Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

chips change care
Ahriman Posted: Wed Aug 27 08:22:35 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So if someone has a two pair and someone else says they have a three sevens but doesn't realize they beat the two pair and put their cards down facedown without ever turning them over and puts their hands up. In reality, who won? (let it be known that the person only ever called out their hand, nobody ever saw the two sevens he had in his hand).

dilemma 2.
Someone puts down a two pair and calls two pair. Someone else puts down a king which makes the straight but calls king-high. Who won?

beetlebum Posted: Wed Aug 27 10:28:11 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dilemma 1: i say the guy with the two pair, because the lad with the three sevens made such a schoolboy error. in cards, it's more about the bluff and less about what is actually in your hand.

Dilemma 2: i have no idea.

ps: all of your talk of alaska sounds amazing. i hope you are taking loads and loads of photos. loads.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 27 11:50:23 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  They guy that took the chips was the winner.

FN Posted: Wed Aug 27 12:02:12 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1: 2 pairs, obviously

2: depends on whether anybody calls it out

Whenever I play in a tournament (sounds heavier than they are) people know that when somebody hasn't spotted what they have in their own hand you don't tell it to them; if you can't play the game you shouldn't be doing it for money.

If it's somebody who's just learning we usually let them have a full list of hands with them / tell them when they missed something.

These aren't dilemma's!

Here's a dilemma:

heads or tails?

addi Posted: Wed Aug 27 13:21:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dude!
You're in Alaska. You should be doing your chef thing, and playing outdoors when you have a spare moment. No card playing for you! What a monumental waste of the brief time in that gorgeous place.

Everything I know about poker I learned from watching the movie Rounders. Unfortunately neither of your examples came up.
: )

Ahriman Posted: Thu Aug 28 04:19:34 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There's nothing else to do at 2am while laundry is in the machine...well. ;)

Ahriman Posted: Thu Aug 28 04:51:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=207802724

my facebook is loaded with alaska pics.

addi Posted: Thu Aug 28 06:31:03 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=207802724
>
>my facebook is loaded with alaska pics.

Dang. Was anxious to look at those, but it just brings me to your teaser page, saying I have to have a Facebook account to view your page.

So right now I'm imagining what your photos would look like in my mind. So far my two favorites are the one of you running down the street in your boxers with a kitchen knife in hand chasing a moose, and the shot of you with the tail of a salmon in your mouth while a grizzly has the head of it in his mouth, trying to take it from you.

FN Posted: Thu Aug 28 07:58:25 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, facebook sucks

Ahriman Posted: Fri Aug 29 08:09:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hey, everyone! Something is outside my building...and it sounds like a bear...

I'm so druunk.

honestly, there is a bear outside my building. fuck. so tired. lseepy time :)

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Aug 29 11:46:35 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>hey, everyone! Something is outside my building...and it sounds like a bear...
>
>
>I'm so druunk.
>
>honestly, there is a bear outside my building. fuck. so tired. lseepy time :)
>
So go out and tell that bear to shut the fuck up so you can get some sleep.

Also show him your recipe for bear stew.
:-)

Kira Posted: Fri Aug 29 19:43:10 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am uncomfortable with bears.

kurohyou Posted: Sat Aug 30 23:01:14 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I had a bear call a few weeks ago. We had a big one, about the size of the dumpster it was climbing in, millling around one of the resort villages while a conference was in town. So we were called in to scare it off.

We carry these things called bear poppers, which are basically m1000 fire crackers which we light and toss in the general vincinity and the bear takes off.

Well my partner, who shall forever be recalled to as Throws-like-a-girl, lights this thing and side arms it. he fails to let go of it in a timely manner and the thing flies right past my face, the sparks from the fuse hit my face, and lands 10 feet to my left and explodes.

I told Throw's-Like-A-Girl he's lucky that thing had a long fuse or I'd have been pissed. I think the true extent of my anger was masked by the fact that I was laughing so hard I almost peed my pants because his throw was so damn bad.

Some people...

Not that it matters...

Mesh Posted: Sun Aug 31 00:41:05 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I plan on dying fighting a bear.

I'll throw a small child in front of a bear just so I can fight the bear for trying to attack a child, If I have to.

Ahriman Posted: Sun Aug 31 03:29:55 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There was a girl at one of the other lodges that got her scalp ripped off by a grizzly last month on the back deck.

addi Posted: Sun Aug 31 08:43:05 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>There was a girl at one of the other lodges that got her scalp ripped off by a grizzly last month on the back deck.

it's a damn shame meshie wasn't there.

A healthy respect is needed when dealing with bears. They can climb, they can swim, they can out run you, and they are even smarter than some of us.

*Kuro...next time you be the one to throw the firecracker, unless you throw like a girl too. : )

FN Posted: Sun Aug 31 16:23:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know a guy who misses parts of his fingers from playing with fireworks as a kid.

True story.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]