Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Underscore Undermines Unicorn
mat_j Posted: Wed Dec 3 03:50:29 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello,

Yes i sneakily ripped of Ahriman again.

Thanks for that dude!

What's wrong with you guys, is the credit crisis eating up your internet connections or something? This place is deader than the rheum in Queen Liz's eyes.

What's the story, what you doing?

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 3 06:54:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Had a turkey buzz all week and am in severe danger of going into a turkey coma.

addi Posted: Wed Dec 3 08:00:06 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I hear ya mat. I've tried in the past to inject some life into the place on several occasions and it never really made much of a difference.

When I think back years ago on the activity here from so many different members and compare it with what's going on now...well, it's pathetic. You can pretty much count on one hand the number of regulars here these days, and we all know each other so well it's like spending time at a dysfunctional family get-together.
Deep down I suspect this small remaining group of GTers really cares about each other, but when we're at the dinner table everyones eatin' and no ones talkin'. Those of us left don't have all that much new to say to each other, if ya get my drift.

Ultimately it is what it is. Getting people on board and interested can't be artificially manipulated...people have to want to do it and not be driven to come and post out of a sense of obligation. That's why I've stopped trying myself (it took me a while to comprehend that).
I still check GT every day (out of habit to be honest), but not nearly as regularly as I did, and my slutty posting days here are pretty much gone.

For me there's a small group of you that are really special to me, and it will always keep me checking in on your whereabouts. But I moved on to another forum last year that has a much larger membership and a very active community. It's serves my need to continue my slutty posting ways.
: )

beetlebum Posted: Wed Dec 3 09:01:52 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i've tried to get away from GT (i used to waste so much time here) and i always come back to check on everyone.

there is nothing new with me. life is good. it snowed here this past week so i have been enjoying that Christmas-y feeling, and i'm waiting for the carpet to be replaced so i have yet to put up the tree with the family. meanwhile i'm preparing to take my first CFA exam, ugh. still, i love this time of the year and i am glad i get one more year with my family. i'll be out of the country for new year's eve/day, then i come back the 2nd to entertain some friends flying in that day, then i move all of my belongings to my new flat (in a new city) four days later. i'm looking forward to the madness, but i also know i will be dogtired for the entirety of that week.

but yeah. i'm just busy. it's easy to get caught up in the little everyday stresses that come up. and of course, instead of packing (which is what i got up early to do), i'm here on GT, checking in.

but i suppose there is nothing like coffee and a little GT to start the day, eh? how is everyone else? i am guessing that everyone is doing fantastic things. it seems that everyone always is.

jennemmer Posted: Wed Dec 3 10:11:25 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I check in but just don't have the time or energy to say much. There is something about having to write a 150+ page thesis that really makes me not want to write anything else for any reason.

This weekend I will have been married for 6 months. It has been really awesome so far and I can hardly believe that it has actually been that long.

I'm back living in the frozen north and right now it's, well, frozen. Unsurprisingly the winter coat I bought when I was down in Chicago has not been up to the task ... I am hoping that Christmas will help fix that.

Otherwise, life here is pretty uneventful.

Beetlebum: good luck with the move!

libra Posted: Wed Dec 3 16:10:28 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello.
Yah, I know I've been quite bad about GT.
Writing final papers for my classes. This last semester has been the most stressful, frustrating experience of my life. I'm looking forward to Christmas break.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 3 20:11:44 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Hello.
>Yah, I know I've been quite bad about GT.
>Writing final papers for my classes. This last semester has been the most stressful, frustrating experience of my life. I'm looking forward to Christmas break.
>
Don't you mean Winter break or Holiday break ?
:-)

Kira Posted: Wed Dec 3 23:27:47 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oddly enough, sometimes I'm amazed that I ever posted on GT in the first place, never mind the thousand or so posts that followed.

