Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Is this lawsuit a good idea ?
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Apr 6 10:52:35 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/industries/technology/article/apple-sour-big-apples-green-logo_549734_12.html

Posted: Sun Apr 6 11:43:36 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  yeah, I read about that the other day, but it just seems silly to me. I've designed dozens of logos for companies and non-profits, and if anybody ever told me that they were suing me because the similarities between my logo and theirs were comparable to those between GreeNYC and Apple Inc.'s logos, I'd tell them to take a hike.

That said, how weird is it to see companies as the big players and cities/states/nations as the underdogs in terms of capital, manpower, etc. Apple is considered the goliath in this battle to New York's David.

I was shocked to hear on the radio, a few months back, that in Hugo Chavez/Venezuela's lawsuit with Exxon, that the entire country of Venezuela's GDP amounts to just a tiny fraction of what Exxon's income is.

Strange days!

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Apr 6 12:07:38 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I would have thought that as a potential customer, the city of New York would have been treated a little better by Apple, aside from the fact that it's really a stupid lawsuit. Not good publicity for them at all in my opinion.

Posted: Sun Apr 6 19:36:12 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nah, Apple have had a few PR slip ups in the last few months, but as long as they create products at the caliber they do, I'll continue to support them happily.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 7 06:40:22 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>Nah, Apple have had a few PR slip ups in the last few months, but as long as they create products at the caliber they do, I'll continue to support them happily.
>
Yeah, and I'm sure most mac users will do the same, but for the several million Apple customers in New York, maybe a different story.
I don't care, I'm a PC guy anyway.

FN Posted: Mon Apr 7 11:31:17 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I'm a PC guy anyway.

Like all the non-hippies

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 7 16:26:43 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>I'm a PC guy anyway.
>
>Like all the non-hippies
>
Actually I would probably get a mac if I could justify the cost.
For my needs, I just don't need to spend the extra cash.
If I had to depend on my computer for my livelyhood, I would probably have a mac.

FN Posted: Mon Apr 7 17:09:29 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Christophe said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>>I'm a PC guy anyway.
>>
>>Like all the non-hippies
>>
>Actually I would probably get a mac if I could justify the cost.
>For my needs, I just don't need to spend the extra cash.
>If I had to depend on my computer for my livelyhood, I would probably have a mac.

Hippy!

DanSRose Posted: Mon Apr 7 17:55:05 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Christophe said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>>I'm a PC guy anyway.
>>
>>
>Actually I would probably get a mac if I could justify the cost.
>For my needs, I just don't need to spend the extra cash.
>If I had to depend on my computer for my livelyhood, I would probably have a mac.

You with your Apple and your demands for free love and healthcare. Are you going to play some jams on your iBook and start a drumcircle? Get a job and take shower, dirty hippy

choke Posted: Mon Apr 7 21:34:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>
>You with your Apple and your demands for free love and healthcare. Are you going to play some jams on your iBook and start a drumcircle? Get a job and take shower, dirty hippy

hah! I used to go to a drum circle! Every full moon :P

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Apr 14 16:42:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>I'm a PC guy anyway.
>
>Like all the non-hippies

i'm a hippie and i prefer the sensible pc...

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 14 18:28:16 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Christophe said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>>I'm a PC guy anyway.
>>
>
>i'm a hippie and i prefer the sensible pc...
>
Where did I get the idea you were a goth ?

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]