Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

Drive Down Dangerously
Ahriman Posted: Thu Sep 25 07:58:10 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I currently drive a Saturn SW but I'm planning on buying a Honda CR-V when I get home. If not that, a Toyota Tacoma or Chevy S-10. What are you driving? What do you wish you were driving? Can you drive? Why are you staring at my feet?


 
libra Posted: Thu Sep 25 12:50:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Driving: 2004 Honda Civic
Wish I drove: Toyota Prius or 2008 Honda Civic hybrid.

I'm just really excited to get a car someday that has automatic locks and windows, and a hook up for my ipod.


 
FN Posted: Thu Sep 25 12:59:36 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>hybrid.
>
>I'm just really excited to get a car someday that has ... and a hook up for my ipod.

Hippy!


 
libra Posted: Thu Sep 25 13:47:24 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>libra said:
>>hybrid.
>>
>>I'm just really excited to get a car someday that has ... and a hook up for my ipod.
>
>Hippy!

Its hippie, thank you very much. And I think the hippies would be offended to have you count me in their ranks.


 
addi Posted: Thu Sep 25 13:53:22 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Why are you staring at my feet?

you need to clip your toenails.


Driving the 'lil sports car in my avatar pic. A 2000 miataSE MX5 (Eunos overseas). Not very practical for hauling stuff around in, but out of all the cars I've owned in my life it's my very favoritest one. I tell you there is nothing like having the top down on a beautiful fall day and feeling the wind in your hair rush by...especially on the curvey mountain roads just north of here.
What's really surprising to me is that for the first time I'm actually enjoying getting into the mechanics of car maintenence. I like hauling my tools out and getting my hands dirty, which is very unlike me. So far I've literally saved hundreds and hundreds of $ by doing what I can myself, plus it's just a very good feeling to fix something yourself.

It goes without saying though that while I'm trying to do it I cuss like a sailor.
: (


 
iggy Posted: Thu Sep 25 16:40:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  suzuki swift on the weekdays

the beetle is driven by the brother in law these days... i take it out for a spin on the weekends


 
Kira Posted: Thu Sep 25 22:02:14 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I used to drive a Saturn and I hated it. Wicked, treacherous creature.

Now happily driving a 2001 Honda Accord V6. If I could change anything about it I would give it four doors and maybe take away the leather seats, but all in all it's a wonderful car and I'm pleased with it.

On second thought if I could change anything about it I'd have it run on water.


 
sweet p Posted: Thu Sep 25 23:18:03 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i drive a luxurious H2 SUV. it is so safe and cool and awesome and i wouldn't change anything about it.

on days when i can't afford the gas for my sweet ride, i take my vintage Raleigh bicycle out for some tricks. she could do with a cleaning, otherwise she's perfect for her job.


 
Posted: Thu Sep 25 23:40:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  your mom.


 
choke Posted: Fri Sep 26 01:51:17 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can't drive :D

So many people have tried to teach me, but I'm absolutely terrified of it and have never been above 3rd gear!

It's okay for now because I can walk or take buses everywhere I need to go, but I am sure it will become a problem soon.


 
Mark Posted: Fri Sep 26 03:32:36 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Driving: Peugeot 308 XS
Wish: None in particular, quite happy with my car actually.


 
addi Posted: Fri Sep 26 07:56:22 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>i drive a luxurious H2 SUV. it is so safe and cool and awesome and i wouldn't change anything about it.

I hope you have the spinning chrome wheels on it and a monster subwoofer in the back, to blast out all your bitchin' tunes for people in a mile radius to enjoy!
: )

>on days when i can't afford the gas for my sweet ride, i take my vintage Raleigh bicycle out for some tricks. she could do with a cleaning, otherwise she's perfect for her job.

Speaking of gas...anyone else having troubles getting it? For the past couple weeks it's been scarce here in Atlanta. Lots of brilliant folks driving on empty looking for a station that still has some left, and often running out while looking. If you're lucky enough to find it then you have to get all aggressive trying to get in a line of cars at the pumps. Lots of fun!


 
ifihadahif Posted: Fri Sep 26 08:53:48 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>Speaking of gas...anyone else having troubles getting it? For the past couple weeks it's been scarce here in Atlanta. Lots of brilliant folks driving on empty looking for a station that still has some left, and often running out while looking. If you're lucky enough to find it then you have to get all aggressive trying to get in a line of cars at the pumps. Lots of fun!
>
You can give thanks to Ike for that bit of fun.


 
Mesh Posted: Sat Sep 27 13:56:20 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  2007 Volkswagen Jetta


 
PackMan Posted: Sun Sep 28 01:46:25 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
 


addi said:
>Speaking of gas...anyone else having troubles getting it? For the past couple weeks it's been scarce here in Atlanta. Lots of brilliant folks driving on empty looking for a station that still has some left, and often running out while looking. If you're lucky enough to find it then you have to get all aggressive trying to get in a line of cars at the pumps. Lots of fun!

Most of the Western part of NC has out "outages" for the past few weeks. My dad was supposed to visit this weekend, but he could not fill up in Hickory to get to Raleigh. Even some places in Raleigh have started to show some loss. I drive a Mazda Tribute SUV, I got it for when I was a backpacking guide, my Protege could not make it up the 4WD roads in CO and NM. Now I am wishing I had that little 4banger back...but I ride my bike to class, or the bus, so it is not bothering me that much to not have gas.


 
misszero Posted: Tue Sep 30 09:31:29 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i drive an '01 mazda metro. officially the ugliest car i've ever seen. its great. but it has 4 doors, and i can fit 4 huge dudes in it (+ me). of course, this does mean that i often get stuck being the deso. (designated driver, for those of you who aren't bogans). seriously, i put like AUD$10 a week in that mofo and never hit empty. i haven't beought petrol in a month cos i filled 'er right up last time


 
mat_j Posted: Wed Oct 1 11:48:12 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I walk everywhere... EVERYWHERE... My father is a driving instructor, what can i say? I rebelled!


 
addi Posted: Wed Oct 1 11:56:35 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>I walk everywhere... EVERYWHERE... My father is a driving instructor, what can i say? I rebelled!

good for you young man...good for you.
Thought about you the other night watching a movie called "Once". Great movie. Okay, so it wasn't exactly in Wales, but Ireland is in your neck of the woods...sort of. Well, ya'll look alike to me anyway.
: )


 
Kira Posted: Thu Oct 2 19:20:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think of Mat whenever I see or hear a banjo.


 
misszero Posted: Thu Oct 2 21:54:24 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>I think of Mat whenever I see or hear a banjo.

i'm so glad i'm not the only one


 
Mesh Posted: Sun Oct 5 02:24:23 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>mat_j said:
>>
>
>good for you young man...good for you.
>Thought about you the other night watching a movie called "Once". Great movie. Okay, so it wasn't exactly in Wales, but Ireland is in your neck of the woods...sort of. Well, ya'll look alike to me anyway.
>: )

An excellent movie. I saw the Swell Season two nights in a row. They were great :)


 
mat_j Posted: Wed Oct 8 03:46:10 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>mat_j said:
>>I walk everywhere... EVERYWHERE... My father is a driving instructor, what can i say? I rebelled!
>
>good for you young man...good for you.
>Thought about you the other night watching a movie called "Once". Great movie. Okay, so it wasn't exactly in Wales, but Ireland is in your neck of the woods...sort of. Well, ya'll look alike to me anyway.
>: )

Oh don't worry about it, i saw City of God, i never realised you Americans had it so bad. >:-)





 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]