Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Free Topic
Mesh Posted: Fri Nov 30 13:22:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For all your random thought needs.

So, I need an extend-a-arm thingy for my office. That way, when I want the door closed, I don't have to go through all of the daggum hastle of getting up, taking four and a half steps, shutting it, taking four and a half more steps, and then after all that nonsense BS, have to go through the effort of squatting for a fraction of a second before my bum actually hits the chairing sitting thingy with the armrests and whatnot and comfortable back and crap like that.

This extend-a-arm needs to have GI Joe kung-fu action grip, triggered by nothing more than the push of a button on my end. It's...I need this, people. Come on. I need this.

Christmas is coming up, you know.

Posted: Fri Nov 30 19:55:42 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The #1 thing I love about the web industry:

No doors, and often, no walls. ever.

Open Communication ++

At work if we ever need to have a seriously private conversation (really never happens), we just go sit on the patio.

libra Posted: Fri Nov 30 20:04:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>The #1 thing I love about the web industry:
>
>No doors, and often, no walls. ever.
>
>Open Communication ++
>
>At work if we ever need to have a seriously private conversation (really never happens), we just go sit on the patio.

I couldn't handle that. I like having my own space. this place I temped at recently had glass in between the cubicles instead of that fabric-wall stuff. It drove me crazy. Like you're in a fishbowl.

My safari browser recently updated and now it runs spellcheck. Which is good and bad. Sometimes, when I make up words, I don't need it and it bothers me, but other times, it is nice to have.

kurohyou Posted: Fri Nov 30 21:17:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  no real need. but a random thought.

I'm about to go spend 10 hours with a bunch of drunk skiers in the snow... with a taser...

Not that it matters...

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Nov 30 22:38:27 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  crazy mom invites me over for thanksgiving and i skipped out on it. and now i feel crappy.

mm. i doubt getting anyone xmas presents really matters being that i don't care to know my family the rest of the 364 days of the year.

weddings are crazy hard to plan.

apartments in KS are crazy cheap.

DanSRose Posted: Fri Nov 30 22:44:47 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My uncle died on Tuesday, my father's brother. He was a good man, a large man, but a good man who screwed up a lot in the past. It was an unexpected heart ache at car shop. He was almost 49.
What kills me the most isn't simply his death, but that my dad is having to clean up his mess of a shop, the debts, the expenses, and most everything else.It's not the first time he's broke his back trying to fix my uncle's messes, but the enormity of it - and the suddenness of it - isn't right, and nor is it good for my dad.

He hasn't had the Break yet, I don't think. I will wait for it, but I doubt he will do it when anyone is around.
ALL of my family is in down. It seriously is affecting my grandfather and my aunt (his sister). It's been a very long 4 days.

innocenceNonus Posted: Sat Dec 1 00:33:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i had two VERY vivid dreams last night.

the first was my grandmother dying which resulted in my heart being wrenched out. while i started waking, i could feel my face still stretched out, contorted in my crying face [which i had been doing in my dream].

the second was people robbing my family... first some random group of kids and the second time a group of three people... one of whom has been this guy i've been getting to know lately. getting to know really well. a guy i used to have a crush on [but whom i'm just interested in platonically now]

what was so alarming about the second was that in the dreams i began HATING him. HATING. violently.

to the point where i told him, "If you even try to mess with my family, I'll KILL you." And i meant it.

it's one thing to say "i hate them so much i could kill them" and not mean it. to mean it... even if in a dream... that's something strong. really strong.

and i woke up furious and had to calm myself down.

it's weird hating someone when in reality you rather like them.

vivid dreams freak me out... because they're far too real.

Mark Posted: Sat Dec 1 12:09:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This night I will have a party with some students. It might be the last party I have as a student myself. Getting close to those exams and finally finishing school. Scares the hell out of me sometimes to know that this will be it... the end of my school era, being part of the full time workforce from there on. Sures, better income and such are nice, but still... It will be weird though. hahaha I'm going to miss having so much holidays as in school :p

erikagm Posted: Sat Dec 1 13:17:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>
>I couldn't handle that. I like having my own space. this place I temped at recently had glass in between the cubicles instead of that fabric-wall stuff. It drove me crazy. Like you're in a fishbowl.
>

That's why they're called "fishtanks" libra. I should know, I work in one ALL day. I got myself a spot facing one of the few drywall sides. A commodity. Being that I'm distracted extremely easily, it's a must.

What bothers ME though, is having so many people around me. A fishtank that's 20 feet long by 7 feet wide with about 14 people inside it all day. Back to back almost. Can't concentrate. Gotta love the call center outsourcing business though.

erikagm Posted: Sat Dec 1 13:22:16 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And for anyone who cares and will give me an opinion...

I have a cat. A completely black cat with greenish yellow eyes. I ADORE him. He is so loving and beautiful, if a tad annoying at times. He cannot stand to be without me, and when I'm home, he will come sit as close to me as he can always.

My gf hates him. She is insanely jealous of him since she says I pay him too much attention.

I love my cat, but I'm willing to give him up because of her, although I know I'll be regretful of it my whole life.

The catch?

Should I put him to sleep or give him away?

I had him stay at a friend's house the last time my gf spent time at my house, he was there for a week. He spent the whole week underneath the refrigerator refusing to come out and socialize with my friend's family. As soon as he saw me though, he came out and started purring like crazy.

