Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Gotta love Al Gore
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Feb 28 11:58:18 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  

Colder-than-average temperatures are not proof that global warming isn't happening. Warmer-than-average temperatures ARE proof that global warming is happening.

Showmen masquerading as political thinkers are bad. Political thinkers masquerading as scientists are good.

The world must perform large-scale, preventive measures to protect human civilization. Those who truly care about the environment like myself can continue to fly private jets around the world and live with their partners in 6000 square foot residences.

Pay no attention to the University of East Anglia and IPCC scandals, or their shoddy data collection, unsubstantiated claims, chart fudge-factors, data cherry-picking, and use of improper weather stations.

Kira Posted: Sun Feb 28 14:26:27 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't have to love Al Gore and you can't make me!

libra Posted: Sun Feb 28 17:35:03 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm not going to say any more than this. But I feel that it needs to be said.

Climate change does not mean that it just is warmer all the time.
What it means is that the changes in the climate mean that we get our weather in unpredictable extremes.

ifihadahif Posted: Sun Feb 28 20:52:57 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>I'm not going to say any more than this. But I feel that it needs to be said.
>
>Climate change does not mean that it just is warmer all the time.
>What it means is that the changes in the climate mean that we get our weather in unpredictable extremes.
>
Remember when they called it Global Warming ? What happened ?
Now they are saying the cold is caused by the heat or vice versa ?
No matter what the weather, it is caused by man made climate change and not a single weather phenomenon can disprove it according to the Goreacle.
No matter that they have finally admitted to the fact that there has been no warming since 1995 now.

Puck Posted: Sun Feb 28 21:58:35 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>No matter that they have finally admitted to the fact that there has been no warming since 1995 now.

That's false. They said that the rate of change since 95 isn't SIGNIFICANT, meaning that it's not been a drastic increase when compared to the warming trend on a longer time scale. You can't look at a scale of only 15 years as proof or lack of proof for something. What they actually inferred is that there isn't any crazy acceleration of global warming.

Look at the actual quote that they are referencing when they made that supposed admission. It doesn't at all infer that there has been no warming since 1995.

Real or not, that doesn't make it ok to pollute, trash the planet and waste resources

Puck Posted: Sun Feb 28 22:17:01 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://www.skepticalscience.com/Did-Phil-Jones-really-say-global-warming-ended-in-1995.html

put that in your pipe and smoke it

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Mar 1 02:47:26 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>

>Real or not, that doesn't make it ok to pollute, trash the planet and waste resources
>
And if it's not real, which it isn't, that doesn't make it ok to use a hoax to advance your agenda.
No one is promoting trashing the planet.
As a matter of fact the planet is much much cleaner now than in the 70's and still getting cleaner.

Puck Posted: Mon Mar 1 11:23:13 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, I'm thinking about vacationing on that pacific garbage island.

Ahriman Posted: Mon Mar 1 12:35:17 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Do I need other people's opinions or facts to just want to live a better, sustainable life?

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Mar 1 13:44:41 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>Yeah, I'm thinking about vacationing on that pacific garbage island.
>
You'd have to be able to tread water for a really long time.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]