Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Fox finds fig
mat_j Posted: Wed Feb 4 04:15:16 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yes it's me Mat_j once again imitating Ahriman to ge attention.

This place is deader than vaudeville... Though curiously vaudeville in the form of burlesque is alive and well in the UK.

Anyway

I do it all the time but 5 songs you're engjoying at the moment...

mat_j Posted: Wed Feb 4 04:27:32 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. Tinariwen- Cler Achel

2. The Contours- do you love me (now that i can dance

3. MGMT- Time to pretend

4. Ray Charles & Betty Carter- Baby it's cold outside (it's snowing here)

5. M.I.A- Paper planes

Kira Posted: Wed Feb 4 15:19:38 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Pink Floyd - High Hopes

Nat King Cole - Quizas, Quizas, Quizas

Allman Brothers Band - Soulshine

Brett Dennan - Ain't No Reason

Adiemus - Sol Fa

libra Posted: Wed Feb 4 17:52:25 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  1. Andrew Bird - Heretics
2. Andrew Bird - Plasticities
3. Andrew Bird - Fake Palindromes
4. Andrew Bird - Cataracts
5. Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla (one of the very few songs that has the ability to make me cry)

libra Posted: Wed Feb 4 17:54:11 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>3. MGMT- Time to pretend
>
>4. Ray Charles & Betty Carter- Baby it's cold outside (it's snowing here)
>
>5. M.I.A- Paper planes

Hehe, I've been listening to these three a lot too...but the Zooey Deschanel and Leon Redbone version of Baby It's Cold Outside...

mat_j Posted: Thu Feb 5 03:31:34 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>mat_j said:

>Hehe, I've been listening to these three a lot too...but the Zooey Deschanel and Leon Redbone version of Baby It's Cold Outside...

Talking of songs that could have the ability to make you cry... i was dating a girl recently who was far too lovely for me really, she reminded me slightly of Zooey Deschanel (with the blonde hair in Elf) so for the last few months i've been whistling this song happily. Now lets just say I'm not whistling it any more!

It's had a reprieve at the moment though due to the amount of snow outside!!

mat_j Posted: Thu Feb 5 08:25:47 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>5. Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla (one of the very few songs that has the ability to make me cry)
>

This really is a beautiful song, it's getting to be overplayed.

I've been listening to Hvarf-Heim which my sister bought for me for Christmas quite a lot recently.

libra Posted: Thu Feb 5 12:56:58 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>libra said:
>
>
>>5. Sigur Ros - Hoppipolla (one of the very few songs that has the ability to make me cry)
>>
>
>This really is a beautiful song, it's getting to be overplayed.
>
Yah, I know, I can't keep track of how many movies/movie trailers I have heard it in.

libra Posted: Thu Feb 5 13:02:31 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>libra said:
>>mat_j said:
>
>Talking of songs that could have the ability to make you cry... i was dating a girl recently who was far too lovely for me really, she reminded me slightly of Zooey Deschanel (with the blonde hair in Elf) so for the last few months i've been whistling this song happily. Now lets just say I'm not whistling it any more!
>

Aww. That's too bad. I don't like it when things happen that change the meaning of songs for the worse...

misszero Posted: Fri Feb 6 20:15:02 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  dog days are over - florence and the machine

farewell rocketship - children collide

propane nightmares - pendulum

geraldine - glasvegas

white winter hymnal - fleet foxes

(wow. i think that's the first time i've ever made a top 5 list that includes only songs quite recent. but i guess it IS a 'digging right now' list... and i've finally learned how to listen to new music. its called a radio, and its really quite a good invention....)

mat_j Posted: Tue Mar 3 09:52:49 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>mat_j said:
>>libra said:
>>>mat_j said:
>>
>>Talking of songs that could have the ability to make you cry... i was dating a girl recently who was far too lovely for me really, she reminded me slightly of Zooey Deschanel (with the blonde hair in Elf) so for the last few months i've been whistling this song happily. Now lets just say I'm not whistling it any more!
>>
>
>
>Aww. That's too bad. I don't like it when things happen that change the meaning of songs for the worse...

Ditto, still I've taken it off rotation now as the weather is warmer and i have no excuse.

New list of 5 for March

1. Santigold- L.E.S Artistes

2. Nina Simone- I Wish I Knew (How It Would Feel To Be Free)
*Listen to this version it's amazing!

3. Neon Neon- Told her on Alderaan
(God Gosh listen to the album Stainless Style, it's a fecking brilliant album and it's a concept album about John DeLorean of DeLorean!)

4. Robyn- Konichiwa Bitches
(Will i ever ever get enough of this song?)

5. Belle and Sebastian- dress up in you.
(Libra if you haven't already heard it, i think you will like this song)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]