What should I do?

pamela Posted: Sat Dec 1 14:07:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Why does it seem that bad things happen all at once? I hate missing class, I hate being late to class. Unfortunately, I do both. But what can I say I work late hours and have early morning classes and never sleep. So anyway. I have this terrible teacher, honestly, she hasn't taught me a single thing the entire semester. I can't wait for her teacher review so I can slam her. I don't need to show up for class or even read any of the material and I'm still getting As - which says something since most of the class is getting Cs or worse. So I missed a class I felt really badly, I emailed her asking her if I there was anything I could do to make it up, if there were any assignments and generally just telling her how sorry I was and how badly I felt. She emailed me back and said You should feel bad! You can't do anything about missing the class come to the rest of them. You have a terrible track record of missed classes. I've missed some, but I don't think it's an unreasonable amount - and again - Im STILL getting As plus I'm one of the only people who participate. Finally, the thing that really made me mad was that she ended the email with Best, ...BEST!!! She told me to feel bad and then wished me the best. This woman grr I just don't think I can complain enough about her.

Next, I go to this detention center in Elizabeth every Saturday morning as a volunteer thing since people who are seeking asylum in the US are treated like criminals and not allowed to see daylight - literally. And the guy I was talking to actually started hitting on me. It made me feel so uncomfortable. I'm trying to be a friend, but what can you do in a situation like that? I'm supposed to be a friend to people who feel forgotten. I can't just walk out and leave - I just don't have the heart. It was miserable. He said he thought I was beautiful and the first thought in my head was Damnit! Why do you have to be such a dick? I'm so messed up, maybe my professor had it right and I should feel badly...

Finally, my birthday is tomorrow. All I can think about it is that it's the day my dad decided he wanted a drink more than he wanted me. Here's to my anniversary of being unwanted.

On another note...
Erikagm--
Maybe you should try and get your gf and your cat so spend some quality time together. If that doesn't work, give the cat away, you could find a good home somewhere, don't put it to sleep. That's too sad.

Ahriman Posted: Sat Dec 1 15:07:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I need a raise. That cut on my leg is looking pretty fucked up.

addi Posted: Sat Dec 1 17:56:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:

>Should I put him to sleep or give him away?

Do NOT put him to sleep.

I can't believe that's even a question you're seriously asking.

if your insecure girlfirend is so jealous of a cat, then you have far more serious relationship issues to deal with.

*hug*

addi Posted: Sat Dec 1 18:07:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  pamela said:

>Next, I go to this detention center in Elizabeth every Saturday morning as a volunteer thing since people who are seeking asylum in the US are treated like criminals and not allowed to see daylight - literally. And the guy I was talking to actually started hitting on me. It made me feel so uncomfortable. I'm trying to be a friend, but what can you do in a situation like that? I'm supposed to be a friend to people who feel forgotten. I can't just walk out and leave - I just don't have the heart.

You do have the heart, pamela...that's why you're voluteering at a place that is full of hopelessness and trying to help others. I suggest smiling when you're hit on there and moving on to a different topic..basically ignoring the hit. If it persists then a stronger approach is warranted. I can imagine in that environment you'd have some contact with socially disturbed males.

>Finally, my birthday is tomorrow. All I can think about it is that it's the day my dad decided he wanted a drink more than he wanted me. Here's to my anniversary of being unwanted.

Well that's just really sad :(

Kira Posted: Sat Dec 1 18:45:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Erika,

Your wonderful kitty does not need to be put to sleep (nor does he deserve it). If you give him to the right rescue group (NOT a shelter!!) he will be placed in a foster home that will work with him until he can be adopted out.

Black cats are VERY DIFFICULT to adopt out, so this is another reason to give him to a rescue group. Often if a foster pet-parent can't find a home for an animal, they will simply keep it. Not always, but often.

I know that in the case of dogs with behavior problems, the ideal home is always one with someone in the animal care field, such as a vet or animial behaviorist. I don't think your cat needs this - just a lot of time and patience - but it's something you can ask about when you're talking to rescues.

Kira Posted: Sat Dec 1 18:48:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:

>dogs with behavior problems

Not to suggest that loving you is a behavior problem. :)

Mesh Posted: Sat Dec 1 23:49:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Let's give people the axe three and a half weeks before Christmas!

Sounds like a great idea to me!

erikagm Posted: Sun Dec 2 02:40:19 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Erika,
>
>Your wonderful kitty does not need to be put to sleep (nor does he deserve it). If you give him to the right rescue group (NOT a shelter!!) he will be placed in a foster home that will work with him until he can be adopted out.

Unfortunately, I need to remind you guys that I live in dinky Mexico. We have NOTHING in the way of rescue groups like in the states here. There are a few places like that, but they mostly take puppies/kitties and not older animals. Oh, and they're like 3 hrs and a stateline away.

The reason I actually considered putting my cat to sleep is because several people that know him all agree that he would not be happy anywhere away from me, so I don't know which is crueler. Plus he has health issues that derive from him being a stray when he was a kitten, the main one being that he has a deviated hip, so he can't jump to/fall from too high.

It kills me because I've already tried getting him and my gf together and having them have a little quality time, and it ended up with my cat getting so anxious that one time he puked all over in front of her and the other he shat and pissed underneath where she was sitting, so no dice there. They really just dont like each other. And he's generally a very loving and gentle creature, except when it comes to her.

