Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Who is Carmen San Diego really?
ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Nov 3 19:34:48 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  To answer a question posed on "Who's Got the Goods"...

Who am i? that's a good question. i can, in theory, be whatever/whomever you want me to be.

*i'm a bitch, i'm a lover, i'm a child, i'm a mother..*

it goes on.

i suppose, first thing, i am random.

i found this site a couple years ago or so, and made an account, and lurked. i never posted back then, but only watched. i had some laughs. then life got crazy, and i forgot about it. i'm not sure what made me remember this place, but i thought at least this time i'd participate.

more *personal* information
1. i'm a girl
2. i live in ks, usa.
3. i enjoy weird things.
4. my hair is brown, and longer than it has been since i was...about 4.
5. i'm a college student, hopefully i'll graduate in may.
6. i want to own/operate my own bakery.
7. i'm not sure if i want to go to grad school.
8. i don't know anyone on here.
9. i have a cat. his name is bo. (sometimes his name is jerk-off, because he's a jerk-off sometimes.)
10. i am currently in a relationship (engaged) and very happy, though i do love a good motorboat (received or given) now and then.
11. i love to travel
12. i think foreign languages are hot. i also like learning them.
13. i love to write. its what i'm in school for.
14. in my fridge you will find: margarine sticks, pumpkin spice pudding, leftover peas, 2% milk, cran-grape juice, kit kats (bite size), and applesauce.
15. in my car you will find: a brown sack full of purses, a vintage wedding dress (salvation army, $5), a yoga mat, an umbrella (blue with stripes), several pairs of shoes, 5w/30 oil, and a dog leash.
16. i only wear makeup on special occasions or when my lips are chapped.
17. i don't believe in personal philosophies that involve botox, facelifts, or silicone.
18. i don't have any tattoos, though i have thought about it.
19. my hair was pink one time. it was awesome.
20. i am an only child, but i have four siblings.
21. my dad's a jerk.
22. i love babies, but i don't have any of my own. which is fine by me because that's some scary stuff.
23. i have a lot of experience.
24. if i had to choose, i'd rather that the Imperial March was played whenever I entered the room as opposed to having everyone's sex change whenever i sneezed.
25. i grew up on a farm.
26. i don't mind getting dirty.
27. i hate getting dirty when i've got on my good clothes.
28. i hate spiders, but scorpions are cool.
29. i love seafood, but not see-food.
30. i don't tan, i burn. then i tan.

some of my favorites:
The Big Lebowski
Love Actually

The Decemberists
Ha Ha Tonka
MC Chris
Ella Fitzgerald
Patsy Cline

October/Autumn
horses & foxes
all Italian foods
all seafood except sushi, mussels and salmon (i don't care how you cook it, salmon just doesn't sit well with me). swordfish steaks are the best!

dislikes:
coconut (its a texture thing)
sliced tomatoes (texture again)
spinach (unless raw or in pasta)
the skunk smell (but i can handle the worst animal-shit-smells you could imagine)
dentistry
dishonesty

i hope this answers some questions. i'd be willing to answer more based on prompts.

Posted: Tue Nov 3 19:44:00 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  YO EHWAZINGWAZ I'M REAL HAPPY FOR YOU AND I'MA LET YOU FINISH BUT I JUST KEEP NOTICING HOW YOUR NAME STARTS WITH "EH" AND ENDS WITH "AZ" AND IT SEEMS LIKE A PERFECTLY STRANGE COINCIDENCE IN HOW IT RELATES TO MY HAVING RECENTLY MOVED FROM CANADA TO ARIZONA.

Kira Posted: Tue Nov 3 19:52:14 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Well if it isn't a genuine bona fide newbie! I was so worried you were either a bot or a regular who had changed their username.

I love to write, too. Why do you have a leash but no dog?

>20. i am an only child, but i have four siblings.

Intriguing.

>22. i love babies, but i don't have any of my own. which is fine by me because that's some scary stuff.

Agreed.

Kira Posted: Tue Nov 3 19:55:18 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh Crim just had a capital letter conniption. Now I'm confused.

libra Posted: Tue Nov 3 20:04:49 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  We haven't had a newbie in sooo long. Welcome!

Like Kira I was suspicious that you might be a regular who changed their name.

Haha Crim!

ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Nov 3 20:15:04 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>YO EHWAZINGWAZ I'M REAL HAPPY FOR YOU AND I'MA LET YOU FINISH BUT I JUST KEEP NOTICING HOW YOUR NAME STARTS WITH "EH" AND ENDS WITH "AZ" AND IT SEEMS LIKE A PERFECTLY STRANGE COINCIDENCE IN HOW IT RELATES TO MY HAVING RECENTLY MOVED FROM CANADA TO ARIZONA.

