Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Miataless : (
addi Posted: Sat Nov 22 10:30:01 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Was driving into town last evening to hit my usual friday night mexican resturant and right in front of a local college a student took a left turn in front of me. Didn't slow down; in fact I don't think he had a clue I was coming towards him. So in order to avoid directly hitting his passenger side head on I swirved to the right. Missed him, but ran the car up on to a high curb. I could hear the underside metal screetching across the concrete curb.
I managed to talk to 2 women in a car that had stopped to see if I was okay. They told me they saw the whole thing. One offered to give me her name and number in case I needed her as a witness (glad I got that as it turned out). So 40 minutes later standing out in the freezing cold here a cop finally shows up. He talks to the student and then comes over to ask me what happened. It turns out he got an entirely different story from him. So because I was alert enough to avoid smashing into his VW it's now entirely up to the insurance companies as to who's responsible. The cop tried to reach my witness but she didn't answer. What she tells them is critical for my case to the insurance company.
Because I didn't hit him the cop said Georgia treats it as a non-collision accident. The other driver wasn't even "behind the wheel". It's his story against mine unless they reach the witness and she can verifies my side of the event.
In the meantime my car got towed, and won't even get looked at till Monday.

I know...could have been much worse, but damn I'm pissed off.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Nov 22 11:24:14 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Apparently the insurance guys would rather that you plowed the bastard.
No matter . . .

Go have a beer and a sheep.
That'll settle you right down.
:-)

addi Posted: Sat Nov 22 14:23:00 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Go have a beer and a sheep.

in that order?
: )

Posted: Sat Nov 22 14:37:48 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry Addi, I feel for you but I couldn't resist:

http://whitewhine.tumblr.com/

addi Posted: Sat Nov 22 15:48:26 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Complaint #322
Why don't other people care about my personal misfortunes?!

sweet p Posted: Sat Nov 22 16:11:11 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sucks to be you, addi.
i'm glad you're okay though.

Mesh Posted: Sat Nov 22 17:35:32 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Apparently the insurance guys would rather that you plowed the bastard.
>No matter . . .
>
>

Yep. I had a slightly similar situation, and since I did not hit the other car(which sped off, and I wasn't able to get a plate number)and instead smashed into a high curb, I didn't see squat! I'm so glad I dish out that money to the insurance guys.......I had to buy a new car all on my own dollar :( Sorry to hear that addi, hopefully the insurance and everything works out in your favour. I'm very glad you're alright though! That's what really matters in the long run. :(

Mesh Posted: Sat Nov 22 17:36:21 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Shit!

My :( was supposed to be a :)

:) :) :) :)

beetlebum Posted: Sat Nov 22 19:57:38 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm sorry to hear about that! it sounds like the story of a friend who put out a fire at her work (some punks set a fire in a rubbish bin right outside the front door) and the fire department tried to charge her for the clean up of the white extinguisher stuff, and got angry that she used the fire extinguisher was used when the fire department was right around the corner.

having her describe her fight with the fire department was ridiculous. i mean, she saw flames rising up, her customers were upset and would not leave by the front door, so she calmly grabbed the fire extinguisher and put the fire out after calling 911. and yet the fire department tried to charge her with the cleanup? LAME.

anyway, glad you are okay.

i know you don't speak french, but i love this little video (les hippopotames!) and it might cheer you up.

http://vimeo.com/2113477?pg=embed&sec=2113477

FN Posted: Sun Nov 23 07:00:14 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>http://vimeo.com/2113477?pg=embed&sec=2113477

Strangely enough she looks remarkably like an ex-gf of mine (aside from an age difference of about 7-8 years lol).

Also addi, in your case I'd say it's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

addi Posted: Sun Nov 23 07:21:39 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
>i know you don't speak french, but i love this little video (les hippopotames!) and it might cheer you up.

>http://vimeo.com/2113477?pg=embed&sec=2113477

What large eyes! Such a cutie. Great story.."And they got chicken-box" lol!

And thanks meshie, and sweet p too.
I cracked up at your post, P. Had this vision of you visiting a sick friend in the hospital and wanting to offer words of comfort, but all that comes out is, "Sucks to be you". : )

I'm mostly just pissed that the guy didn't man up and be honest. He wanted to cover his own butt so tells the cop a story that makes it difficult for me now. In hindsight it would have been better for me if I had hit his car. Now I'm sweating bullets that my witness comes through for me tomorrow, or I'll have to make a claim on my insurance (which will most likely make my premium go up), plus come up with the deductible.

It doesn't help that I get all depressed and angry about this and then my conscious shouts at me,
"Oh will you please just shut the fuck up and stop whining! It's a car..a stupid damn car. There are millions of people facing life threatening situations out there and you're full of self-pity about your precious Miata. Get over it!"

I guess the lesson for me in all this is it's not a good thing to become too attached to an inanimate object.

