Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Thanksgiving
Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Nov 12 12:36:08 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  What is everybody up to for thanksgiving?

libra Posted: Thu Nov 12 12:45:03 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I already had Canadian Thanksgiving in October...so I don't get to do anything in November...
I'll probably just be working on my paper.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 12 15:06:56 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>I already had Canadian Thanksgiving in October...so I don't get to do anything in November...
>I'll probably just be working on my paper.

There is no reason why you can't celebrate both holidays... They are in different months after all.

Personally I'll be visiting family on the day of for the big meal, then I'll be visiting friends back home for a day or two til I have to go back to work. I'll also be doing lots of homework during the week off from school.

libra Posted: Thu Nov 12 15:13:08 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>libra said:
>
>There is no reason why you can't celebrate both holidays... They are in different months after all.
>

I would like to celebrate American Thanksgiving...but there's no one to cook it for me here! And I'm certainly not going to...so, hopefully next year I'll be back down in California for thanksgiving.
Plus, I have started to see Canadian thanksgiving as the legit one, because American thanksgiving was moved from October to November way back in the day.

Kira Posted: Thu Nov 12 16:32:14 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Working.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Nov 12 22:07:43 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  when the cat is away the mouse plays...

i'll be going on a trip with my folks that week, seeing family and probably getting fat.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 12 22:59:38 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>ehwazingwaz said:
>>libra said:
>
>I would like to celebrate American Thanksgiving...but there's no one to cook it for me here!

I'd cook something for you! I just don't know where you are and I'm a bit short on travel expenses for this year. :/

addi Posted: Fri Nov 13 07:34:47 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  First Thanksgiving in 22 years without my son being with us. : (

No plans this year. Maybe I'll go to McD's and get a McTurkey burger.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Fri Nov 13 11:00:24 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>First Thanksgiving in 22 years without my son being with us. : (
>

hugs!

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Nov 13 19:53:56 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>First Thanksgiving in 22 years without my son being with us. : (
>
>No plans this year. Maybe I'll go to McD's and get a McTurkey burger.
>
Yeah, but now there will be more leftovers for you, though it's not as much fun without him to share them with, I'm sure.

Puck Posted: Fri Nov 13 22:50:08 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>though it's not as much fun without him to share them with, I'm sure.

Everything is immensely better in good company

ehwazingwaz Posted: Sat Nov 14 16:57:58 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>though it's not as much fun without him to share them with, I'm sure.
>
>Everything is immensely better in good company

quite!

Ahriman Posted: Sat Nov 14 17:22:19 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Oh I think I'm going to do some extra special dishes this year. If I could get the funds, I'd make a turducken. Maybe a little Ferran Adrià inspired desert. I haven't used my siphon in a hot minute. I feel like putting an italian twist on the holiday...fried cranberry chèvre raviolis/apple spice gastrique/roasted balsamic cipollini onions/maple-whiskey sweet potato puree...well that's just off the top of my head...hmmm...

Puck Posted: Sat Nov 14 17:27:25 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  O_O

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Nov 14 18:07:34 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Oh I think I'm going to do some extra special dishes this year. If I could get the funds, I'd make a turducken. Maybe a little Ferran Adrià inspired desert. I haven't used my siphon in a hot minute. I feel like putting an italian twist on the holiday...fried cranberry chèvre raviolis/apple spice gastrique/roasted balsamic cipollini onions/maple-whiskey sweet potato puree...well that's just off the top of my head...hmmm...
>
weenie dog soup

Puck Posted: Sat Nov 14 18:33:45 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>weenie dog soup

My bro and I usually hit up Ryan's or Denny's out of spite for traditional family holiday dinners. It's been a few years, so I don't think I'll be able to stomach Ryan's anymore.

Kira Posted: Sat Nov 14 21:56:30 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman, if you haven't got girls fawning all over you already, go find yourself a small flock and talk chef to them. Without that last little smug part, of course.

Seriously, I don't even like fancy dishes and I'm sitting here thinking, "Oh my!"

