Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Valentines Day
Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 7 11:30:30 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Will you be my valentine circle one

y/n

But seriously. Screw Valentines day. Worst."Holiday". Ever.

I, personally, will be going to a bar and shooting pool with likeminded individuals.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 7 13:10:26 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>Will you be my valentine circle one
>
>y/n

maybe..if you open the car door for me.

>I, personally, will be going to a bar and shooting blanks with likeminded individuals.

I admire your candidness, meshie. It takes a man to admit that.

As usual I will be expecting a lot of valentine's gifts from others, but won't be giving out anything myself.

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 7 13:36:47 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Shooting blanks, indeed Sir. Shooting blanks indeed.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Feb 7 14:07:32 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What are you talking about?

It's a super beautiful holiday. Yeaaaa.....

;)

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Thu Feb 7 15:33:35 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Valentines day isn't important to me, although it's the first one with a boyfriend :)

we both agree there are lots of other ways to show your lover how you feel, and don't need this holiday or presents to show it
It way to comercial for me ...

But I'll never forget that a boy once gave me a little flower right of the tree once on a valentines day at school, I think I was 15 years old or something like that, made my day :)

sweet p Posted: Thu Feb 7 22:53:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  bah humbug

dan632 Posted: Fri Feb 8 01:58:13 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  personally i think if anyone holds back and waits for feb 14 to show 'that special someone' how they feel, they need to act like they got a pair haha

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Feb 8 05:08:17 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'll give a small bunch of wildflowers to puckster and cook him an awesome dinner... - so pretty much our usual once a week deal. 3 years in May w00t.

i'm a little on the fence about valentine's day. sometimes it sucks ass and sometimes its just a little extra reminder of the bond between us.

Last year we slept in, took a walk in the park, ate ramen for lunch, and had a simple dinner, then snuggled by the fire.

i believe valentine's day should be spent in this way. just happy to be in each other's company.

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 8 05:23:13 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  believe valentine's day should be spent in this way. just happy to be in each other's company.

Yes, indeed.

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 8 05:28:18 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *sigh*

Oh how I still long to spend many days with Her like that.

Too bad she such a dumb bitch.

That I love and miss so much :( But alas, just like my former best friend, I had to just end it and cut ties. I simply cannot take her back, no matter how I want to.

I will be extra bitter this Valentines day. I'm bitter about it anyways.

mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 8 07:57:46 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've pointed out to Missus Mat_j that there will be no Valentines celebration, I will get a card and maybe some flowers but that's it.

I am such a romantic eh?

addi Posted: Fri Feb 8 08:00:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:

>I will be extra bitter this Valentines day. I'm bitter about it anyways.
Meshiemesh. you need to start a new holiday tradition. On february 15th we can have a holiday called "Anti-Valentine's Day". It can be a day to send ex-lovers nasty things in the mail...like a dead woodchuck or something, and let them know how much they've fucked up your life and such. Instead of going out somewhere special and romantic people can celebrate the day in a fetal position in a dark corner of their bedroom alternating between sobbing and cussing out all their past lovers that have scarred them for life.

That would be special.

FN Posted: Fri Feb 8 08:01:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>I've pointed out to Missus Mat_j that there will be no Valentines celebration, I will get a card and maybe some flowers but that's it.
>
>I am such a romantic eh?

It's a trap, if they say they don't want anything it means they want a gift package of at least a month's wage

mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 8 08:49:33 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>mat_j said:
>>I've pointed out to Missus Mat_j that there will be no Valentines celebration, I will get a card and maybe some flowers but that's it.
>>
>>I am such a romantic eh?
>
>
>It's a trap, if they say they don't want anything it means they want a gift package of at least a month's wage

Oh she wants things i've just informed her i am refusing to do it, I my mind you should randomly surprise the person at many points throughout the year not one stupid day.

beetlebum Posted: Fri Feb 8 17:58:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>mat_j said:
>>I've pointed out to Missus Mat_j that there will be no Valentines celebration, I will get a card and maybe some flowers but that's it.
>>
>>I am such a romantic eh?
>
>
>It's a trap, if they say they don't want anything it means they want a gift package of at least a month's wage

haha, too right.

but seriously, i see what mat_j is saying about randomly surprising people, and if you are the sort who does surprise their sweetie now and again with something special and goes out of the way to spoil him/her, then i could see where valentine's day would just seem pointless, because you do the sort of stuff expected on valentine's day throughout the year anyway.

but here's where i get confused... most people who do that sort of stuff on a regular basis just see valentine's day as a great excuse to spoil the one they love so it's not at all bothersome.

it {seems} that it's only the people who don't buy their sweetie gifts every now and again and who don't go out of their way to write little love notes or emails who find valentine's day to be such a nuisance.

i've only known one or the other. mat_j, prove me wrong. :) (okay but seriously if someone gives me crap about how it's just a commercialized holiday well then that's just having the wrong spirit about it and ignoring the opportunity to show their amore, i think. SO THERE.)

sweet p Posted: Fri Feb 8 18:08:49 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  valentine's day is similar to new year's eve, in my head.
i'm not opposed to celebrating those days and don't consider them nuisances, but i've just never been that excited about either day. well, not in a long time..
when i was really young, i loved valentine's only because i would make a present for every single person in the class - even the stinky boy and the mean girl and i would feel happy about "loving" everyone.
same goes for new year's. my parents would let me stay out longer than normal and i'd get to call or see all the people i cared about most to wish them good things.

but these days, everyone i love already knows so, and i can stay out as late as i want.

i think i said in a previous thread - i will likely have a nice dinner and consume obscene amounts of chocolate next to the one[s] i love, but i do that often!

addi Posted: Fri Feb 8 19:37:56 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>valentine's day is similar to new year's eve, in my head.
>i'm not opposed to celebrating those days and don't consider them nuisances, but i've just never been that excited about either day. well, not in a long time..