He's 4 years old, which is far more than what he would've survived here in Mexico out on the street (and in the part of town where I live he would've probably been torchered to death by children 3 1/2 years ago), and til now he's lead a pampered and loving life, so in some odd way I feel like if I put him to sleep now, it's more than what he would've had out on the street anyway, you know? Although maybe that's just me making up excuses to assuage my guilty feelings, I don't know.

So my options are pretty much placing him with whoever will take a cat (not a hell of a lot of cat lovers here in Mexico, especially black, since Mexico is full of superstitious types), giving him to a vet's office and HOPE someone will adopt him (whilst vets here generally have to end up putting them to sleep anyway because no one will adopt a grown cat), throwing him out onto the street (which I utterly REFUSE to do) and putting him to sleep.

I'm really torn and I don't know what to do. At times I feel it's less cruel to just put him to sleep since he's had a great life so far and I know he'd be miserable anywhere else... But then I feel so miserable myself at having to choose between him and my gf, I feel like it's not fair...

End of ramble, I'm getting too sentimental and worked up...

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Dec 2 04:54:36 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:

>Should I put him to sleep or give him away?
>

Put your gf to sleep or give her away!

She's the only one who deserves it, not the poor cat!

I'm sorry but she's a bitch for asking you to choose between an animal you love so much and her.

FN Posted: Sun Dec 2 06:38:12 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Not really.

In the end, it's a cat, if it's causing trouble it has to go.

Your gf obviously is in the right when asking you to get rid of it if it is causing so much trouble. If you think the relationship is going anywhere and it's stable enough to outlast the cat's remaining lifetime, I say get rid of the cat if it's a serious problem.

I'll never get why people allow their pets to dominate their lives.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Dec 2 07:26:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, ofcourse you don't get it
(there's feelings involved towards other living creatures)

I don't see it here as if the cat is dominating his life, but the gf is...

I mean, he says he adores the cat, its a fine animal and it likes beeing around him.. It's not like a dog that's gone wild and starts biting him or children or whatever

It's not like the cat is going to eat the girlfriend, although at the moment she has every right to do so...

If the gf was ok with him keeping the cat, there wouldn't be a problem, and nobody has to die or get given away...

I say she's pretty damn selfish

Ps : I have never in my life heard of someone getting jealous over a cat.
She just has to get over herself

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Dec 2 07:38:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Erika, you said your cat stayed under the fridge for a week when he stayed with a friend.
That's actually pretty normal for a cat in new surroundings.
Try it again for 2 weeks and I'll bet he comes out and begins to check out his new digs and eventually acclimates to his new home and family.

Btw, glad to have you back Darlin'
:-)

mat_j Posted: Sun Dec 2 08:09:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Not really.
>
>
>In the end, it's a cat, if it's causing trouble it has to go.
>
>Your gf obviously is in the right when asking you to get rid of it if it is causing so much trouble. If you think the relationship is going anywhere and it's stable enough to outlast the cat's remaining lifetime, I say get rid of the cat if it's a serious problem.
>
>
>I'll never get why people allow their pets to dominate their lives.

Shit i kind of agree with you!

DanSRose Posted: Sun Dec 2 08:27:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The extent of the cat dominating her is sitting on her lap and purring. That ... bastard.

This goes deserves a conversation regarding what are threats to the relationship and what defines a "problem" to the relationship. It's very selfish.

addi Posted: Sun Dec 2 08:32:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can do things and be friends with people that don't like animals, but I could never be in a serious romantic relationship with a person that felt that way.
With a very few exceptions I find people that don't like animals are people I have little in common with.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Dec 2 08:39:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love animals, especially beef and chicken.

FN Posted: Sun Dec 2 10:21:54 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It is dominating her life if she has trouble with her gf over it to the point that it could cause serious problems.

Again, it's a cat, for 90% of it it loves you because you give it food.

I've had pets, which I liked, so I know how it is. Let's be realistic here, if your cat would go out on the street every once in a while and somebody a few houses away gives it more food than you do it'll end up giving its love there.

That's not a bad thing, that's just how animals work.

Anyway, this time I've read the whole story (at first I thought the cat was being aggressive towards the gf), and either Erika is a crazy cat woman (you know the type) or the gf should indeed get over herself, or, and this might be the key, maybe it's a bit of both.

The thing is, you have to see it from the gf's point of view as well. I have a friend in a similar situation. When the pet, be it a dog or a cat or a hippopotamus (just wanted to say hippopotamus. hippopotamus.) starts to be involved in almost every conversation (it's so sweet! look how much it loves me! yay!) it gets very old very quickly when you don't share the same kind of blind love towards that particular specimen.

Obviously, the gf, pretty much like a pet, has to know how far she can and can't go. Hippopotamus. It's fine if she's really having trouble with the cat but I'd say don't let it get a precursor to having to be on the defensive all the time and be blackmailed into getting rid of everything she doesn't happen to like for whatever reason in order to avoid tantrums. Oh, how I've been there.

Like hif said, it's normal that it would hide under the fridge at first, I wouldn't worry too much about that. Like I said earlier, just make sure they give it lots of food and it'll miraculously adapt in no time.

FN Posted: Sun Dec 2 10:24:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Or,

You could throw 'em both in a pit and have a cat fight.

Get it? Cat fight?

I'm hilarious.

erikagm Posted: Sun Dec 2 20:56:34 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Anyway, this time I've read the whole story (at first I thought the cat was being aggressive towards the gf), and either Erika is a crazy cat woman (you know the type)
>
>When the pet, be it a dog or a cat or a hippopotamus (just wanted to say hippopotamus. hippopotamus.) starts to be involved in almost every conversation (it's so sweet! look how much it loves me! yay!) it gets very old very quickly when you don't share the same kind of blind love towards that particular specimen.

