Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

cheesecake could correct
Ahriman Posted: Sat Mar 15 01:44:13 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've been looking at all the "cheesecake factory recipes" online and just snickering. The thing about it is, not a single one is right. The actual recipes are so freaking complex. It would take a real chef to figure them out. Honestly. It takes so much time and effort to put together any of their stuff. Unfortunately, I can't say how any of it's done but believe me, it's a bitch. How's every one been doing? Any new restaurants or dishes tried?

Ahriman Posted: Sat Mar 15 01:45:07 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just noticed a bunch of mistakes, but I'm too tired to care.

everyday_daisy Posted: Sat Mar 15 05:53:27 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Banapple = cute little restaurant near my place (that oddly is hard to get to as it is next to one of the main busy streets)

They sell the best cakes and pies!!!!!!!

FN Posted: Sat Mar 15 07:29:04 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've always thought it's very weird to name something "cheesecake factory"

everyday_daisy Posted: Sat Mar 15 07:52:50 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah but isn't Banapple genius?

You'll never guess what their "star" ingredients are.

Christophe said:
>I've always thought it's very weird to name something "cheesecake factory"

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Mar 15 08:15:46 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Antipasto wontons - wonton wraps stuffed with provolone and proscuitto, basil, oregano, and thyme, then deep fried.
Kind of like a little italian eggroll.
Yummy dipped in good marinara.

addi Posted: Sat Mar 15 12:52:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I ate at A Sleezecake Factory once. Looooong damn wait to be seated with nothing to write home about food and service, and not cheap on top of that. Haven't been back since. Much ado about nothing in my humble opinion.

beetlebum Posted: Sat Mar 15 15:29:29 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the last time i was there, the food was pretty disappointing. but i've had a lot of good things there before.

last week i went to a thai tearoom with friends; that was fun. i love my pad thai. lately i've been doing much of my own cooking-- trying to get better. i have a few favourite cookbooks that always turn up good recipes. the kitchen diaries by nigel slater is a phenomenal book-- fabulous seasonal food, simple recipes, everything from scratch (but so easy!). the book is beautiful, too. i also love breakfast, lunch, tea at rose bakery (published by phaidon press). the photographs are mind-bogglingly beautiful and the cooking philosophy in the book makes me so happy. (keep it seasonal, keep it simple.)

if i could know how to make one thing from cheesecake factory, it would be there avocado sauce AND their corncakes (i forget the proper name) appetizer. SO GOOD and pretty bad for you i'm sure.

this weekend i'm pretty ill with whatever this horrible cold is that is going around. i'm sitting on the couch watching thomas crown affair feeling pretty rubbish, clutching a box of kleenex, and wishing my fever would break. come to think of it, i might pick up kitchen diaries and pick out some new recipes for when i feel better.

i hope everyone is having a great weekend!

addi Posted: Sun Mar 16 07:03:08 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Those colds really suck. Hope you feel better soon, Bbum. I was watching The Thomas Crown Affair last night too, so we were watching the same movie together, which is pretty exciting if you think about it : )

Right when the movie gets really interesting the wife got antsie and insisted we go out and do something. So I reluctantly agreed and we went to the local bar/pool place, but it was closed. So we drive around and stopped at 3 other dive bars, but didn't feel comfortable going in. Finally we see a place we've never been to called the Great Watering Hole and decide this is the place. Inside they have a bar and two pool tables and on the other side a stage for live music. When I wonder over to the music room I'm stopped by a very friendly young woman who informs me the cover is $5 if I want to go in there. She can sense I'm a newbie so she politely tells me this is a gay and lesbian bar. I told her I'm straight and asked if it was still okay for me to be here (tongue in cheek), but she takes me serious and replies, "Oh yes. We don't discriminate against anyone in here." Then she tell me that the drag queen show will start soon, and I'm thinking to myself, "Oh goodie!"

So I leave that side and head over to the bar, get two drinks and set up the balls for some pool. Shortly after we get started a couple comes over to the other table right next to us, and I see a short thin bald male in his 40's or 50's with his woman about 6'4" dressed in a fredricks of hollywood micro-mini dress that's held together by a few straps on the sides with bare skin showing down the length of it. Something seems a bit fishy, so without being too obvious I gather a look closer look at this tall woman and it hits me she's a guy, with a wig and makeup and shear nylons on and this tiny piece of material barely covering his goodies. I'm a liberal open minded guy, but the whole thing was just getting to me. Every time I looked over there this man/woman would try to catch my eye and act all sultry. One time I needed to make a shot from the side but she was in the way. Finally she notices and says "I'm sorry" and moves. I try to act all cool and tell her. "No problem. I just didn't want to poke you with my que stick". Wrong thing to say. She responds,"Oh guys poke me all the time with their sticks". Sigh. I make a forced uncomfortable laugh and turn my attention back to the game. My pool shooting takes a turn for the worse after that, and I end up scratching off the 8 ball. So I inform the wife to chug the rest of her drink and let's go, much to the dismay of the couple next to us. "You're leaving so soon?" All I can come up with that sounds plausible is, "Yeah...I'm old. Gotta go home and get to bed."
Once in bed the wife is sending me those "let's get frisky" signs. I'm reading The New Yorker and doing my best to get the vision of this man/woman out of my mind. The last thing I'm interested in is sex so I inform the wife I have a headache, turn away and flip off my light.

Should have just stayed home and watched the rest of The Thomas Crown Affair. : (

Kira Posted: Sun Mar 16 22:22:10 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just had an attack of nostalgia looking through my email. I found my 'welcome to the forum' confirmation note from when I first signed up here almost six years ago. I wouldn't have thought I still had it.

