Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Lucky Little Lads Leave
Ahriman Posted: Mon May 19 11:40:52 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Rocking out in Alaska! I had to spend the night in Anchorage after I got off the plane. International Hostel on H Street, fine place to sleep. Road the Alaskan Railroad to Talkeetna. Yadda, yadda, yadda. I'm now in my room. Supplied with many chef jackets. Starting work tomorrow. Saw a moose yesterday, big f*cker. Lots of Bulgarian and Serbian co-workers?

addi Posted: Mon May 19 16:39:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mmmm...moose steak! : )

Be careful up there lil'chef. I think you're in for the time of your life up in the northland.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon May 19 19:49:47 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Do you know how to cook moose ?

Ahriman Posted: Tue May 20 03:30:37 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh yeaaa :)

ifihadahif Posted: Tue May 20 06:47:12 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Oh yeaaa :)
>
I had a bison steak a couple of weeks ago, it was OK, but I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as beef.
Does moose compare to bison ?

mat_j Posted: Tue May 20 07:04:07 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Had some wild boar the other day, that was good, but pig isn't as good as cow.

Ahriman Posted: Tue May 20 11:15:41 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Ahriman said:
>>Oh yeaaa :)
>>
>I had a bison steak a couple of weeks ago, it was OK, but I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as beef.
>Does moose compare to bison ?

Bison is so lean that you really need to know what you are doing to make it good. Moose does not compare to bison in "moisture" sense but as a game tastes go. Definitely up there.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue May 20 13:06:29 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love your picture!
Have fun overthere and enjoy all the nature :)
You'll fit in great...

beetlebum Posted: Tue May 20 13:16:26 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i had wild boar with a chocolate sauce in tuscany; i still marvel at it.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue May 20 15:14:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Ahriman said:
>>>Oh yeaaa :)
>>>
>>I had a bison steak a couple of weeks ago, it was OK, but I didn't think it was anywhere near as good as beef.
>>Does moose compare to bison ?
>
>Bison is so lean that you really need to know what you are doing to make it good. Moose does not compare to bison in "moisture" sense but as a game tastes go. Definitely up there.
>
Yeah, I don't have much of a taste for game meats, though I have had some decent venison. The bison was well prepared, I just really didn't love it. It was good enough that I ate almost all of it, but I wouldn't order it again.
In a soup or a stew, it would probably be very good, but as a grilled steak, not so much.

Ahriman Posted: Wed May 21 04:12:01 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Yeah, I don't have much of a taste for game meats, though I have had some decent venison. The bison was well prepared, I just really didn't love it. It was good enough that I ate almost all of it, but I wouldn't order it again.
>In a soup or a stew, it would probably be very good, but as a grilled steak, not so much.

Yea, if you ever decide to make some for yourself. Marinate it, sear it, finish it off in an oven with some au jus.

:P

ifihadahif Posted: Wed May 21 06:53:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>Yeah, I don't have much of a taste for game meats, though I have had some decent venison. The bison was well prepared, I just really didn't love it. It was good enough that I ate almost all of it, but I wouldn't order it again.
>>In a soup or a stew, it would probably be very good, but as a grilled steak, not so much.
>
>Yea, if you ever decide to make some for yourself. Marinate it, sear it, finish it off in an oven with some au jus.
>
You ever had any beefalo ?
>:P

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]