Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Tattoos and the Corporate World
everyday_daisy Posted: Thu Apr 3 21:31:14 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What do you guys think? And is it really true about body-checks etc.?

Posted: Thu Apr 3 22:48:07 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I design for a living. I think they'd only be mad if I had shitty tattoos.

As it stands, I have four. They're strategically placed, though - nobody sees them unless I want them to.

Never heard of a body check!

choke Posted: Thu Apr 3 23:49:54 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Are they allowed to do body checks? If customers can't see them what does it matter if you have them elsewhere? Weird. I have 2. Also, strategically placed.

And on other people... I don't mind them in the workplace. Like crim said (or kindof said) it depends on the place, how they are serving you etc. Like design or whatever. Anything tasteful, meangingful, or not over the top, I don't mind.

But I especially hate gang tattoos and they are everywhere here and I refuse to take anyone seriously who has one. I will react accordingly if I see one in a workplace, say by not trusting them until they can prove themselves to be more than what's on their skin.

FN Posted: Fri Apr 4 04:03:01 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  haha body-checks, classic

That's just some perv at the store, child!

Honestly, a store or whatever can't put you through body checks (unless you'd willingly for some reason let them), that's absurd.

Having said that, I would be less likely to hire people with tattoo's in a corporate enviroment. It's all good in the poofty world of design and fashion but... ;o)

addi Posted: Fri Apr 4 07:20:48 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  they can't legally do body checks in the corporate world here if it's based on searching for a tattoo. I don't know the legal rights where you live though, daisy.
I don't have any on me. Life brings on enough pain as it is without purposefully allowing some stranger to stick you with needles, so I don't plan on ever getting any either. Maybe if I was still in my teens or 20's I'd have a different outlook about it.
I will say though that if I was confronted by a hot looking female tattoo body check person asking me if I had any tattoos that weren't visible I'd probably lie and tell her I have one on my johnson.

When you get to be my age you get it anyway you can : )

choke Posted: Fri Apr 4 07:29:23 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh golly.

But besides that last remark I'm glad I'm not the only one on GT anymore.

As I have been, all day.

addi Posted: Fri Apr 4 07:34:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>As I have been, all day.

I'm here for ya, tiff...physically anyway. I don't know about mentally yet.
Do you need me to check my body toos on you?

choke Posted: Fri Apr 4 07:37:25 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>As I have been, all day.
>
>I'm here for ya, tiff...physically anyway. I don't know about mentally yet.
>Do you need me to check my body toos on you?

No thankyou I think I have that one covered :D thank goodness! You have no idea how it's been! I've been reading old threads all day but not commenting on them because I didn't want anyone to know I was reading them because that would imply I had spent all day here.

choke Posted: Fri Apr 4 08:05:16 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Was I too eager? :P

addi Posted: Fri Apr 4 08:05:23 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>I've been reading old threads all day but not commenting on them because I didn't want anyone to know I was reading them because that would imply I had spent all day here.

It's a good thing you had the self-discipline not to post on those old threads...cuz if you had our respect for you would have gone done a lot.

choke Posted: Fri Apr 4 08:10:52 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>It's a good thing you had the self-discipline not to post on those old threads...cuz if you had our respect for you would have gone done a lot.

I know. I'm glad I didn't. And that I didn't pounce on whoever logged in first like a starved orphan.

addi Posted: Fri Apr 4 08:14:35 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>I know. I'm glad I didn't. And that I didn't pounce on whoever logged in first like a starved orphan.