YO I'MA LET YOU FINISH BUT I WANT TO JUST SAY HOW REALLY GENUINELY INTRIGUING THAT IS ABOUT MY USERNAME AND YOUR MOVING-ABOUT HABITS AND ITS REALLY GREAT AND ALL THAT YOU MADE THE TRANSITION I HEAR THAT BOTH PLACES ARE REALLY GREAT AND WHAT A COOL FACT SO THANKS FOR SHARING AN' I'MA LET YOU FINISH NOW

ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Nov 3 20:16:13 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>
>
>I love to write, too. Why do you have a leash but no dog?
>

my fiance has a dog. i take her to the dog park more than he does and we own multiple leashes.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Nov 3 20:17:30 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>
>I love to write, too.

what do you enjoy writing?

ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Nov 3 20:17:55 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>We haven't had a newbie in sooo long. Welcome!
>

Kira Posted: Tue Nov 3 21:17:44 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>Kira said:
>>
>>I love to write, too.
>
>what do you enjoy writing?

Currently I am working on a short story about an interspecies relationship, and how frustrating and depressing it would be if your boyfriend was a two-ton flying lizard who lives in a cave.

And you?

ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Nov 3 21:44:28 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>
>Currently I am working on a short story about an interspecies relationship, and how frustrating and depressing it would be if your boyfriend was a two-ton flying lizard who lives in a cave.
>
>And you?

i enjoy writing about "real life" situations. purely fictional but i base them on my emotions and how i perceive certain relationships. i haven't been bold enough yet to attempt to crack into the sci-fi/fantasy world, but i do enjoy writing that which is grotesque or unexpected. i'm really good at creating a mysterious fog too.

Kira Posted: Tue Nov 3 22:00:09 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Maybe you could sign up for myGT and post some of your work sometime. I love stories that place emphasis on relationships, regardless of genre.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Nov 3 23:28:30 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Maybe you could sign up for myGT and post some of your work sometime.

I might just put it all on a blogspot and post links once in awhile. i'd love to put it on here, but it would need renewal after a year and who knows what cash will look like then. or whenever. or whatever. maybe i'm just blabbing.

choke Posted: Wed Nov 4 00:32:10 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's free here innit?

Nice to meet you. I can't believe you lurked so long! What made you decide to start posting now?

And lol about the "I'ma let you finish"

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Nov 4 01:00:44 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>It's free here innit?
>
>Nice to meet you. I can't believe you lurked so long! What made you decide to start posting now?
>
>And lol about the "I'ma let you finish"

more investigation is under way.

i'm not sure why i lurked so long, i suppose i just really wanted to get a good grip on the vibe that was established. i decided to post because...i don't know (that's the honest answer). it could have been because i feel i have something to contribute, or because i wanted an unbiased opinion of things or to "expand my horizons" which sounds ridiculous but i guess it makes sense. really, i'm just looking for a good time. :)

Kira Posted: Wed Nov 4 01:20:34 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If I had waited until I felt I had something to contribute I would never have posted at all.

Unfortunately for everyone else here I just had to join in the fun.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Nov 4 01:33:07 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  and i officially fail at mygt. :p

addi Posted: Wed Nov 4 07:08:55 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thank you, ehwazingwaz. That pretty much answered my question. : )

But typing your name out is going to be too much for me to handle. Will have to find an agreeable way to shorten it.
How about "eh"?

No, that sounds ignorant.

How about "waz"?

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Nov 4 11:06:59 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Thank you, ehwazingwaz. That pretty much answered my question. : )
>

>How about "waz"?

waz sounds good to me. :)

Puck Posted: Wed Nov 4 12:06:06 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  To be fair, the traffic has picked up here recently. I searched through the archives between when I left and now, and the activity during that time is not as expansive as I had hoped.

choke said:
>And lol about the "I'ma let you finish"

rofl as well

addi said:

>How about "waz"?

Why not EWW?

Ahriman Posted: Wed Nov 4 12:12:00 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi :)

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Nov 4 13:09:36 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>
>
>addi said:
>
>>How about "waz"?
>
>Why not EWW?

EWW? then why not EWE? just as random. :p or EHW? lolz.

i suppose you could always go for ZING. because its in there.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Nov 4 13:09:55 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Hi :)

hello :D

addi Posted: Wed Nov 4 14:24:46 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Zing is good and all...a peppy ring to it.
But with waz we can say "wazzup, waz?" ...and that's hard to beat.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Nov 4 14:45:01 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Zing is good and all...a peppy ring to it.
>But with waz we can say "wazzup, waz?" ...and that's hard to beat.

that's a lot of z's. WAZzup. lolz

addi Posted: Wed Nov 4 15:42:32 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  zzz's are good though.

and pardon my ignorance, waz, but I'm from a different generation. What's a "good motorboat", and how do I go about getting one?

Posted: Wed Nov 4 16:33:35 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>10. i am currently in a relationship (engaged) and very happy, though i do love a good motorboat (received or given) now and then.

