Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Good story
ifihadahif Posted: Thu Feb 14 12:36:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This is one the liberal media pretty much ignored.

Back in September of 2005, on the first day of school, Martha Cothren, a social studies school teacher at Robinson High School in Little Rock , did something not to be forgotten. On the first day of school, with the permission of the school superintendent, the principal and the building supervisor, she removed all of the desks out of her classroom. When the first period kids entered the room they discovered that there were no desks.

Looking around, confused, they asked, "Ms. Cothren, where're our desks?"

She replied, "You can't have a desk until you tell me what you have done to earn the right to sit at a desk."

They thought, "Well, maybe it's our grades."

"No," she said.

"Maybe it's our behavior? She told them, "No, it's not even your behavior".

And so, they came and went, the first period, second period, third period.

Still no desks in the classroom. By early afternoon television news crews had started gathering in Ms. Cothren's classroom to report about this crazy teacher
who had taken all the desks out of her room.

The final period of the day came an as the puzzled students found seats on the floor of the deskless classroom, Martha Cothren said, "Throughout the day no one has been able to tell me just what he/she has done to earn the right to sit at the desks that are ordinarily found in this classroom. Now I am going to tell you."

At this point, Martha Cothren went over to the door of her classroom and opened it. Twenty-seven (27) U.S.Veterans, all in uniforms, walked into that classroom, each one carrying a school desk.

The Vets began placing the school desks in rows, and then they would walk over and stand alongside the wall.

By the time the last soldier had set the final desk in place those kids started to undestand, perhaps for the first time in their lives, just how the right to sit at those desks had been earned.

Martha said, "You didn't earn the right to sit at these desks. These heroes did it for you. They placed the desks here for you. Now, it's up to you to sit in them. It is your responsibility to learn, to be good students, to be good citizens. They paid the price so that you could have the freedom to get an education. Don't ever forget it."

This is a true story....

verified on snopes http://www.snopes.com/glurge/nodesks.asp

addi Posted: Thu Feb 14 15:04:44 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>This is one the liberal media pretty much ignored.

well of course the liberal media ignored it. they hate soldiers.

the story would have been just as meaningful without any mention of political ideology

*and I hope those children felt like shit after that little life lesson, and after the school day ended all rushed to the nearest army recruiting center to enlist, so they'd be "worthy" of sitting with a desk..oh wait, nevermind. They're too young to go kill other people.
; )

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Feb 14 15:46:43 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>This is one the liberal media pretty much ignored.
>
>well of course the liberal media ignored it. they hate soldiers.
>
Actually they don't hate the soldiers, they just hate positive stories about them. That's why they love the sound bites from Kerry and Murtha, but ignore a story like this.

mat_j Posted: Mon Feb 18 03:38:46 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hate soldiers.

addi Posted: Mon Feb 18 06:37:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>I hate soldiers.
lol!

(we're going to invade Wales..we need the beer)

mat_j Posted: Wed Feb 20 07:55:16 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>mat_j said:
>>I hate soldiers.
>lol!
>
>(we're going to invade Wales..we need the beer)

Please invade Wales, we could do with some new stuff.

Just no soldiers, it's like my Great great grand uncle General Matthew J Cornwallis said at the Crimea

"I'll die before i surrender to a soldier Jack, somebody find me some seamen!"

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]