Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Every Enthusiast Eats Epicly
Ahriman Posted: Mon Dec 7 15:20:09 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I have a lot of books I don't need anymore...hmmm....

Kira Posted: Mon Dec 7 16:20:16 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.paperbackswap.com/

http://www.bookmooch.com/

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Dec 7 16:30:59 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>I have a lot of books I don't need anymore...hmmm....
>
Cookbooks ?

ehwazingwaz Posted: Tue Dec 8 16:36:50 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i will give you my address.

Puck Posted: Tue Dec 8 17:25:15 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>i will give you my address.

Party at Waz's place!

ehwazingwaz Posted: Wed Dec 9 15:22:38 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>ehwazingwaz said:
>>i will give you my address.
>
>Party at Waz's place!

Let me clear the mice out first :-)

Puck Posted: Wed Dec 9 16:38:38 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  nothin' like the vibration of 12 jumping people to drive out pests

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 9 21:30:44 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Going way off topic here but . . . .

HOW TO MAKE A WOMAN HAPPY

It's not difficult to make a woman happy.
A man only needs to be:

1. a friend
2. a companion
3. a lover
4. a brother
5. a father
6. a master
7. a chef
8. an electrician
9. a carpenter
10. a plumber
11. a mechanic
12. a decorator
13. a stylist
14. a sexologist
15. a gynecologist
16. a psychologist
17. a pest exterminator
18. a psychiatrist
19. a healer
20. a good listener
21. an organizer
22. a good father
23. very clean
24. sympathetic
25. athletic
26. warm
27. attentive
28. gallant
29. intelligent
30. funny
31. creative
32. tender
33. strong
34. understanding
35. tolerant
36. prudent
37. ambitious
38. capable
39. courageous
40. determined
41. true
42. dependable
43. passionate
44. compassionate

WITHOUT FORGETTING TO:
45. give her compliments regularly
46. love shopping
47. be honest
48. be very rich
49. not stress her out
50. not look at other girls

AND AT THE SAME TIME, YOU MUST ALSO:
51. give her lots of attention, but expect little yourself
52. give her lots of time, especially time for herself
53. give her lots of space, never worrying about where she goes

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT:
54. Never to forget:
* birthdays
* anniversaries
* arrangements she makes

HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY

1. Show up naked
2. Bring food

Puck Posted: Wed Dec 9 22:09:27 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  that post has a happy ending.

:D

Kira Posted: Wed Dec 9 22:28:38 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You guys don't fool me with your funny lists. Men want all the meaningful things too. Admit it!

Puck Posted: Wed Dec 9 22:54:25 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  very much, dear.

Kira Posted: Thu Dec 10 00:00:36 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  While we're off-topic, I've been waiting with bated breath for weeks now for one of Jason's rare posts so I have an excuse to ask him how his little girl is doing, and the anticipation is killing me.

Puck Posted: Thu Dec 10 00:10:51 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd sooner try facebook.

Kira Posted: Thu Dec 10 00:18:34 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not on Facebook...

Mesh Posted: Thu Dec 10 02:37:58 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>You guys don't fool me with your funny lists. Men want all the meaningful things too. Admit it!

I admit it.

addi Posted: Thu Dec 10 07:06:25 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY

>1. Show up naked
>2. Bring food

I know I'm always a bit peeved when women show up naked but don't bring food. What good is it having a naked female in front of you without a zucchini?

*JQ has some photos on facebook of his very cute little one. I imagine he's suffering from sleep deprivation these days.

Kira Posted: Thu Dec 10 12:26:34 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Refusing to take part in an Internet fad comes back to bite me AGAIN.

Puck Posted: Thu Dec 10 15:14:06 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Refusing to take part in an Internet fad comes back to bite me AGAIN.

what have you got to lose? just don't play farmville.

libra Posted: Thu Dec 10 16:34:55 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>Kira said:
>>Refusing to take part in an Internet fad comes back to bite me AGAIN.
>
>what have you got to lose? just don't play farmville.

I agree. I think there are ways to be on facebook without buying into the whole thing...I think unfortunately it's a little more than a fad at this point.

addi Posted: Fri Dec 11 08:28:49 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:

>I agree. I think there are ways to be on facebook without buying into the whole thing...I think unfortunately it's a little more than a fad at this point.

Being on facebook doesn't make anyone a better person. The same can be said for anyone choosing not to join that site. Thinking you're above such silly things as having an fb page is kind of silly in itself.
The specific "gadgets" of what you can and can't do here on GT are different than facebook, but in its essence this site is also a place to communicate socially too. That's what we're doing right now on the forum.

The huge popularity of fb may come and go, but social networking sites are here to stay. As technology changes the form and structure of these sites will change, but having a place to communicate and network with friends and family is now a permanent part of our technologically driven world.