: )
if you ever need someone to pounce on I'm here for ya.

well, for the next 5 minutes anyway before I start to actually do my work instead of messing around

choke Posted: Fri Apr 4 08:17:11 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>: )
>if you ever need someone to pounce on I'm here for ya.
>
>well, for the next 5 minutes anyway before I start to actually do my work instead of messing around

Hah! Well 5min is fine because according to murphy's law, now that you're here I am nearly asleep. So have you only just gotten to work? And is it Friday or Saturday?

addi Posted: Fri Apr 4 08:30:24 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  it's early friday morn here (yea for fridays!). I've been to work for an hour already...I'm an early riser, but I haven't done much constructive work today. I figured it was more important to attend to your needs : ) But now that I'm putting you to sleep (I get that a lot from females) I'll let you drift off to dreamland, and I'll start earning my paycheck.
hugs

choke Posted: Fri Apr 4 08:33:51 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>it's early friday morn here (yea for fridays!). I've been to work for an hour already...I'm an early riser, but I haven't done much constructive work today. I figured it was more important to attend to your needs : ) But now that I'm putting you to sleep (I get that a lot from females) I'll let you drift off to dreamland, and I'll start earning my paycheck.
>hugs

Haha thanks addi, I can go to bed fulfilled :) It's Saturday already here (nya :P) but yes I had definately better be off. Nice to see you! Goodnight! Thankyou for being around! *glares at all other GTers*

choke Posted: Fri Apr 4 08:36:49 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
*glares at all other GTers*

But not really! I couldn't leave on that note, it felt harsh.

To all a good night!

(/day.)

DanSRose Posted: Fri Apr 4 09:26:49 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Today at Lowes, I saw a guy with the worst tattoo ever: a tribal garbage tattoo on his forehead. It was mostly disgusting, with sense of wonderment of "What does _he_ do for a living"?

What would be the cause for reason for a body check anyway?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Apr 4 09:37:27 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i love all of my tattoos. I got what I wanted where I wanted. I knew since a young age (12) that cubicleland wasn't just not made for me. then again being a truck driver your boss doesn't care what your tats are of. they just want the frieght delivered quickly with no issues along the way there or back.

DanSRose Posted: Fri Apr 4 11:02:35 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What does it say in Elvish on your arm?

libra Posted: Fri Apr 4 11:09:46 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I could never get a tattoo. I guess I just figure that I'm too young to know what i'd want on my body at age 80...what would stand the test of time.

Buuut....if i did, it'd be somewhere that people couldn't see unless i wanted them too.

FN Posted: Fri Apr 4 12:04:46 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>it'd be somewhere that people couldn't see unless i wanted them too.

Naughty!

addi Posted: Fri Apr 4 14:06:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Naughty!

I believe she is referring to her armpit

choke Posted: Fri Apr 4 18:50:23 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry you have a cute smile!

libra Posted: Fri Apr 4 20:58:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Christophe said:
>
>>Naughty!
>
>I believe she is referring to her armpit

ew. and ouch! it'd probably really hurt to get a tattoo there!

Kira Posted: Fri Apr 4 21:25:24 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>I've been reading old threads all day but not commenting on them because I didn't want anyone to know I was reading them because that would imply I had spent all day here.
>
>It's a good thing you had the self-discipline not to post on those old threads...cuz if you had our respect for you would have gone done a lot.

Only the coolest GT'ers post on old threads. I LOVE posting on old threads!

(Insert raspberry, dramatic HRUMPH, stomping off.)

Ahriman Posted: Sat Apr 5 01:52:13 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've got two right now but I plan on getting a third when I'm in Anchorage. I've got some time to figure it out. I'm a very accepting and committed person and none of my inks are ever really going to become less special to me as time passes. God, I'm fucking tired.

addi Posted: Sat Apr 5 06:57:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>addi said:
>>Christophe said:
>>
>>>Naughty!
>>
>>I believe she is referring to her armpit
>
>ew. and ouch! it'd probably really hurt to get a tattoo there!

