Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Finally it's mine . . . all mine !
ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jan 15 15:54:33 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've done it ! I've finally done it !
I've run everybody off and now the forum is mine, all mine !

addi Posted: Thu Jan 15 16:54:08 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yea for hiffer!
I'm very very proud of you.

: )

Kira Posted: Thu Jan 15 17:29:33 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My god, it lives.

I'm dazed. Too accustomed to the silence.

Posted: Thu Jan 15 19:07:37 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  fuck that noise, man. I'll be posting well into the 2050s.

novemberrain Posted: Thu Jan 15 21:00:34 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Stupid life. If it wouldn't get in the way all the time, we could all just stay at the forum

beetlebum Posted: Thu Jan 15 21:46:33 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm currently bumming internet off of some stranger while huddling as close to my kitchen window as possible in order to get a better signal. i will be so glad when my internet is installed.

and also, hello! i am still here! i can remember the days when i would chat live in the chat room. them were the days. them were surely the days.

Kira Posted: Thu Jan 15 23:21:19 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I never did get a chance to use the chat room much. I bet it was fun.

Mark Posted: Fri Jan 16 02:29:03 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I've done it ! I've finally done it !
>I've run everybody off and now the forum is mine, all mine !
You'd wish :p I still lurk around in the dark corners of this forum. Too bad reality is catching up.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 16 07:01:49 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>fuck that noise, man. I'll be posting well into the 2050s.
>
Hey Crim, how you like the Arizona Cardinals ?

addi Posted: Fri Jan 16 07:22:32 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  beetlebum said:
> i will be so glad when my internet is installed.

They say you're only half a woman without an internet connection : )

>and also, hello! i am still here! i can remember the days when i would chat live in the chat room. them were the days. them were surely the days.

I recall having only one chat here when it was on. It was with meshie and lasted about 30 seconds. There was the usual "hi", followed with awkward silence and then he said something like, "Well I gotta go eat my pizza...bye."

Posted: Fri Jan 16 10:01:24 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>CriminalSaint said:
>>fuck that noise, man. I'll be posting well into the 2050s.
>>
>Hey Crim, how you like the Arizona Cardinals ?

It's unbelievable. If it weren't $400 just to get into the parking lot at the stadium for the game on Sunday, I'd so be there.

It's particularly alarming after living my first twenty-two years in a city whose football team just went 0-16.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 16 11:23:58 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>CriminalSaint said:
>>>fuck that noise, man. I'll be posting well into the 2050s.
>>>
>>Hey Crim, how you like the Arizona Cardinals ?
>
>It's unbelievable. If it weren't $400 just to get into the parking lot at the stadium for the game on Sunday, I'd so be there.
>
>It's particularly alarming after living my first twenty-two years in a city whose football team just went 0-16.
>
I'm pulling for them, gotta love a team with an old man at quarterback.

addi Posted: Fri Jan 16 12:27:42 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>I'm pulling for them, gotta love a team with an old man at quarterback.

One of those rare and wonderful times you and I agree on something : )

With the Falcons and Vikings out of the picture the only team left I have even slightest bit of interest in are the Cardinals...and that's only because of their past history and underdog status.
Generally speaking I wouldn't lose 2 minutes of sleep if the whole damn NFL disappeared tomorrow.

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 16 14:56:07 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:

>Generally speaking I wouldn't lose 2 minutes of sleep if the whole damn NFL disappeared tomorrow.
>
That's the way I feel about the NBA.

addi Posted: Fri Jan 16 16:23:03 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>That's the way I feel about the NBA.

Second thing we agree on in one day. When will the madness stop?!
: )

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 16 21:57:53 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I only like to watch golf on tv if it's a major.

libra Posted: Sat Jan 17 03:20:08 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aww. I click on the thread thinking something exciting might be going on and you guys are talking about sports.

choke Posted: Sat Jan 17 05:10:38 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm waiting for a video to load of a cat snuggling with a horse.

Have decided to stop drinking! Now that I'm 20 I feel at risk of becoming too set in my habits.

Those two are probably the most interesting things that have happened lately

mat_j Posted: Sat Jan 17 05:39:09 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah this place has been dead recently.

If i catch you all out again i'm gonna burn this place down and run away.

addi Posted: Sat Jan 17 07:03:50 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>Aww. I click on the thread thinking something exciting might be going on and you guys are talking about sports.

These days just the fact that a thread is even going like this one is exciting, no matter the topic : )

and tiff...good for you about the drinking. And I can tell you the video with a cat snuggling with a whore is a bit of a let down. All they do is snuggle.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Jan 18 07:33:08 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Speaking of sports, did anyone see what happened to Pitt yesterday ?