Yeah, had NO idea these things were mutually exclusive.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Nov 4 21:01:47 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>zzz's are good though.
>
>
>and pardon my ignorance, waz, but I'm from a different generation. What's a "good motorboat", and how do I go about getting one?

good motorboat: a girl giving another girl a motorboat.

how: attend any bar known for crazy acts/patrons. have a beer. wait.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Nov 4 21:03:51 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>ehwazingwaz said:
>>10. i am currently in a relationship (engaged) and very happy, though i do love a good motorboat (received or given) now and then.
>
>Yeah, had NO idea these things were mutually exclusive.

lolz. really, these things happen at the parties i throw. they are random (but appreciated) events, and everyone benefits. my friend sarah and i "tag" each other like this. we don't usually plan it, we just do it. people love it. it makes a good conversation piece. (at least)

Ahriman Posted: Wed Nov 4 23:33:56 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>Ahriman said:
>>Hi :)
>
>hello :D

I'm Brendan. I'm a traveling cook. Me and the great outdoors <3

kurohyou Posted: Thu Nov 5 00:45:19 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Greetings and welcome. I'm more of a lurker, but wandered back this evening in a Nyquil induced pseudo-coma as I battle what I'm describing as the pig-flu, if for no other reason than to do my part to spread the pandimonium about the pandemic which has yet to kill the same number of people as the normal flu, but which has still prompted our command staff to issue us face masks to use, but only cautionary as we don't want to alarm the public into thinking there may or may not be a bona fide problem warranting their attention other than whether or not Breckenridge decriminalizes marijuana which ultimately doesn't matter because its still illegal in the state and to smoke in public, a lesson I'm certain I will have to teach some ignorant ski bum tomorrow at some point during my shift.

I also have found that Nyquil seems to make me preclude the use of proper punctuation from my late night posts...

Welcome.

For what it's worth...

libra Posted: Thu Nov 5 03:49:28 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>Greetings and welcome. I'm more of a lurker, but wandered back this evening in a Nyquil induced pseudo-coma as I battle what I'm describing as the pig-flu, if for no other reason than to do my part to spread the pandimonium about the pandemic which has yet to kill the same number of people as the normal flu, but which has still prompted our command staff to issue us face masks to use, but only cautionary as we don't want to alarm the public into thinking there may or may not be a bona fide problem warranting their attention other than whether or not Breckenridge decriminalizes marijuana which ultimately doesn't matter because its still illegal in the state and to smoke in public, a lesson I'm certain I will have to teach some ignorant ski bum tomorrow at some point during my shift.
>

this is one of the best paragraphs i have read in a long time.
thank you kuro...
and stop lurking.

addi Posted: Thu Nov 5 08:16:00 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:

>good motorboat: a girl giving another girl a motorboat.

Well that leaves a lot to the (male) imagination.
Are these motorboats the remote control or wind up rubber band type...and would these ladies mind if I watched the gift exchange?

addi Posted: Thu Nov 5 08:21:31 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>this is one of the best paragraphs i have read in a long time.

kuro has a gift for writing. If this whole cop thing falls through you need to consider writing an autobiography. I'd read it.

Just out of curiosity, when you find these pot smoking offenders do you chase them down the slopes in your cop car, or strap on a pair of skis and shoot at them like in a James Bond movie?

Puck Posted: Thu Nov 5 09:59:27 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
> chase them down the slopes

TWO DOLLARS!!

sweet p Posted: Thu Nov 5 13:51:12 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hi ehwazingwaz! Welcome!
I took some time away from here,too. I missed everyone though, so I came back to see what everyone is up to.
You're interesting. I like.

Ahriman Posted: Thu Nov 5 14:44:21 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>...whether or not Breckenridge decriminalizes marijuana which ultimately doesn't matter because its still illegal in the state and to smoke in public, a lesson I'm certain I will have to teach some ignorant ski bum tomorrow at some point during my shift.

I have a buddy that works in Breckenridge. He's still in Yosemite right now but will be heading back. Noah Hopkins, know the name/guy?

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 5 16:55:34 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>
>I'm Brendan. I'm a traveling cook. Me and the great outdoors <3

a traveling cook? that sounds awesome. the outdoors are a wonderful place.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 5 16:56:39 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>Greetings and welcome. I'm more of a lurker, ...
>Welcome.
>
>For what it's worth...

thank you. loved the nyquil-induced paragraph. :)

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 5 16:58:01 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>Are these motorboats the remote control or wind up rubber band type...and would these ladies mind if I watched the gift exchange?
>
>

1. what? and, 2. no. audience is encouraged. :)

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 5 16:59:46 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>Hi ehwazingwaz! Welcome!
>I took some time away from here,too. I missed everyone though, so I came back to see what everyone is up to.
>You're interesting. I like.
>
>

thanks for the welcome! i am a multi-faceted she-wonder. :D i'll answer just about any question.

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 5 20:17:44 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've a question. What do you think of israel kamakawiwo'ole? I think he's just delightful.

kurohyou Posted: Thu Nov 5 23:00:53 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>libra said:
>
>>this is one of the best paragraphs i have read in a long time.
>
>kuro has a gift for writing. If this whole cop thing falls through you need to consider writing an autobiography. I'd read it.
>
>Just out of curiosity, when you find these pot smoking offenders do you chase them down the slopes in your cop car, or strap on a pair of skis and shoot at them like in a James Bond movie?

