Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

triple digits
Posted: Sun Apr 19 22:45:06 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wellllp, tomorrow will mark the first 100+ degree day this year here in Phoenix. Who's up for a visit?

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Apr 20 02:59:32 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>Wellllp, tomorrow will mark the first 100+ degree day this year here in Phoenix. Who's up for a visit?
>
Is that just a little different than the Great White North ?
How are you liking it there ?
Have you gone on any desert excursions yet ? Maybe camping or horseback riding ?

addi Posted: Mon Apr 20 07:38:57 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bleh...no thank you. Visiting you would be nice, but visiting 100 temperatures I can do without.
I'm enjoying the Spring weather here now...in the 60 and 70's. My favorite time of year living here. The hot(and humid)days will be upon us soon enough, where any outside activity, or just getting in to your oven of a car is no fun.
If I lived in Arizona I think it would be up north in the higher elevations.

Posted: Mon Apr 20 22:59:15 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>CriminalSaint said:
>>Wellllp, tomorrow will mark the first 100+ degree day this year here in Phoenix. Who's up for a visit?
>>
>Is that just a little different than the Great White North ?
>How are you liking it there ?
>Have you gone on any desert excursions yet ? Maybe camping or horseback riding ?

I've done a few excursions around the state since being here. It's really very beautiful. I haven't had my fill yet, but I do miss having seasons.

I interviewed in Phoenix, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Boston. I wonder what life would've been like in any of the other places, but I can't much complain about where I"m at now.

choke Posted: Tue Apr 21 01:38:28 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Argh I'm jealous. I'd love that kindof heat right now. Most NZ houses don't have central heating so I'm sitting in 2 sweatshirts and a blanket and it's only Autumn!

mat_j Posted: Tue Apr 21 09:25:40 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's like 22C here (don't do Faren'eit)

Spent my Lunch hour wandering around the memorial gardens and the fountain enjoying it. On of my favourite things about Wales is we get so much percipitation the grass stays super green even when it gets really hot so outside at the moment looks amazing.

The view out of my window is gorgeous, sun streaming through the trees on the boulevards that are Stuttgart Strasser and Park Place, domed, white colonial style buildings with Indian arcitecture influenced towers and colonnades (dating back to Empire days) that make up the Welsh Office and Cardiff museum. Emo fields (colloqial name for the field, fountain and park with one of two the standing stone circles I'm aware of near city centre, named so due to the number of emo kids who hang there).

In the background the majestic walls of cardiff castle nestle behind it's grassy banks flying y Ddraig Goch (The Red Dragon flag of Wales) above its keep and beyond that Bute park, Coopers Fields and Sophia gardens, you'd have a hard time believing you were in a city if it wasn't for the looming shape of capital tower, the Park Plaza and Cardiff Hilton off to the left.

Happy days and good times!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]