Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

All Athletes Accept Arbitrary Accommodations
Ahriman Posted: Sat Nov 28 15:22:43 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  All Athletes Accept Arbitrary Accommodations...what the...

I work out so I can drink more beer. Yay!


 
Ahriman Posted: Sat Nov 28 17:32:43 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just came to that conclusion in the shower whilst drinking a beer...


 
Ahriman Posted: Sat Nov 28 17:33:55 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I mean there are other reasons, of course. It doesn't make it any less true though...and I'm all out of beer...well...good beer.


 
ehwazingwaz Posted: Sat Nov 28 19:21:06 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Just came to that conclusion in the shower whilst drinking a beer...


showering, and drinking a beer at the same time? interesting.

i had a first the other day: i had a drink before ten a.m. it wasn't the best choice, but not the worst either.


 
Puck Posted: Sat Nov 28 20:32:55 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>i had a first the other day: i had a drink before ten a.m. it wasn't the best choice, but not the worst either.

I sometimes wonder if I should have a swig at 430am before heading out to work. They really need a notice posted by the time clock, displaying the maximum blood-alcohol level you're allowed to have at work. I could see myself swaying about a la drunken fist, with my hands like claws to pick up donuts instead of having sake bowl fists


 
Mesh Posted: Sat Nov 28 23:23:44 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Just came to that conclusion in the shower whilst drinking a beer...


I've done that. Smoked and drank in the shower...and yes, you can smoke a ciggy in the shower, you just have to be very careful and keep that one hand completely away from the stream and keep your arm angled so that no water from your shoulder makes its way down that arm and to the hand.

Also, my lord I've drank and insane amount this month. Especially the last two weeks. For crying out loud...five bottles of wine, a bottle of jack, and more beers than I care to count. All I know is the number absolutely must be above 100 since I did over 20 in one night.


Yes, I have a problem that has come back to attack me. It happens. I go through phases.

I'll die young.


 
Ahriman Posted: Sat Nov 28 23:40:12 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:

>showering, and drinking a beer at the same time? interesting.
...and awesome...

>i had a first the other day: i had a drink before ten a.m. it wasn't the best choice, but not the worst either.
Hehehe :)
Please tell me it was a whiskey sour.


 
Ahriman Posted: Sat Nov 28 23:45:07 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>I've done that. Smoked and drank in the shower...and yes, you can smoke a ciggy in the shower, you just have to be very careful and keep that one hand completely away from the stream and keep your arm angled so that no water from your shoulder makes its way down that arm and to the hand.


Yea....a ciggy...
;)

All I can say to anyone is that you should make sure that you don't drop your glass...bottle...on the floor of your shower. I don't imagine nudity and broken glass(at least in that context) being fun.


 
Puck Posted: Sat Nov 28 23:48:51 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>I'll die young.

Live well and party hard, bro


 
Puck Posted: Sat Nov 28 23:53:51 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>I don't imagine nudity and broken glass(at least in that context) being fun.

I think there was a suicide girl that had a photoset of that sort. ha


 
Mesh Posted: Sun Nov 29 01:30:29 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
> I did over 20 in one night.
>
To elucidate, it's not like I started at ten and stopped at one. 7pm-5am




 
choke Posted: Sun Nov 29 06:26:13 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>I'll die young.

And happy!

We used to have a shower block in my hostel where everyone would take their alcohol and have power showers (drinking in shower) while getting ready to go out.

I did my once in a lifetime 21 shots last night :D


 
ehwazingwaz Posted: Sun Nov 29 17:11:00 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>ehwazingwaz said:
>
>>showering, and drinking a beer at the same time? interesting.
>...and awesome...
>
>>i had a first the other day: i had a drink before ten a.m. it wasn't the best choice, but not the worst either.
>Hehehe :)
>Please tell me it was a whiskey sour.

no, it wasn't. :D if it had been, i'd have been toast. i'm a lightweight and proud of it! that probably keeps me out of a lot of trouble.


 
Puck Posted: Sun Nov 29 20:48:23 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:

>i'm a lightweight and proud of it! that probably keeps me out of a lot of trouble.

Plus, it's cheaper to not need much. Assuming you even need to buy your own drinks.


 
ehwazingwaz Posted: Sun Nov 29 22:53:07 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>ehwazingwaz said:
>
>>i'm a lightweight and proud of it! that probably keeps me out of a lot of trouble.
>
>Plus, it's cheaper to not need much. Assuming you even need to buy your own drinks.

haha, i didn't buy my drinks last night, my bff did. it was good to have a girls night...


 
kurohyou Posted: Sun Nov 29 23:49:46 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>Ahriman said:
>>Just came to that conclusion in the shower whilst drinking a beer...
>
>
>showering, and drinking a beer at the same time? interesting.
>
>i had a first the other day: i had a drink before ten a.m. it wasn't the best choice, but not the worst either.

I have a strict no beer before 11a rule. But working the graveyard shift and having an occasional drink after work really confused me when I felt like having a beer at 7a when I got home.