It's up to the individual to use any social networking site wisely. For sure people put up stupid things on fb, but that can be done anywhere. Once I put up something really stupid here. : ) The existence of fb doesn't cause stupidity, it's just a means to instantly share your stupidity to the world. Stupid people would find another venue to express themselves if that site wasn't around.

I hesitated for a LONG time to get on there. It was only because of arm twisting from some friends to join a group from a special study program in college I attended that I was persuaded to join. What I quickly found out is that high school and college friends, past close friends from the northland, immediate family, long lost cousins and relatives, and even some of my good GTer friends were there. It gives me a another way to stay in touch with these people, and that's a very good thing.
It also helped jump start my desire to "make it" as a cartoonist when I made my Addison page.

So I've come to the conclusion that not being on fb is cool, if that's your bag.
However bagging on fb and broadly dismissing it as just another worthless "internet fad", as if you're above such petty behavior is unjustified. Like so many other things available to us in life it's all a matter of what you do with it that makes beneficial or hurtful.

(enter Kuro) For what it's worth. : )

ifihadahif Posted: Fri Dec 11 08:36:16 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Excellent post Addi.
It's almost as if you read my mind as I was thinking exactly the same thing and have had much the same Facebook experience as you. It's amazing how many long lost friends and relatives I've been in touch with on there.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Fri Dec 11 17:27:45 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Going way off topic here but . . . .
>
>HOW TO MAKE A WOMAN HAPPY
>
>WITHOUT FORGETTING TO:
>50. not look at other girls

what. ever. sometimes its alright to look at other girls, especially if you let us look too (or bring the other girl home for some crazy fun)

>
>AND AT THE SAME TIME, YOU MUST ALSO:
>51. give her lots of attention, but expect little yourself

bullshit.

>52. give her lots of time, especially time for herself

more bullshit.

>53. give her lots of space, never worrying about where she goes
>

i like a man to be concerned about me. 'sides, if i'm going someplace cool, i'm likely taking you with me.

>
>HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY
>
>1. Show up naked
>2. Bring food

haha! this is great. i would not only bring food, but i would cook it myself. while naked.

Puck Posted: Fri Dec 11 18:39:08 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>bring the other girl home for some crazy fun)
They can keep each other busy while I go get a snack.

>>give her lots of attention, but expect little yourself
>bullshit.
This is a matter of keeping a balance between respecting their space and wanting to be with them all the time.

>>52. give her lots of time, especially time for herself
>more bullshit.
same as above.

>>53. give her lots of space, never worrying about where she goes
>i like a man to be concerned about me. 'sides, if i'm going someplace cool, i'm likely taking you with me.
Concern is one thing, but not obsessing is key to not being a psycho. Time together is great, but distance is healthy.

>i would not only bring food, but i would cook it myself. while naked.
If it was take-out, I'd worry about how you happened to pick it up so naturally. Naked bacon-frying is no bueno.

Puck Posted: Fri Dec 11 18:48:01 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  anybody up for fb scrabble?

I'm pretty sure I'm under ihatehotmailcuzitsucks@yahoo.com

Kira Posted: Fri Dec 11 19:04:46 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ARGH peer pressure! Baby pictures! Word games!

p.s. Addi I know you didn't mean to insinuate that I am in some way "looking down" on facebook users by abstaining from using that site myself. Just remember - all I said was 'Internet fad'. It was you who added the 'worthless'.

Puck Posted: Fri Dec 11 23:47:27 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Come on, Kira. Join us.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

addi Posted: Sat Dec 12 06:37:51 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:

>p.s. Addi I know you didn't mean to insinuate that I am in some way "looking down" on facebook users by abstaining from using that site myself. Just remember - all I said was 'Internet fad'. It was you who added the 'worthless'.

No I didn't, Kira and I should have said that. It was your "internet fad" comment that got me thinking. I have no idea what you really think of fb users.

It was an over stated response to all the times I've heard those kind of "worthless" remarks from people referring to fb in particular, acting like they're just too good to lower themselves to that level.
Like I said, if someone thinks it's not for them then that's fine. Personally I don't "twitter" and have no desire to ever start.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Dec 12 07:55:59 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Kira said:
>
>>p.s. Addi I know you didn't mean to insinuate that I am in some way "looking down" on facebook users by abstaining from using that site myself. Just remember - all I said was 'Internet fad'. It was you who added the 'worthless'.
>
>No I didn't, Kira and I should have said that. It was your "internet fad" comment that got me thinking. I have no idea what you really think of fb users.