FN Posted: Mon Mar 17 03:51:09 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>I just had an attack of nostalgia looking through my email. I found my 'welcome to the forum' confirmation note from when I first signed up here almost six years ago. I wouldn't have thought I still had it.

I dare you to look under your bed, you dirty dirty girl!

Kira Posted: Mon Mar 17 19:42:23 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>
>I dare you to look under your bed, you dirty dirty girl!

Oh, no, I don't want to spoil Hif's fun.

Ahriman Posted: Tue Mar 18 02:22:46 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So I'm applying for a buttload of chef jobs in Alaska. strictly seasonal. Anyone ever been?

everyday_daisy Posted: Tue Mar 18 03:00:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No - what kind of cuisine do you specialize in Ahriman?

Mesh Posted: Tue Mar 18 03:28:49 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You know, I've never been to a Cheesecake Factory.

I've been to a Spaghetti Warehouse, though.

FN Posted: Tue Mar 18 05:09:12 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>seasonal. Anyone ever been?

I've been in season for about 2 decades

mat_j Posted: Tue Mar 18 08:23:16 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Addi that story made me laugh my balls off... which i guess is a bummer as i really needed those balls but eh, it was funny.

I went to a great gay n Les rock and indie night in the 'diff the other night called Hells Bent. Best night out i've had in ages, straight people are sooo uptight, dancing around looking out of the corner of their beady little eyes territorially guarding their bit of floor.

In the LGB night-

-The music was great
-Everybody was having a good time and nobody was glum
-Hot chicks were making out
-I got hit on (By a guy, but eh, it's good for my confidence)
-My friend managed to swipe a bottle of Southern Comfort and a bottle of Malibu from the upstairs bar somehow (she was ejected from the premises but it was funny all the same)
-The smoking area (the pavement outside) was really mingly and everybody was talking to each other and not just standing in their cliques smoking)
-Hot chicks were making out
-I saw an old crush i haven't seen in years (I believe i poured my heart out to Addi about this one on MSN before)
-Someone came and sorted out the collar of my shirt when it got rumpled(that NEVER happens anywhere else and you end up looking weird until you notice it in the toilet mirror)
-And finally I saw more people i know there than in any other night i've been to in cardiff town (discluding birthday parties and film things)

Billy Pilgrim Posted: Tue Mar 18 09:08:51 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!

Nah you know i love you yer poxy welsh sunt.

libra Posted: Tue Mar 18 11:03:14 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>
>-Someone came and sorted out the collar of my shirt when it got rumpled(that NEVER happens anywhere else and you end up looking weird until you notice it in the toilet mirror)

>

That's so cute!!

I've always felt more comfortable in gay/lesbian bars/clubs than straight clubs.
I hate that moment when you're dancing with your friends, just having fun together and you go "wait a second, there's a crotch against my ass....and I have no idea who it is!" Gross.

mat_j Posted: Tue Mar 18 11:49:27 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yknow i've had male crotches press into me on several occaisons all in (very) straight bars....

conclusion

striaght bars are gayer than gay bars.

addi Posted: Tue Mar 18 13:52:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Addi that story made me laugh my balls off

: )

I know it makes me come off as homophobic and I'm not that way really. Many of you know my younger brother is "married" to another guy and they now have adopted 2 kids. I love him and don't even think about it anymore around him.
I think it was the man parading around as a woman wearing barely nothing that got to me...that and the "come hither" looks I was getting from him/her. It just made me kinda queezy inside.

Years ago my group of friends included a number of theatre people and several of the guys were gay. At parties they'd purposely try to get a rise out of me by flirting and joking around. Most of the time it made me laugh and I understood they were just messing around. I'm not as uptight as I come across about gay men at all. I just don't like the thought of having sex with them. In fact the thought of two women together doesn't do anything for me anymore either.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Mar 18 14:38:29 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In fact the thought of two women together doesn't do anything for me anymore either.
>
I'm thinking it has more to do with your age than any enlightenment or wisdom you may possess.
:-)

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Mar 18 14:39:13 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
> In fact the thought of two women together doesn't do anything for me anymore either.
>>
>I'm thinking it has more to do with your age than any enlightenment or wisdom you may possess.
>:-)
>
What about a couple of sheep wearing nothing but a smile, does that do anything for you ?

addi Posted: Tue Mar 18 18:13:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>I'm thinking it has more to do with your age than any enlightenment or wisdom you may possess.
>:-)

I never claimed it had a thing to do with enlightenment or wisdom actually. You're right...if I was 20 years younger I never would have said that about 2 women together. It was one of my favorite fantasies back in the day.
: )

addi Posted: Tue Mar 18 18:14:54 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>What about a couple of sheep wearing nothing but a smile, does that do anything for you ?

Hmmm...are they wearing thigh highs?

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Mar 18 19:51:49 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>What about a couple of sheep wearing nothing but a smile, does that do anything for you ?
>
>Hmmm...are they wearing thigh highs?
>
Uh huh, the really sexy kind with the line that goes up the back . . . .

mat_j Posted: Wed Mar 19 08:29:47 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :Enter Mat_j via a door.

I'll have to stop you there lads... no reason i'll just have to stop you.

Thanks

Ahriman Posted: Thu Mar 20 04:44:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  everyday_daisy said:
>No - what kind of cuisine do you specialize in Ahriman?

Nothing specific as of yet. I'm American which means I have cooked in almost every style imaginable. My hat is definitely off to the French though. Damn fine recipes.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]