Working the day shift has made that easier to reconcile in my own mind. But Day shift has posed other problems, namely I seem to get more complaints from the day walkers for not smiling.

But after what happened in Washington today with 4 cops getting killed in a coffee shop, Not sure many of us in this field are smiling today.

For what it's worth...


 
ehwazingwaz Posted: Mon Nov 30 01:21:42 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>
>But after what happened in Washington today with 4 cops getting killed in a coffee shop, Not sure many of us in this field are smiling today.


please fill in those of us who are clueless and/or do not have enough money to pay for cable television.


 
addi Posted: Mon Nov 30 07:05:53 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:

>please fill in those of us who are clueless and/or do not have enough money to pay for cable television.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8385421.stm


I actually thought about you, Kuro, when that story broke. I know you aren't in that area, but it was a sobering reminder of how dangerous your job can be, and how many people out there are nuts.
I do so hate guns, and for a person that genuinely likes other people, sometimes I really do hate people, and much prefer the company of my dog.


 
kurohyou Posted: Mon Nov 30 18:30:52 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ehwazingwaz said:
>
>>please fill in those of us who are clueless and/or do not have enough money to pay for cable television.
>
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8385421.stm
>
>
>I actually thought about you, Kuro, when that story broke. I know you aren't in that area, but it was a sobering reminder of how dangerous your job can be, and how many people out there are nuts.
>I do so hate guns, and for a person that genuinely likes other people, sometimes I really do hate people, and much prefer the company of my dog.

The short version is that 4 cops in Lakewood, WA were shot and killed in a coffee shop as they were getting ready to start their shift.

The guy took off and they still haven't found him, though they are saying one of the cops may have shot the guy in the leg before succumbing to his wounds.

What gets me is the number of multiple cop fatalities we've had this year. There was Oakland, CA where four were killed in one day, and then Pittsburgh, PA where three were killed in one day. All of them stupid and, as Addi said, sobering reminders of how dangerous what we do is and how many people are crazy out there.

For what it's worth...




 
ifihadahif Posted: Mon Nov 30 19:40:37 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>I actually thought about you, Kuro, when that story broke. I know you aren't in that area, but it was a sobering reminder of how dangerous your job can be, and how many people out there are nuts.
>I do so hate guns, and for a person that genuinely likes other people, sometimes I really do hate people, and much prefer the company of my dog.
>
Well Addi it's true, some people are no better than dogs. But that doesn't change the fact that most people are good law abiding citizens for the most part.
It's just that the bad eggs really far more visible than the rest of us by comparison.
You can hate the guns all you want but no amount of firearm legislation would have prevented this.


 
Ahriman Posted: Mon Nov 30 20:35:04 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I know that people died which is bad. I don't know why they were killed or what the reality of the situation is so I won't pass judgment. I've seen a lot of crazy people in my life and I've seen a lot of corrupt people in places of power. I won't sway because of initial reaction. As for the news articles describing the whole situation...come on.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Tue Dec 1 08:39:50 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Bulletins coming in now report that the bastard that shot those cops has been killed in a Seattle suburb.
Can't say that I'm sorry he's dead other than maybe a trial, then his murder in prison might have been a more satisfying fate for those close to this tragic event.
These 4 policemen left behind 9 children and that is unforgiveable to me.
I understand that they have arrested 3 family members or friends that were helping him to evade law enforcement. I wish they could get them for accessory to murder, but probably not. Too bad for they are just as guilty as he was in my opinion.
I wish they would have to face the families of the victims and explain their actions right before they lock the door and throw away the key.
I also think that killing a cop should be considered more grievous than killing a civilian.
Perhaps this is the only real justification for hate crime legislation in my eyes.



 
kurohyou Posted: Tue Dec 1 22:58:32 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Bulletins coming in now report that the bastard that shot those cops has been killed in a Seattle suburb.
>Can't say that I'm sorry he's dead other than maybe a trial, then his murder in prison might have been a more satisfying fate for those close to this tragic event.
>These 4 policemen left behind 9 children and that is unforgiveable to me.
>I understand that they have arrested 3 family members or friends that were helping him to evade law enforcement. I wish they could get them for accessory to murder, but probably not. Too bad for they are just as guilty as he was in my opinion.
>I wish they would have to face the families of the victims and explain their actions right before they lock the door and throw away the key.
>I also think that killing a cop should be considered more grievous than killing a civilian.
>Perhaps this is the only real justification for hate crime legislation in my eyes.
>

Its moments like this when I have to gut check and find out if this job is changing me.

My initial reaction was not one of compassion or understanding for the actions of a man who was trouble. My initial reaction was relief as well. Not that he was dead, but because he was killed. All too often these mass murdering cowards will commit their crimes and then kill themselves. Killing the innocent, defensless and unsuspecting and then offing themselves before someone who can fight back can get there.

That reaction from inside of me... worries me... a great deal.

For what it's worth...


 
mat_j Posted: Wed Dec 2 08:45:01 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Can we talk about beer again now?


