Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

hows it going people?
iggy Posted: Sun Aug 2 12:38:18 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  :)

addi Posted: Sun Aug 2 18:11:42 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Me and my arrow are doing fine. Scraping by, but keeping busy drawing. Sometimes happy about new bridges being built and sometimes sad about bridges burnt in the past.

And you?

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Aug 2 22:11:04 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Nice to hear from you Chan, I'm doing well, loving life and loving my bride and all the happiness she brings me.

How are things going in your life ?

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Aug 2 22:11:40 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Me and my arrow are doing fine. Scraping by, but keeping busy drawing. Sometimes happy about new bridges being built and sometimes sad about bridges burnt in the past.
>
>And you?
>
What's all this crap about bridges ?
Are you a civil engineer now ?
:-)

Kira Posted: Mon Aug 3 23:01:54 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi Chan! I like your picture.

sweet p Posted: Mon Aug 3 23:31:36 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Heya Chan! Long time.
How is everything?
Just had myself a 4-day weekend, so I'm pretty relaxed and not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Things in my world have been upside down and thrown around lately, but I'm happy and keepin on. Nice "seeing" ya.
Hi everyone else :)

Posted: Mon Aug 3 23:59:07 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Heya!

Doing well out in the desert. Trying to buy a house - harder than I thought.

Work is good, summertime is good.

Mesh Posted: Tue Aug 4 00:34:24 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Works good, friends are good, pets are good, my mood is good, money is good, neighbourhood is good, car is good, vacation (taken already and planned) are good, the weather...is bad. Bad bad bad. So hot and humid and miserable and oppressive and I hate it. I am moving to Washington state.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Aug 4 02:45:59 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>Works good, friends are good, pets are good, my mood is good, money is good, neighbourhood is good, car is good, vacation (taken already and planned) are good, the weather...is bad. Bad bad bad. So hot and humid and miserable and oppressive and I hate it. I am moving to Washington state.
>
As far as the weather is concerned, we've just had our coolest July on record but it's still been hotter than I care for.
I'm just spinning my wheels until October when the really nice weather cycles begin here.

beetlebum Posted: Tue Aug 4 06:55:02 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Good. This has been my best summer yet.

It looks like early next year I may be moving to India for six months, assuming I accept the offer from work.

I don't really know if I should or if I want to, but it's nice just pondering the adventure.

I leave for holiday in London in 20 days and counting, and then from there I'm heading to France for a work trip. I really need a break, so I am really looking forward to it. I am exhausted. Happy, and grateful, but exhausted.

choke Posted: Tue Aug 4 07:10:31 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Things are good, I'm halfway through my last year of study and starting to look at options. Spent a couple weeks in my hometown which was nice, been overloaded with assignments but they're slowly getting done.

Oh! I caught swine flu! About 3 weeks ago. I got quarantined to my mates flat (I wasn't even allowed to go home) and we coughed and vomited and crawled around for a week. We both have asthma so it was pretty gross but over now! :D

kurohyou Posted: Tue Aug 4 18:26:01 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Glad July is over. July was a crappy month. Totaled my police cruiser and tried to kill myself in the process.

Its been a bad year to be a cop in the states. Lots of us getting killed. Any call could be the one you punch your ticket on, and people are more on edge than ever. That's a lot of stress.

I need to take a trip and get me a dog. That will be nice. Anyone know anyone with a Greater Swiss Mountain dog? I want a puppy but they're pretty scarce in Colorado.

Not that it matters...

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 5 02:49:25 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>Glad July is over. July was a crappy month. Totaled my police cruiser and tried to kill myself in the process.
>
>Its been a bad year to be a cop in the states. Lots of us getting killed. Any call could be the one you punch your ticket on, and people are more on edge than ever. That's a lot of stress.
>
>I need to take a trip and get me a dog. That will be nice. Anyone know anyone with a Greater Swiss Mountain dog? I want a puppy but they're pretty scarce in Colorado.
>
>Not that it matters...
>
I have a friend that owns a Great Pyrenees. Wonderful dog, but inside the house, his tail was so big it knocked everything over and outside the neighbors complained because his bark was so loud you could hear it a mile away.
He did have the most wonderful disposition though, you couldn't help but love him.

addi Posted: Thu Aug 6 05:58:31 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This is such a weird forum.

Mesh Posted: Fri Aug 7 01:15:02 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It is. And so, I love it.

Mesh Posted: Fri Aug 7 01:20:14 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
> I am moving to Washington state.

Not really. Maybe someday.

I am also enrolling in an informal class for theoretical physics, something which interests me greatly. I am quite excited about it. I've been reading a lot of physics books lately. Quite the difference from my usual history, philosophy(although this can sometimes mesh with theoretical physics, depending) biographical, and psychology based readings. Expanding horizons and all that. You know.

Also, quite unrelated, but really looking forward to Where the Wild Things Are. Looks good!

addi Posted: Fri Aug 7 06:35:36 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Expanding horizons is good. Expanding waistlines, not so good.

