Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Time passes slowly
Posted: Sun May 25 21:49:01 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wonder if I gave up too much when I left home? Things are different now, and I do the same thing every day.

I'm making progress only in the loosest sense of the word.

Where do I go from here?

FN Posted: Mon May 26 11:21:38 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The boobybar!

Ahriman Posted: Mon May 26 15:54:38 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hear you, man. I'm actually looking for my next place of work right now (wintertime seasonals). Best piece of advice would be to put on some Muddy Waters and start searching for a new job. No point in digging yourself into a deeper hole.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon May 26 19:24:08 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>I wonder if I gave up too much when I left home? Things are different now, and I do the same thing every day.
>
>I'm making progress only in the loosest sense of the word.
>
>Where do I go from here?
>
Probably just a little homesickness. Very natural I'm sure.
You could just stick it out and it will pass. Maybe entering into a relationship would help.
Or you could just go home.
Most jobs take around 2yrs before you're completely aclimated and at your age it's easy to get wanderlust. You would probably experience similar feelings if you were still in Canada.

Of course that's just my opinion, I'm not a real doctor or anything, but I did spend the night in a whorehouse in Panama once.

mat_j Posted: Tue May 27 10:21:52 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And i helped!

andariel Posted: Wed May 28 21:02:47 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I live in Durango Colorado which is, give or take, 8 hours drive or 500ish miles away from Phoenix. Durango is a nice college/tourist town that makes most of it's money from the train to Silverton and Beer. In town we have four breweries which produce some of the better Beer in Colorado (Ska, Steamworks, Carver's and the one I love best Durango Brewing Company. Some stores in your area carry 'em,) The Animas River (El Río de las Animas Perdidas or the River of Lost Souls) runs right through town and hosts many water activities such as rafting, (before or after town for whitewater) tubeing, kayaking, fishing and whatnot. We are in a valley, surrounded by the very beautiful San Juan Mountains which makes for lovely hiking, camping and some climbing. The town is known for our love of mountain biking (iron horse just past).

I bring all this up 'cause, if nothing else, Durango is a place to get away and think if that's what you need to do. It's also a great place to get outside and enjoy the world. Or a great place to drink yourself stupid. I stay here for all the above. To me nothing says peace like a case of beer, a tire tube and a nice float down the river after a lung killing hike up Hogsback. Sitting on the rock at the top of Hogsback (or Ice Lakes Basin or many other pretty spots) is a great place to reflect and think.

If you want or need to get out your element and step back and think a bit, or if you just need a vacation, know that I'm here. I live right in town with two interesting roommates. We have two cats, a dog, two nice couches, a T.V. that's used only for games and DVDs and a front porch that's wonderful at 4:20.

Open invite; I like to meet new and interesting people. I enjoy a chance to get out of the house and show people around the area. I'm starting to really hate being here (I'm a city girl) and showing Durango off to others helps to remind me why I do like it. I also happen to be unemployed for going on eight months now and am insanely bored.

addi Posted: Thu May 29 06:47:01 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  nice to hear from you again andariel. So another GTer looking for employment. There's a few of us here in the same boat these days.
You speak the truth about your fair town. Been there twice and it's one of the best smaller towns I've ever seen. If I could find work there I'd seriously consider making the move.

Good luck on the job front and don't be such a stranger here.

andariel Posted: Thu May 29 18:20:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I read threads from time to time still, just didn't have much of anything to say.

What is it you do Addi? There might be work for you here :)

addi Posted: Fri May 30 06:30:55 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  andariel said:

>What is it you do Addi? There might be work for you here :)

I'm a statesman, a pole dancer, an interpreter (translate southern speak into normal english), a chicken plucker, a drug runner, a cat whisperer, and a sommelier specializing in wines under $4...amoung other things. Does Durango have need of any of those talents?
: )

ifihadahif Posted: Fri May 30 07:23:27 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>andariel said:
>
>>What is it you do Addi? There might be work for you here :)
>
>I'm a statesman, a pole dancer, an interpreter (translate southern speak into normal english), a chicken plucker, a drug runner, a cat whisperer, and a sommelier specializing in wines under $4...amoung other things. Does Durango have need of any of those talents?
>: )
>
Uh, you left out major irritant old friend.
:-)

addi Posted: Fri May 30 16:57:54 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Uh, you left out major irritant old friend.
>:-)

well that fits more into my annoying personality traits rather than job experience...so I didn't bother to list it.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]