Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Abraham Stinkin'
Billy_pilgrim Posted: Fri Mar 26 09:23:41 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This used to be a vibrant little seaside forum but nowadays it's deader than the people Laura Bush and Ted Kennedy killed (I wonder if they got together in heaven?*)

Anyway what's wrong here, yer all on that facespace busines now aren't you.

Damn you all!

Anyway, I'm declaring myself sheriff.

*There's no heaven, honestly, think about it long enough, open your eyes there's just terrifying life then oblivion so stop wasting your fucking time and enjoy yourself.

choke Posted: Fri Mar 26 16:08:43 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Billy_pilgrim said:
>This used to be a vibrant little seaside forum but nowadays it's deader than the people Laura Bush and Ted Kennedy killed (I wonder if they got together in heaven?*)
>
>Anyway what's wrong here, yer all on that facespace busines now aren't you.
>
>Damn you all!
>
>Anyway, I'm declaring myself sheriff.
>
>
>*There's no heaven, honestly, think about it long enough, open your eyes there's just terrifying life then oblivion so stop wasting your fucking time and enjoy yourself.

I'm pretty much just going through and replying to everything you say. It's getting a little weird. BUT have you heard of Rhys Darby? Now THAT's someone I'm proud to call a NZer. The Face-space thing reminded me. If you can, look up his joke on punk rockers and dinosaurs. I would find it myself but I'm late for my sweet sweet job motel cleaning - got a degree and livin' the dream!

Puck Posted: Fri Mar 26 16:39:34 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  just waiting for the proper moments to jump in and shout

Kira Posted: Fri Mar 26 19:18:07 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The state of the forum is indeed confounding. I for one still can't help checking in every day - every couple of days at least - so it's hard to imagine all of our old regulars have simply moved on and no longer think about the site. Can a person really lose interest in a haven such as this? Can they really be that busy? Folk who used to post on a daily basis, now totally silent. It's kinda creepy.

And if any of them are reading... *waves*

(It's just going to create a lot of problems when I become a millionaire and want to organize a GT party. How am I going to find everyone?)

Billy_pilgrim Posted: Fri Mar 26 20:52:11 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>I'm pretty much just going through and replying to everything you say. It's getting a little weird. BUT have you heard of Rhys Darby? Now THAT's someone I'm proud to call a NZer. The Face-space thing reminded me. If you can, look up his joke on punk rockers and dinosaurs. I would find it myself but I'm late for my sweet sweet job motel cleaning - got a degree and livin' the dream!

Tell me about it, i got a degree and all i ever did with it was work odd jobs. Admittedly all over Europe like, so it's not that bad.

Rhys Darby, only fucking Murray from Flight of the conchords! Amazing, i wan't to take him home and let him fuck my sister.

choke Posted: Fri Mar 26 21:27:07 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Billy_pilgrim said:
>
>Tell me about it, i got a degree and all i ever did with it was work odd jobs. Admittedly all over Europe like, so it's not that bad.
>
>Rhys Darby, only fucking Murray from Flight of the conchords! Amazing, i wan't to take him home and let him fuck my sister.
>

I'm so glad you know them. NZ = Awkward humour CHAMPION

addi Posted: Sat Mar 27 08:49:50 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I tried to keep this going for a couple years. You know it's true. It never worked. We'd get something good going with old friends coming back and it would last for a day and then revert to a ghost town again....every damn time.
It finally dawned on me that it was pointless to push folks that way (kind of like it's pointless to argue with the Ann Cunter lovers)...
Some of the regulars I really liked stopped posting and that made me sad, so I took the hint eventually and moved on.

Still love this place and still check in, as I probably always will, but I've given up trying to make the phoenix rise from the ashes.

beetlebum Posted: Sun Mar 28 18:07:50 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, I can go for a long while not checking, and then I check in again. If something happened to one of you, I'd be upset. Inexplicably.

I think life just gets too crazy and when it isn't, I'm faced with the reality that I have nothing interesting to say. My job is a wrecking ball that swings the pendulum of my life- it tuckers me out. I am leaving for India again soon, on the heels of a trip to Europe... I used to think travelling was so glamorous, but now I realise that I'm simply in a different place doing the same difficult work fourteen hours a day, so I can't even enjoy being some place else. All of that said, I love my work. (Most days.)

Right now I'm listening to Ragged Wood by the Fleet Foxes-- it's a good song to listen to with the windows open on a lazy Sunday afternoon (which is exactly what I'm doing).

Have a bloody fantastic week, everyone.

Billy_pilgrim Posted: Mon Mar 29 12:35:26 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That fleet foxes album is pretty darned good.

Mesh Posted: Wed Mar 31 02:56:35 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've nothing of any interest or importance to say anymore.

Not that I ever really did. And so many people have just....left. Gone, out into the cold, dark world. Into the mist, taking their stories and their jokes and their insights along with them.

I've become more of a quiet observer. As I am in real life, really.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]