Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Wondering Whales Will Worry
Ahriman Posted: Tue Apr 8 00:30:55 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So I'm cooking for a wedding this weekend. My buddy and I are finalizing the menu tomorrow. Looks like we'll be ranging the styles from Hare Royale to Chorizo Stuffed Dates. What did you eat at your wedding (or someone elses)?

Mesh Posted: Tue Apr 8 00:44:11 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The last wedding I attended we had Mongolian food, as the bride was Mongolian. I don't really know what all was in most of it, but it was all pretty heavy on different meats and dairies. Good creams and cheeses, too. I've eaten at "Mongolian" restauruants and the food at the wedding was nothing at all like what the restauruants have. Nothing. At. All. I really liked it.

FN Posted: Tue Apr 8 01:40:18 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Stuffed Dates

Served with some chianti no doubt

Something tells me that the bride will end up stuffed too

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Apr 8 05:48:10 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lasagna, spaghetti with meatballs, tiramisu.

I think it was Italian.

addi Posted: Tue Apr 8 06:25:14 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've never heard of Hare Royale. Is it some kind of rabbit dish?

Strange, but I don't even remember what was served at my wedding. I can tell you it wasn't mongolian food. Probably something more exotic..like Hormel little cocktail weiners. Too much champagne flowing to recall details after so many years. I do remember our wedding cake was a carrot cake, and it wasn't a mongolian carrot cake either.

mat_j Posted: Tue Apr 8 07:31:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Love how so far only a bunch of giggling men have replied to this weddings thread.

Dolphin steaks, chilled monkey brains and skewered panda foetus for me.

addi Posted: Tue Apr 8 12:10:15 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Love how so far only a bunch of giggling men have replied to this weddings thread.

yeah...well
I'm a man, but I wasn't giggling when when I replied.
In fact I typed it in a very manly Genghis Khan manner.

libra Posted: Tue Apr 8 12:56:26 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>In fact I typed it in a very manly Genghis Khan manner.

hehehe

DanSRose Posted: Tue Apr 8 16:35:02 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Most everyone in Asia is related to Genghis
http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/episodes/2007/07/29/segments/81064

Also go down the Genghis entry
http://www.katebeaton.com/Site/History_Project.html

GENGHIS!

addi Posted: Tue Apr 8 18:46:13 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>hehehe

Hey! A woman!

jennemmer Posted: Tue Apr 8 22:05:12 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm getting married in two months and we are having a Ukrainian style buffet (perogies, cabbage rolls, meat balls, etc). Neither of our families are Ukrainian but there is a very large Ukrainian population in the city I am from and it has become a local tradition. It's tasty, no one leaves hungry and it's not too expensive for the couple.

Kira Posted: Tue Apr 8 22:33:18 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi Jenn!

jennemmer Posted: Tue Apr 8 22:37:51 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Hi Jenn!

Hello Kira

(... this is likely to be a bit of a DBF sadly but it's nice to check in every now and again)

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Apr 9 05:56:12 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>I'm getting married in two months and we are having a Ukrainian style buffet (perogies, cabbage rolls, meat balls, etc). Neither of our families are Ukrainian but there is a very large Ukrainian population in the city I am from and it has become a local tradition. It's tasty, no one leaves hungry and it's not too expensive for the couple.
>
Getting married eh. Good for you !
congratulations, marriage is a good thing.
I highly recommend it.

addi Posted: Wed Apr 9 07:45:52 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>I'm getting married in two months

Does Myk know about this?

*been wondering where you've been lately, jenn. Nice to have you check in with us. Also good to have yet another GTer join the ranks of the misera...I mean the blessed.

Off the top of my head.....
married: addi, hif, kuro, CorDrine.

Soon to be hitched (or might as well be married): libra, jenn, sweet p, cherry.

Relationship status uncertain: mr. maroon, ant, mat_j, beetlebum, crim, just~imagine, Ahriman, Mark, meshie, Kira, everyday daisy, DanSRose, Aeon, Dancer, marsi, casper, innocence, maybe, and misszero.

Married to god (celebate): choke

In a relationship with himself: Christophe

did I miss anyone?

mat_j Posted: Wed Apr 9 08:02:41 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>jennemmer said:
>>I'm getting married in two months
>
>Does Myk know about this?
>
>*been wondering where you've been lately, jenn. Nice to have you check in with us. Also good to have yet another GTer join the ranks of the misera...I mean the blessed.
>
>Off the top of my head.....
>married: addi, hif, kuro, CorDrine.
>
>Soon to be hitched (or might as well be married): libra, jenn, sweet p, cherry.
>
>Relationship status uncertain: mr. maroon, ant, mat_j, beetlebum, crim, just~imagine, Ahriman, Mark, meshie, Kira, everyday daisy, DanSRose, Aeon, Dancer, marsi, casper, innocence, maybe, and misszero.
>
>Married to god (celebate): choke
>
>In a relationship with himself: Christophe
>
>did I miss anyone?

Billy Pilgrim
He is shacked up with some good looking frau from Denmark/Sweden at the moment.

