Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Pelosi
ifihadahif Posted: Tue Aug 5 06:48:32 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nancy Pelosi April 2006
" With skyrocketing gas prices, it is clear that the American people can no longer afford the Republican Rubber Stamp Congress and its failure to stand up to Republican big oil and gas company cronies. Americans this week are paying $2.91 a gallon on average for regular gasoline – 33 cents higher than last month, and double the price than when President Bush first came to office."

“With record gas prices, record CEO pay packages, and record oil company profits, Speaker Hastert and the Majority Congress continue to give the American people empty rhetoric rather than join Democrats who are working to lower gas prices now."

According to Ms. Pelosi, high gas prices were the fault of the republican congress and if we voted for the dems, they would fix this.
How do you think they've done so far ?

Any comments ?

addi Posted: Tue Aug 5 08:24:38 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Too oversimplified if you ask me. There are many factors involved in high gas prices, and to blame the republicans solely (if that's really how she feels) then it's not looking at the complete picture. The dems are part of the problem as well...if fact all of us are, and finger pointing at this time is not going to solve the problem.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Aug 5 08:30:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Too oversimplified if you ask me. There are many factors involved in high gas prices, and to blame the republicans solely (if that's really how she feels) then it's not looking at the complete picture. The dems are part of the problem as well...if fact all of us are, and finger pointing at this time is not going to solve the problem.
>
My thoughts exactly.
I think it's insulting to the American public that Ms. Pelosi or anyone running for office to say they can reduce gas prices, I don't care what party they belong to.
As for finger pointing, that's exactly what Ms. Pelosi was doing in her campaign, but it came back to bite her in the ass, so to speak.

FN Posted: Tue Aug 5 09:00:55 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You guys have nothing to complain about as far as I know.

You should see gas prices over here.

addi Posted: Tue Aug 5 09:43:28 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>You guys have nothing to complain about as far as I know.
>
>You should see gas prices over here.

But it's fun to bitch.
Personally I think Pelosi overlooked the role Belgians are playing in our high gas prices here.
: )

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Aug 5 11:05:54 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>You guys have nothing to complain about as far as I know.
>
>You should see gas prices over here.
>
The difference is we have to drive a lot farther to get to work or to get to the market or whatever and unless you live in a large metropolitan area, you can't really rely on public transportation.

I know you guys have been paying high prices for years and most of it goes for taxes. This is relatively new stuff for our culture of drivers over here.

I get sick of hearing about obscene profits the oil companies are getting.
That soundbite is all over the news every day, but they conveniently omit that with every 8 or 9 cents of record profits going to the oil companies, the government is getting 80 or 90 cents of record revenues in taxes.

Ahriman Posted: Wed Aug 6 03:57:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think we all just need to calm down and start riding Caribous.

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 7 03:57:27 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>I think we all just need to calm down and start riding Caribous.

Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. ...

addi Posted: Thu Aug 7 06:26:10 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  >Ahriman said:
>I think we all just need to calm down and start riding misszero.

I don't know how that will help our gas prices but I'm willing to give it a try.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 7 10:53:14 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Shee-it man ! Didja ever try to put a saddle on one of them thar things ?
Ya gotta put handcuffs on 'em and give some benadryl and cherry vodka.
And they stink too.

Lucky for Addi, they don't look like sheep.
:-)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]