Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

mat_j Posted: Tue Feb 9 05:47:11 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  WELL don't just sit there gawking.

POST SOMETHING!!

This forum is drier than a prohibition Turkey Trot!

misszero Posted: Tue Feb 9 06:48:23 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i'm stealing the girl who had this room before me's cosmo magazines. she had a subscription.

also, i've remembered why i never really liked cosmo magazine.

addi Posted: Tue Feb 9 07:55:48 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My step-mom had a subscription to Cosmo that I would sneak into my room and read at night. Everything I know about the 10 ways to please a woman in bed I learned from reading articles there, which may explain why I'm good at relating to women when they're horizontal, but suck at it when they're vertical.
; )

Posted: Tue Feb 9 11:33:22 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I am magazine free this month for the first time in YEARS. Communciation Arts dropped down to just six issues / year so I did not renew, and Malcolm Gladwell hardly ever writes for the New Yorker anymore, so that's out, too.

Woo, inadvertent magazine thread!

Kira Posted: Tue Feb 9 14:30:25 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Publisher's Weekly got to be too expensive and I can always borrow Reason and Discovery from my dad, so no subscriptions for me.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Feb 9 17:45:00 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  National Geographic and Cooking Light for me.
Also I get a gift subscription from my Dad every year of Birds and Blooms.

libra Posted: Tue Feb 9 18:44:52 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I (expensively and stupidly) buy trashy magazines (like Cosmo, Glamour, Vogue) at Safeway to bring to the gym (I can't stay on the elliptical longer than 10 minutes without them).

misszero Posted: Wed Feb 10 02:42:29 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i work professionally with magazines. the word magazine is in my job title. so i have a bit of a love/hate relationship with them.

but i'll still reap the benefits of a free subscription when i can.

mat_j Posted: Wed Feb 10 09:29:50 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I never subscribe because i like to go to the shop, chat/flirt with the shop assistant, find somewhere to read it then read the magazine.

I only buy Sight and Sound the British Film institutes official film magazine nowadays though i sometimes purchase Word magazine (a music mag) and Chap magazine (A magazine for old fashioned type chaps that has features on briar pipes, trilbys, waistcoats and bareknuckle fighting etc) for novely value.

I would never buy New Scientist but i regularly steal them whenever i can.

libra Posted: Wed Feb 10 13:28:10 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A non-magazine random comment:

Has anyone heard the new songs out by Jonsi, of Sigur Ros? So wonderful. Check them out.

Also,
The olympics are being held here in Vancouver and things are generally insane right now. There are these teams of motorcycle police riding around everywhere, and the traffic is insane. I get two weeks off school though!

Ahriman Posted: Wed Feb 10 16:16:40 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Not in one place long enough for subscriptions...

Kira Posted: Wed Feb 10 20:11:08 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Also non-magazine related, has anyone else seen the all Japanese, English language, samurai-western "Sukiyaki Western Django"?

Heavens, what a fun movie. Like Kill Bill meets Yojimbo.

Puck Posted: Thu Feb 11 00:15:11 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Sukiyaki Western Django

It's definitely somewhere in my Blockbuster.com queue of 350ish movies.

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 11 00:50:49 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I asked a woman out.

She said I'd like her sister.

The End.

addi Posted: Thu Feb 11 07:45:36 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  At least she didn't say you'd like her mother.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Feb 11 10:47:05 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  anybody else feel the urgancy to out for a bike ride?

I've been needing a bike ride for days now and even though it hasn't gotten above freezing for a few days I might just have to go out there anyways.

I just love the way it clears my head and helps me focus on the important things. Like surviving and complaining to myself that it's too cold/hot. :P

It's been something I can't ignore almost like the desire for a giant slice of cake... zomg

If the weather doesn't get nicer outside I think I'll go crazy

Ahriman Posted: Thu Feb 11 10:52:41 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>anybody else feel the urgancy to out for a bike ride?

I've been snowshoeing and running all winter. I just throw on my yaktrax when it gets to slippery. Looking to run a Marathon in May.

Posted: Thu Feb 11 13:52:42 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>anybody else feel the urgancy to out for a bike ride?

Been riding my bike to work every day. A chilly 77 out today.

