Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

punkiest monkey that ever popped
mat_j Posted: Fri Aug 15 08:05:14 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The Olypmics being based in China has lead to the BBC making commercials based on animated shorts of the amazing TV show Monkey (AKA Monkey Magic) to advertise the event.

as a result i went on a wiki safari to reacquaint myself with the show and discovered to my shock it was never shown on American TV.

I'm sure I've seen this show referenced in popular culture and am surprised the only frame of reference i could have had for this show were my formative teen years (Admittedly spent more or less living with a Chinese family) watching the shown on rerun on obscure satellite channels.

So my question is: American (and indeed world wide GTers) does anybody know what the sweet caramel feck i'm talking about?

T xxxx

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Aug 15 09:13:50 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>The Olypmics being based in China has lead to the BBC making commercials based on animated shorts of the amazing TV show Monkey (AKA Monkey Magic) to advertise the event.
>
>as a result i went on a wiki safari to reacquaint myself with the show and discovered to my shock it was never shown on American TV.
>
>I'm sure I've seen this show referenced in popular culture and am surprised the only frame of reference i could have had for this show were my formative teen years (Admittedly spent more or less living with a Chinese family) watching the shown on rerun on obscure satellite channels.
>
>So my question is: American (and indeed world wide GTers) does anybody know what the sweet caramel feck i'm talking about?
>
> T xxxx
>
Not the fecking foggiest.

FN Posted: Fri Aug 15 10:12:03 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No idea

misszero Posted: Fri Aug 15 10:22:48 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  monkey!

*blows a cloud on her fingers then shoots it off to carry her and her stick. And her magic headband*

misszero Posted: Fri Aug 15 10:23:28 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sometimes i do actually blow clouds as a gesture of excitement. man. i'm such a weirdo sometimes

addi Posted: Fri Aug 15 10:34:22 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have no clue what you're speaking of, but then again I'm often confused by your posts. I usually just shrug my shoulders and write it off as being a Welsh thing.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Aug 15 12:27:10 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>sometimes i do actually blow
>
A very nice thought indeed
:-)

addi Posted: Fri Aug 15 13:10:46 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>misszero said:
>>sometimes i do actually blow
>>
>A very nice thought indeed
>:-)

Just so the record is straight...that reply was all hif, not addi or addihif.
: )

sweet p Posted: Fri Aug 15 15:58:27 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  haha

i have seen the character before but definitely never on canadian television. only because of ther interweb have i seen the olympics monkey magic clips.

it's like the time i found out nobody outside canada knew about téléfrançais. what a tragedy.

FN Posted: Fri Aug 15 19:42:36 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>it's like the time i found out nobody outside canada knew about téléfrançais. what a tragedy.

I know téléfrançais.

sweet p Posted: Mon Aug 18 03:25:54 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>I know .

really?? téléfrançais fantastique! the rest of the world never knows canadian television.
i saw a couple clips recently and i think my parents must've been feeding me drugs for me to love it so much. ananas!?

also, off topic. do you ever go to gentse feesten? you live east of gent i guess? is it as good as i have heard or is it just an evil ploy to get me to travel across the ocean? i know i already missed it this year but i may be visiting next july.

mat_j Posted: Mon Aug 18 13:50:43 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Two relevant comments! Not bad!

Still glad the coolest Martial artsesque adventure story is still exclusive.

Misszero
I've got my whole team in work create clouds by blowing on their fingers. I wonder what this Addihif entity will make of that!

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Aug 18 15:01:19 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Two relevant comments! Not bad!
>
>Still glad the coolest Martial artsesque adventure story is still exclusive.
>
>Misszero
>I've got my whole team in work create clouds by blowing on their fingers. I wonder what this Addihif entity will make of that!
>
BTW, it's not Addihif, it's Hifaddi.

addi Posted: Mon Aug 18 15:13:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>BTW, it's not Addihif, it's Hifaddi.
>:-)

I don't think so. Say it out loud.."Hifaddi".
Sounds suspiciously middle eastern to me.
How's IfihadanAddi?
Like "If I had a million dollars..."

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Aug 18 15:36:53 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>BTW, it's not Addihif, it's Hifaddi.
>>:-)
>
>I don't think so. Say it out loud.."Hifaddi".
>Sounds suspiciously middle eastern to me.
>How's IfihadanAddi?
>Like "If I had a million dollars..."
>
Now you've done it old friend.

You have exposed your aversion to all things that sound middle eastern.

If I were you, I'd get someoneto start tasting your food for you and also to start your car for you from now on.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]