Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

*sneak sneak*
SntSaturn Posted: Sat Aug 9 17:15:17 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Something about you guys still being here after months makes me smile. Lots.

How is everyone? Spill about what is exciting in your life these days.

addi Posted: Sat Aug 9 19:13:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's not nice to sneak up on us like that. I'll probably have nightmares now.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Aug 9 21:02:52 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SntSaturn said:
>Something about you guys still being here after months makes me smile. Lots.
>
>How is everyone? Spill about what is exciting in your life these days.
>
Well, I've got this rash . . . .

SntSaturn Posted: Sat Aug 9 21:03:12 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I actually did have a nightmare the other night. Not about you all, but about Iron Chef. I was in battle Curry and doing terribly. ><

SntSaturn Posted: Sat Aug 9 21:11:16 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well, here is my quick synopsis.

Currently, I'm in the process of tying up ends at college then I have to take my Nursing Licensure Exam. I move from Columbus, Ohio to Baltimore, Maryland in about two weeks. Once there, I will start a new job, a real job, as a registered nurse (assuming I pass the Board Exam).

It is all very terrifying and exciting.

addi Posted: Sat Aug 9 23:27:43 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SntSaturn said:

>It is all very terrifying and exciting.

My younger brother just took that exam last june. He was worried too, but did just fine on it. We don't let idiots post on GT (except for nikki) so I'm sure you'll do good.
What you really need to be concerned about is getting put on crappy shifts as a rookie...and having to give guys like hif and me sponge baths.
: )

SntSaturn Posted: Sat Aug 9 23:33:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>What you really need to be concerned about is getting put on crappy shifts as a rookie...and having to give guys like hif and me sponge baths.
>

Well, I already have those two issues taken care of for better or worse.

My shifts, as for every new grad/new hire, will be rotating biweekly (I think) day night shift from either 6P to 6A or 6A to 6P. Blech. The good news is that I only work three days a week!

Also, I gave plenty of sponge baths during nursing school. I'm hoping that will no longer fit under my job description.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Aug 10 07:23:15 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  SntSaturn said:
>addi said:
>>What you really need to be concerned about is getting put on crappy shifts as a rookie...and having to give guys like hif and me sponge baths.
>>
>
>Well, I already have those two issues taken care of for better or worse.
>
>My shifts, as for every new grad/new hire, will be rotating biweekly (I think) day night shift from either 6P to 6A or 6A to 6P. Blech. The good news is that I only work three days a week!
>
>Also, I gave plenty of sponge baths during nursing school. I'm hoping that will no longer fit under my job description.
>
Why not ? I'm a good tipper.
:-)

FN Posted: Sun Aug 10 15:08:48 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  And I hear that if you don't really search for it you won't even see his genitals anyway ;)

kurohyou Posted: Sun Aug 10 19:57:50 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nada.

Just got back from a good camping trip. Examining the entanglements in my life and walking head first into the trauma of other peoples lives to make sense of it for them.

I'm also examining my role in this here world....

Hope everyone is well.

For what it's worth...

iggy Posted: Wed Aug 13 00:32:48 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm still lurking around.

still teaching film and video in school.
still directing.

am nominated for best video in the mtv asia awards for next year though.
so that's good.

addi Posted: Wed Aug 13 08:03:26 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cool, chan. I hope you stay humble and lovable after getting all these awards.

addi Posted: Wed Aug 13 08:05:20 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>I'm also examining my role in this here world....

I can help with that. It's to serve and protect. And you damn well better do it with a smile on your face.

*camping in the Rockies...a bit of heaven.

SntSaturn Posted: Wed Aug 13 10:49:23 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I haven't been camping in ages. Sounds nice.

Kira Posted: Wed Aug 13 19:38:34 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I moved. Can't get my internet to work.

sweet p Posted: Wed Aug 13 21:10:33 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sntsaturn, kuro, mistermaroon! long time no see.
today i went biking in a beautiful sun shower and followed the rainbow home. that sounds really fruity but it actually happened and it was really great.

Kira Posted: Wed Aug 13 22:45:29 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also, Fuchsia died.

DROWNED!

And I being a very vocal and excitable reader would have leapt up wailing, were I in my own home where I am forgiven such ridiculous behavior. As it was, I didn't want my roommate to think I was off my rocker, so I just sat there, mortified.

END bookwormy rant.