Hint: they are not number one anymore.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Mon Jan 19 14:40:32 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's kind of sad it's gotten all silent...
I still think I'm new here, but I always forget I'm already following this forum for 3 years now..
Back in the days that Addi didn't run off to another site and still posted 20 times a day. I liked that. The chats too btw ;).
Can't imagine how long you guys have been here already... :)

Well, I'm leaving for Zambia in 2 weeks, I will be gone for 3 months and I don't think I will be able to post anything while I'm away... I seriously hope the forum still lives when I get back :).

I will be working on this project for my internship as occupational therapist:
http://www.zoaonline.org/orphans.htm

I'm also keeping a blog of all the expierences, but unless you speek dutch you won't be able to follow it.;).
Anyhow if you guys want to check it out: http://liesbethbiancamarjan.waarbenjij.nu/

addi Posted: Mon Jan 19 20:00:27 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>Back in the days that Addi didn't run off to another site and still posted 20 times a day. I liked that. The chats too btw ;).

You make me sound so cheap and slutty. : )

>Well, I'm leaving for Zambia in 2 weeks,

Zambia?! My god woman. First it's India, and now it's off to Africa. I hope you're not going to be climbing anything higher there than the top bunk bed.
And make sure to bring a lot of condoms, get a malaria shot, and keep an eye out for Pygmies...they like to sneak up on you at night and clip your toenails.

Bring me back some coffee. We'll still be here waiting for your return...god willing.

~Just Imagine~ Posted: Tue Jan 20 05:12:21 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>>Well, I'm leaving for Zambia in 2 weeks,
>
>Zambia?! My god woman. First it's India, and now it's off to Africa. I hope you're not going to be climbing anything higher there than the top bunk bed.
>And make sure to bring a lot of condoms, get a malaria shot, and keep an eye out for Pygmies...they like to sneak up on you at night and clip your toenails.

I've heard about them Pygmies too, I'll keep a close watch ;)

>Bring me back some coffee. We'll still be here waiting for your return...god willing.

I shall return, otherwise my boyfriend will come get me back himself and kill me personally. ;). He's rather found of me returning. I'll miss him, I know that for sure.
And I will gladly bring you some coffee,you can come drink a cup when I'm back. ;-).

There are also some toughts of us visiting America this year or the next. (friends of us are moving there) I'll let you know if anything gets organised. I'll bring some belgian beers and chocolats then ;).

addi Posted: Tue Jan 20 05:56:42 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ~Just Imagine~ said:

>There are also some toughts of us visiting America this year or the next. (friends of us are moving there) I'll let you know if anything gets organised. I'll bring some belgian beers and chocolats then ;).

Please do let me know. If you end up down Atlanta way we could meet...so you could give me the coffee, beer and chocolate. In return I'd be your tour guide and show you important things like the best places to buy drugs : )

I just assumed your guy was going with you. That's a long time to be away from him. I suppose if it get's to be too much you could befriend one of those little Pygmy men and use him to satisfy your carnal lust. I'm told they're just the right height.

In the meantime be safe, count your blessings, and kick Christophe's butt if you run into him for deserting us lately here.

*President Obama. My god I like the sound of that!

libra Posted: Tue Jan 20 16:21:20 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>
>
>*President Obama. My god I like the sound of that!

I know, it is quite exciting isn't it! I still have to pinch myself when watching today's footage. Unbelievable.

Mark Posted: Wed Jan 21 01:50:06 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  President Obama... the guy is hyped for f*cks sake. (at least here he is) The crown prince even said it's a more important happening than when Nelson Mandela was set free. The guy hasn't accomplished anything yet! Aside of becoming president off course.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Bush was the greatest or that McCain was a better choice but please... It's like Obama has become the new Jesus or something. Damn, the herd has found a new person to follow. With expectations this high he can only fail...

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 21 07:21:54 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mark said:
>President Obama... the guy is hyped for f*cks sake. (at least here he is) The crown prince even said it's a more important happening than when Nelson Mandela was set free. The guy hasn't accomplished anything yet! Aside of becoming president off course.
>
>Don't get me wrong, I don't think Bush was the greatest or that McCain was a better choice but please... It's like Obama has become the new Jesus or something. Damn, the herd has found a new person to follow. With expectations this high he can only fail...
>
I have to agree with you on that.
I didn't vote for him, but he is my president and I will support him and give him the respect he deserves.
However, that being said, there is no possible way he can live up to the expectations that people have placed upon him.

addi Posted: Wed Jan 21 08:51:24 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Probably shouldn't bother even responding to this...but I will : )

Part of the excessive personality cult you see for Obama is due to the media. They do it with all celeb du jours; from Hanna Montana to Joe the Plumber. Barack is the guy right now so they shower him with 24/7 media coverage. He isn't calling for it, in fact I've read it makes him uncomfortable. He's good looking, relatively young, articulate, black, and now in one of the most important positions in the world...which makes him a perfect candidate for all the hype. That criticism is more of an indictment of the media (and the mindless sheep that eat it all up) than of Barack.

