Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Bill Spear Shaker
mat_j Posted: Tue Jul 8 02:10:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  On the subject of the GT Poll, i'd like to know peoples opinions on the matter. I went to see a performance of Much ado about nothing with the good lady the other day.

It was an open air production within the walls of Cardiff castle, the cast was all male (as is tradition) and to be honest it was pretty wonderful.

The play was funny even if you didn't catch all the jokes and all the characters were so appealing even though nobody in the audience shared anything in common with their background and noble birth etc.

So my argument is therefore, Shakey is a genius because he knows where the Human heart is, and if you look beyond the 'hey nonny nonny' his stories transcend time and situation to give a beautiful and acurate position on the the Human condition.

You opinions?

addi Posted: Tue Jul 8 06:42:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I happen to agree with you on this one, mat. Finding his work difficult to understand, or not caring for the plots because there isn't a superhero with amazing powers shouldn't be a reflection on his genius for writing. The guy definately knew human nature and had a unique gift for expressing it in words...so many of them made up.

Weird timing for this poll question, as I'm now working on putting together several of his plays into a text format on adobe software that will have illustrations and be used for students studying him in school (my new job). The first one I'm working on is "As You Like it"...and I'm doing it on a new mac, which I'm finding very difficult to master after years of working on a pc.

libra Posted: Tue Jul 8 11:31:13 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I agree with you two. I think that he will always speak to those things that are constant within us...

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]