I feel the same way now, especially about new years. I haven't gotten excited about valentine's day for a long long time.
If you don't get any chocolate let us know. I'll send you some. If you get a lot of chocolate send me some.
damn I need to stay away from GT when I've had margaritas. : (

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 8 20:27:41 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm one who goes out of my way to take care of my sweetheart(if I have one) and spoil her and treat her like she should be, so I just hate that it's thrown in my face that "Hey, it's VD so go buy your gal some stuff and massage her feet!" when I do that all the time anyways. I think what bugs me is all the people, girls and guys alike, who DON'T do that throughout the year, but then oh my, it is VD, let's play nice tonight!

It's like "Hey, it's your birthday! So be glad you're alive today!". Or something.

Oh, and it's just a commercialized holiday :p

Also, all of my non-work clothes are smelly because I haven't washed. So tonight, for a goddamn relaxing night, I am going to be going out in fancy business attire and looking all pretentious. I will be looking out of place at the country honky tonk tonight. Oh well, won't be the first time I've gone in their like that. And my friends sure as hell don't care. Not that that has anything to do with valentines, but since when do I stay on topic? Since when do I even make sense? I don't come here to make sense. I come here to be goofy.

Mesh Posted: Fri Feb 8 20:29:48 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  there*

Out of many grammatical errors, this is the one I choose fix.

deep Posted: Sun Feb 10 22:00:41 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  no

addi Posted: Mon Feb 11 07:40:29 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  deep said:
>no

no to Valentine's Day in general, or no to being meshie's valentine? (careful how you answer that..he's very sensitive)

see your first post was way back in '04, deep. Welcome back.
So what's the "deep" stand for?
deep water?
deep shit?
deep thinker?

mat_j Posted: Mon Feb 11 07:58:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:

>i've only known one or the other. mat_j, prove me wrong. :) (okay but seriously if someone gives me crap about how it's just a commercialized holiday well then that's just having the wrong spirit about it and ignoring the opportunity to show their amore, i think. SO THERE.)
>
>

I do, i do i promise, i cook for her every night more or less and i always send nice e-mails and texts and occaisonally where thematically allowed notes. I like getting her little gifts.

I just hate Valentines day because it's stupid faff when everyone's still broke from Christmas.

Sweet P- BTW you are the nicest person in the world!!

Addi- You are a such a poindexter.

Mesh Posted: Mon Feb 11 09:32:56 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's going to be deep shit if it's a no to being my valentine.

addi Posted: Mon Feb 11 10:18:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>Addi- You are a such a poindexter.

had to look that one up.
Wikipedia: As a reference to the Felix the Cat character, the term "Poindexter" is now applied to people who are overly nerdy, geeky, or bookish.

I know you didn't mean that. So then, remembering your nationality, I thought to look up Welsh slang meanings and found this:
Terry Waite (Poindexter) n. someone who doesn't get out very much.

So I figure that's what you meant.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 14 06:32:20 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Happy Valentine's Day...ya'll. Even if it's a "Bah Humbug" day for you, or you don't have a special someone, or you do have a special someone but wished you didn't.
Us Saggitarians are just naturally romantic : )

beetlebum Posted: Thu Feb 14 12:51:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  happy valentine's day!

and thanks for answering my question regarding the valentine's celebration, p, addi, mat_j, and mesh. you all sound like you have good hearts despite your lack of enthusiasm for february 14th. (but i knew that to be the truth, anyway.)

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Feb 14 21:20:44 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My wonderful wife and I had our valentine dinner at this awesome restaurant.

http://www.bourbonsbistro.com/about.html

Hey meshie, if you click on the events calendar at this place you will notice they have an event scheduled for Pappy VanWinkle. Something you might like ?

mat_j Posted: Fri Feb 15 08:36:27 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>mat_j said:
>
>>Addi- You are a such a poindexter.
>
>had to look that one up.
>Wikipedia: As a reference to the Felix the Cat character, the term "Poindexter" is now applied to people who are overly nerdy, geeky, or bookish.
>
>I know you didn't mean that. So then, remembering your nationality, I thought to look up Welsh slang meanings and found this:
>Terry Waite (Poindexter) n. someone who doesn't get out very much.
>
>So I figure that's what you meant.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Terry Waite, He was so kidnapped!

addi Posted: Fri Feb 15 11:01:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>
>Terry Waite, He was so kidnapped!

: )

Alrighty then, peoples. It's the day after Valentines. C'mon...stories of your evenings activities..in intimite detail please.

Yes...I'm reduced to living vicariously through other people's exciting lives now. Yes...it's pathetic.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]