Tomorrow or tuesday I should have a good idea how this is going to play out. If it's good news I'll be back here smiling and jumping for joy and writing things like "WhooHoo! God, I love life!".
If it's bad news no doubt I'll be super pissed and complaining and whining that life is so unfair and bitching about how much I hate people.

addi Posted: Sun Nov 23 07:22:59 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:

>Also addi, in your case I'd say it's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Dang. I ran out of kick-ass about 8 years ago.

libra Posted: Mon Nov 24 14:10:57 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>beetlebum said:
>>http://vimeo.com/2113477?pg=embed&sec=2113477
>
>Strangely enough she looks remarkably like an ex-gf of mine (aside from an age difference of about 7-8 years lol).
>

Was the girl you were dating 11 or 12 years old?!

She is adorable though.

Sorry to hear about your car troubles addi...I have found that car situations are one of the most annoying things in life. I hope things turn out okay.

FN Posted: Mon Nov 24 14:13:52 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Was the girl you were dating 11 or 12 years old?!

No she was about 17 at the time and had the big puppy/bambi eyes thing going more than anybody else I've ever encountered, which is what attracted me to her. Men like their women helpless.

Speaking of which, I'm considering hopping back into a relationship but meh. If anything interesting happens I'll let you guys know.

libra Posted: Mon Nov 24 16:42:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>
>Speaking of which, I'm considering hopping back into a relationship but meh. If anything interesting happens I'll let you guys know.

You might be the most frustratingly pragmatic person I've ever 'met.'
What about the whole find someone you really like and might love and everything they do is golden and you can't help but want to be with them as often as possible thing?!

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Nov 24 19:21:50 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Christophe said:
>>
>>Speaking of which, I'm considering hopping back into a relationship but meh. If anything interesting happens I'll let you guys know.
>
>You might be the most frustratingly pragmatic person I've ever 'met.'
>What about the whole find someone you really like and might love and everything they do is golden and you can't help but want to be with them as often as possible thing?!
>
Good luck with that fairy tale.

>
>

FN Posted: Mon Nov 24 19:28:37 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>What about the whole find someone you really like and might love and everything they do is golden and you can't help but want to be with them as often as possible thing?!

Don't get me wrong, I've "loved" before in the way most people define it, but.

The people who are to you the object of your love (in a sexual non-bloodline family sense) are entirely interchangable within that function. "Love" isn't about the person who you're with but almost entirely about what (not "who") that person is to you. There's an enormous difference between those two mechanisms. I'm also weary of people who deny it. Either they're not intellectually honest enough to admit to it or they're just not capable of seeing it, both of which are on similar levels of depravity; that last bit is a value judgement, the other stuff is just a non-moral fact to me. It's not exactly a new insight for humanity either.

My standards for what I'd consider to be love on my own terms instead of what the rest of the world makes of it is, for me at least, only possible I think with somebody who'd be "truly" like me. I think that then, and only then, I could at distant intervals be tricked into believing there's something more to it although I'm at the same time sure we'd make eachother crash and burn.

All that happens in relationships now is me trying to trick myself into thinking it's something more than an essentially faceless person filling a function, but I'm always fully and neutrally conscious of the trickery, during every second of it some part of me is watching and shaking its head in disapproving laughter at the futility of it. I might be going through all the motions but in the end I know that I don't "connect" and as a result can't get myself to care.

It's a bit like there's a core in my mind that does not let go. I don't know what it is and where it comes from, I just "am" and I'm sure of it. There's this ruthless sense of pragmatism with a natural, pure steadfast certainty in "being" that I can't get myself to doubt and puts me in a constant hypersensitive state of mind that is a calm neutrality. I don't really know how I could get this mindset across to other people. I feel like my mind, "I", is the thousand of a second after the big bang in a hovering, burning timeless liquid state, with all its violence and destructive peace embodied in it, locked in that flowing instant where the outward thrust only makes it denser and more intense.

I know how BS that sounds, it gets cheesy if forced into words but the matter it sketches is not dilluted by it.

I haven't really ever come across any love interest who I've seen as a "worthy" equal in terms of how they experience and handle life, I know from experience this sounds horrible to most but that's just how I feel about it, which is not meant as an apology because I don't feel like it needs one.

What all of the above boils down to is that in my relationships of any and all kinds (with exceptions towards a select few of family members) they remain distant and in a sense carelessly unimportant enough to allow me to "flip a switch", it really is that easy if I decide as such, whenever I feel like it and just terminate the whole thing without any real emotion or looking back.

I've thought a lot about it, and in a way I think I'm too much of a romantic to be a romantic, if that makes any sense.

My mind would require "true" love to label something as such, but at the same time keeps anything from being labeled that way and thereby keeps relationships detached. My sense of romance has a hard time building a relationship on that attitude.

The current situation is that I'm in a position where I have a pick of some girls, but they don't know me aside from what one can see in mundane surroundings, so to me it's rather pointless to get into a relationship with either of them.