Depends. often times they do something to prompt me to come say hi. Shouting profanity across the parking lot or giving my favorite single finger salute, which is generally an instant cue that said individual is in need of assistance from law enforcement and being the community oriented officer I am I gladly render them the assistance they were requesting.

Ironically though we do have a detail where we ski in uniform. We are suited up in our ski gear, and tactical vests, guns and all and ride the slopes. Mostly we field questions from tourists asking if we're really cops, or the ones who can't compute that we're cops simply ask why we are skiing with guns.

One of my instructors in the academy said when he wrote his autobiography of being a cop he's going to call it "Naked Men Always Fight." Cuz apparently they do...

For what it's worth...

kurohyou Posted: Thu Nov 5 23:04:42 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>
>this is one of the best paragraphs i have read in a long time.
>thank you kuro...
>and stop lurking.

Thanks Libra and I'll try.

For what it's worth...

kurohyou Posted: Thu Nov 5 23:09:43 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>kurohyou said:
>>...whether or not Breckenridge decriminalizes marijuana which ultimately doesn't matter because its still illegal in the state and to smoke in public, a lesson I'm certain I will have to teach some ignorant ski bum tomorrow at some point during my shift.
>
>
>I have a buddy that works in Breckenridge. He's still in Yosemite right now but will be heading back. Noah Hopkins, know the name/guy?

Doesn't ring a bell but doesn't mean much. I have people come up to me in the supermarket all the time "Hey aren't you that one cop." There's only about 40 of us county wide maybe. 18 in my department so we tend to stand out.

I'll keep it in mind though if I run into him I'll say hi.

For what it's worth...

ehwazingwaz Posted: Fri Nov 6 00:58:17 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>I've a question. What do you think of israel kamakawiwo'ole? I think he's just delightful.

Indeed! Actually had a conversation about him in my folklore class the other day

addi Posted: Fri Nov 6 07:47:44 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>One of my instructors in the academy said when he wrote his autobiography of being a cop he's going to call it "Naked Men Always Fight." Cuz apparently they do...

The idiots!
Rest assured Kuro, if you ever find me high and naked on the ski slopes I will never try to fight you.

addi Posted: Fri Nov 6 07:49:17 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ...and Waz...thank you for breathing a little life in to this place. Nice to have you aboard ship...with your motorboats and all...whatever the hell they are.

choke Posted: Fri Nov 6 15:45:58 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>Greetings and welcome. I'm more of a lurker, but wandered back this evening in a Nyquil induced pseudo-coma as I battle what I'm describing as the pig-flu, if for no other reason than to do my part to spread the pandimonium about the pandemic which has yet to kill the same number of people as the normal flu,

If I can survive the swine anyone can! It's pretty gross though. I caught it at the same time as a friend and we got quarantined to the same house so we tried to have a swine flu party, but we were so ill that after two drinks my friend vomited on the floor and I passed out. Win!

Kira Posted: Fri Nov 6 19:21:54 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Nice to have you aboard ship...with your motorboats and all...whatever the hell they are.

Urban Dictionary is my friend.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Fri Nov 6 23:35:44 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>...and Waz...thank you for breathing a little life in to this place. Nice to have you aboard ship...with your motorboats and all...whatever the hell they are.

:D thank you. and yes, urban dictionary is a good reference. i wonder if its on wikipedia too. i imagine it is, though. lolz. besides that, you really were unaware of what it was? poor thing.. ;)

ehwazingwaz Posted: Fri Nov 6 23:36:45 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>
>
> we got quarantined to the same house so we tried to have a swine flu party, but we were so ill that after two drinks my friend vomited on the floor and I passed out. Win!

this sounds awesome!

addi Posted: Sat Nov 7 07:49:40 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>poor thing.. ;)

I hear that a lot from women.

I finally did the urban dictionary thing and discovered what motorboating is.

All I can say is that the activities between females that counts as fun these days has certainly changed from my wild youthful days (long ago).
'Tis a shame.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Sat Nov 7 16:47:11 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>
>All I can say is that the activities between females that counts as fun these days has certainly changed from my wild youthful days (long ago).
>'Tis a shame.

we have other fun besides just motorboating. care to share some of those fun things from your "wild youthful days"?

choke Posted: Sat Nov 7 18:27:50 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>choke said:
>>
>>
>> we got quarantined to the same house so we tried to have a swine flu party, but we were so ill that after two drinks my friend vomited on the floor and I passed out. Win!
>
>this sounds awesome!

Haha it sounds it, but it wasn't. We literally couldn't move for like 3 days, I looked like I had been swimming in my clothes from fever! We gave it a good go though haha

ehwazingwaz Posted: Sat Nov 7 18:33:25 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>
>>this sounds awesome!
>
>Haha it sounds it, but it wasn't. We literally couldn't move for like 3 days, I looked like I had been swimming in my clothes from fever! We gave it a good go though haha

well being sick is never fun, and its good that you are all better (you are, aren't you?) but i suppose it was the wording you used that made sickness sound so attractive.

misszero Posted: Sun Nov 8 03:27:05 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>I've a question. What do you think of israel kamakawiwo'ole? I think he's just delightful.

where were you when i was trying to spell that last name earlier this week? no, to be fair, where was the internet when i needed to spell anything ever?

oh, and welcome.

addi Posted: Sun Nov 8 12:27:40 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:

>care to share some of those fun things from your "wild youthful days"?