Nice to see you again too, Christophe! I thought you knew me better than that you Belgian jerk! (jerk said in the same way I call my brother a jerk, btw) Sheesh...

I am -not- a "crazy cat woman". I just tend to get very attached to my pets and even cry when they pass away. My conversations are -not- about my cat, it just bothers my gf that when we're sitting at home watching TV the cat's upper body half will be resting on my leg and I'll be petting it.

Like I said before, my cat is sort of acting out towards my gf, being that he pukes and pisses and shits underneath wherever she's sitting...

And I've had people feed my cat and be nice to him (people who have actually lived in my house for a month or so) and he won't get acquainted with them willingly, he has to be forced, and even then you can tell he doesn't really enjoy it :S

So I don't know. I mean, my gf is not one of those "I hate all animals" type that addi mentioned. She's fine with cats in general as long as they're not all over me all the time like my cat is, and she ADORES dogs. Like I said I don't know. They just dislike each other a lot. To the point of my cat shitting and puking. Underneath her chair. Three times.

So I don't think he'd be too happy with the new living arrangements once she moves down.

Christophe said:

>You could throw 'em both in a pit and have a cat fight.

If only looks could kill Christophe... *sigh*

And ~Just Imagine~... I'm a girl too by the way... Guess that makes me a lesbian, huh? Just thought I'd let you know. LOL

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Dec 3 03:35:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:

>And ~Just Imagine~... I'm a girl too by the way... Guess that makes me a lesbian, huh? Just thought I'd let you know. LOL

ooooopssss sorry :)
I just read "erik" instead of "erika"
my mistake... and followed my assumptions, forgive me? :)

I hope you find a good solution for your cat.
Like christophe said, cats can be persueded with food.
I don't know if you and your gf live together but if you do, you can maybe let your gf feed the cat (if she's up to that). So that your cat could become more friendly towards her?
I know our cats are 10 times more friendly when they are in the mood for food ;)

addi Posted: Mon Dec 3 07:16:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>erikagm said:

>I know our cats are 10 times more friendly when they are in the mood for food ;)

So true.
I find I'm 10 times more friendly when I'm in the mood for sex.
I guess that just proves humans are just animals...
...or males are just shallow

Mark Posted: Mon Dec 3 09:17:12 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>...or males just swallow
You say what?!?

:p

DanSRose Posted: Mon Dec 3 13:11:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My gf's used run away from me like I going to eat it. Then I started to feed it and now it occasionally sleeps on my chest or arm when I stay over. That is the primo seat I guess.

My grandparents, aunts, cousins, and my cousin's baby that my aunt & her partner are raising have all left. They are going to finish sitting Shiva (not the Indian war god, the Jewish mourning week) and the house is quiet now and my dad I think is acting odd(er), just like everyone else as my uncle left a huge fucking mess.
Note: When you die, don't leave a huge fucking financial mess. It sucks for everyone.

DanSRose Posted: Mon Dec 3 13:15:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh and I'm getting a new winter coat:
https://www.nau.com/homepage/index.jsp#/shopnau/men/jackets_vests/shroud_of_purrin_jacket
It is awesome looking and is made of recycled and reconstituted plastic and fleece. Lots of Green magazines say it is awesome.

FN Posted: Mon Dec 3 14:27:48 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>Oh and I'm getting a new winter coat:
>https://www.nau.com/homepage/index.jsp#/shopnau/men/jackets_vests/shroud_of_purrin_jacket
>It is awesome looking and is made of recycled and reconstituted plastic and fleece. Lots of Green magazines say it is awesome.

Aside from a cheap marketing pun I don't really see the coat's connection to the shroud of turin.

Did jesus make it?

Or do you now want to wear jesus' skin after you've crucified him? ;)

Having said that, it looks alright I guess but I'd get it in a different color

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Dec 3 15:29:50 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am getting

A new backpack (Deuter, 65 liters +15)
Pricetag: about 150 euro

A new sleepingbag (one that will go below -15 in comfortzone)
Pricetag estimation: about 200 euro

A new pair of hikingshoes B-C
Pricetag : around 100 euro
(thank god I can borrow the "D"-shoes (= the ones you can put crampons on) from someone with same shoesize, or I would have lost another 200 euro on that)

At this point I'm pretty much broke :p

2008 is gonna rock bigtime! Litarally

Our indian goal:
- 8 Day trekking in the Ladakh area (himalayas) --> Getting used to the high altitude, well be passing passes of 5000 m andso)
- A 6 day Climb to the Lungser Kangri = 6666 m high :)

I can't wait!

This winter shall be training, more training, planning, some training, lots of dreaming, training ... :)

DanSRose Posted: Mon Dec 3 20:00:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>Aside from a cheap marketing pun I don't really see the coat's connection to the shroud of turin.
>
>Did jesus make it?
>
>Or do you now want to wear jesus' skin after you've crucified him? ;)
>
>
>Having said that, it looks alright I guess but I'd get it in a different color

In the black color. Not the blue or green.
Jesus did make it. HE told me. HIS image appeared to me in a piece of toast and HE spoketh.
After a quick Google search, I have determined that since the only reference to "purrin" in the whole of the tubes of the interwebs is to cute cats, I concluded the jacket was made by and for lolcats. Or maybe it made from them, skinned. I'm still getting it, but I will wear it with pride if it's the second.