I read a passage in a book once - I don't remember the title now - explaining a character's quiet nature. It said that he was a man that thought very carefully before he spoke and, after some deliberation, would usually conclude that there was nothing that needed to be said. I often feel that way myself, especially in internet situations, email, discussion forums, etc. I am a much better writer than I am a speaker, and that does help, but unfortunately I still need some practice at deliberation when it comes to live conversation. But I am also learning not to remain silent too much, as is my desire, giving priority to setting people's minds at ease. A lot of people are uncomfortable with silence. If I can come up with some superficial observation or anecdote, even though I will have spoken when I would have preferred to be in thought, and possibly said something stupid or trite, at least I can enjoy that palpable lightening of the mood that 'small talk' always seems to effect.

I still almost always feel that I have nothing to add, either because it is redundant, or I figure that it is of interest only to myself, or because I see the chances of anyone listening to my views as being very small. Still I continue to post here because I do enjoy the exchange of ideas - our brand in particular appeals to me - and somehow I've gotten to be quite comfortable here. Even if sometimes I only seem to be talking to myself, for all the significance, or lack thereof, in some of my posts, yet no one calls me out or insists I quit my squalking, sometimes even encouraging my foolishness. So will merrily continue to check in every day or so and brave an opinion here or there, with the occasional bit of nonsense thrown in.

I am interested to see what the next phase for GT will be, since obviously we are dealing with more than just another dry spell with posting, as some of us so dearly wanted to believe. But time and this phenomenon, the Internet, always seem to have other surprises in store and as long as there is still at least one other person here, I've got no reason to go anywhere. There are certain advantages to it not being like the old days, where you had to check in every five minutes or miss the debate of the century. I can take time out to read, work, live life, and still come back to my home on the web, and find all the familiar 'faces' still here. Well, not all. But I'm just going to wait and see, as that's all I can do.

And see there, I have no idea what possessed me to say all that.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Dec 4 00:50:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm working 70-80 hours a week. Been super busy. Had a wine dinner tonight. Went amazing. Everyone loved it. We served:
Amuse Bouche, Kumamoto Oysters with vodka-pickled ginger granite, lime, black pepper.

1st course, pan seared diver scallops w/ baby beets & turnipes, tarragon vinaigrette.

2nd course, roasted hen of the woods mushroom, truffle white beat puree, garlic braised spinach, roasted poussin jus.

3rd course, Broiled california squab, winter squash, stewed cherries, brussel sprout petals, five spice crumble, port wine-chocolate reduction.

4th course, Prime Beef Tenderloin, Seared Hudson Valley Foie Gras, Glazed Cippolini Onion, Potato Gallette.

5th Course, Valrhona Chocolate "Torchon", Espresso Bean, Ancho Chili Oil, Fleur De Sel

Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures of the stuff we've been doing. Everyone stay safe. My Xterra's 4wd is finally getting lots of use in this snowy Buffalo weather. Lots of love. :)

choke Posted: Thu Dec 4 02:41:40 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm working back at the chocolate store :)

And like Kira, I often type a post then deliberate so much that I generally delete it.

Also, I get sore eyes from reading off the computer, something which has been getting worse in my old age. I can generally only read the short posts and only if there aren't a bagillion :)

But work is good, tiring. I stood on my belt buckle and it went an inch into my heel. I have been enjoying my weekends with my friends and feel blessed to have them. Hmmm what else.

Oh! I know! I have a new thread!

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Dec 8 13:00:16 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  All is good :). Still enjoying my living together with the boyfriend, and my decicion to move out with my parents.
Exams are comming up and it's a stressfull last year. Hope i'll pass it well. My thesis has to be ready in 1 and a half months, because then I leave for my 3 month internship in Zambia. Don't know what I will do if I don't get it finished of in time.
Much love!

addi Posted: Tue Dec 9 12:34:49 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:
>All is good :). Still enjoying my living together with the boyfriend, and my decicion to move out with my parents.

