Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

inappropriate attachments
misszero Posted: Sun Apr 27 03:43:52 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i was re-reading some of my old posts (haha, how vain) and i found one i'd made like 3 days after my 'new housemate' had moved in. Now, a year on, he's my most favourite person (which is a big call) and i worry that i'm too attached to him. Its not like i want to get into his pants, but like i said, most favourite person. Does anyone else get too attached to people way too quickly? And sometimes somewhat inappropriate people? (for example, fellow gt'ers?

choke Posted: Sun Apr 27 08:00:30 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I always want to chase people who smile at me/look shy/do something nice and tell them that they deserve the best in life. That's sortof an inappropriate attachment.

Kira Posted: Sun Apr 27 12:54:19 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  YES.

addi Posted: Sun Apr 27 14:31:28 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>(for example, fellow gt'ers?

yes : (

and before you post a smart ass reply, hif...No, it wasn't Koff
: )

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Apr 27 19:12:01 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>misszero said:
>>(for example, fellow gt'ers?
>
>
>yes : (
>
>
>and before you post a smart ass reply, hif...No, it wasn't Koff
>: )
>
Smart ass. . . . me ?
Now that just hurts my feelings.
:-)

Mark Posted: Tue Apr 29 05:41:32 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, there is this friend of mine and I do want to get into her panties… but that’s because I like to wear woman clothing.

I usually try to avoid “inappropriate” attachments, but it can’t always be helped to have certain feelings for a person. At the moment no such thing though.

addi Posted: Tue Apr 29 06:32:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mark said:
>Well, there is this friend of mine and I do want to get into her panties… but that’s because I like to wear woman clothing.

btw..the word "panties" is frowned upon here. The acceptable way to describe your love for wearing that particular piece of female attire would be "I like to wear women's under garments".

Nikki Posted: Tue Apr 29 14:48:54 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like watching attached people get hurt - turns me on - mega time :-)

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Apr 29 14:54:47 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I got attached to some people quickly too, but I like that alot, they do mean the world to me :)

In a time period of 1.5 year someone became my best friend, I can't imagine life without him anymore, and in less then a year (~9 months) I already know I want to spend the rest of my life with the guy I'm in love with right now ...

I can also get inappropriatly attached to people that I would probably only see once but leave such an impression behind that it's scary ...

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Apr 29 17:36:37 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm incredibly too attached to Puck. He has been my best friend for years... And I can't stand the thought of being without him... :P

Ahriman Posted: Wed Apr 30 08:47:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Not really, more of a loner. I can make friends with someone in ten seconds and sever it in five. This industry (culinary/hospitality), it's too difficult to stay really great friends with people.

jennemmer Posted: Wed Apr 30 09:19:56 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I get attached to people and then life takes me away for a month or 3, or I move, or they move... and I forget sometimes that other peoples attachments sometimes don't deal with time lapses as well as mine do.

I am very fortunate for the friends I have who understand - and for the friends who don't handle the time well who keep making sure that they find time they need

As for inappropriate attachments... I got to be close friends over the course of a summer with a guy who was married (and good friends with his wife too for the record). We had a lot in common, usually hung out with each other in a larger group in which his wife was included and I thought it was all good. Until one night we both volunteered to walk to the corner store for something or other and halfway there he kissed me. Talk about awkward...

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Apr 30 11:38:10 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:
>I get attached to people and then life takes me away for a month or 3, or I move, or they move... and I forget sometimes that other peoples attachments sometimes don't deal with time lapses as well as mine do.
>
>I am very fortunate for the friends I have who understand - and for the friends who don't handle the time well who keep making sure that they find time they need
>
>As for inappropriate attachments... I got to be close friends over the course of a summer with a guy who was married (and good friends with his wife too for the record). We had a lot in common, usually hung out with each other in a larger group in which his wife was included and I thought it was all good. Until one night we both volunteered to walk to the corner store for something or other and halfway there he kissed me. Talk about awkward...
>
Did you kiss him back ?
Was there tongue involved ?
And if so, how much tongue ?
C'mon girl, I need details, details, details . . . . !

jennemmer Posted: Wed Apr 30 21:26:01 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >Did you kiss him back ?
>Was there tongue involved ?
>And if so, how much tongue ?
>C'mon girl, I need details, details, details . . . . !