Mesh Posted: Tue Dec 4 02:44:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I planned on watching some TV, tonight. But once again, life got in the way of mindless fantasy.

Mesh Posted: Tue Dec 4 15:36:01 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20071202/cm_huffpost/074998;_ylt=AmBMHIRvLX38CeHriE5yK_qs0NUE

Is that a fucking joke?

I hope so.

Mesh Posted: Tue Dec 4 15:36:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yes it is.

GOT YOU GOT YOU NANANANA

erikagm Posted: Tue Dec 4 21:48:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20071202/cm_huffpost/074998;_ylt=AmBMHIRvLX38CeHriE5yK_qs0NUE
>
>Is that a fucking joke?
>
>
>I hope so.

I should think the footnote of the article which states "Andy Borowitz is a comedian and writer whose work appears in The New Yorker and The New York Times" would clearly give it away...

erikagm Posted: Tue Dec 4 21:49:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Btw, glad to have you back Darlin'
>:-)

Good to be back and see you all still here hif... :)

erikagm Posted: Tue Dec 4 21:50:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>ooooopssss sorry :)
>I just read "erik" instead of "erika"
>my mistake... and followed my assumptions, forgive me? :)

No prob... I've had it misread several times, especially when I'm referring to my gf... I guess it's just human nature to assume a boy-girl relationship... So people read my nick like "erik agm" instead of "erika gm"

Comes with the territory :)

erikagm Posted: Tue Dec 4 21:58:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Following the change in thread, this is what I'm getting for myself for xmas:

http://www.amazon.com/Pavilion-DV6675US-Entertainment-Notebook-Processor/dp/B000W12VAE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1196823060&sr=8-1

Mind you, it cost ME $1499 because I got it on Black Friday. For all of you non-US folk (like me), it's called black friday because supposedly that is exactly the friday of the year that companies switch from being in the red to being in the black (actually making profit)

I also got

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S5CY38

and

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S5BFGU

and

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MVKRVY

and

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-18302339-skin-para-laptop-mica-lcd-370-disenos-y-personalizados-_JM
(roughly 20 USD)

and I'm also gonna get

http://www.dm-schnauzer.com/camadas.htm

a puppy from the first set of schnauzers on that page (the black and silver ones)
How much? 1400 USD

Hey, a girl's gotta treat herself, right?

addi Posted: Thu Dec 6 09:51:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Since this thread is all over the place....

Reason # 134,085 why I so despise Bush:
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/12/white-house-bus.html

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Dec 6 11:58:13 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Since this thread is all over the place....
>
>Reason # 134,085 why I so despise Bush:
>http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/12/white-house-bus.html
>
Media Very Selective As to When They Choose to Believe the NIE
By Seton Motley
Created 2007-12-05 21:54
Thomas Fingar, the Deputy Director of Analysis for the National Intelligence Estimate (NIE), is the media rock star of the moment.

Why? For the just released NIE assessment he co-authored that proffers with "high confidence" that Iranian nuclear weapon development came to a halt in 2003.

This lands him myriad press plaudits because it affords them yet another opportunity to bash President George W. Bush.

However, those with any sort of political memory recall a July 11, 2007 Congressional appearance by the very same Thomas Fingar. Just these scant four months ago, he gave the House Armed Services Committee a very different "high confidence" perspective on Iran and their efforts to develop the bomb.

Thomas Joscelyn at the Weekly Standard not only remembers, he cites [1].

From the Congressional record:

Iran and North Korea are the states of most concern to us. The United States' concerns about Iran are shared by many nations, including many of Iran's neighbors.

Iran is continuing to pursue uranium enrichment and has shown more interest in protracting negotiations and working to delay and diminish the impact of UNSC sanctions than in reaching an acceptable diplomatic solution.

We assess that Tehran is determined to develop nuclear weapons--despite its international obligations and international pressure. This is a grave concern to the other countries in the region whose security would be threatened should Iran acquire nuclear weapons.

Certainly contradicts his just released account, does it not? The account the media has been unquestioningly citing en masse.

They are more than happy to pummel the President without giving the merest of passing thoughts to the fact that it was this same Fingar, this same NIE, and their previous reports that contributed in large part to the development of Bush's perception of the Iranian nuclear program.

Add to this the Wall Street Journal tidbit [2] that an "intelligence source" deems Fingar and his two co-authors "hyper-partisan anti-Bush officials", and the picture is complete.

Where is the MSM on this? This hardly requires in-depth journalism.

Then again, these are not in-depth journalists.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Dec 6 12:00:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also please note that the MSM is fudging the difference between "suspended" and "dismantled" when referring to Iran's nuclear weapons program.