I would be happy to...if I could remember them : (

choke Posted: Sun Nov 8 17:09:13 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>
>well being sick is never fun, and its good that you are all better (you are, aren't you?) but i suppose it was the wording you used that made sickness sound so attractive.

Haha yes I'm fine now, well actually I have a chest infection but that's entirely different and these guys know I'm always down with something! And yes despite the physical shittiness of it, it was pretty fun haha

ehwazingwaz Posted: Sun Nov 8 18:13:44 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero: thank you very much :)

addi: that's too bad. i'm always up for an awesome story.

choke: crazyness! i'm a carrier so i don't get a lot of the "epidemic" sicknesses that most people encounter. i had my bout with chicken pox when i was little but as far as major illnesses that's about it.

Posted: Sun Nov 8 19:56:57 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Avatarless posters need avatars. If only for identification-at-a-glance.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Sun Nov 8 20:10:12 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>Avatarless posters need avatars.

you're so demanding! but here, i may bend to your will yet.

Puck Posted: Sun Nov 8 20:35:58 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  O.o

Ahriman Posted: Mon Nov 9 11:44:19 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Dear lord, it's actually nice weather...
Beach time!

:)

ehwazingwaz Posted: Mon Nov 9 14:41:47 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Dear lord, it's actually nice weather...
>Beach time!
>
>:)

<--- jealous... its gray today.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Nov 10 01:30:37 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i like it when it's overcast the sun hurts my eyes ick :P

ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Nov 10 11:26:14 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>i like it when it's overcast the sun hurts my eyes ick :P

what, for real? That's why god invented all species of sunglasses... and squinting.

Puck Posted: Tue Nov 10 12:48:43 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  as well as the hat

ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Nov 10 18:38:34 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>as well as the hat

ah yes, i had forgotten about that. i'm not too much of a hat type of girl myself. :)

Puck Posted: Tue Nov 10 19:00:32 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  the urban sombrero is an exception for everyone.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Nov 10 19:25:51 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>That's why god invented all species of sunglasses... and squinting.

close but no cigar

It is said that the Roman emperor Nero liked to watch gladiator fights with emeralds. These, however, appear to have worked rather like mirrors.[2] Flat panes of smoky quartz which offered no corrective powers but did protect the eyes from glare were used in China in the 12th century or possibly earlier. Contemporary documents describe the use of such crystals by judges in Chinese courts to conceal their facial expressions while questioning witnesses.[3]

James Ayscough began experimenting with tinted lenses in spectacles in the mid-18th century, around 1752. These were not "sunglasses" as such; Ayscough believed blue- or green-tinted glass could correct for specific vision impairments. Protection from the sun's rays was not a concern for him.

Yellow/amber and brown-tinted spectacles were also a commonly-prescribed item for people with syphilis in the 19th[dubious discuss] and early 20th centuries because sensitivity to light was one of the symptoms of the disease.

In prehistoric and historic time, Inuit peoples wore flattened walrus ivory "glasses," looking through narrow slits in order to block the harmful reflected rays of the sun.[4]

sorry i don't take much stock in God, Anu, Yahweh, Zeus, Thor, Buddah, mother goddess, Uzume, Quetzalcoatl, Ah Muzencab, Tabaldak, or Musikavanhu or whoever :) But i do believe in the amazing inventions of mankind :)

I am abit of a sun hater it causes the early onset of wrinkles, blemishes, and skin cancer :)

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Nov 10 19:29:35 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>ah yes, i had forgotten about that. i'm not too much of a hat type of girl myself. :)

hats are fantastic inventions that allow one with a severe case of horrid hair to remain adorable in public :D i love them n___n

Puck Posted: Tue Nov 10 20:46:34 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>i don't take much stock in God

Well, if god created man, and man created the transformers, then the transformers are like a gift from god!

ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Nov 10 20:52:16 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>ehwazingwaz said:
>>That's why god invented all species of sunglasses... and squinting.
>
>close but no cigar
>
>sorry i don't take much stock in God, Anu, Yahweh, Zeus, Thor, Buddah, mother goddess, Uzume, Quetzalcoatl, Ah Muzencab, Tabaldak, or Musikavanhu or whoever :) But i do believe in the amazing inventions of mankind :)
>
>I am abit of a sun hater it causes the early onset of wrinkles, blemishes, and skin cancer :)

first, it wasn't so much a statement about "god," or me projecting my religious beliefs all over the place, but more a general statement where "god" can really refer to anything/anyone, and simultaneously refers to nothing specific at all. sorry if that intrudes on how you feel about religion, but that's not the intention here. the point is, if the sun hurts your eyes, and you find yourself unable to avoid being in the sun, then you might as well invest in a pair of sunglasses to protect your eyes. or else stop staring at it.