Puck Posted: Thu Feb 11 17:51:26 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Walked home last night from work. 2.5 hours at 22 degrees. I'd bike it if my hands didn't lock up at the chill. Also the random ice patches freak me out. like whoa.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Feb 11 18:01:19 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Got this one in my email this morn:

Our life in Iowa
DIARY OF A SNOW SHOVELER

November 28 - 6:00 PM
It started to snow. The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our cocktails and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print. So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. I love snow!

December 9
We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the whole world? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had! Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a boy again. I did both our driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the snowplough came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again. What a perfect life!

December 12
The sun has melted all our lovely snow.. Such a disappointment! My neighbor tells me not to worry- we'll definitely have a white Christmas. No snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow again. I don't think that's possible. Bob is such a nice man, I'm glad he's our neighbor.

December 18
Snow, lovely snow! 8 inches last night. The temperature dropped to -20. The cold makes everything sparkle so.. The wind took my breath away, but I warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The snowplough came back this afternoon and buried everything again. I didn't realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in shape this way. I wish I wouldn't huff and puff so.

December 23
20 inches forecast. Sold my van and bought a 4 x 4 Blazer. Bought snow tires for the wife's car and 2 extra shovels. Stocked the freezer. The wife wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that's silly. We aren't in Alaska , after all.

December 26
Ice storm this morning. Fell on my ass on the ice in the driveway putting down salt. Hurt like hell. The wife laughed for an hour, which I think was very cruel.
December 31
Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere. Electricity was off for 5 hours. I had to pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I should've bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to her. God I hate it when she's right. I can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room.

January 10
Electricity's back on, but had another 14 inches of the damn stuff last night. More shoveling! Took all day. The dam snowplough came by twice. Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're lying. Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a snow blower and they're out. Might have another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob says I have to shovel or the county will have it done and bill me. I think he's lying.

January 12
Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of the white crap fell today, and it's so cold, it probably won't melt till August. Took me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I had to pee. By the time I got undressed, peed and dressed again, I was too tired to shovel. Tried to hire Bob who has a plow on his truck for the rest of the winter, but he says he's too busy. I think the butt hole is lying.

January 15
Only 2 inches of snow today. And it warmed up to 0. The wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house this morning. What is she, nuts?!! Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She says she did but I think she's lying.

January 18
6 inches - Snow packed so hard by snowplow, I broke the shovel. Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the son of a bitch who drives that snow plow, I'll drag him through the snow by his balls and beat him to death with my broken shovel. I know he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then he comes down the road at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over where I've just been!

January 25
20 more inches of the damn slop tonight - Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. God, I hate the snow! Then the snowplough driver came by asking for a donation and I hit him over the head with my shovel.. The wife says I have a bad attitude. I think she's a fricking idiot. If I have to watch "It's A Wonderful Life" one more time, I'm going to stuff her into the microwave.

January 30
Still snowed in. Why the hell did I ever move here? It was all HER idea. She's really getting on my nerves.

February 4
Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze; plumber came after 14 hours of waiting for him, he only charged me $1,400 to replace all my pipes.

February 5
Warmed up to above -20. Still snowed in. My WIFE is driving me crazy!!!

February 6
10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am?

February 7
Roof caved in. I beat up the snow plough driver, and now he is suing me for a million dollars, not only the beating I gave him, but also for trying to shove the broken snow shovel up his BUTT. The wife went home to her mother. Nine more inches predicted.

February 8
I set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.

February 9
Feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. Why am I tied to the bed?

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 11 20:49:36 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Wisenheimer said:
>I asked a woman out.
>
>
>She said I'd like her sister.
>
>
>The End.

LOL!

It's funny cause it's true. But Lordy, I don't remember posting this. I sleep internet, sometimes.

Mesh Posted: Thu Feb 11 20:51:37 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>At least she didn't say you'd like her mother.

Actually I'd prefer that.

Puck Posted: Thu Feb 11 22:40:17 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  my bro just sent me this. HA

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35336605/ns/us_news/?gt1=43001

Puck Posted: Fri Feb 12 16:30:03 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.urlesque.com/2010/02/11/sad-snowmen-photos/

Puck Posted: Sun Feb 14 20:35:36 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  if I post enough times, there'll eventually be something entertaining in at least one of them

Puck Posted: Sun Feb 14 22:41:33 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Does anyone else think that Ira Glass is one sexy bitch?