The "what the hell?!" reaction was pretty quick on my end so no juicy details, sorry hif.

kurohyou Posted: Thu May 1 19:54:50 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think we all have a tendency to attach to others. The speed of which one attaches to another probably varies depending on how much the one attaching is needing one to attach to.

I have attached quickly in the past. Some people I know I still have yet to really attach to. Their presence in my life, or absence renders the same response. There are others whom I have attached strongly to.

Attachment of any sort leads to suffering, because even if you spend the rest of your natural life with the other person, at some point you will be separated from them. There for attachment leads to suffering.

That doesn't keep us from doing it though. I still attach, even though as I know as I am attaching that its going to cause me to suffer.

We're humans. We need one another whether we like it or not.

I'm currently in the process of ending one attachment, facing another starting, and wondering why the longest of them is lacking in any real attachment.

For what it's worth...

kurohyou Posted: Thu May 1 19:59:20 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just read Arhiman's comment about severing an attachment and have to say i'm similar.

It takes me a while to sever an attachment, but if I do, that's it, and the final decision to do so comes quick. The time consuming part is balancing whether it is worth it or not.

But I have severed connections and attachments with startling certainity and finality.

I can think of only a handful I have done this to, but it has happened.

One is a member of my family. I've always wondered if there was something wrong with me because I cut the attachment and the connection so completely.

Not that it matters...

addi Posted: Fri May 2 06:29:20 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>Attachment of any sort leads to suffering, because even if you spend the rest of your natural life with the other person, at some point you will be separated from them. There for attachment leads to suffering.

This is very true, however I must add that I think it makes a difference how the separation comes about. If you're separated from someone you've spent a life with due to death then suffering is still involved, however it's a different kind of suffering than if you love someone and they separate from you for other reasons, like rejection for example. If that makes any sense.

>I'm currently in the process of ending one attachment, facing another starting, and wondering why the longest of them is lacking in any real attachment.

I'd like to ask for details, but know if you wanted to share them you would have done so in your post. So once again Kuro remains mysterious : )

Nice to hear from you, man in blue.

kurohyou Posted: Sat May 3 01:12:26 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Addi Said
>This is very true, however I must add that I think it makes a difference how the separation comes about. If you're separated from someone you've spent a life with due to death then suffering is still involved, however it's a different kind of suffering than if you love someone and they separate from you for other reasons, like rejection for example. If that makes any sense.

I would agree with that as well. I think that rolls into the area of acceptance. And the truth is, a long life well spent with someone you care about is nothing regret. The passing of the person is painful but the life you made with that other person is worth celebrating, even in death.

Someone rejecting you. Yeah that sucks no matter what.

Though some would say suffering is suffering.

>I'd like to ask for details, but know if you wanted to share them you would have done so in your post. So once again Kuro remains mysterious : )
>
>Nice to hear from you, man in blue.

Since the events are still occurring the details are in the works. Perhaps I'll stop by later and drop some vague hints as to what is going on. Its probably not all that interesting. Just more of the human drama we all have experienced at one point or another.

For what it's worth...

addi Posted: Sat May 3 07:25:11 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>Though some would say suffering is suffering.

In the broad definition it is. I just think the negative emotions that can trigger a person's suffering can make the anguish of separation much worse, depending on the particular circumstances. For example, if a person has a major fight with someone they love and that person gets in an accident immediately afterwards and dies then I think it makes the loss much more difficult to deal with. Losing a loved one still causes suffering no matter what, but I think the degree of suffering would be much more difficult to deal with due to the last words exchanged between the two people..
which I guess is stating the bloody obvious.

>Since the events are still occurring the details are in the works. >

Can't speak for others here, but I'm interested in knowing what's happening. Then again folks here know I'm the nosey type so feel free to keep personal stuff to yourself (or email me)

mat_j Posted: Thu May 8 02:24:15 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I enjoy a good crush

MissZ, Sweet P, Libra and Beetlebum to name but a few!!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]