and sure mankind has had many great and marvelous inventions, but there had to be some source from which mankind obtained the knowledge necessary for which to build things with. if you really think about it, humans are just like any other species of animals: we are born, we eat, sleep, shit, reproduce, shit some more, then we die. the only difference is that humans are capable of conscious thought and have motivations and emotions beyond those of instinct and biological (natural) behavior. and even if you do (or don't) believe in evolution, that theory still doesn't explain how humans stumbled upon the ability to think for themselves and to recognize themselves and individuals who are independent from others of their species, while at the same time realizing that they are also part of a collective society.

sure sun can damage the skin, but there are other protective methods besides just sunglasses and hats, like sunblock or sweaters. i have spent a lot of time in the sun (not because i tan all the time, please...) but because working on a farm requires some amount of time spent in the sun, with skin exposed (generally the face, ears, neck, and arms). I have a history of skin cancer in my family, so i have to be careful of how long i am in the sun, but even after years of hauling around hay bales and sweating my ass off working for my stepdad, i haven't got skin cancer yet, or wrinkles, only a few additional freckles (that have not proven to be cancerous).

additionally, if one does obtain wrinkles or freckles or blemishes, there are only billions upon billions of skin care products that one could use to help relieve such "ghastly" sights. and the trick with skin care is, if you take care of it BEFORE damaging it, it will be better off in the long run and the production of wrinkles/blemishes are severely decreased in the first place.

AND really, wrinkles and freckles and those sorts of things are part of life. it shows character, it can show joy or lots of laughter (crow's feet, etc) and can even be a physical reminder of certain events (like that one summer with your boyfriend on the beach when all is bliss and you don't care about anything else in the world because the only important thing is that he makes you laugh, etc). so i look at it this way: take care of your skin to begin with, keep taking care of it, and in the meantime, if you get any of those things, its not anything to be afraid of, but something that one should embrace as a part of life.

personally, i'd love to look like an old crone/witch when i'm old, because i'd have a really interesting face and my facial expressions horizon would be ten fold what it is now.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 10 21:01:12 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>
>I am abit of a sun hater it causes the early onset of wrinkles, blemishes, and skin cancer :)
>
I suspect that's probably due to genetic disposition as anything else since it doesn't seem to bother cultures that spend a lot of time in the sun all that much.

Also it's the only natural source of vitamin D as I understand it.

That being said, I don't like to spend a lot of time in the sun either as I tend to burn in just a few mins on a good hot day. Also some of my meds cause me to get dizzy in the sun.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Nov 10 21:09:36 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Cherry_Moon said:
>>
>>I am abit of a sun hater it causes the early onset of wrinkles, blemishes, and skin cancer :)
>>
>I suspect that's probably due to genetic disposition as anything else since it doesn't seem to bother cultures that spend a lot of time in the sun all that much.
>
>Also it's the only natural source of vitamin D as I understand it.
>
>That being said, I don't like to spend a lot of time in the sun either as I tend to burn in just a few mins on a good hot day. Also some of my meds cause me to get dizzy in the sun.

eep! careful! meds+sun+dizzy=no fun.

the sunlight also releases endorphins into the brain. these little guys make you feel happier overall. i forgot to mention that earlier.

Puck Posted: Tue Nov 10 21:12:31 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>...realizing that they are also part of a collective society.
I'm a what?

>only a few additional freckles
Freckles are hot.

>personally, i'd love to look like an old crone/witch when i'm old
Old people that don't actually look old kinda creep me out. I'll see someone from behind and I have to look at their elbows and hands to see if they're old or not.

Bakku-shan - (jap.) a woman who seems pretty when seen from behind, but not from the front

ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Nov 10 21:16:39 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>ehwazingwaz said:
>>...realizing that they are also part of a collective society.
>I'm a what?

an individual, but also a member of society, whether you try to be or not.

>>only a few additional freckles
>Freckles are hot.

thanks! (?) ;)

>
>>personally, i'd love to look like an old crone/witch when i'm old
>Old people that don't actually look old kinda creep me out. I'll see someone from behind and I have to look at their elbows and hands to see if they're old or not.
>

yeah, that's pretty terrible.

>Bakku-shan - (jap.) a woman who seems pretty when seen from behind, but not from the front

also known as a butter-face?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Nov 10 21:26:59 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i use to work on farms too :) i found out later about sun damage. i have a few freckles but they are pretty much gone. :) i don't think there is a system of belief when it comes to evolution. phrasing it that way almost seems like asking whether people believe in gravity. but meh. i just think there is too much scientific proof for it. but meh. butterfaces are awful and the bane of lesbian clubs everywhere! :P

Kira Posted: Tue Nov 10 21:55:11 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm trying to remember the last time anybody asked me straight out, "Do you believe in god?" I suppose it starts to sound too blunt/rude after a certain age.