I never had you pegged for a theoretical physics type guy, mesh. You're just full of surprises.

kurohyou Posted: Fri Aug 7 15:40:44 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>kurohyou said:
>>Glad July is over. July was a crappy month. Totaled my police cruiser and tried to kill myself in the process.
>>
>>Its been a bad year to be a cop in the states. Lots of us getting killed. Any call could be the one you punch your ticket on, and people are more on edge than ever. That's a lot of stress.
>>
>>I need to take a trip and get me a dog. That will be nice. Anyone know anyone with a Greater Swiss Mountain dog? I want a puppy but they're pretty scarce in Colorado.
>>
>>Not that it matters...
>>
>I have a friend that owns a Great Pyrenees. Wonderful dog, but inside the house, his tail was so big it knocked everything over and outside the neighbors complained because his bark was so loud you could hear it a mile away.
>He did have the most wonderful disposition though, you couldn't help but love him.

Yeah I'm in the debating process over getting a large dog. Much of my life has been spent around german shepherd mixes so I'm pretty comfortable with those dogs. I've narrowed it down between the Greater Swiss Mountain Dog and a German Shepherd.

Right now I'm just growing impatient...

Not that it matters...

Kira Posted: Fri Aug 7 19:38:30 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Out of curiosity, I ran a search for Greater Swiss Mountain dogs in Denver, CO on petfinder.com, and got a bunch of results... in Texas.

Not the best source for purebreds, but you might take a look if doesn't screw up for you as it just did for me. I got my border collie/husky mix through petfinder.

sweet p Posted: Sat Aug 8 00:50:11 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am not entirely sure why but everytime I see the Where the Wild Things Are trailer, I feel like I'm about to cry. I always remember me and my sisters reading the story to one another.

Mesh Posted: Sat Aug 8 05:13:37 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>I never had you pegged for a theoretical physics type guy, mesh. You're just full of surprises.

Neither did I. Or my CEO. Or anyone who knows me, for that matter. My CEO started grilling me on it...I had to lay down M Theory for him haha. I am terrible at math, admittedly, otherwise I'd go to school for physics, I believe.

And P, that Arcade Fire song that is in the trailers I have seen...certainly makes the trailer more emotional than it would otherwise already be for someone who has a memory attached to that story/book. Arade Fire...I don't know. Good band.

mat_j Posted: Sat Aug 8 14:46:01 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello my dears,

I'm feeling on top form, Me, Bones and Dan (our new housemate) went up to the lake earlier to look at the swans then we made a huge roast dinner with icecream for dessert, am now resting ready for my friend Fat Boy's birthday drinks at the pub later then on to a friends house party after that.

Lie in tomorrow morning, then my new lady friend is coming over to visit.

Fantastic weekend.

xx

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Aug 8 18:41:15 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Hello my dears,
>
>I'm feeling on top form, Me, Bones and Dan (our new housemate) went up to the lake earlier to look at the swans then we made a huge roast dinner with icecream for dessert, am now resting ready for my friend Fat Boy's birthday drinks at the pub later then on to a friends house party after that.
>
>Lie in tomorrow morning, then my new lady friend is coming over to visit.
>
>Fantastic weekend.
>
New lady friend huh ?
We'll be wanting details tomorrow evening.
:-)

sweet p Posted: Mon Aug 10 10:13:44 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  true, arcade fire changes things.

mm roast dinner.
i like the photo, mat_j.

Mesh Posted: Tue Aug 11 22:55:31 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I really want a new immune system.

addi Posted: Wed Aug 12 06:28:44 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You can get a used one in Mexico, Mesh...for cheap.

Mesh Posted: Wed Aug 12 22:33:06 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So, when you are making a doctors appointment and there are three unrelated things you need checked out and they ask you why you need to see the doctor...awkward.

Sinus infection, quite painful and bothersome lesions, annnnddddd, what I hope is just a pulled groin muscle(Gooooooodddddddd I hope that's it. It hurts to move though. And to laugh.)

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 13 08:02:02 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>So, when you are making a doctors appointment and there are three unrelated things you need checked out and they ask you why you need to see the doctor...awkward.
>
>Sinus infection, quite painful and bothersome lesions, annnnddddd, what I hope is just a pulled groin muscle(Gooooooodddddddd I hope that's it. It hurts to move though. And to laugh.)
>
Walk it off dude.
Rub some dirt on it.
You'll be fine.

Mesh Posted: Fri Aug 14 22:49:14 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just goddamn vomited all over my back porch. I was feeling alright, opened the door to walk back inside, and straight out of the blue, within a second, needed to hurl. What the hell is going on?

addi Posted: Sat Aug 15 06:49:27 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Did you just happen to catch a few minutes of people's comments at one of the Town Hall meetings?

That would do it.

Mesh Posted: Wed Aug 19 20:30:56 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No, but that would do it.