PS Chris, the villain in this book reminds me of you.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Aug 14 03:46:25 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've been doing ridiculous amounts of salmon fishing. HUUUUUUUGE salmon out here. I reeled in a chinook the other day that was easily 25lbs. Bears keep on annoying me. I have to carry a twelve gauge when I go to certain creeks. Beyond all my outdoors stuff. Cooking, cooking, cooking. Lots of new burns. Lots of asshole customers. Lots of ass slapping in the kitchen. yadda yadda yadda.

Mark Posted: Thu Aug 14 05:27:38 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Need to visit more often... A bit slacking off at work right now :) I conquered my fear of heights and went abseiling (from 100 meters high) a few weeks back :D Liked it so much that I've decided to do some parachute jumping next year.

addi Posted: Thu Aug 14 07:17:15 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:

>today i went biking in a beautiful sun shower and followed the rainbow home. that sounds really fruity but it actually happened and it was really great.

The simple uncomplicated things are sometimes the best.
I SO need a rainbow bike ride in my life right now. The gods have fated against me and everything seems to be falling apart.

addi Posted: Thu Aug 14 07:23:00 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mark said:
>I conquered my fear of heights and went abseiling (from 100 meters high) a few weeks back

Abseiling just reminded me of the time I went rock climbing in Australia. They called it that as well and at first I didn't have a clue what they were referring to. Found out that's the word they use for reppeling (what we call it in the states).
Abseiling sounds more sexy and dangerous.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sat Aug 16 09:45:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Can't say that still gives me thrills... As I seriously have done that a thousand times already...
Depending on the person abseiling it can be very sexy though...

I wish it would stay dry for once this summer so that I actually could go to the ardennes and enjoy some climbing again, it's been a while.

I'm so bored at the moment, returning from India made Belgium a very boring place to be at the moment.
I'm just counting the days till my boyfriend gets back from caving, so there's someone to hang out with...
All my friends are studying for their retakes on the exams, and those who aren't are away travelling.
My sister moved out and lives with her boyfriend, so no chance to annoy her anymore...

And I can't find a holidayjob, that lasts more then 1 or 2 days, so I just do them untill something better comes along, I hope it does. I need the money.

I just suck at entertaining myself.

addi Posted: Sat Aug 16 17:02:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>I just suck at entertaining myself.

you're good at entertaining us though.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Aug 17 13:23:48 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well thank you Addi

I'm worried again, the newsbulletin told about a caver dieing yesterday while diving in a cave here in Belgium.

My boyfriend is already two weeks exploring a cave on the border of Spain and France, and is underground for 4 days on a row now.I hope he doesn't do anything stupid and gets out without any accidents.
3 weeks is a long time to worry about someones health...

Mark Posted: Mon Aug 18 03:55:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>Can't say that still gives me thrills... As I seriously have done that a thousand times already...
Well, it was my first and as I said, I had to conquer my fear of heights first :) Actually I thought it would be more thrilling than it actually was... Ah well, time to find another phobia to conquer ;)

>Depending on the person abseiling it can be very sexy though...
I don't need abseiling to be sexy :p

choke Posted: Sun Aug 24 23:24:07 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Mark said:
>>I conquered my fear of heights and went abseiling (from 100 meters high) a few weeks back
>
>Abseiling just reminded me of the time I went rock climbing in Australia. They called it that as well and at first I didn't have a clue what they were referring to. Found out that's the word they use for reppeling (what we call it in the states).
>Abseiling sounds more sexy and dangerous.

Here rock climbing is going up, abseiling is going down and repelling is going down face first. There's a word for going sideways as well, but I forget.

addi Posted: Mon Aug 25 07:36:56 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>There's a word for going sideways as well, but I forget.

drunk?

choke Posted: Tue Aug 26 03:07:29 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>choke said:
>
>>There's a word for going sideways as well, but I forget.
>
>drunk?

lol, most probably

addi Posted: Tue Aug 26 09:43:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:

>lol, most probably

pissed and abseiling...now that's a come a gutser! You'd be a fruit loop to do that with a gutful of piss. Personally, I wouldn't do it unless I was as dry as a nun's nasty.

choke Posted: Tue Aug 26 19:06:10 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>pissed and abseiling...now that's a come a gutser! You'd be a fruit loop to do that with a gutful of piss. Personally, I wouldn't do it unless I was as dry as a nun's nasty.
>
>: )

I'm horrifically afraid of heights so I wouldn't do it at all. Although I have gone sideways :P

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]