07:10:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Went and tried it again today

I found it
I feel good now

addi Posted: Fri Nov 30 08:32:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:

>and i knew you'd say that, addi.

Sometime try asking me a question you don't already know the answer to

: )

libra Posted: Fri Nov 30 20:11:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like school. I love it sometimes.
I only really started to like it once I got to UC Berkeley, and I felt like it was relevant.

AND, I miss school a lot right now, so I am really excited to find out about grad schools and go next year.

DanSRose Posted: Sat Dec 1 08:47:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  3 tries bitches! awesome

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]