I don't burn easily. I think this may actually be a disadvantage because I am more likely to forget to put sunscreen on, so even though I don't see physical evidence of sun damage later, I have still absorbed an unhealthy amount of radiation.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Nov 11 01:12:33 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>i use to work on farms too :) i found out later about sun damage. i have a few freckles but they are pretty much gone. :) i don't think there is a system of belief when it comes to evolution. phrasing it that way almost seems like asking whether people believe in gravity. but meh. i just think there is too much scientific proof for it. but meh. butterfaces are awful and the bane of lesbian clubs everywhere! :P

knowledge is socially constructed, based on the invention of language (written). therefore, any thought which has ever been thunk (thought? idk) originated in language first, and any concept/thing/person/idea/theory could not be communicated clearly if there were no (agreed-upon) language to transmit that information from one person to another. so it is entirely legitimate that a person might believe in gravity (or not), but either way, it doesn't change what gravity is, how it works, or to what it is applicable. the only thing that changes between belief and fact is... "fact" is "knowledge" and "knowledge" is constructed (invented, if you will) by the human mind through thoughts which are, in turn, originated in language. ULTIMATELY, nothing is true, while at the same time, all is true; nothing is false, while at the same time all is false. these things all occur simultaneously and this, dear, is what the universe is all about. "the only thing that remains the same is/everything changes/everything changes"

and i agree that butterfaces are icky, but there's no changing that either.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Nov 11 01:16:33 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>I'm trying to remember the last time anybody asked me straight out, "Do you believe in god?" I suppose it starts to sound too blunt/rude after a certain age.
>

this seems that it will forever be a difficult question for some to answer. i have a hard time of it myself, even though i've come to several (very broad) conclusions that are not cohesive and do not apply to each other.

>I don't burn easily. I think this may actually be a disadvantage because I am more likely to forget to put sunscreen on, so even though I don't see physical evidence of sun damage later, I have still absorbed an unhealthy amount of radiation.
>

that's a bummer. i generally burn once, then tan for the rest of the summer, but generally only on my arms, because the rest of me is never really exposed to sun long enough to decide whether it should burn or tan or do nothing at all but pretend to be a reflector. i never look pink when i'm outside after i've been burned, but only after i go back into the house, and then i realize i look like a near-ripe radish. :/

Mark Posted: Wed Nov 11 03:02:50 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wow talk about a topic change :p Anyway, although it is a bit late let me say welcome to ehwazingwaz. I'm not a real regular here myself, but stay around for a while. There are some nice and interesting people here :)

Ahriman Posted: Wed Nov 11 18:00:20 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>I'm trying to remember the last time anybody asked me straight out, "Do you believe in god?" I suppose it starts to sound too blunt/rude after a certain age.

I have discussions with my grandfather concerning religion quite often. No matter the discussion. Reverence for life and this place we live on is what I hold dear. Soooo...how about hugs for all?

Puck Posted: Wed Nov 11 19:22:12 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Reverence for life and this place we live on is what I hold dear. Soooo...how about hugs for all?
>
> :)

*tacklehugs

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Nov 11 21:07:49 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Kira said:
>>I'm trying to remember the last time anybody asked me straight out, "Do you believe in god?" I suppose it starts to sound too blunt/rude after a certain age.
>
>I have discussions with my grandfather concerning religion quite often. No matter the discussion. Reverence for life and this place we live on is what I hold dear. Soooo...how about hugs for all?
>
> :)
Yeah, but still . . . . some people just need killing.
:-)

sweet p Posted: Wed Nov 11 21:22:10 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'll take a hug.

Puck Posted: Wed Nov 11 21:32:01 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Am I the only one who's been craving the GT Cafe again?

libra Posted: Wed Nov 11 23:12:07 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This is the longest thread we've had in like, years, it seems like.

Posted: Wed Nov 11 23:23:05 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>This is the longest thread we've had in like, years, it seems like.

This is the longest thread since 2 years, 4 days ago: http://www.generationterrorists.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=view&thread_id=88816

Kira Posted: Wed Nov 11 23:50:15 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Don't jinx it!

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 12 11:25:01 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mark said:
>Wow talk about a topic change :p Anyway, although it is a bit late let me say welcome to ehwazingwaz. I'm not a real regular here myself, but stay around for a while. There are some nice and interesting people here :)

thank you for the welcome :) it is much appreciated.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 12 11:26:01 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Ahriman said:
>>Kira said:
>>>I'm trying to remember the last time anybody asked me straight out, "Do you believe in god?" I suppose it starts to sound too blunt/rude after a certain age.
>>
>>I have discussions with my grandfather concerning religion quite often. No matter the discussion. Reverence for life and this place we live on is what I hold dear. Soooo...how about hugs for all?
>>
>> :)
>Yeah, but still . . . . some people just need killing.
>:-)

lol. i'm with ahriman here.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 12 11:26:28 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>Am I the only one who's been craving the GT Cafe again?

what is that?

libra Posted: Thu Nov 12 12:42:25 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>Puck said:
>>Am I the only one who's been craving the GT Cafe again?
>
>what is that?

http://www.generationterrorists.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=view&thread_id=25873

addi Posted: Fri Nov 13 07:32:27 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I forgot. How's the coffee in the GT cafe?

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Nov 13 19:54:56 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>I forgot. How's the coffee in the GT cafe?
>
It's really sticky when you get it spilled on your thong and nipple armor.

