Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Garfield and Odie are staring at me.
Mesh Posted: Fri Sep 19 00:33:19 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So what the hell have you lot been doing with yourselves lately?

addi Posted: Fri Sep 19 06:54:38 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mostly wondering where the hell you've been.

Posted: Fri Sep 19 10:52:55 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's been pretty busy around here. Had people visiting all summer and just went back to Canada for the weekend to stand in a friend's wedding.

That was weird. starting to feel old.

PackMan Posted: Fri Sep 19 12:34:14 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I feel ya, most of my friends have moved/got married...I have been in two weddings and gone to 5 of my friends weddings, and all I do is attempt to down as many bottles of wine as I can before the night ends. I don't know, I am sure it is my fear of commitment that does it.

addi Posted: Fri Sep 19 13:23:08 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No rush, Howi. When the time and right person comes along you'll know it. For some it happens sooner, and for others later.
My youngest brother went through all the usual ups and downs with relationships. When he actually kind of stopped trying he ended up meeting a wonderful woman. That happened when he was 32. He's now very happily married and the father of a beautiful 2 year old.

Christophe's going to wait until he's 45 to tie the knot. : )

Kira Posted: Fri Sep 19 20:07:32 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Trying not to waste my free time but have reached that "I'm sick of my own uncreative trash" stage in writing. So now I am posting on GT when I should be folding laundry.

It's almost autumn and I'm SOO homesick.

libra Posted: Fri Sep 19 22:12:00 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have been completely overwhelmed by school. But I think I'm learning to manage it now.
I'm working on a thesis proposal for a grant, and doing a LOT of reading.
Today was a nice day because I found a lost german shepherd who was really sweet and happy to see me and I got to spend some time with him before animal control came to get him. I miss having a dog around.

Ahriman Posted: Sat Sep 20 03:00:26 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Today was a nice day because I found a lost german shepherd who was really sweet and happy to see me and I got to spend some time with him before animal control came to get him. I miss having a dog around.

I found a big ol' bloodhound last night and I recognized him from down in the town. A buddy and I got a ride and brought him down to the Fairview (local bar...it was 1am so it was the only place open). We found someone that knew the owner and he took him off our hands. Since we were there...

I'm leaving Alaska in a week. Very much looking forward to getting back to NY. Got my tattoo over the weekend at Larry Allen's Tattoo in Anchorage. Work has had a lot of ups and downs lately. Mostly downs. Just happy it's only for a few more days. I have no idea what I'm going to do next. Maybe get a job at some restaurant in NY for a little while. Looking at seasonal positions in other places. Halloween is coming up again so maybe I'll do my October tradition at the House of Horrors.

choke Posted: Sun Sep 21 20:54:07 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hmmm. Made it into the student newspaper on Thursday night (it's the student night in town) and also got a shout out on the student radio today for the same reason, although that was more because my friend was DJing there.

Went to a 21st this Saturday as well, 7 hour bus ride there and 7 hours back but entirely worth it. We used to be penpals when we were little :D

Hmm what else. Rather ill once again. Got a horrible fever and an assignment due at 3pm.. It is now.. 1pm.

Despite this am enjoying my life :D

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Sep 22 02:58:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I started feeling a little poorly while sitting on the couch watching Ryder Cup action.
Went to bed very early (6:00) and laid there and waited for the inevitable.
Got up around 8:00 and threw up what seemed like a gallon of bile. Great stuff that bile. Now I'm all better, just very very tired.

iggy Posted: Mon Sep 22 15:30:12 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  this is strange,

i just posted a similar reply but then, the thread title here was rather misleading...
but oh well... might as well reply since i think i owe GT many posts while i was gone.

i come in once in a while to lurk and see how things are with you guys but when i finish reading, work or my students kidnap me from posting a reply.

i'm still teaching film and video and oversee 24 film projects per semester plus about 15 more for film festivals and competitions.

it's rather fulfilling as i guide these kids along to pursue their dreams and always remember what was said to me 4 1/2 years ago when i decided to pursue my dreams.

i had a meeting with a studio about a month ago on some of the projects i have been playing around in my head and finally been given a healthy budget to gather the cast and crew for a feature film.

it's a romantic comedy, funny since i don't think i have been romantic or funny for a while.

but i have already casted for my leading male and female roles and are still casting for some supporting ones.
have been scripting since then and doing the pre-production.

the production will start about july next year and will be out in the cinemas probably during the christmas period.

the studios will be speaking to overseas distributors so hopefully it will come to a screen near all of you :)

oh yeah, i'll be doing 3 feature films in the next 3 years.

at the same time, i'm the camera crew for a dive program. i will be shooting the pilot this december in the phillipines