I made this girl crack up few days ago because out of nowhere I said "Man...I need to stop watching coverage of these town hall meetings for a while." I...didn't intend for it to be funny. Not quite sure why it was funny. But...funny it was, I suppose.

addi Posted: Thu Aug 20 07:09:20 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yup, Meshie. Nothin' will ruin a perfectly good day quicker than hearing the passionate comments of the ignorant masses.
"Oh my God...Death Panels!"

Hope you're feeling better.

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 20 16:08:51 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>true, arcade fire changes things.
>
>mm roast dinner.
>i like the photo, mat_j.
>
>

Aww shucks, you'll be be blush Miss P! :-)

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 20 16:11:46 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>mat_j said:
>New lady friend huh ?
>We'll be wanting details tomorrow evening.
>:-)

Oh Hiff you old salt!!

She's smart, funny, blonde, super intelligent, gorgeous, 22 and amazing.

they are my favourite things anyway.

mat_j Posted: Mon Aug 24 08:02:27 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>sweet p said:
>>true, arcade fire changes things.
>>
>>mm roast dinner.
>>i like the photo, mat_j.
>>
>>
>
>Aww shucks, you'll be be blush Miss P! :-)

this obviously should have read make me.

Mesh Posted: Sat Aug 29 02:24:52 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just discovered a new place here in town. It's in a somewhat rundown, forgotten residential neighbourhood. It is an old, stripped down, bare-bones house that is a bar. There is a bar inside, with all of the rooms functioning as hang-out spots/dance floors/etc. The front yard has cozy chairs and little tables to sit at and drink, smoke, and talk. The back yard, which is huge, has a ping pong table, hula hoops, plenty of comfy backyard type seating and tables, another bar, and a mexican food truck that sidles up to the back fence and serves food. Even when there were a ton of people there, it somehow did not feel crowded or out of control. Excellent, absolutely awesome music being played on the jukebox. The only complaint is, that being it is an old house, the bathroom...doesn't accomdate too well considering the amount of people there are. I also love the crowd it drew. Just regular, working, blue collar, white collar, professionals, students, what have you...but they were just regular, real people. No one trying to fit into a niche or a clique...which pisses me off about some bars. A fantastic mix of people from different backgrounds, with different tastes, different styles, all just relaxing and hanging out. Good place. I think I now have a favorite.

addi Posted: Sat Aug 29 07:06:58 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sounds like a great place to chill, mesh.
When I'm down visiting you don't bring me there or the cool ambiance will be forever ruined.

Mesh Posted: Sat Aug 29 18:17:52 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Forever improved, you mean.

Mesh Posted: Sun Aug 30 05:37:51 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Now I know I've gone too far. It's 4:35, I'm still drinkin', and I'm shuffling between Hank Williams and Travis Tritt. Sometimes...sometimes...I truly envy those robotic non-emotional douchebags/tools. Life would be so much easier if you didn't care.

Kira Posted: Sun Aug 30 14:50:42 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  But not as beautiful.

Mesh Posted: Sat Sep 19 01:27:54 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Reading through past thoughts and things I've said in journals and such, and just taking a stroll down memory lane, really makes me really sad. I think I've lost more capacity for deep, complex, emotional, insightful, humorous, vibrant, energetic, random, off the wall, unique, et cetera et cetera thought than I realized since my accident. Which I guess I didn't post about because it was in March, and I didn't post here between February and July. Long story short- an angry Equidae and his large body: a helpless me and my smaller body-head injury, and I am an not entirely convinced that the perceived diminishment of my cognitive abilities is real, in fact I really think it is all in my head. However...my mind won't let me stop imagining it.

A trip to a "head Doc" would clear it up. And maybe one day I'll go. I've had enough of Doctors the past six months between that, another injury, and getting sick several times.

Mesh Posted: Sat Sep 19 20:45:47 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry, don't want to leave it as some big mystery as to what exactly happened. To elucidate on it a bit, I was thrown from a horse into a ditch, landed on my poor ol' head in a bad way for both my brain and my neck/spine.

And like I said, I really think it's all in my head, but until I stop being stubborn and go back to a Doctor now that it's been over half a year, I won't be entirely convinced that some real damage wasn't done. I don't think so, but I also don't not think so.

I am really one of those people that sometimes prefers not to know. If I'm not told there is a problem, then there is no problem.

addi Posted: Mon Sep 21 17:51:29 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Man, sorry to hear about that accident. You still sound like the same old intelligent mesh we know and love to me.
Horses and I have never gotten along very well either. Don't know why really as I'm an animal lover (no puns hif). I've been bucked from a horse myself and landed in a mud puddle on the fall. No head trauma, but my ego was bruised.

sweet p Posted: Mon Sep 21 18:48:35 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  there's no problem.
i still think you're deep, complex, emotional, insightful, humorous, vibrant, energetic, random, off the wall, unique, et cetera et cetera.

<3

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]