Kira Posted: Sun Feb 14 22:44:49 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I still don't know what happened here. Where did everyone go? How can we possibly have exhausted all subjects of discussion? I like it here. I don't like change. The other forum I visit is too DIFFERENT and sooooo inferior.

Puck Posted: Sun Feb 14 23:00:10 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Weekend desolation. I've never understood it. It's like everyone here has a life or something. Well... not everyone. :D

Cherry_Moon Posted: Mon Feb 15 04:00:51 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>Does anyone else think that Ira Glass is one sexy bitch?

Why yes I do :D I would have his babies :p I really love This American Life. I love his voice. He looks EXACTLY how I imagined him. It's eerie...

choke Posted: Thu Feb 18 13:38:59 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Hello! Sorry I haven't been around for awhile. I finished my degree, now just milling around waiting to hear back from a contract in Japan I applied for. Everyone I know here is getting married and having babies. That's about it really!

Mark Posted: Fri Feb 19 02:01:23 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Everyone I know here is getting married and having babies.
hehe most of my friends are getting married and have babies as well. Makes me feel old and awkward since I'm here still sort of single and I'm definitely not thinking about parenting :p

Anyway, hoping the university I applied to will accept me so I can go get my master degree. Still employed even though my company was hit hard during the "crisis". Living live the way it comes. Nothing really exciting at the moment though.

addi Posted: Sat Feb 20 08:30:10 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Definitely no rush on the married and making babies front, MarkieMark. Don't worry you're handsome little single head about that one. It'll happen when it happens...in the meantime go to school, party, laugh, and occasionally sample the goods.
Life will begin to scream past you faster than a bullet train and you'll be looking back at these awkward days with fondness soon enough.
: )

Kira Posted: Sat Feb 20 20:11:18 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It is definitely weird when you get to that point where everyone in your age group is getting married and starting families. I had the revelation a few years ago that I am now at the point where no one would give me funny looks for walking around with a small child or a tiny person living in my uterus. But to that I say, What is wrong with you, society? You *should* be looking at me funny! Do I LOOK mature enough to have full responsibility for the care and upbringing of another human LIFE?

And now I've gone and got myself thinking about babies and it's making me all sappy and maternal. I am ridiculous, I tell you.

Puck Posted: Sun Feb 21 16:44:41 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Do I LOOK mature enough to have full responsibility for the care and upbringing of another human LIFE?

I can't remember ever looking at someone and thinking that about them.

Aeon Posted: Tue Feb 23 01:03:12 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>Kira said:
>>Do I LOOK mature enough to have full responsibility for the care and upbringing of another human LIFE?
>
>I can't remember ever looking at someone and thinking that about them.

That's what i think every morning when i look in the mirror....

libra Posted: Thu Feb 25 03:00:01 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aeon said:
>Puck said:
>>Kira said:
>>>Do I LOOK mature enough to have full responsibility for the care and upbringing of another human LIFE?
>>
>>I can't remember ever looking at someone and thinking that about them.
>
>That's what i think every morning when i look in the mirror....

Aeon!!
Good to see you back here.

Mesh Posted: Sat Jul 9 00:46:37 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mesh said:
>Wisenheimer said:
>>I asked a woman out.
>>
>>
>>She said I'd like her sister.
>>
>>
>>The End.
>
>
>LOL!
>
>
>It's funny cause it's true. But Lordy, I don't remember posting this. I sleep internet, sometimes.

lol. I remember now. And I live with her now.

The asked outee. Not her sister.

mat_j Posted: Fri Jul 22 09:23:47 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's a snowy magazine thread miracle!

misszero Posted: Sat Jul 23 11:45:15 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I miss my magazine job :(

We used to carry sight & sound, and Word. (Both air AND sea freight) and we also used to carry a magazine that had the best name ever: Fantastic Man. Holy crap, it tickled my funny bone every time it arrived. *le sigh*

Mesh Posted: Tue Jul 26 23:39:28 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>It's a snowy magazine thread miracle!

Mmmmmmm snow. Yellow snow....they say it has Mountain Dew in it. Funniest damned tasting Mountain Dew slushee I ever had.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]