Secondly I have no doubt he'd still be in the spotlight, but another reason for the excessive build up here is because he's replacing an incompetent boob of a president that we and the world have had to suffer through for 8 long and depressing years. Had a two term president been leaving here that was moderatly well liked (Bush leaves with the lowest approval rating of any modern president) I am sure the uber-hype you dislike so much would be much more toned down. People are celebrating Bush's departure here as much as Barack's arrival.

Any supporter here that puts Barack on a messianic pedestal will be disappointed...and is an idiot. That is not his fault. Us well grounded Obama supporters are hoping that with his intelligent leadership, a good group of advisors, and some non-partisan cooperation with the republicans that the ship will be slowly righted to the proper course. The hole is deep here now and it will take time, and because the semi-conscious Barack supporters here understand he is just one man we also understand he will do good things and he will also stumble along the way.

There are people here (in a minority right now) that are waiting on the edge of their seats and salivating for Barack to screw up...ready to jump up, point an accusing finger and scream, "Ha! I told you so!". These Americans have little interest in what's best for our country, but are small-minded, petty and put their own self-interests as a priority. These folks are the antithesis of good citizens.

*I don't include hif in this group because even though he didn't vote for Barack he supports our new president and wants what's best for our country, which includes having a successful president seated in the oval office.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 21 11:00:31 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Probably shouldn't bother even responding to this...but I will : )
>
>Part of the excessive personality cult you see for Obama is due to the media. They do it with all celeb du jours; from Hanna Montana to Joe the Plumber. Barack is the guy right now so they shower him with 24/7 media coverage. He isn't calling for it, in fact I've read it makes him uncomfortable. He's good looking, relatively young, articulate, black, and now in one of the most important positions in the world...which makes him a perfect candidate for all the hype. That criticism is more of an indictment of the media (and the mindless sheep that eat it all up) than of Barack.
>
Yes, exactly ! His aura has been created by the media. Much the same as the hatred for Dubya was created and fanned by the media.

>Secondly I have no doubt he'd still be in the spotlight, but another reason for the excessive build up here is because he's replacing an incompetent boob of a president that we and the world have had to suffer through for 8 long and depressing years. Had a two term president been leaving here that was moderatly well liked (Bush leaves with the lowest approval rating of any modern president) I am sure the uber-hype you dislike so much would be much more toned down. People are celebrating Bush's departure here as much as Barack's arrival.
>
Let's not lose sight of the fact that nearly half the country did not vote for Obama and despite the fact that Dubya has low approval ratings, I doubt
that too many thinking people would refer to him as an incompentent boob.
His low approval ratings put him in the same company as Truman and Lincoln.

>Any supporter here that puts Barack on a messianic pedestal will be disappointed...and is an idiot. That is not his fault. Us well grounded Obama supporters are hoping that with his intelligent leadership, a good group of advisors, and some non-partisan cooperation with the republicans that the ship will be slowly righted to the proper course. The hole is deep here now and it will take time, and because the semi-conscious Barack supporters here understand he is just one man we also understand he will do good things and he will also stumble along the way.
>
It's too late for your caution on this one. He is already been labeled as the messiah or The One. As for it making him uncomfortable, didn't he have a campaing ad referring to himself as The One ?
And that deep deep hole I keep hearing about ? The one that The Media (those words again) keep saying about the worst economy since the Great Depression ? Well, as of now, this economy is not even close to being as bad as the day Reagan took office, so let's not make this any worse than it has to be.

>There are people here (in a minority right now) that are waiting on the edge of their seats and salivating for Barack to screw up...ready to jump up, point an accusing finger and scream, "Ha! I told you so!". These Americans have little interest in what's best for our country, but are small-minded, petty and put their own self-interests as a priority. These folks are the antithesis of good citizens.
>
Those people are always there, no matter who is in office.

>*I don't include hif in this group because even though he didn't vote for Barack he supports our new president and wants what's best for our country, which includes having a successful president seated in the oval office.
>
You'd better not include me there. I don't want to have to scour every Mexican restaurant and sheep farm in Atlanta looking for your liberal ass.
:-)

addi Posted: Wed Jan 21 11:48:09 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>Yes, exactly ! His aura has been created by the media. Much the same as the hatred for Dubya was created and fanned by the media.

Wrong. Dubya had a large portion of the media, Americans, and indeed most of the world behind him (including moi) after 9/11. The hatred you speak of was self-imposed by one poor decision after another. He has no one to blame but himself for the very poor legacy history will place on him.

>I doubt that too many thinking people would refer to him as an incompentent boob.

Reality check. Step away from FoxNews and open your eyes. Millions of people here and abroad think exactly that of him.

>It's too late for your caution on this one. He is already been labeled as the messiah or The One. As for it making him uncomfortable, didn't he have a campaing ad referring to himself as The One ?

