Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Do you ever get that feeling?
everyday_daisy Posted: Tue Jan 8 02:10:35 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That everything you're doing is fake and that you're just a copy of everyone else who doesn't think they're fake and you don't now who you are and where you're going but you do know you're alive and you want to be alone and away from friends/boyfriend/family for awhile? You're even starting to hate the idea of Internet.

Posted: Tue Jan 8 02:42:04 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think that was the protagonist's epiphany in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakfast_of_Champions

well, minus the internet part, of course.

FN Posted: Tue Jan 8 08:04:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know the feeling.

Objectively suicide is the easiest option and no less worthy or more absurd than anything else, but at the same time, for me at least, I'd rather have a look at what's in store next for the moment ;o)

FN Posted: Tue Jan 8 08:05:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also, exams suck ass.

My urge at the moment is to go walk through town buttnaked, but I'm behind my computer/books. Guess I'm a faker too. Oh noes!

erikagm Posted: Wed Jan 9 00:24:28 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lately I do know who I am. I accept that I may be a copy of other people trying not to be fakes, but not an exact copy (which is why they say all of us are different. We are, if just slightly). So I don't really feel like a fake. At least not fake to myself.

Internet... I've been fed up on it for a while, but not because I feel fake or want to be alone, but because I found that most people on the internet are. Strange, isn't it?

And I -do- want to be alone... But not because I feel depressed or because the rest of the world if fake or because I want to try to "find myself", but because I've rather found that I like my own company and it's rather peaceful when I am alone.

There is a saying here in Mexico that in English goes something like "It is better to be alone than in bad company"... And I agree.

Zacq Posted: Wed Jan 9 00:29:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know the feeling.

Objectively suicide is the easiest option and no less worthy or more absurd than anything else, but at the same time, for me at least, I'd rather have a look at what's in store next for the moment ;o)

everyday_daisy Posted: Wed Jan 9 03:09:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So it's suicide then huh? :P

Haha Cristophe, incidentally - I've just re-read that book a couple of days ago. I love Vonnegut!

mat_j Posted: Wed Jan 9 12:11:24 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's like that Twilight zone episode with the librarian who hates people in the bank vault and when he leaves it the world has been destroyed leaving only buildings etc, he goes to the library to get books but woe of woes his glasses fall off his face and smash.

Well kinda anyway

FN Posted: Wed Jan 9 12:34:53 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, when I get that feeling, I want secual healing.

And on a totally unrelated note:

http://brainlessworld.wordpress.com/2007/12/26/dont-get-mad-theres-always-another-way-get-even/1061/

FN Posted: Wed Jan 9 12:35:54 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  God fucking damn it all to hell

I hate it when I fuck up the pointe

"Well, when I get that feeling, I want sexual healing."

addi Posted: Wed Jan 9 14:59:33 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>God fucking damn it all to hell
>
>I hate it when I fuck up the pointe

lol!

I know that feeling : )

Hi zacq...my god it's been a long time away for you. Nice to see you around again.

Posted: Wed Jan 9 23:52:51 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  everyday_daisy said:
>So it's suicide then huh? :P
>
>
>Haha Cristophe, incidentally - I've just re-read that book a couple of days ago. I love Vonnegut!

:(

I am not Christophe. I am not even Christophesque.

mat_j Posted: Thu Jan 10 02:35:06 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love Vonnegut; Manic St Preachers lead me hear but talk of Vonnegut made me stay.

I remember reading nineteeneightyfour and thinking there's no hope, then reading Slaughterhouse 5 and thinking actually there is hope and it's hilarious.

libra Posted: Thu Jan 10 11:05:44 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yah. I read when that happens. OR, actually, a lot of times reading a lot makes me want to be away from everything.

Zacq Posted: Thu Jan 10 11:28:06 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>I remember reading nineteeneightyfour and thinking there's no hope, then reading Slaughterhouse 5 and thinking actually there is hope and it's hilarious.

The first time I read Slaughterhouse Five, I think I thought there was no hope but that it was hilarious..

When I get the first half of the described feeling, I actually seek out my closest friends, because I like myself the best when I'm around them.

Zacq Posted: Thu Jan 10 13:15:46 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>Hi zacq...my god it's been a long time away for you. Nice to see you around again.

I've been gone?

Must've been asleep longer than I thought.

everyday_daisy Posted: Fri Jan 11 11:03:21 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh shit, no! I didn't mean Christophe! My brain confused the Cs but I meant Crim! :(

addi Posted: Fri Jan 11 11:11:52 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:

>I am not Christophe. I am not even Christophesque.

you could be if you wanted to.

FN Posted: Fri Jan 11 13:53:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>CriminalSaint said:
>
>>I am not Christophe. I am not even Christophesque.
>
>you could be if you wanted to.

Ha!

Nah, I like crim, he can drop my name whenever he wants to.

antartica Posted: Mon Jan 14 03:13:25 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i know what you mean... i get that feeling all the time like it's all not meant to happen or something
and that some one's gonna wake up and purge all of us outta his bad dream...

mat_j Posted: Wed Jan 16 05:36:33 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zacq said:
>mat_j said:
>
>>I remember reading nineteeneightyfour and thinking there's no hope, then reading Slaughterhouse 5 and thinking actually there is hope and it's hilarious.
>
>The first time I read Slaughterhouse Five, I think I thought there was no hope but that it was hilarious..
>
>
>When I get the first half of the described feeling, I actually seek out my closest friends, because I like myself the best when I'm around them.

I just remember it was all beautiful and nothing hurt

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]