 
Puck Posted: Wed Dec 2 18:02:04 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have nothing to say of beer, but my chocolate chai latte is kicking ass.

chai latte concentrate
milk
kahlua
choco syrup
about a tablespoon of maple syrup
whipped cream stirred in


 
kurohyou Posted: Thu Dec 3 00:35:32 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Can we talk about beer again now?

Be my guest.

My friend is actually in the process of producing, directing and shooting a new television show on beer. Set to Air in December here sometime. I think its going to be web based.

I'm excited for him.

I just finished two and am going to pass out. Got myself a new puppy today so I'm not anticipating a lot of sleep but its all good. I like me some puppy. I've found them to be better companions.

For what it's worth...


 
mat_j Posted: Thu Dec 3 07:52:11 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cool you should post a link up when it comes online, i like beer :-)

Awww puppy, what flavour is he/she?


 
kurohyou Posted: Thu Dec 3 07:58:25 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  She's a shepherd mix. other part we think may be heeler because of some spotting on her paws and nose. Named her Asia.

And, contrary to the info given by the shelter, she is calm, learns quick, seems housetrained (had one accident last night) and is a pretty mellow dog. The only battle I lost last night was that I was trying to not get her to sleep on the bed, but at some point she jumped up on the bed and I was too tired to correct her. Not a huge deal, all my friends dogs sleep on the bed when they are over anyway.

Previous owners also said she hated her kennel, but she's in there right now chewing on a bone. So all in all things are well.

I'll put a link as soon as he gets the show site set up. He also has some other cool ideas for some beer realated programming he is working on. It should be fun.

For what it's worth...


 
addi Posted: Thu Dec 3 13:30:05 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My previous dog was a shepard/huskie mix. She was a beautiful pooch with a great personality.

And they are great company too. So loyal and they never nag at you to take out the trash. Really all you have to put up with sometimes is having them lick your face...right after they've licked themselves, which can be a little annoying.


 
ehwazingwaz Posted: Thu Dec 3 17:18:46 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  we have a shepherd mix. she's uber cute but she's been trying to get out of the backyard, which causes her to rub all the fur/skin off of her forehead. she's still pretty youthful but she's almost a year. she has a TON of energy. she sleeps in the kennel at night. we have problems with her jumping on people when they come over to the house cuz she gets sooo excited to see them, so we're working on that with her. otherwise, very loyal and sweet and has the *cutest* puppy dog eyes i've ever seen on a dog. :-)


 
Kira Posted: Thu Dec 3 18:13:14 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  From now on I'm going to consider any thread started by Ahriman to be an open thread from the word go, so that I'm not always trying to remember what it's about.

*dizzy*

Dogs! I have an old deaf crone of a border collie and a sweet young bc/husky mix. I must say I still favor the old lady. She hasn't got the best manners, she's old and stiff, she can't hear, she's only got half a coat of fur and she smells bad, but she's SO smart and still perfect as far as I'm concerned.

The mix is the model citizen: sweet, obedient, good-looking, kid-friendly. He's also timid and easily discouraged so he requires a lot of patience to train.


 
Mesh Posted: Fri Dec 4 01:39:22 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Beer...I'm drinking wine. It's cold out and wine warms me right the hell up.


 
ehwazingwaz Posted: Fri Dec 4 03:10:11 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>Beer...I'm drinking wine. It's cold out and wine warms me right the hell up.

same for me. i wish i had a good bottle right about now. hooray for being broke.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Fri Dec 4 20:24:42 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>Wisenheimer said:
>>Beer...I'm drinking wine. It's cold out and wine warms me right the hell up.
>
>same for me. i wish i had a good bottle right about now. hooray for being broke.
>
Brandy works best for me when it's cold outside.
I used to always take a bottle or two of Paul Masson brandy when we went cold weather camping. It's especially good when mixed with hot cocoa.


 
Mesh Posted: Fri Dec 4 20:50:38 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I like to take whiskey camping. Oh yes, bourbon.


 
Puck Posted: Wed Dec 9 18:05:17 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm having a rum and cherry coke cuz I'm not interested in being creatively inebriated.
From a Curious George Valentine's Day mug, mind you!


 
Puck Posted: Wed Dec 9 19:00:22 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  WOO FUZZY HEAD

yeah
:j


 
Puck Posted: Wed Dec 9 19:48:14 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  how can one sensibly be an altruistic hedonist and a borderline solipsist at the same time?

*bouncing around*


 
ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Dec 9 20:45:20 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>how can one sensibly be an altruistic hedonist and a borderline solipsist at the same time?
>
>*bouncing around*


maybe you should avoid posting while drunk. :-) or not, actually, as it is very entertaining.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 9 21:09:34 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Does anyone else think it's child abuse to smoke in a car with your kids ?


 
Puck Posted: Wed Dec 9 22:06:12 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Lady, whatcha talkin bout?! I's cool!


Yeah, that's totally a low-level of child abuse. But then again, I think that parents who shout a lot are mildly abusive too.


 
Kira Posted: Wed Dec 9 22:20:52 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If I spent a lot of time thinking about all the idiots out there who have no business being parents, I'd go crazy.

Yeah, smoking around kids is pretty despicable.


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]