Imagine that you're together with somebody and you actually fully realise that this which I've written here is the reality of what they feel about it. I can't really do that to somebody; yet at the same time I'm having a sort of "what the hell" attitude towards the whole thing, but it feels like every time I get into relationships like that I betray myself more than them, in a non-dramatic matter of fact sense.

To be honest, even if that makes me crazy I don't think I'd want it any different way. It's not even something megalomaniacal or whatever, it just is as is to my sense of reality.

Does all this make me a "bad" person? I personally don't think it has a moral value.

That concludes this rant, which made me clear my head a little. Tune in next time for some more Straight Talk From The Straightjacket.

Christophe out.

libra Posted: Mon Nov 24 20:04:43 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Christophe said:
>
>
>That concludes this rant, which made me clear my head a little. Tune in next time for some more Straight Talk From The Straightjacket.
>
>Christophe out.

I guess I just opened pandora's box.
But at the same time, I do know what you mean. Or, I think I know what you mean. I think a lot (most?) of people are in relationships for the reasons you are laying out, out of functionality and having this body there, but it doesn't matter who they are. I think it's honorable for you to just own up to it and realize that you can't do that to someone, as lonely as that might be in the long run, I guess.
I'm not as fairy-taleish as people think, but I do think that there are people in the world who can challenge a person and push them and support them in just the right ways that make it work and make them uniquely almost-perfect. But at the same time, I guess there still is self-trickery, at least to get through the rough spots.
But isn't that what it means to be part of this stupid thing we call humanity? Tricking ourselves about the meaning and significance and beauty of everything? Otherwise, what does it all mean?

kurohyou Posted: Mon Nov 24 21:26:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've have cited the other driver... of course I'm biased cuz I know you.

But it sounds like something he could have been cited for.

In CO, if a drivers actions are the proximate cause of an accident, whether the collision is between two vehicles or simply results in a single care collision with an inanimate object, the driver of the cause vehicle is still responsbile, especially if their actions cause the accident.

But you're not in CO and its not in my jurisdiction. However it had been... I got your back...

For what it's worth...

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Nov 24 23:58:31 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>
>I guess I just opened pandora's box.
>But at the same time, I do know what you mean. Or, I think I know what you mean. I think a lot (most?) of people are in relationships for the reasons you are laying out, out of functionality and having this body there, but it doesn't matter who they are. I think it's honorable for you to just own up to it and realize that you can't do that to someone, as lonely as that might be in the long run, I guess.
>I'm not as fairy-taleish as people think, but I do think that there are people in the world who can challenge a person and push them and support them in just the right ways that make it work and make them uniquely almost-perfect. But at the same time, I guess there still is self-trickery, at least to get through the rough spots.
>But isn't that what it means to be part of this stupid thing we call humanity? Tricking ourselves about the meaning and significance and beauty of everything? Otherwise, what does it all mean?
>
Why does it have to mean something ?

libra Posted: Tue Nov 25 02:43:35 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>libra said:

>>
>Why does it have to mean something ?

It doesn't mean anything...but that's the point. We have to give it meaning, as horribly cheesy as that sounds.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 25 05:01:45 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>libra said:
>
>>>
>>Why does it have to mean something ?
>
>It doesn't mean anything...but that's the point. We have to give it meaning, as horribly cheesy as that sounds.
>
Yeah, it does sound kind of cheesy.
I thought maybe you were implying some kind of spirituality or some such.

addi Posted: Tue Nov 25 06:26:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>But you're not in CO and its not in my jurisdiction. However it had been... I got your back...

Thanks, Kuro.
Unfortunately I live in Georgia, where reason and laws don't have to mesh...not a rational state like colorado.

reached my witness yesterday and she was very helpful. Agreed to step up for me when she gets a call from the student's insurance company (Geico)...whom I filed a claim with yesterday.

Meanwhile the car has a fucked up front right suspension from smashing into the curb. Will find out about the rest of the damage after a complete inspection.

libra Posted: Tue Nov 25 13:45:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>libra said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>>libra said:

>>
>Yeah, it does sound kind of cheesy.
>I thought maybe you were implying some kind of spirituality or some such.

Oh god. Spirituality is the last thing that I would talk about. (No offense to any spiritual people)

addi Posted: Tue Dec 9 17:27:07 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Geico (his insurance carrier) officially denied my claim today,even with an impartial 3rd party witness on record verifying my side of the events.

Lesson learned: If you're a careful and defensive driver (very clean driving record) and you manage to avoid hitting another car suddenly turning into your lane, but in the process end up doing major damage to your car..you're totally fucked in the state of Georgia.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 10 10:40:11 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Geico (his insurance carrier) officially denied my claim today,even with an impartial 3rd party witness on record verifying my side of the events.
>
>Lesson learned: If you're a careful and defensive driver (very clean driving record) and you manage to avoid hitting another car suddenly turning into your lane, but in the process end up doing major damage to your car..you're totally fucked in the state of Georgia.
>
It's that little fucking lizard I tells ya !
I knew he wasn't really as cool as he looks on the telly.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]