Puck Posted: Sat Nov 14 22:03:10 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>if you haven't got girls fawning all over you already
why's it gotta be all exclusive, huh? I mean, uh... I'm not fawning; I'm just appreciating an artist.

>Without that last little smug part, of course.
psh! No way, dude. It's totally necessary.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Nov 15 02:43:03 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Oh I think I'm going to do some extra special dishes this year. If I could get the funds, I'd make a turducken.
>
A turducken ?
Why would anyone eat something that begins with turd ?

kurohyou Posted: Sun Nov 15 12:13:29 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Working. Day shift this year for the first time in two.

I think the resorts stay open so it will probably be a day like any other, with some structure fires related to burnt food tossed in the mix.

Not that it matters...

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 19 02:05:11 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Ahriman said:
>>Oh I think I'm going to do some extra special dishes this year. If I could get the funds, I'd make a turducken.
>>
>A turducken ?
>Why would anyone eat something that begins with turd ?

lmao! as cool (or not) as a turducken may be, i find them to be 1. overly cheesy and not in the tasty way and 2. requiring an extensive amount of preparation and are generally a pain in the ass (mostly for the various birds involved).

but i have to agree with the turd comment...and to be honest i've never thought of it that way before. :/

Ahriman Posted: Sat Nov 21 09:10:52 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Had a holiday party yesterday.

Roasted pork tenderloin stuffed with cranberries, cherries, raisins, and ginger on top of sweet potato cornbread stuffing and a cherry jus

Whipped buttered rum squash

Grilled Garlic Asparagus

Swiss scalloped potatoes with shallots

Roast of Ribeye with horseradish and jus

and there was other stuff but my eyes don't want to stay open anymore...g'night...kind of.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Sat Nov 21 15:04:10 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Had a holiday party yesterday.
>
>Roasted pork tenderloin stuffed with cranberries, cherries, raisins, and ginger on top of sweet potato cornbread stuffing and a cherry jus
>
>Whipped buttered rum squash
>
>Grilled Garlic Asparagus
>
>Swiss scalloped potatoes with shallots
>
>Roast of Ribeye with horseradish and jus
>
>and there was other stuff but my eyes don't want to stay open anymore...g'night...kind of.
>

wow...i wish my holidays were that groovy. apparently i'm running with the wrong crowd.

sweet p Posted: Thu Nov 26 09:36:40 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Happy Thanksgiving to all of my GT friends celebrating today.

Eat triple for me!
I am thankful for you guys <3

Ahriman Posted: Thu Nov 26 11:41:11 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  sweet p said:
>Happy Thanksgiving to all of my GT friends celebrating today.
>
>Eat triple for me!
>I am thankful for you guys <3

Ditto :)

Much Love to All!

ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Nov 26 12:14:33 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  NOMS!!!!!

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 26 12:33:11 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am having a houseful of people. 10+ Making loootttttsssss of food.

addi Posted: Thu Nov 26 13:47:29 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Happy Thanksgiving GTers!
And don't forget gluttony is a sin, and so is wasting food...so try to find the perfect balance between the two. : )

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 26 19:57:32 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  snickerdoodle pie is awesome !

Mesh Posted: Thu Nov 26 22:09:07 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo full.

Puck Posted: Thu Nov 26 23:56:55 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not sure if it's because I wore pants that fit or if I ate properly and knew when to stop, but I made it out feeling fine.

mat_j Posted: Wed Dec 2 07:42:20 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  See in November in the UK we look forward to something called Bonfire night, fireworks night or Guy Fawkes night. On this night we burn effigies of a guy called Guido 'Guy' Fawkes and unleash fireworks into the stratosphere with furious intent.

It's meant to celebrate the foiling of a plot by Guy and a band of conspirators lead by Robert Catesby to blow up the houses of Parliament and kill King James I and his family who attending the state opening of parliament.

due to my former catholicism and strong pro republican* beliefs I don't really celebrate it, i just thought i'd tell you what we get upto while you guys have your christmas practice run.

xx

*Small r republican before anyone says anything!!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]