And Iran continues to enrich uranium.
Does anyone actually believe it's for their air conditioners ?

addi Posted: Thu Dec 6 13:52:38 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Reason # 134,086 why I so despise Bush:

His defenders will never admit to blantant Bush dishonesty, because in their minds the man just never lies to the American public. Instead they will wag their fingers at "the liberal media" and democrats for distorting anything Dubya says...even if they had a video in front of them and heard it come from his lips...for truth has little to do with reality in their eyes.

the lunatics have truely taken over the asylum over the past seven years.

addi Posted: Thu Dec 6 14:04:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Seton Motley is a tool. Yes...I know what his views are and which site he's the director of, and which sites his columns show up in. Just a suggestion...try to find someone that actually is relatively clear headed, articulate, unbiased, and not tainted by the right (or left) when you make these attempts to defend Bush.
If you use that as a criteria you may be hard put to find anything worth posting.

sweet p Posted: Thu Dec 6 15:01:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer can you please give me your email address?
i have like 10 different ones listed for you and i don't think you check any of them anymore.
pleeeease.
you can send it to any of the addresses you may [or may not] have from me.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Dec 6 15:08:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Seton Motley is a tool. Yes...I know what his views are and which site he's the director of, and which sites his columns show up in. Just a suggestion...try to find someone that actually is relatively clear headed, articulate, unbiased, and not tainted by the right (or left) when you make these attempts to defend Bush.
>If you use that as a criteria you may be hard put to find anything worth posting.
>
Yes Seton Motely is a conservative writer and he makes no bones about it, unlike your ABC which is clearly liberal and tries to deny it.
However you merely attacked the messenger and did nothing to refute what he wrote. . . . as usual.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Dec 6 15:12:56 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
Just a suggestion...try to find someone that actually is relatively clear headed, articulate, unbiased, and not tainted by the right (or left) when you make these attempts to defend Bush.
>If you use that as a criteria you may be hard put to find anything worth posting.
>
That's because anyone who displays a proclivity to show both sides of a story and not just the liberal side will be immediately branded a neocon.

It's the liberals that want to silence the opposition not the conservatives.
When was the last time you heard of a liberal speaker being run off the stage by conservatives ?
How about the opposite ? have you ever heard of a conservative speaker that wasn't allowed to speak because of the liberals in the audience ? it happens quite alot. Ask David Horowitz or Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Thu Dec 6 16:45:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  over here its easy
we all hate bush
and the pope
definatly the pope...

Btw, did you guys know that Belgium is already more then 175 days (have no idea how many days exactly) without a new government(very expensive joke btw)
Ahh the fun of political crisises
Gotta love em ...
At least there's something on the news, although it's getting rather bored hearing that the end will not be in sight for a very long time... Duh

Tomorrow I have my last exam of my first module. I'll be glad thats over.
I haven't slept in 2 weeks, that ain't healhty...

If I was an animal I'd want to be a bird, an eagle, fly high up and terrorise small animals, but never hurt em though, just scare 'em a bit, i'd be a nice vegetarian mountaineagle.

Our chicken flew away today, and landed in the backyard of my neighbours garden.
My hero saved it and put it back where it belongs.
I did not help a bit (I stood there, and when the chicken came to me I ran, instead of grabbing it) But I don't believe I'm actually scared of chickens, they are just so scary when they run...

Sweet dreams everybody

FN Posted: Thu Dec 6 17:02:13 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>over here its easy
>we all hate bush
>and the pope
>definatly the pope...

Not everybody.

I don't hate either.

>Btw, did you guys know that Belgium is already more then 175 days (have no idea how many days exactly) without a new government(very expensive joke btw)

179 I believe.

Expensive depends on the way you look at it.

>Ahh the fun of political crisises
>Gotta love em ...

True

Mesh Posted: Thu Dec 6 17:44:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>Wisenheimer can you please give me your email address?
>i have like 10 different ones listed for you and i don't think you check any of them anymore.
>pleeeease.
>you can send it to any of the addresses you may [or may not] have from me.

I couldn't find any. It is Hilbertstwentythirdproblem@Hotmail.com

addi Posted: Thu Dec 6 17:53:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>When was the last time you heard of a liberal speaker being run off the stage by conservatives ?

conservatives wouldn't ever go listen to a known liberal speaker. Liberals are godless heathens and the Devil's helpers.

: )

addi Posted: Thu Dec 6 18:07:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>However you merely attacked the messenger and did nothing to refute what he wrote. . . . as usual.

There's nothing to refute, hif. The guy doesn't give a flyin' fuck about the truth. He only wants to attack the left.

Read the article I posted:

"Despite the fact that Bush was told in August that U.S. intelligence agencies believed Iran's nuclear weapons program had been halted, the Bush administration continued to raise the rhetoric against Iran, calling for a third round of United Nations sanctions.
The President even warned publicly in October about a World War III if Iran didn't cease their weapons program."

"Perino also said McConnell told the President the new information might cause the intelligence community to change its assessment of Iran's covert nuclear program."

That's from HIS staff, hif, not some lefty journalist making crap up.

This isn't isolated. He's been pulling this shit from day one. Yellow cake from Nigeria ring any bells?

The only thing that pisses me off more than Bush's lies and incompetence are his supporters that refuse to admit he's been less than forthright (understatement) on a number of issues.

Kira Posted: Thu Dec 6 19:52:06 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sometimes I hate being happy.

Mesh Posted: Thu Dec 6 20:29:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I only hate being happy when the happiness ends.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Dec 7 07:01:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>However you merely attacked the messenger and did nothing to refute what he wrote. . . . as usual.
>
>There's nothing to refute, hif. The guy doesn't give a flyin' fuck about the truth. He only wants to attack the left.
>
>Read the article I posted:
>
>
>"Despite the fact that Bush was told in August that U.S. intelligence agencies believed Iran's nuclear weapons program had been halted, the Bush administration continued to raise the rhetoric against Iran, calling for a third round of United Nations sanctions.
>The President even warned publicly in October about a World War III if Iran didn't cease their weapons program."
>
>"Perino also said McConnell told the President the new information might cause the intelligence community to change its assessment of Iran's covert nuclear program."
>
>That's from HIS staff, hif, not some lefty journalist making crap up.
>
Really ? cuz Perino wasn't on his staff in August.
In any event, perhaps the reason Bush said that in August was because the congressional record has Fingar stating that Iran was still active in their pursuit of nuclear weapons in July ?

