Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Just Join Jack
Ahriman Posted: Wed Jul 9 17:46:21 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Where is the best restaurant/hotel in the world in your opinion?

addi Posted: Wed Jul 9 18:27:16 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  impossible to answer this one really. Haven't been to enough resturants across the world to feel qualified. I've eaten some great meals on different continents but I'd say 90% of them were home cooked at someone's house.

If you're still looking at Ireland as a place to work I happened to catch an episode of No Reservations (Anthony Bourdain) there and one of the spots he hit in Dublin was a place called Cayenne Restaurant. I'm a very picky eater, but I have to say the food looked excellent there. A very talented head chef mixing traditional with new recipes.
Plus Christophe informs me that most Irish women have healthy vaginas, so that's another good reason to go.

libra Posted: Wed Jul 9 20:57:15 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Like Addi I have no basis for a 'in the world' judgement on this one....buuuut, my favorite restaurant is called Tangerine and it's in San Francisco. They make this Sea Bass Edamame with Black Bean Sauce and I love it more than anything. And they make these yummy duck spring rolls.

jennemmer Posted: Wed Jul 9 21:31:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh... hard to say. I can only base this on personal experience but here are two restaurants that I would seriously consider flying to for a meal were I ever to become rich:

- The Whitefish lake restaurant in Whitefish, MN. I don't know if it's actually called that, it's the restaurant at the golf course and has beautifully prepared lamb and lobster among other things. We met in Whitefish for a ski trip for my mom's 50th birthday... which was mostly an excuse for her to have her birthday dinner there.

-Christon Cafe in Osaka... a definite "only in Japan" sort of experience. It was a restaurant made up to look like a gothic cathedral, lit with disco lights, playing J-pop, and containing some of the best food I have ever eaten. It was an interesting Japanese/Italian fusion. We ended up having 5 appetizers and sharing a main dish and wishing we had room for more.

addi Posted: Wed Jul 9 22:47:20 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  jennemmer said:

>- The Whitefish lake restaurant in Whitefish, MN.

kinda sad that I lived not too far from there for 20 years and never ate there once. Sounds like I missed something tasty.

Nice avatar pic Mrs. jenn, but you need to be wearing a pink belt around the white wedding dress. If you ever need any marriage advice I'd avoid me as a source of any worthwhile information

Posted: Thu Jul 10 00:45:22 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Haven't been in too many, but the Hilton in San Francisco's Financial District was pretty great.

mat_j Posted: Wed Jul 30 07:16:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I went to the restaurant at the end of the universe once, you pay for your meal by setting up a one penny account now and letting the interest accumulate.

The cow even lets you choose the cut of it you want.

Classy place.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]