Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

HA HA ! !
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Nov 16 08:38:12 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What a clusterfuck . . .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/11/16/do1610.xml

PackMan Posted: Sun Nov 16 09:58:48 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ok, so global warming is still up in the air then? Does that mean we should not be investing in wind, solar, and nuclear (well, nuclear is a hot topic as well)? Should we not be supporting hybrids, natural gas, electric cars and getting rid of our dependance on oil, foreign and domestic? Just because global warming has been the argument on the frontline for the enviornmentalists, it does not mean that the measures they want taken are not valid. We should be trying to improve our world, and by reducing the amount of pollutants we release and conflicts over non-renewable resources can only be a step in the right direction.

FN Posted: Sun Nov 16 10:15:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm personally all for nuclear and letting the market take care of "green" power and nuclear power afterwards; it's getting there.

addi Posted: Sun Nov 16 10:28:24 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  PackMan said:
>Ok, so global warming is still up in the air then? Does that mean we should not be investing in wind, solar, and nuclear (well, nuclear is a hot topic as well)? Should we not be supporting hybrids, natural gas, electric cars and getting rid of our dependance on oil, foreign and domestic?

The last thing we need is common sense when it comes to this issue, Howi. ; )

Hiffer resides in a traditionally "red" state where the lucky residents are immune to any global warming effects.

http://addisontoons.blogspot.com/2008/05/some-like-it-hot.html

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Nov 16 13:17:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  PackMan said:
>Ok, so global warming is still up in the air then? Does that mean we should not be investing in wind, solar, and nuclear (well, nuclear is a hot topic as well)? Should we not be supporting hybrids, natural gas, electric cars and getting rid of our dependance on oil, foreign and domestic? Just because global warming has been the argument on the frontline for the enviornmentalists, it does not mean that the measures they want taken are not valid. We should be trying to improve our world, and by reducing the amount of pollutants we release and conflicts over non-renewable resources can only be a step in the right direction.
>
Actually I think we should be investing in every form of alternative engergy we can find. Global warming has nothing to do with finding alternative energy sources.

I support using our tax dollars to research all forms of alternative energy and I think we should drill ANWR and explore shale oil and coal oil technologies because our dependance on fossil fuels is not going to go away in our lifetime.

My problem with global warming and global warming alarmists is that It is only a theory and a very shaky one at that and I don't want it shoved down my throat and I don't want my tax dollars going to support it.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Nov 16 13:22:10 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>PackMan said:
>>Ok, so global warming is still up in the air then? Does that mean we should not be investing in wind, solar, and nuclear (well, nuclear is a hot topic as well)? Should we not be supporting hybrids, natural gas, electric cars and getting rid of our dependance on oil, foreign and domestic?
>
>The last thing we need is common sense when it comes to this issue, Howi. ; )
>
>Hiffer resides in a traditionally "red" state where the lucky residents are immune to any global warming effects.
>
>http://addisontoons.blogspot.com/2008/05/some-like-it-hot.html
>
The guy in that barcalounger looks nothing like me.
:-)

addi Posted: Sun Nov 16 15:37:43 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Global warming has nothing to do with finding alternative energy sources.

because as we all know burning fossil fuel is good for the air, and is proven to lessen greenhouse gases.

>and I don't want it shoved down my throat

nothing and no one is shoving it down your throat. Raising caution and concerns that it's accelerating the greenhouse affect? Yes, but at this point the "greenies" haven't done a single damn thing to negatively impact your daily life.

>The guy in that barcalounger looks nothing like me

It's Christophe....20 years from now (he gets fed up with the darkies and muslims in Europe and moves to Kentucky).

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Nov 17 02:44:16 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>Global warming has nothing to do with finding alternative energy sources.
>
>because as we all know burning fossil fuel is good for the air, and is proven to lessen greenhouse gases.
>
And it still has nothing to do with global warming and whether or not it may be caused by man.
>
>>and I don't want it shoved down my throat
>
>nothing and no one is shoving it down your throat. Raising caution and concerns that it's accelerating the greenhouse affect? Yes, but at this point the "greenies" haven't done a single damn thing to negatively impact your daily life.
>
The mere fact that we are having this conversation for the gazillionth time says you're wrong.

>>The guy in that barcalounger looks nothing like me
>
>It's Christophe....20 years from now (he gets fed up with the darkies and muslims in Europe and moves to Kentucky).
>
He would like it here. We have guns and we make bourbon.

FN Posted: Tue Nov 18 13:03:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just might.

and on a totally unrelated note:

http://businesssheet.alleyinsider.com/2008/11/somali-pirates-holding-14-ships-with-250-men-hostage

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]