Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

What you're getting yourself for Xmas
erikagm Posted: Thu Dec 6 19:36:28 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So, after posting what I'd bought myself (or am yet to buy myself) as a Xmas present, I thought that I'd love to hear how you guys are treating yourselves this year.

For those of you that didn't read the other post, this is what I got (will be getting) myself this year:

http://www.amazon.com/Pavilion-DV6675US-Entertainment-Notebook-Processor/dp/B000W12VAE/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1196823060&sr=8-1

Mind you, it cost ME $1499 because I got it on Black Friday. For all of you non-US folk (like me), it's called black friday because supposedly that is exactly the friday of the year that companies switch from being in the red to being in the black (actually making profit)

and
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S5CY38
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S5BFGU
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MVKRVY
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-18302339-skin-para-laptop-mica-lcd-370-disenos-y-personalizados-_JM
(roughly 20 USD)

and I'm also gonna get

http://www.dm-schnauzer.com/camadas.htm

a puppy from the first set of schnauzers on that page (the black and silver ones)
How much? 1400 USD

libra Posted: Thu Dec 6 21:32:33 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nothing at this point.
Although I think I'll be getting some cute rain boots for myself sometime soon.

addi Posted: Thu Dec 6 21:53:38 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  perhaps traditions are different south of the border.
Up here in the wacky north the practice is to give other people gifts at Christmas

: )

Kira Posted: Thu Dec 6 23:20:44 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dwarf iris, Eye of the Tiger, and Glory of the Snow. All on sale for ultra cheap. I'm not going to taint the victory of getting all my shopping done three weeks in advance by spending a bundle on my own fool self. :)

DanSRose Posted: Fri Dec 7 02:10:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My jacket of awesome, that was previously discussed
https://www.nau.com/homepage/index.jsp#/shopnau/men/jackets_vests/shroud_of_purrin_jacket
and a new pair of trail runners. Mine are ... they have been very well loved. But I may get these as a gift.

dan632 Posted: Fri Dec 7 06:37:55 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i got myself some logitech Z-5500 computer speakers...which ooze kickass-ness

FN Posted: Fri Dec 7 14:00:51 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My exams start about a week after newyear (not kidding, it's horrendous)

I'd like to buy myself some spare time

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Dec 7 14:20:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if i had the money i'd get myself a another tattoo...

i'm getting myself.... Puck...

he is multifuntional and doesn't need batteries...

erikagm Posted: Fri Dec 7 19:44:26 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>perhaps traditions are different south of the border.
>Up here in the wacky north the practice is to give other people gifts at Christmas
>
>: )

Traditions are the same, addi, but awkwardly enough, I never get what I REALLY want unless I buy it myself, so I am.

That said, I am getting my mom oodles of stuff, mostly clothes for her chihuahua (which she adores and was a present from my brother and me)

Im getting my aunt and cousin a beautiful pashmina each which I got totally cheap

Im getting my bro... Whatever I can find that he likes. Most probably I'll just buy something for him through the web and have it sent to him after he tells me what he wants, since he is very very picky and I'd rather avoid having to choose blindly

And I'm getting my sister (whom I'm not speaking to because she is a b.tch) a bottle of Kohl eyeliner powder and my old webcam since her laptop doesn't have one.

Mouse Posted: Sat Dec 8 12:03:35 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My biggest present to myself is a six day vacation to Dallas in January. Other than that I'm considering either an emperor scorpion or a cornsnake, though I may talk myself out of it since I have so many critters already.
M.

sweet p Posted: Sat Dec 8 13:46:15 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm making myself a scarf for christmas :)

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Dec 8 18:39:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The wife and I are spending New Years in the Smokies, that's our Christmas present to each other.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Dec 9 15:23:37 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I still have to buy 5 presents
I suck at buying christmas presents

Birthdays I can handle, but this is way to much...

I have to buy presents for the parents and sister of my boyfriend (where I'm spending christmas) --> Scary meeting the whole family, and have no idea what to buy. I'll think I'll just bring whine and get them all drunk.

I still have to find something for my sister, but that won't be that hard

And I definatly need one for my boyfriend, I know he wants something he can use, but really, I have no idea, or at least not one thats in my tiny budget range.

Christmas is a stressy time!

