Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

The White Whale- The One That Got Away
Aeon Posted: Thu Aug 27 22:21:33 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lately i can't stop dreaming about a girl who i had a crush on all through middle school, dated in high school, and then reconnected with in college... only to go our seperate ways. Granted i am in a great relationship now and have a son... but she's still in my dreams. I know it's because i've reached a certain point in this relationship that scares me, a ton of responsibility, and that my subconscious is perhaps trying to muse on another possibility. I don't know.

Anyone else have that experience? The one that got away?

addi Posted: Fri Aug 28 06:17:58 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  For sure. It's a very natural feeling, Aeon. Depending the frequency and intensity of your dreams/thoughts/feelings it can either be an entertaining distraction or a source for second thoughts and doubts about your current situation.
If it helps these feelings generally go away when you turn 50.
: )

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Aug 28 07:44:34 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  After two failed marriages and a ton of pharmaceuticals, I married my high school sweetheart.
That was 7 yrs ago and I'm happier and more alive than I've ever been.

Drug free, fat, dumb, and happy.

I guess none of this really addresses your post, but I just wanted to say it.

SpicyMchaggis Posted: Fri Aug 28 19:48:07 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Everyone has the one that got away. You will always remember them and think about them from time to time. If you aren't happy with your relationship now I say go for the one that got away or you will never know what would have happened

Ahriman Posted: Wed Sep 2 05:04:33 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just have your priorities straight when you think about these things. I'm only now truly realizing a lot of things.

iggy Posted: Mon Sep 7 01:50:47 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i think i'll rather let the magic of the one that got away stay that way.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]