Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

under us
Ahriman Posted: Tue Jul 29 07:43:09 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In a perfect world, where would you be right now?

addi Posted: Tue Jul 29 15:49:44 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This time of year I'd be living at my summer log cabin in the San Juan mountain range some where outside of Ouray, Colorado.
During the winter mouths I'd move to my modest getaway on Ambergris Caye, the largest island in Belize; passing time by lounging in the sun, drinking cold beer and margaritas, snorkling, fishing, and entertaining the occasional houseguest friends from GT that pop in.
Of course I'd afford all of this from the huge royaly checks I was getting from the wildly successful cartoon/humor books I'd written.

In a perfect world...

Posted: Tue Jul 29 18:57:28 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Who knows. Baffin Island? Seychelles?

Kira Posted: Tue Jul 29 20:44:21 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This question and its variants always strikes me as kind of odd. Like it's the wrong question. Because I never think of a WHERE, rather it's always WHO I wish I was with.

But, uh, assuming I can take a friend, I'm rather keen on Guangxi, China at the moment.

mat_j Posted: Wed Jul 30 04:11:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know what you mean Kira, and my choices below are in part at least influenced by that.

I'm pretty happy where i am, people know me and have forgiven me.

I'm not a sun worshipper, I like living in cities, i have a broad base of friends, I'm 2 hours away by plane from most of the cities of western Europe and a short Ferry ride away from Ireland.

My Ancestors are buried here, their Ancestors are buried an hours drive away and their ancestors are all at the bottom of the river Severn in the silt cursing the day they wore boots to work.

Saying that, I'm pretty keen on Amsterdam, and I'm obsessed by Istambul, I have happy memories of Barcelona, Stockholm is tempting, as is anywhere in Canada or Thailand, everyone should live in London once but leave before they get hard, everyone should live in Paris once but leave before they get soft. I would love to live on a boat at some point too.

misszero Posted: Wed Jul 30 08:52:18 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i went on holiday on a boat once. not a cruise, but a sailing catamaran. it was nice. maybe i'd like to be there again? hrm.
Melbourne, the Ukraine, Alaska, Tasmania, Palermo, Hawaii, Ireland, Easter Island. Any reasons? not really.

iggy Posted: Sat Aug 2 08:32:19 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  some place near the coast where there's good surf and a nice seaside house with a nice studio for work.
and a side house stacked with surfboards and dive equipment so i can surf and dive anytime i want to with my mates.

i'm trying to find that place haha

Mesh Posted: Sat Aug 2 18:40:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd be on the river with my ten or so favorite friends right now.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Aug 3 06:50:05 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Returning from India has made me increadibly happy to just be home with friends and to be in a country where you can eat meat and uncooked vegetables again without getting terrible diarrhea...

India is an amazing and beautifull country especially in the north, but there's alot of misery to go with it too.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Aug 3 07:17:37 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>
>India is an amazing and beautifull country especially in the north, but there's alot of misery to go with it too.
>
Yeah, well, I'm sure that's probably somehow our fault.
:-)

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Aug 3 10:12:53 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sure... I blame you totally...
No, just joking
You and the brittisch... ;)

No, it's country in development... and it has a long way to go. Most problems are also due to the caste system. Wich creates a bigger gap between the rich and the poor.

mat_j Posted: Sun Aug 3 14:54:15 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>~Just Imagine~ said:
>>
>>India is an amazing and beautifull country especially in the north, but there's alot of misery to go with it too.
>>
>Yeah, well, I'm sure that's probably somehow our fault.
>:-)

Oh not at all Hiffer, please this one's on us!

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Aug 4 07:17:19 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>~Just Imagine~ said:
>>>
>>>India is an amazing and beautifull country especially in the north, but there's alot of misery to go with it too.
>>>
>>Yeah, well, I'm sure that's probably somehow our fault.
>>:-)
>
>Oh not at all Hiffer, please this one's on us!
>
Why thank you kind sir !
It is most difficult you know, being the major distributor of misery around the planet, and your help in this matter is most appreciated.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Aug 4 15:23:01 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If it was a perfect world I would live on a 25 acre rolling hills farm in Scotland. With a herd of 75 alpacas in various shades. A couple horses for riding, a couple of cows for milk and one or two every year for eating. Chicken and Geese for eggs and some for meat. 5 or 6 goats for their milk to use for soap making. And a couple of Corgis to help herd in the Alpacas. With a beautiful veggie garden and fruit trees that provides food for me. A earth friendly rammed earth home with solar panels on the roof and a few wind turbines for a little extra cash. :D That is the life I would love to have.

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 7 04:29:50 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>If it was a perfect world I would live on a 25 acre rolling hills farm in Scotland. With a herd of 75 alpacas in various shades. A couple horses for riding, a couple of cows for milk and one or two every year for eating. Chicken and Geese for eggs and some for meat. 5 or 6 goats for their milk to use for soap making. And a couple of Corgis to help herd in the Alpacas. With a beautiful veggie garden and fruit trees that provides food for me. A earth friendly rammed earth home with solar panels on the roof and a few wind turbines for a little extra cash. :D That is the life I would love to have.

In Scotland!?

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 7 04:35:32 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>mat_j said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>>~Just Imagine~ said:
>>>>
>>>>India is an amazing and beautifull country especially in the north, but there's alot of misery to go with it too.
>>>>
>>>Yeah, well, I'm sure that's probably somehow our fault.
>>>:-)
>>
>>Oh not at all Hiffer, please this one's on us!
>>
>Why thank you kind sir !
>It is most difficult you know, being the major distributor of misery around the planet, and your help in this matter is most appreciated.
>

Hey tell you what, We'll cover most of Africa from Zimbabwae to Sierra Leone, the Indian Subcontinent, South China, Australia, and half the Carribbean. You can take South & Central America, Viet-Nam,The Middle East and the rest of the Carribean. Russia can be responsible for everything along it's borders, Europe and China can self police and the French can take the left over bits of Africa and South East Asia and we've got the misery of the world all sewn up. Canada isn't miserable so it's not allowed to play.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 7 10:56:28 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>>>Oh not at all Hiffer, please this one's on us!
>>>
>>Why thank you kind sir !
>>It is most difficult you know, being the major distributor of misery around the planet, and your help in this matter is most appreciated.
>>
>
>Hey tell you what, We'll cover most of Africa from Zimbabwae to Sierra Leone, the Indian Subcontinent, South China, Australia, and half the Carribbean. You can take South & Central America, Viet-Nam,The Middle East and the rest of the Carribean. Russia can be responsible for everything along it's borders, Europe and China can self police and the French can take the left over bits of Africa and South East Asia and we've got the misery of the world all sewn up. Canada isn't miserable so it's not allowed to play.
>
Ok, but I get to go first !

FN Posted: Thu Aug 7 12:19:36 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Hey tell you what, We'll cover most of Africa from Zimbabwae to Sierra Leone, the Indian Subcontinent, South China, Australia, and half the Carribbean. You can take South & Central America, Viet-Nam,The Middle East and the rest of the Carribean. Russia can be responsible for everything along it's borders, Europe and China can self police and the French can take the left over bits of Africa and South East Asia and we've got the misery of the world all sewn up. Canada isn't miserable so it's not allowed to play.

And what do I get

Nikki Posted: Thu Aug 7 12:59:23 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Canary Islands

Where I live NOW :-)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]