For heaven's sakes! I don't talk to you for a few months and look what happens..you fall into a life of sin and depravity.
Good for you. : )

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Dec 9 12:48:04 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hehe thanks addi ;)

misszero Posted: Wed Dec 10 07:49:30 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  *sigh*

you know, i was a little miffed you've found a new forum, addi. then i was like 'sheesh, that's a weird thing to be jealous about.' and then i giggled a bit.

but then i sighed again

addi Posted: Wed Dec 10 09:24:07 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>*sigh*
>
>you know, i was a little miffed you've found a new forum, addi. then i was like 'sheesh, that's a weird thing to be jealous about.' and then i giggled a bit.
>
>but then i sighed again

I still loves ya, misszero : )

And I did find another forum to be a slut on..it's true : (
but that doesn't mean I don't care about this place, or any of my GT friends here any less.
I was starting (actually quite some time ago) to get miffed myself with the lack of posts here. It has literally dwindled down to 5 or so (wonderful) regulars for quite some time now. Yeah..ol' timers will make a DBFing here once every blue moon to say "hi", and then they'll disappear again for months. The Dingapore connection is for all practical purposes missing in action now and several others that made this place thoughtful, vibrant, funny, and alive have stopped posting as well.

Like I said earlier it was naive and kinda stupid of me to try to artificially pressure others to post more here, and lord knows I tried many times over the past few years..just ask Kira ; )

Anyhoo I'm obviously still posting. I've just changed my expectations and frequency.
Besides I simply must check in to see if Nikki has stopped by to bless us with one of her thoughtful and profound, "(insert name) is such a cunt, and I could ride Christophe's cock all day" posts.
: )

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 10 10:42:49 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I could ride Christophe's cock all day"

>
Sometimes you just make it too easy, but we all know he's just not sheepish enough.
:-)

Kira Posted: Thu Dec 11 00:21:42 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hey, my lurker lure thingies happen to work two times out of three. If it weren't for that scoundrel Patrick Goins, my record would be spotless.

*Shakes fist at Aeon*

*Turns and shakes fist at Mark Addison Kerchaw-something-or-other*

Yeah, I'm using real names now.

addi Posted: Thu Dec 11 10:01:43 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:

>*Turns and shakes fist at Mark Addison Kerchaw-something-or-other*

Mark Addison Kershaw. Feel free to drop the something or other, and the shaking fist thing too..you could put someone's eye out.

Addi : )

FN Posted: Thu Dec 11 13:05:48 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>addi said:
>>I could ride Christophe's cock all day"

Couldn't we all.

Anyway, just for clarity's sake, I'll say this once more and that'll be the last of it, I swear to everything I personally hold holy that I'm not "Nikki", even though I would be urged to think otherwise as well in your position.

Mark Posted: Fri Dec 12 03:15:36 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm a bit of a lurker I guess... Secretly reading all your posts ;) Still like the place, but often don't feel the need to post anything.

Anyway, still working. The crisis hasn't affected my job (yet). Only a few more weeks to move out... Finally I've got the money to live on my own and so I will :)

And Chris... I will not ride your cock all day. Well, not without any form of lubricant anyway :p

DanSRose Posted: Fri Dec 12 07:03:24 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For no reason the power strip in the bedroom that as our alarm clock and extra space heater (because the building is old and the steam heater has been making a mice-in-the-blender-screaming sound) reset and we woke up. Or she did. I feel fine.

I'm teaching the new kitten a trick. I've seen it done before. How to play fetch with a rubber band. He's little and dumb (a tiny black cat- insert racist joke here) but he's catching onto the concept of "Catch the ball, then hit it back". So far, I have the cats Sit before they get their food. It's pretty awesome.

In other news, getting married in an historic building in Virginia in August and looking for a new job.
Also the Wii is pretty awesome.

As for riding Christophe's cock, not now I have a headache.

FN Posted: Fri Dec 12 07:28:00 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:
>As for riding Christophe's cock, not now I have a headache.

What's best for getting rid of a headache?

You guessed it.

Anyway: my exams are starting in a few weeks, the sit-at-home-and-study period started a few days ago. Next 2 months = hell.

Mesh Posted: Sat Dec 13 00:25:58 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm sorry :( I've been very busy with work, tending to immediate family(ie my sister.....going through a rough time) and a.......woman. A swell woman.

Did I mention work? Good Lord, it's a good thing I'm raking in the green for the amount of effort I'm putting in. Otherwise I'd just quit. Actually it's not so bad, the busy season only last four months out of the year, the rest of the year is pretty easy. I can't complain.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Sun Dec 14 05:59:21 2008 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DanSRose said:

>Also the Wii is pretty awesome.
>

Indeed it is... :)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]