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Sep 22 16:19:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mister maroon said:
>this is strange,
>
>i just posted a similar reply but then, the thread title here was rather misleading...
>but oh well... might as well reply since i think i owe GT many posts while i was gone.
>
>i come in once in a while to lurk and see how things are with you guys but when i finish reading, work or my students kidnap me from posting a reply.
>
>i'm still teaching film and video and oversee 24 film projects per semester plus about 15 more for film festivals and competitions.
>
>it's rather fulfilling as i guide these kids along to pursue their dreams and always remember what was said to me 4 1/2 years ago when i decided to pursue my dreams.
>
>i had a meeting with a studio about a month ago on some of the projects i have been playing around in my head and finally been given a healthy budget to gather the cast and crew for a feature film.
>
>it's a romantic comedy, funny since i don't think i have been romantic or funny for a while.
>
>but i have already casted for my leading male and female roles and are still casting for some supporting ones.
>have been scripting since then and doing the pre-production.
>
>the production will start about july next year and will be out in the cinemas probably during the christmas period.
>
>the studios will be speaking to overseas distributors so hopefully it will come to a screen near all of you :)
>
>oh yeah, i'll be doing 3 feature films in the next 3 years.
>
>at the same time, i'm the camera crew for a dive program. i will be shooting the pilot this december in the phillipines
>
Sounds awesome Chanz.
It looks like you get to live your dream finally. Does your dad still think you should come back to the family business ?
Are you still planning on your beach hut someday ?

addi Posted: Mon Sep 22 18:11:09 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mister maroon said:
>it's a romantic comedy, funny since i don't think i have been romantic or funny for a while.

Just what the doc ordered then, eh. The tonic to cure what ails ya.

And I'll answer hif's question for you.
Yes, he's still getting the beach house in Perth, with a thatched roof, lots of white sand, and the ocean 50 feet away. We'll all get invites, just as soon as chan makes it big...which could be any day now.
: )

iggy Posted: Tue Sep 23 18:12:17 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Sounds awesome Chanz.
>It looks like you get to live your dream finally. Does your dad still think you should come back to the family business ?
>Are you still planning on your beach hut someday ?

the dad still wants me to go back and the folks still give me shit for doing this once in a while but i have learnt to deal with it.

beach hut, well not for the next few years. i still have plans having one somewhere, not just for surf but also for diving. i have kind of fallen in love with the peace underwater so the ocean and the beach is still a place i would love to be near to.

iggy Posted: Tue Sep 23 18:15:11 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>Just what the doc ordered then, eh. The tonic to cure what ails ya.
>
>And I'll answer hif's question for you.
>Yes, he's still getting the beach house in Perth, with a thatched roof, lots of white sand, and the ocean 50 feet away. We'll all get invites, just as soon as chan makes it big...which could be any day now.
>: )

haha. i'm not so sure about making it big. never thought about fame and the works at all.
i'm just doing my best in making life worth living for.

how's things over at your end addi?

addi Posted: Wed Sep 24 07:21:41 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mister maroon said:
>how's things over at your end addi?

Mostly fucked up at the moment. I'm taking a Zorba the Greek attitude about it all though...shrugging my shoulders, looking up to heaven and smiling, and dancing. It gets me through the day.

Mesh Posted: Sat Sep 27 15:24:08 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Shoot, I forgot I made this topic.

I've been working mostly, and trying to find the courage to be happy. And drinking.

mat_j Posted: Wed Oct 15 16:20:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>mister maroon said:
>>how's things over at your end addi?
>
>Mostly fucked up at the moment. I'm taking a Zorba the Greek attitude about it all though...shrugging my shoulders, looking up to heaven and smiling, and dancing. It gets me through the day.
>

What a beautiful way to take things brother Addi.

Basil: I don't want any trouble.
Alexis Zorba: Life is trouble. Only death is not. To be alive is to undo your belt and *look* for trouble.

addi Posted: Wed Oct 15 19:40:20 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>Basil: I don't want any trouble.
>Alexis Zorba: Life is trouble. Only death is not. To be alive is to undo your belt and *look* for trouble.

Lately I don't need to look for trouble. It's doing a fine job finding me. Anyway I never wear a belt. : )

thanks, mat_j

mat_j Posted: Thu Oct 16 04:27:17 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I didn't used to need a belt but since i became single i can't seem to keep my trousers up....

sorry about that my bawdy 1970's British sex comedy gene just activiated for no reason.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Oct 16 06:06:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>I didn't used to need a belt but since i became single i can't seem to keep my trousers up....
>
>
>sorry about that my bawdy 1970's British sex comedy gene just activiated for no reason.
>
Go Benny Hill !

addi Posted: Thu Oct 16 08:18:51 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Reminds me I went to a play called "No Sex Please, We're British" in the mid seventies.
Decided I had to go visit Britain after that, and discovered it wasn't really like that there.

mat_j Posted: Fri Oct 17 04:42:22 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh yes, that's a terrible play!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]