Posted: Sat Nov 14 00:37:09 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Geez, we're just 3 posts away from 100! I really hope nobody ruins the hundredth post by writing some kind of meaninglses drivle.

Posted: Sat Nov 14 00:38:32 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>Geez, we're just 3 posts away from 100! I really hope nobody ruins the hundredth post by writing some kind of meaninglses drivle.

*meaningless

Posted: Sat Nov 14 00:38:51 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>CriminalSaint said:
>>Geez, we're just 3 posts away from 100! I really hope nobody ruins the hundredth post by writing some kind of meaninglses drivle.
>
>*meaningless

*drivel

libra Posted: Sat Nov 14 03:09:44 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>CriminalSaint said:
>>CriminalSaint said:
>>>Geez, we're just 3 posts away from 100! I really hope nobody ruins the hundredth post by writing some kind of meaninglses drivle.
>>
>>*meaningless
>
>*drivel

haha.

thank you crim.
it makes me happy to reach 100 posts again...

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Nov 18 15:08:55 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>ehwazingwaz said:
>>Kira said:
>>>
>>>I love to write, too.
>>
>>what do you enjoy writing?
>
>Currently I am working on a short story about an interspecies relationship, and how frustrating and depressing it would be if your boyfriend was a two-ton flying lizard who lives in a cave.
>

i just remembered having read a vampire story this summer that reminds me of your concept. i dug out my vampire book and looked through the table of contents but further research will have to ensue before i can tell you the name of the story. and its not a vampire story like dracula or twilight or blade, but more that the vampire was a creature (less human than in tradition). perhaps my professor will remember the title. i'll ask him on thursday.

Kira Posted: Wed Nov 18 17:05:29 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>
>i just remembered having read a vampire story this summer that reminds me of your concept. i dug out my vampire book and looked through the table of contents but further research will have to ensue before i can tell you the name of the story. and its not a vampire story like dracula or twilight or blade, but more that the vampire was a creature (less human than in tradition). perhaps my professor will remember the title. i'll ask him on thursday.

That sounds interesting, thanks! I hope your professor remembers it.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 19 18:47:22 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>
>That sounds interesting, thanks! I hope your professor remembers it.

so i asked my professor and it was exactly the story i thought it was!

http://www.abebooks.com/PENGUIN-BOOK-VAMPIRE-STORIES-Rendezvous-Averoigne/1227444990/bd

this is the anthology of vampire stories that i have, and it's "Bite-Me-Not or, Fleur de Feu" by Tanith Lee. it's the very last story in the book. i highly recommend this book in general also, simply because it is full of great things, like Shambleau and terrifying things like Mindworm, and has stuff with different viewpoints like Over The River. it could more than likely also be found on amazon.

Kira Posted: Thu Nov 19 20:08:43 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oooo I like Tanith Lee.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 19 20:14:36 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Oooo I like Tanith Lee.

*dance* me too.

mat_j Posted: Wed Dec 2 07:26:14 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello there,

I'm warm hearted, heavy drinking, curmudgeon and GT protogenos, the first one who almight JQ released on the GTverse.

The following statements are as true as they can be.

I knew addi would ask about motorboating the moment i read it, he can't resist.

I don't believe in God anymore or even Gosh his polite counterpart. If i did believe in God though i would believe that it was the product of an ancient far off civilization's internet becoming sentient and moving into hyperspace to exist due to the ability to be everywherer at once, and it uses sentient minds as memory/ hard disk space.

We're very glad to have you on board!

Mat x

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Dec 2 18:45:22 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.sunnyway.com/runes/meanings.html

in case you were wondering. and skipping the male fertility part. also can mean "harmony"

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Dec 2 18:46:52 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>
>I don't believe in God anymore or even Gosh his polite counterpart. If i did believe in God though i would believe that it was the product of an ancient far off civilization's internet becoming sentient and moving into hyperspace to exist due to the ability to be everywherer at once, and it uses sentient minds as memory/ hard disk space.

interesting concept. :-D

>
>We're very glad to have you on board!

thanks very much for the welcome!

Puck Posted: Wed Dec 2 19:37:45 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I needed to revise my name's runic spelling anyway.

Puck Posted: Sat Dec 5 17:35:56 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>i'm a bitch
Occasional crabfest? Or KamehamehaBiotch?

>i'm a mother
WHOA MAMA!

:D

ehwazingwaz Posted: Sat Dec 5 21:05:24 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>ehwazingwaz said:
>>i'm a bitch
>Occasional crabfest? Or KamehamehaBiotch?

only crab dip. that you put on crackers. i don't know what the rest of that means.

>
>>i'm a mother
>WHOA MAMA!

i said not really!

>
>:D

:-p :-)

Puck Posted: Sat Dec 5 22:17:24 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>i don't know what the rest of that means.

Good. You're not missing anything...

ehwazingwaz Posted: Sun Dec 6 02:31:42 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>ehwazingwaz said:
>>i don't know what the rest of that means.
>
>Good. You're not missing anything...

:-)p

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]