And the yellow cake scenario you refer to is a very good one, since Joe Wilson was branded a liar by a bi-partisan senate committe and the Brits still stand by their intelligence that Saddam did indeed try to buy yellow cake.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Dec 7 08:38:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>When was the last time you heard of a liberal speaker being run off the stage by conservatives ?
>
>conservatives wouldn't ever go listen to a known liberal speaker. Liberals are godless heathens and the Devil's helpers.
>
>: )
>
Don't be ridiculous !
You can't be both godless and a helper of the devil since the devil is a Christian creation.

addi Posted: Fri Dec 7 09:17:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>You can't be both godless and a helper of the devil since the devil is a Christian creation.

sounds like a line from a Waits or Dylan song

: )

DanSRose Posted: Fri Dec 7 10:27:05 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Has anyone seen the Dylan movie, I'm Not There, yet? I am going to see this weekend, a compromise as a double feature with my gf who wants to see Enchanted.

Mesh Posted: Fri Dec 7 16:42:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/12/05/business/labor.php?fark

Well, no kidding.

Mesh Posted: Fri Dec 7 16:43:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>
>>
>>
>Don't be ridiculous !
>You can't be both godless and a helper of the devil since the devil is a Christian creation.
>

Yah huh. Because it was the Devil who deceived them into believing there is no God, setting them on a path of hedonism and sin and the corruption of fine christian youths. Doind his works for him.

Mesh Posted: Fri Dec 7 18:07:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey addi, I just sent you an email. Nothing happened whenever I click send, though...so either it didn't go through at all or you'll be getting about ten emails from me.

Just in case it's the latter, I didn't want you to think that I am drunk or something.

erikagm Posted: Sat Dec 8 13:09:07 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Don't be ridiculous !
>
I beg to differ... There are oodles of religions before christianity which talk about evil entities. They just don't call them "devils" per se, since they were just considered the opposing side to the "good" entities, in a sort of "ying yang - opposing forces of nature" sort of deal.

We've made too much of the devil in these times. It's sad really, considering both God and the devil are just 2 sides of the same coin.

You get what you give.

addi Posted: Sat Dec 8 18:07:46 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>Hey addi, I just sent you an email.
>Just in case it's the latter, I didn't want you to think that I am drunk or something.

I got it, and you should have received my reply. It case you did get it, but didn't understand it, it was because I was drunk.

*sorry for the personal nature of these posts people. Mesh and I are discussing exactly when Christophe's birthday is. No answer as of yet, but we've narrowed it down to december. We want to make sure the hookah we're getting him as a gift arrives on time.

Mesh Posted: Sat Dec 8 18:11:43 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's ok to admit we are discussing the upcoming primaries, Addi. I don't think anyones really going to care that we don't do all of our talking politics on the forum.

addi Posted: Sat Dec 8 18:19:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>It's ok to admit we are discussing the upcoming primaries, Addi. I don't think anyones really going to care that we don't do all of our talking politics on the forum.

well that's just great mesh. Now you've let the puss out of the bag. Smooth move, Johnson!

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Dec 8 18:35:44 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Don't be ridiculous !
>>You can't be both godless and a helper of the devil since the devil is a Christian creation.
>>:-)
>>
>I beg to differ... There are oodles of religions before christianity which talk about evil entities. They just don't call them "devils" per se, since they were just considered the opposing side to the "good" entities, in a sort of "ying yang - opposing forces of nature" sort of deal.
>
>We've made too much of the devil in these times. It's sad really, considering both God and the devil are just 2 sides of the same coin.
>
OK, I must be more specific, Satan is the creation of Christians.

Kira Posted: Sat Dec 8 19:30:24 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LOL I just ran around the house cheering and turning cartwheels. I am such a little child.

What is this about Satan and politics?

Mesh Posted: Sat Dec 8 19:34:47 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Wisenheimer said:
>>It's ok to admit we are discussing the upcoming primaries, Addi. I don't think anyones really going to care that we don't do all of our talking politics on the forum.
>
>well that's just great mesh. Now you've let the puss out of the bag. Smooth move, Johnson!

I solly :(

Kira Posted: Sat Dec 8 20:37:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was just in the user list and we all have numbers now. Did we always have numbers? I'm intrigued.

erikagm Posted: Sun Dec 9 12:11:49 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>LOL I just ran around the house cheering and turning cartwheels. I am such a little child.

Good for you, Kira, we all need that once in a while... :D

>
>What is this about Satan and politics?

We were saying Bush is Satan incarnate... Or was it that all democrats are Satan incarnate, according to Bush?

One or the other... hehehe

erikagm Posted: Sun Dec 9 12:12:22 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>I was just in the user list and we all have numbers now. Did we always have numbers? I'm intrigued.

My God you're right! And noooo, we NEVER had them!!! I'm queasy now :S

erikagm Posted: Sun Dec 9 12:17:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  OMG OMG OMG!!!

I've just checked and addi is user 16666...

And if you notice, we now have 999 users, and if you turn that upside down, it's 666 as well!!!

So this must mean addi is the antichrist (sorry, Christophe) and the end of the world has finally come!!!

