Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Slow new s day chuck
mat_j Posted: Thu Oct 16 04:38:00 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Is the credit crunch forcing us to conserve bandwidth on here or something?

I'm starting a new thread.

Oh i already did........

Ummm

New movies- anybody seen any good ones (Don't need to be NEW movies just movies you just saw).

mat_j Posted: Thu Oct 16 04:56:48 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Films what i have seen

Together (Tillsammans)- Lukas Moodysson.
My friend Tess is getting me into Swedish cinema (No not that type of Swedish cinema) and started with this delighful little outing before we starting on to the more depressing stuff. This film is ace, it's about a woman and her two kids who have to leave her abuse husband and move in with her brother in his hippie commune. Not a lot happens but is deeply satisfying all the same.

Wickerman- Robin Hardy.
Ok the citizen Kane of horror movies eh? What the fuck? Is someone using voodoo on the audience or something. I'm not convinced, i keep thinking, it was good in it's own way, but it's such a horribly twee movie, i had none of this sense of uncomfortablness, i felt none of the build up. Maybe i've been spoon fed to many American horror movies that have raised my expectations of spectacle too high... but frankly i was more scared of Witch finder general and the Devil Rides out... Can you even count the wickerman as a horror movie, i mean i see more horror in 20 minutes of the wire than in the entire film.

I mean fuck! It's not even that well shot, it just doesn't seem impressive at all, this legendary soundtrack it's supposed to have is actually awful and i love folk music, my housemate doesn't but he likes it, it's worse than fiddlers dram on too much brown ale or something.

addi Posted: Thu Oct 16 08:14:53 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Once (thumbs up)

The Other Boleyn Girl (thumbs down)

Blue State (thumbs down)

Dan in Real Life (thumbs up)

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (thumbs up)

libra Posted: Thu Oct 16 20:58:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Re-watched Amelie (made me very happy)

Re-watched A Very Long Engagement (made me cry and then made me happy)

Saw My Blueberry Nights (didn't find it to be very good.)

Saw Ironman (which I found fun, probably cause I think Robert Downey Jr. is kinda hot.)

Started watching Madmen with my boyfriend (it makes me angry at men...so throughout the show my boyfriend gets punched in the arm for simply being male. He's a good sport about it though.)

Kira Posted: Thu Oct 16 22:11:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A few weeks ago I watched Empire of the Sun for the first time. I loved it, it was so sweet and sad, and Christian Bale's performance was amazing. The book is now on my to-read list.

Also recently watched Bernard and Doris. It was worth watching, the characters were very interesting and mostly likable, in spite of Susan Sarandon being the devil. I like stories about friendship.

mat_j Posted: Fri Oct 17 03:32:53 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>
>Started watching Madmen with my boyfriend (it makes me angry at men...so throughout the show my boyfriend gets punched in the arm for simply being male. He's a good sport about it though.)
>
>

Yeah, they're a real bunch of asses!

Amazing showing, very damning view of the time.

Also Amelie is amazing!

innocenceNonus Posted: Fri Oct 17 20:52:17 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey friends,

Sex and the City [kinda hated it]
Syriana [good, but i don't know if i could watch it again]
Into the Wild [very good but another one i don't think i could watch again]
Wall-E [cried through the whole thing; it was SO BEAUTIFUL]
Harold and Kumar 2 [useless]
BATMAN [SO GOOD-- saw it twice in theaters... maybe even three? i forget.]
Choke [not bad. i liked it but i thought the pacing was a little off.]
Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels [great. loved the parallels with snatch. apparently, another one's due out soon]
A good amount of Brideshead Revisited [really wished i finished it. for the amount i watched, really beautiful.]

Much love. sorry i haven't been around. graduating and finishing a last minute major. : (

Kira Posted: Fri Oct 17 22:14:54 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi Innocence! Good to see you. :)

misszero Posted: Sat Oct 18 01:44:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i tried watching into the wild recently, but i had to turn it off. it was hurting too much falling so in love with emile. argh. he's like the sun, so amazing, but so painful to look at.

heh.

addi Posted: Sat Oct 18 06:43:28 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  innocenceNonus said:

>Much love. sorry i haven't been around. graduating and finishing a last minute major. : (

Last minute majors come in handy.

When you get a breather let us know what your plans are after graduating. Congratulations btw.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Oct 18 11:08:36 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>innocenceNonus said:
>
>>Much love. sorry i haven't been around. graduating and finishing a last minute major. : (
>
>Last minute majors come in handy.
>
>When you get a breather let us know what your plans are after graduating. Congratulations btw.
>
Glad to hear you're doing a major, maybe after graduation you can do a colonel.
:-)

addi Posted: Sat Oct 18 18:01:30 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Glad to hear you're doing a major, maybe after graduation you can do a colonel.
>:-)

LOL!
innocence isn't that type of girl. I believe it's majors, generals, or admirals only.

erikagm Posted: Sun Oct 19 01:01:26 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  These are OLD, but bear with me...

Just re-watched

Escape to Witch Mountain (and fell in love with it over again)
Bedknobs and Broomsticks (ditto)
Pollyanna (loved it)

(can you tell I was re-watching films that I loved as a child?)

Finding Nemo (loved it)
The Devil Wears Prada (loved it)
Wanted (LOVED Angelina Jolie)
Hancock (good flick)
You Dont Mess with the Zohan (made me laugh)
The Cat in the Hat (too much adult humor in a kid's movie for my liking)
The Happening (meh)
Penelope (it was OK)
Over Her Dead Body (kind of meh)
Kung Fu Panda (liked it)
Unrest (crappy film, totally unreal.. The scene with the formaldehyde tank could TOTALLY not happen)
Indiana Jones (it was fun watching the continuation of films I loved as a kid)
Georgia Rule (liked it despite myself)
Boy A (hard to follow the storyline)
Aeon Flux (liked it)

So there you have it.

breeze Posted: Sun Oct 19 17:42:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Quarantine (scared the shit out of me)
Burn After Reading (weird, funny and shocking, i still can't believe the scene with Brad Pitt in the closet)
Vickie Christina Barcelona (loved it)
Priceless (loved it as well)

Mouse Posted: Sun Oct 19 23:07:08 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lilies of the Field
Sunshine
Ghost Town
The Man From Earth

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]