Pssssshhht. That's too silly to even comment on.

>Well, as of now, this economy is not even close to being as bad as the day Reagan took office, so let's not make this any worse than it has to be.

Louisville must be protected by some prosperity bubble then. Or perhaps many residents there are clueless about the "fundamentals of our economy".

>You'd better not include me there. I don't want to have to scour every Mexican restaurant and sheep farm in Atlanta looking for your liberal ass.
>:-)

I think for my age my liberal ass is quite fine, if I do say so. You could do much worse. : )

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 21 13:48:11 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>Yes, exactly ! His aura has been created by the media. Much the same as the hatred for Dubya was created and fanned by the media.
>
>Wrong. Dubya had a large portion of the media, Americans, and indeed most of the world behind him (including moi) after 9/11. The hatred you speak of was self-imposed by one poor decision after another. He has no one to blame but himself for the very poor legacy history will place on him.
>
>
>>I doubt that too many thinking people would refer to him as an incompentent boob.
>
>Reality check. Step away from FoxNews and open your eyes. Millions of people here and abroad think exactly that of him.
>
I said "thinking people"

>
>>Well, as of now, this economy is not even close to being as bad as the day Reagan took office, so let's not make this any worse than it has to be.
>
>Louisville must be protected by some prosperity bubble then. Or perhaps many residents there are clueless about the "fundamentals of our economy".
>
Are you saying that our economy is as bad or worse than 1981 ?
Don't you remember double digit unemployment ? double digit inflation ?
The daily misery index ?
We aren't close to any of that today.

addi Posted: Wed Jan 21 17:28:34 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've stated my case..and you yours. As always I refuse to get in a pointless drawn out back and forth on politics with you.
Bush is gone. Obama is in. It's over.

Over the coming months and years and even decades things about the Bush administration will come to light (as these things always do) and the historians will compile books based on primary sources about events transpiring during his terms. We'll see where things fall regarding his legacy. I have my predictions on the outcome and you have yours.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Jan 21 20:46:43 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I've stated my case..and you yours. As always I refuse to get in a pointless drawn out back and forth on politics with you.
>Bush is gone. Obama is in. It's over.
>
>Over the coming months and years and even decades things about the Bush administration will come to light (as these things always do) and the historians will compile books based on primary sources about events transpiring during his terms. We'll see where things fall regarding his legacy. I have my predictions on the outcome and you have yours.
>
Not that it really matters what the historians will write.
I seem to remember you posting a pretty nasty diatribe against the legacy of Reagan in spite of his legacy in the history books.
I would be interested to know if you have ever referred to Jimmy Carter as an incompetent boob ?

addi Posted: Wed Jan 21 22:42:14 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I seem to remember you posting a pretty nasty diatribe against the legacy of Reagan in spite of his legacy in the history books.

Reagan wasn't so cut and dry. In his case I think it makes a big difference which books you read, and what they focus on. I still think he was a mediocre president (good in some areas and downright dangerous in others), but I'd take him over Bush anytime.

>I would be interested to know if you have ever referred to Jimmy Carter as an incompetent boob ?

Never have and never will. Carter would not make my list as one of the top presidents for sure (he would with his service as a post-president).
I think a good case can be made that in some matters Carter was inept, but that's different than general all around incompetence, at least to me.
Bush was (god, I love using past tense there) weak and allowed others to dictate foreign and domestic policy for him. He lacked common sense, wasn't very bright, allowed his misguided fundamentalism to effect policy, and was a very poor orator. All these things and more make him an incompetent boob to me, and millions of others.

And feel free to call me one too for replying once again. : )

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Jan 22 07:50:27 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Funny stuff here, note the very clever editing by Jon Stewart towards the end of the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuXIx76mIFc

libra Posted: Thu Jan 22 13:00:21 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love jon stewart so much...

mat_j Posted: Fri Jan 23 07:45:52 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hew certainly is a tonic isn't he!!

addi Posted: Fri Jan 23 13:20:52 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'll tonic you, young man!

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 23 14:03:32 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Tonic is a verb now ?

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Jan 23 14:04:17 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Tonic is a verb now ?
>
I thought it was one of those white sheet kinda things they wore in the olden days.

choke Posted: Mon Jan 26 01:54:25 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  no no you drink it with gin!

Kira Posted: Mon Jan 26 18:44:03 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  But *you* don't drink it with gin, right Tiff? ;)

choke Posted: Tue Jan 27 19:51:29 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>But *you* don't drink it with gin, right Tiff? ;)

Not anymore :(

Well maybe this weekend

mat_j Posted: Mon Feb 2 14:18:57 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's also an old timey word for a kind of medicine isn't it?

choke Posted: Tue Feb 3 16:04:54 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>It's also an old timey word for a kind of medicine isn't it?

It is indeed!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]