Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Summer
mat_j Posted: Mon Jun 1 14:22:22 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's blazing hot here, with my viking skin and celtic blood i slowly melt to death but frankly it's better than the alternative.

How's it where everyone is?

Mat_j- lobsterfied, (old) South Wales- 1st june twenty 'ought nine

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Jun 1 15:19:40 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just starting to get hot here.
It's been a nice long mild spring with lots of rain but these last few days it's pushing the 90^F mark and the high humidity can make it really sticky out there. Typical summer in Kentucky.
If you can catch a breeze in the shade it can be tolerable for the most part.
Problem is, later on in the summer it gets to the upper 90's and the breezes stop.
The only respite you get from the heat then is the inevitable thunderstorm that pops up. Sometimes they bring tornadoes.
Now there's a breeze !

Ahriman Posted: Tue Jun 2 15:03:41 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The high country is now open so six of us went up there for the weekend. Awesome time. We camped at the hot springs and enjoyed those to the full extent. Grooving out to Red Hot Chili Peppers, watching the moon shine across the desert, drinking Tecate, and well...the rest is for us.

I bet you wouldn't believe me that the best restaurant in hundreds of miles is at a Mobil gas station. Fresh halibut, Ahi Sashimi, BBQ Ribs, Deep Fried Fish Tacos, etc. I mean really good food. Blows your mind. We got rained out hiking around a lake, so we went to the town of Mammoth for a few hours. Drank Margaritas and played Balderdash at a bar. Put a bunch of kitchen folk together drunk with that game and you'll understand.

Ever play with pool Noodles? Ever watch Mad Max? Ever cross the two?

Ever watch a sunset at 10,000ft with real friends?

Man, it's just been a blast. Work hard, play hard. Much love all.

Kira Posted: Tue Jun 2 22:11:46 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman, are you keeping a journal or a blog detailing these adventures? Were I more inclined to travel and try so many new things, one of the things I'd want most is to keep a record of it all. I love reading your posts on the subject.

My summer thus far has been much the same as Hif's. Around here, summer heat and humidity may start in mid May just as often as in June, so I am simply thankful that spring has held on for this long. But I will forget all of that in a week or two, and be cursing the sun till September.

choke Posted: Wed Jun 3 00:18:40 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am in a thermal and a blanket, my flatmate is in a sleeping bag, and the other is curled into a ball on the couch. Our washing is piling up because we can't afford a dryer and when we hang it outside it gets icey. Tonight we will turn on the gas heater and sit on a couch each with a blanket and study while the condensation makes puddles under the windows for us to mop up in the morning. The gas heater is sputtering so we may endup turning on the oven and crowding around it with gloves on.

Enjoy your hot weather, I will be taking it back in 6 months.

addi Posted: Wed Jun 3 08:07:56 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Why must you always be a contrarian, Choke. When it's too hot here you're cold down there, and vice versa. It's just not very sporting of you.

choke Posted: Thu Jun 4 21:39:27 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Why must you always be a contrarian, Choke. When it's too hot here you're cold down there, and vice versa. It's just not very sporting of you.

Lol I just like to shit all over your parade, as I believe the saying goes

misszero Posted: Fri Jun 5 08:53:21 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke, i'm pretty sure i'm in a slightly more temperate zone, but i'm so feeling your cold vibe.

damn you summer-ers. *grumbles and shivers*

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]