>It was an over stated response to all the times I've heard those kind of "worthless" remarks from people referring to fb in particular, acting like they're just too good to lower themselves to that level.
>Like I said, if someone thinks it's not for them then that's fine. Personally I don't "twitter" and have no desire to ever start.
>
Actually I thought Addi's post was a response to Libra's unfortunate use of the word "unfortunately".

misszero Posted: Sat Dec 12 10:38:18 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  bookcrossing.com

aHA! back onto topic.
bookcrossing is fun. you release your books into the wild, and if people co-operate, you can track them, to see where they go. I kept my eyes peeled for over 5 years before giving up on finding a book crossing book. i figured it was just an american thing. literally 2 days later, i found one in a food court. its a nice feeling (it was a crappy book, but i read it cover to cover, just on principle)

libra Posted: Sat Dec 12 13:23:43 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>addi said:
>>Kira said:
>>

>Actually I thought Addi's post was a response to Libra's unfortunate use of the word "unfortunately".

Oh, no! I agree wholeheartedly with addi's post. I just meant that, for many who see Facebook as something 'bad' to avoid, they probably won't be able to because, if anything, it's only becoming more and more a part of communication today.
Remember, it used to just be a way for college students to keep in contact with their classmates. I liked it a lot better before it had such powerful 'stalking' capabilities. There never used to be a news feed, and the built in advertisements geared towards your interests didn't used to be there.

I do see problems behind the medium, which maybe is more pronounced for college students--I think it has allowed my generation to really not stay as connected with each other, and to claim some kind of connection with those who they haven't actually seen/spoken with for years. This is kind of ironic, because for older generations, it has allowed them to reconnect (and truly reconnect) with people they had 'lost.'
Facebook can also cause quite a bit of drama.

ehwazingwaz Posted: Sat Dec 12 18:31:03 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ah, facebook. i hate those ads... all i ever see are "getting married?" and "how to lose weight so you can fit into the dress you bought from clicking on the other ad!" screw you facebook, and by whatever principle you've decided that i'm fat enough that i need to lose weight to fit into my dress. screw. you.

Puck Posted: Sat Dec 12 18:37:38 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  this is why I'm a fan of costumed weddings. that, or black lights and neon. or both. :D

libra Posted: Sat Dec 12 18:49:49 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>bookcrossing.com
>
>aHA! back onto topic.
>bookcrossing is fun. you release your books into the wild, and if people co-operate, you can track them, to see where they go. I kept my eyes peeled for over 5 years before giving up on finding a book crossing book. i figured it was just an american thing. literally 2 days later, i found one in a food court. its a nice feeling (it was a crappy book, but i read it cover to cover, just on principle)

I found one of these books! I didn't read it though (it was too terrible looking). But I did re-release it into the wild for someone else to find.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Dec 12 20:12:45 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ehwazingwaz said:
>ah, facebook. i hate those ads... all i ever see are "getting married?" and "how to lose weight so you can fit into the dress you bought from clicking on the other ad!" screw you facebook, and by whatever principle you've decided that i'm fat enough that i need to lose weight to fit into my dress. screw. you.
>
What ads ?
I must be missing something. I never see ads on my Facebook home page.

libra Posted: Sat Dec 12 21:42:18 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>ehwazingwaz said:

>>
>What ads ?
>I must be missing something. I never see ads on my Facebook home page.

On the right-hand side? You don't have them? Surveys and all kinds of ads that are geared towards what your actions are on the site and your interests?

ehwazingwaz Posted: Sat Dec 12 22:37:38 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>ehwazingwaz said:
>
>>>
>>What ads ?
>>I must be missing something. I never see ads on my Facebook home page.
>
>On the right-hand side? You don't have them? Surveys and all kinds of ads that are geared towards what your actions are on the site and your interests?

tell me how you don't have them so i can not have them too!

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Dec 13 02:40:48 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>ehwazingwaz said:
>
>>>
>>What ads ?
>>I must be missing something. I never see ads on my Facebook home page.
>
>On the right-hand side? You don't have them? Surveys and all kinds of ads that are geared towards what your actions are on the site and your interests?
>
Yeah, on the right side there is a column for requests, suggestions, and events but no ads.

libra Posted: Sun Dec 13 13:41:09 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>libra said:
>>ifihadahif said:

>Yeah, on the right side there is a column for requests, suggestions, and events but no ads.

lucky!

Ahriman Posted: Wed Dec 16 15:02:19 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I feel sick. Really sick. Definitely food poisoning. Damn you mexican restaurant!

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Dec 16 16:15:06 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>I feel sick. Really sick. Definitely food poisoning. Damn you mexican restaurant!
>
mmmmmmmmm I love Mexican food !

Puck Posted: Wed Dec 16 17:35:33 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  DAMN YOUSE ALL TO HELLLL!!!!

I've never really had a mexican restaurant that I was completely happy with. :(

mat_j Posted: Fri Dec 18 15:37:25 2009 Post | Quote in Reply  
  hmmm me neither, though i do heart Mexican fude.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]