Kira Posted: Sun Dec 9 16:36:16 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I actually do now have to buy one more gift, as I got suckered into the Secret Santa nonsense this year. Phooey.

At least I got out of going to the Christmas party! Heh.

addi Posted: Sun Dec 9 17:32:25 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>And I definatly need one for my boyfriend, I know he wants something he can use, but really, I have no idea, or at least not one thats in my tiny budget range.

Something he can use...that doesn't cost money..Hmmm...

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Dec 10 01:23:39 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mouse said:
>My biggest present to myself is a six day vacation to Dallas in January. Other than that I'm considering either an emperor scorpion or a cornsnake, though I may talk myself out of it since I have so many critters already.
>M.

;p you got yourself 3 tetradon nigroviridis. :P

yay! they are beautiful :)

i am thinking that i'm going to get myself a tattoo. :) I've been wanted a second for for quite awhile now :)

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Dec 10 02:52:17 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>
>Something he can use...that doesn't cost money..Hmmm...
>

well well Addi, what are you insinuating :) I have no idea ;)

addi Posted: Mon Dec 10 06:57:00 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>well well Addi, what are you insinuating :) I have no idea ;)

I'm trying not to make Santa's naughty list this year, so no comment. : )

In past years when I was REALLY tight on $ I would make something myself. One time I made up a "coupon book" and gave that as a gift. It had things like "Redeem this coupon for one free ________" (fill in the blank yourself)

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Dec 10 09:57:10 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>I'm trying not to make Santa's naughty list this year, so no comment. : )
>
>In past years when I was REALLY tight on $ I would make something myself. One time I made up a "coupon book" and gave that as a gift. It had things like "Redeem this coupon for one free ________" (fill in the blank yourself)
>
>

well actually thats a great idea!
But then again, you are full of great ideas ;) Thanks for the tip good sir ;)
And he'll sure be able to use that, so thats a good thing :p

Billy Pilgrim Posted: Mon Dec 10 10:00:52 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  loaded!

addi Posted: Mon Dec 10 12:29:04 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>But then again, you are full of great ideas ;)

You're welcome. I'm told frequently by women that I'm "full of it".

On a side note:
Yesterday..75 degrees
Today 78 degrees and sunny in Altanta

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
...in Australia
: (

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Dec 10 14:47:57 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>addi said:
>>
>>I'm trying not to make Santa's naughty list this year, so no comment. : )
>>
>>In past years when I was REALLY tight on $ I would make something myself. One time I made up a "coupon book" and gave that as a gift. It had things like "Redeem this coupon for one free ________" (fill in the blank yourself)
>>
Hmmm, would this coupon be transferable ?
:-)
>>: )
>>
>
>
>well actually thats a great idea!
>But then again, you are full of great ideas ;) Thanks for the tip good sir ;)
>And he'll sure be able to use that, so thats a good thing :p

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Dec 10 16:50:47 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>On a side note:
>Yesterday..75 degrees
>Today 78 degrees and sunny in Altanta
>
>It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
>...in Australia
>: (

Stop your wining! Over here it only rains, rains and rains a bit more, it storms too sometimes...(autumn forever)
I would be glad with a sunny day, I mean, if we're lucky we'll get snow this year, but probably around march-april, that ain't normal anymore, but whatyougonnadoaboutthat...

I just put up the christmas tree, sang the songs, lit some candles, decorated the stable, played with fake plastic snow, good fun, now I'm tired, sleepy time for me ...

addi Posted: Mon Dec 10 17:17:23 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>Stop your wining! Over here it only rains, rains and rains a bit more, it storms too sometimes...(autumn forever)

Okay..I feel better. Now that I know the weather sucks more for Belgians I'm feeling good.

*Btw..remember if you do the coupon idea gift thingy that the person you give it to will actually expect you to honor what's in it...so put in things you won't mind doing, cuz someday out of the blue when you've completely forgotten about that gift the givee will slap a "This Coupon is good for a one hour foot massage", in your face and you'll have to do it..which can suck..unless you have a thing for feet.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Dec 11 11:07:23 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Feet intrigue me
Really

I'll just put in other stuff :)

Mesh Posted: Tue Dec 11 17:42:09 2007 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm getting myself the same thing I'm getting other people.

Nothing.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]