And yes, people, I'm joking here... Just clarification for all of those that may have thought that I actually AM a religious nut... sheesh...

addi Posted: Sun Dec 9 12:37:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  erikagm said:

>So this must mean addi is the antichrist

666 would have made me the antichrist

unfortunately 1666 makes me the antipasto

Mesh Posted: Mon Dec 10 05:50:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  God I'm drunk and it's five in the morning and I'm not going to bed anytime soon.

Having no responsibilities is a win for the alcohol industry, and a lose for my liver.

Only live once, damnit.

choke Posted: Thu Dec 13 01:26:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I skipped most of this thread. But why don't you get your gf a cat as well?

Mesh Posted: Thu Dec 13 20:37:32 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just realized I killed myself in May 2006.

Christ, hell really does blow something fierce.

erikagm Posted: Thu Dec 13 23:05:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>I skipped most of this thread. But why don't you get your gf a cat as well?

She despises cats in general. She barely could tolerate mine until she showed her true colors lately

dan632 Posted: Fri Dec 14 02:05:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  after my recent failed attempts at knocking over christmas shopping in one hit i thought that i should just give people money for christmas, but of course there had to be people lined up at the ATM so then i thought i'd mow people's lawn but i realized that's just totally fucked...so now people are getting shoe laces or whatever is left on christmas eve.

the best present i have ever given is one white sock...that way i get to know how much people actually like me...yeah

Mesh Posted: Fri Dec 14 04:50:41 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  best present i ever got someone was goin the growl

addi Posted: Fri Dec 14 06:14:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>best present i ever got someone was goin the growl

sorry if I'm behind the times, but what is that?

Mesh Posted: Fri Dec 14 19:34:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh you know, chompin' the chonch.

Kira Posted: Fri Dec 14 19:53:14 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Three minutes' trivial amusement:

www.howmanyfiveyearoldscouldyoutakeinafight.com

I could take on twenty-one.

erikagm Posted: Fri Dec 14 20:19:29 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  30 5yr olds

Mesh Posted: Fri Dec 14 20:37:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  23. I say bullshit. I could take ninety, easily.

Kira Posted: Sat Dec 15 00:01:23 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Off topic -

Oh, wait...

I made someone's day today by shouting/losing my temper... which, apparently, I never ever do (what?). How this can brighten someone's afternoon is somewhat beyond me but I certainly found it amusing.

libra Posted: Sat Dec 15 00:49:18 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Off topic -
>
>
>
>I made someone's day today by shouting/losing my temper... which, apparently, I never ever do (what?). How this can brighten someone's afternoon is somewhat beyond me but I certainly found it amusing.

i've actually had this happen before as well. Apparently people never see me get all riled up and so they get really surprised if i ever get either really passionate or angry about something.
Its kind of strange.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sat Dec 15 04:11:30 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can only take on 20 ;)

FN Posted: Sat Dec 15 06:37:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  "You could take on 26 five year old kids in a fight."

I agree with mesh though, I'd be able to take more, no doubt about it.

Unless they're tiny zombie asian girls, ovary.

Mesh Posted: Mon Dec 17 23:06:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't believe in happy people.

dan632 Posted: Wed Dec 19 01:17:04 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>I don't believe in happy people.

me too, if i see someone who appears happy i conclude that they're up to something

Kira Posted: Wed Dec 19 11:51:53 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  LOL.

I just hope happy people aren't like fairies, or else you guys just killed two of them. And that's just mean.

Mesh Posted: Wed Dec 19 22:06:31 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  God I hope so.

sweet p Posted: Thu Dec 20 12:42:45 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  anyone heard from jazer recently?

Kira Posted: Thu Dec 20 17:05:21 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I haven't... been thinking about him too, ever since the Trivia thread and realizing I hadn't seen him in so long.

Mesh Posted: Fri Dec 21 05:05:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high tension wires down

Helpless people on a subway train
Scream bug-eyed as he looks in on them

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town

Oh no, they say he's got to go
Go go Godzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Godzilla, yeah

Rinji news o moshiagemasu!
Rinji news o moshiagemasu!
Godzilla ga Ginza hoomen e mukatte imasu!
Daishkyu hinan shite kudasai!
Daishkyu hinan shite kudasai!

Oh no, they say he's got to go
Go go Godzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Godzilla, yeah

History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men
Godzilla!

addi Posted: Fri Dec 21 11:29:13 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And now a word from the Crazy World of Science

http://youtube.com/watch?v=myuceywaOUs&feature=related

*don't try this experiment on your pet scorpion..it just pisses them off.

Kira Posted: Fri Dec 21 17:54:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I went to see the Tran-Siberian Orchestra yesterday. Boy what a show! I sat being alternately blinded and deafened for three hours, it was awesome.

Santa was sitting behind us.

sweet p Posted: Tue Feb 5 00:13:56 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i miss summer and shorts and sipping cold drinks on the patio.

Mesh Posted: Tue Feb 5 00:21:55 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I miss my (no longer my) bestfriend but I can't say so. I made my choice, now I have to live with it.

Oh well, sometimes life just guides people together, and then it guides you apart.

Kira Posted: Tue Feb 5 20:20:11 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  "Oh well," shit!

sweet p Posted: Tue Feb 5 20:48:32 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm a little bit worried.

and hi kira!

Kira Posted: Tue Feb 5 21:41:44 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi, P. :D

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 6 04:48:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You are now breathing manually.

Mesh Posted: Wed Feb 6 04:49:18 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You are now blinking manually.

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 7 05:11:53 2008 Post | Quote in Reply