I was attempting to rescue you from the naughty thoughts of where Christophe's mind was going...and I can assure you it wasn't your armpits : )

btw...tattoos will make you go "ouch!" no matter where you put one on your body

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Apr 5 11:33:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>libra said:
>>addi said:
>>>Christophe said:
>>>
>>>>Naughty!
>>>
>>>I believe she is referring to her armpit
>>
>>ew. and ouch! it'd probably really hurt to get a tattoo there!
>
>I was attempting to rescue you from the naughty thoughts of where Christophe's mind was going...and I can assure you it wasn't your armpits : )
>
>btw...tattoos will make you go "ouch!" no matter where you put one on your body
>
Tanqueray straight from the bottle these days eh ?

addi Posted: Sat Apr 5 12:34:19 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Tanqueray straight from the bottle these days eh ?

lol!
no
A brit introduced me to this devil liquor mixed with tonic water and a lime slice. Unfortunately I liked it...a lot, as you can see from the stupid shit expression on my face.

But because I know the youngsters here like choke and Christophe look up to me as a role model I must state that I only drink the hard stuff in moderation and never when I have to drive or plan on having sex or both
: )

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Apr 5 13:50:47 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I must state that I only drink the hard stuff in moderation and never when I have to drive or plan on having sex or both
>
What, ewe doesn't like Addi when he's been a drinkin' ?

Mesh Posted: Sat Apr 5 17:22:52 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You've got to get on the Rum, man.

choke Posted: Sat Apr 5 19:44:36 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
never when I have to drive

Good!

or plan on having sex or both

*hands over eyes/ears*

choke Posted: Sat Apr 5 19:46:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>You've got to get on the Rum, man.

Have you guys noticed that males really like stuff like rum and bourbon whereas females like things like vodka?

I wonder why?

(I'm not being sarcstic I do actually wonder why - does anyone know? Or am I imagining the whole thing?)

libra Posted: Sun Apr 6 03:54:17 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Wisenheimer said:
>>You've got to get on the Rum, man.
>
>Have you guys noticed that males really like stuff like rum and bourbon whereas females like things like vodka?
>
I think it might have something to do with the fact that guys are kind of told they're supposed to like that stuff...there's a certain almost masculine romance about drinking it...
You know,
Hemingway and macho stuff...he's not going to be drinking an apple martini...

plus, vodka seems less strong and they use it in all the girly drinks.

addi Posted: Sun Apr 6 06:54:30 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Wisenheimer said:
>
>Have you guys noticed that males really like stuff like rum and bourbon whereas females like things like vodka?

I think there's something to that, tiff. Guys do seem different than girls in that department.
In fact I'm begining to think there are some major difference between guys and girls. For instance the other day I happened to walk in on the wife while she was changing and I noticed her breasts were larger than mine..and she didn't have a ding-a-ling either.
spooky

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Apr 6 08:35:06 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Wisenheimer said:
>
>
>I wonder why?
>
>(I'm not being sarcstic I do actually wonder why - does anyone know? Or am I imagining the whole thing?)
>
I would agree that bourbon is usually a masculine kind of liquor, but not necessarily rum. Rum is used in a lot of girly type drinks like daquiries and such. It's distilled from sugar cane so it goes well in fruity drinks.
Vodka is kind of universal. It's a manly drink in russia, but not so much in the west, although I sure do like some vodka in my bloody marys.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Apr 6 21:58:53 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>What does it say in Elvish on your arm?

It means Habibi which is arabic for my beloved. It's the masculine version of the word. The feminine version is Habibti.

The bears and stuff on my right arm is by Amy Sol www.amysol.com

choke said:
>Cherry you have a cute smile!

^__^;; thanks!

iggy Posted: Wed Apr 9 08:09:33 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if i'm not wrong, companies do not have the authority to do body check unless otherwise stated.

i work for the government now as a lecturer and they do not check me.

but my boss did tell me that if i do want to extend my tattoos, try to keep it under wraps.

yeah, my school knows i have a couple haha

antartica Posted: Tue Apr 15 06:40:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  twattoo?

oops... tattoos... ahhh that sounds familiar... where'd i hear that before... LOL

i do have a few as some of you who have been around the last few years would know. but have not had the time to get any more.

i am in an industry where if you're a softie you get eaten for breakfast then spat out coz you too soft... and tattoos are commonplace be it hidden or sleeves or bits and pcs here and there =) yayy oilfield!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]