Mat_j
Is cohabiting in sin with no intention of getting married, is thinking about going Marxist to ensure this ;-P

Paulo
Former GTer Paulo is currently engaged to his internet found sex bride.

jennemmer Posted: Wed Apr 9 10:03:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>*been wondering where you've been lately, jenn. Nice to have you check in with us. Also good to have yet another GTer join the ranks of the misera...I mean the blessed.

I can't find an adjective good enough to explain how busy I've been... lets just say in the next 5 months I am getting married (just try planning a wedding from a different country... _lots_ of fun), moving twice, filing tax in two countries, speaking at three conferences, helping with two week long summer school programs, trying to get two papers ready for publication and planning a trip/going to Japan.

Out of all the things on my plate for the next little while I'm the least stressed about getting married. (stressing about the caterer/photographer/minister not showing up is a different story)

Kira Posted: Wed Apr 9 11:42:11 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I thought Chan got married? Or did I imagine that?

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Wed Apr 9 16:16:03 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>Relationship status uncertain: mr. maroon, ant, mat_j, beetlebum, crim, just~imagine, Ahriman, Mark, meshie, Kira, everyday daisy, DanSRose, Aeon, Dancer, marsi, casper, innocence, maybe, and misszero.

Hey now, It ain't uncertain,
it's loveeeeee dude!!! :p
We will probably move in together next year ,he graduates over 3 months, and at the moment he's searching for a job near where I live. That Because I have no intentions moving to where he lives.(to far from my family and friends)
He lives totally on other side of Belgium, You may think Belgium ain't big, but a 2 hour drive away from my friends would suck bigtime :p. He on the other hand does not care that much, so jeeej :).
I'm looking forward to it.

Ps: Using Christophe's words
"on a totally unrelated note"

The school has decided to officialy let me go to africa (Zambia) for my internship next year. yes! yes! yes! Can't wait. At the moment I have to search a good place/hospital/rehab center overthere, but I hope to be able to work with children who have cerabral palsy.

Ok that all I have to say for the moment ;)

Ahriman Posted: Wed Apr 9 18:03:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>I'm getting married in two months and we are having a Ukrainian style buffet (perogies, cabbage rolls, meat balls, etc). Neither of our families are Ukrainian but there is a very large Ukrainian population in the city I am from and it has become a local tradition. It's tasty, no one leaves hungry and it's not too expensive for the couple.

My sister is in Kiev right now. She got a Fulbright and that pretty much covered her stay there.

Ahriman Posted: Wed Apr 9 18:06:20 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

I've been dating my Honey Bunny for a little over three years now :)

choke Posted: Wed Apr 9 18:18:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>Married to god (celebate): choke
>

Damn right I am.

addi Posted: Wed Apr 9 19:54:02 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>addi said:
>>
>>Married to god (celebate): choke
>>
>
>Damn right I am.
good for you choke. by the way..god is a woman

and imagine, Ahriman...you're not married, you're not engaged..so that's why I put you in the "uncertain" category. Probably should have labeled it something else like "going steady"..but I just couldn't bring myself to it.

Congrats on africa, imagine. that will be a great life experience for sure

Mesh Posted: Wed Apr 9 21:20:12 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah hey you welsh nogga, Mongolian is as manly as you can get.

Genghis Khan slaughtered tons of people. And killing is pretty manly, if I must say.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Apr 10 00:40:09 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
> "going steady"..but I just couldn't bring myself to it.

There is a little blue pill for that.

mat_j Posted: Thu Apr 10 05:06:57 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>Yeah hey you welsh nogga, Mongolian is as manly as you can get.
>
>Genghis Khan slaughtered tons of people. And killing is pretty manly, if I must say.
>
>
>
I assume this means me due to the 'Welsh nogga' tag; the correct slur Is 'Hey is that someone drowning your village you coal hiding/seaweed eating Taffy bastard' or variant thereof.

I agree, Mongolian is about as manly as you can get. Unless maybe you had a Roman meal of edible doormouse and badgers noses.

DanSRose Posted: Thu Apr 10 16:40:24 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  More or less happily with my girl for a year and a half now (technically it'll be a year and a half on the 15th, the last day of tax season. God I hate tax season; I've worked pretty much until 8:30-9 everyday last week & until 10 every day this week. Hates I do). We are celebrating by seeing Colin Meloy of the Decemberists next Wednesday.

Can we get back to Genghis? He is a fascinating man.
GENGHIS!

Ahriman Posted: Thu Apr 10 18:53:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I read a book about him when I was in Long Beach, CA two years back. He really did do some amazing things. George Washington did some messed up shit during his stay in office. That whole putting down the rebellion was pretty freaking sick.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Apr 10 19:19:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Tony Curtis and John Wayne both played Genghis Khan in the movies.

Now that is some genius casting eh ?

Kira Posted: Thu Apr 10 19:31:30 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman I love your picture. Who is that fellow next to you?

Ahriman Posted: Fri Apr 11 20:55:08 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That's a CIA chef. Brian Hart.

Just cooked dinner. Bison Sirloin. Warm Seafood Salad with Pistachios and Capers. Mixed Green Salad w/ Grapes.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]