Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

Wibbely Wobbly Timey Wimey
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed May 12 00:10:14 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's an all doctor who thread

I can't remember if there was one before but by the tears of the weeping angels there should be!

Favorite Doctor of *All* time

Best Companion (which is the best "mate", most helpful, best romantic interest, etc)

Favorite or Scariest DW Monster

Favorite Tardis console

Favorite sonic screwdriver

Is it possible that the Master will ever get over himself and start being a decent timelord??

Do you think that the doctor has done more harm then good in the end?

Anybody else wondering why a Doctor Who/ Star Trek crossover never happened??

And finally

Do you think it'd be awesome to have 3-6 doctors in one episode?

Maybe the Tardis would be properly flown if there were six time lords at the helm.

I think it'd be amusing to have one of them fix the chameleon circuit for a couple episodes and the current doctor would hate it and rebreak it :D


 
mat_j Posted: Wed May 12 02:41:15 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  This is gonig to be just me and you isn't it!!

Unless Dan rose makes a sudden appearance.

Ok, i'm going to have to think about this...


 
mat_j Posted: Wed May 12 05:18:18 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Favorite Doctor of *All* time

Waw hard question... My First Doc was Sylvester McCoy so he has a special place in my heart but when i was growing up they re-ran lots of Pertwee and Tom Baker, I remember playing Doctor Who when i was a young kid and being Pertwee but how can i resist a booming voiced, anti establishment, boho with a love of jelly babies when now in my adult life i realise i have taken all of those things into my personality, tom it is!


Best Companion (which is the best "mate", most helpful, best romantic interest, etc)

Hmmmm Romana and K-9 would probably be the most useful bu then again Cap'n Jack before he became bogged down with all his Torchwood baggage was pretty cool, That said if i was to be stuck in a tardis with anyone i would probably want Amy Pond.


Favorite or Scariest DW Monster

I was a British kid, all British kids know the concept of hiding behind the sofa from the Daleks, whether they did or not is irrelevant, growing up Daleks were as much of a real threat as Nazi's and the English to me.

But i guess Master, Daleks and Cybermen are a bit of a cop out really so my favourites outside the big 3 are:

Satan from the Satan pit, The Family Blood (and their freaky hollowmen scarecrows), Fenric and any of the other timelord Villains- The Rani, Rassilon, Morbius and the Meddling Monk.

Favorite Tardis console

9/10th Doctor

Favorite sonic screwdriver

No particular preference, though the current one is pretty cool.

Is it possible that the Master will ever get over himself and start being a decent timelord??

Nah! maybe before he dies the next time or if they're fighting the greater Timelord menace. Looking forward to the next Master incarnation!

Do you think that the doctor has done more harm then good in the end?

He is very pro human but nah, ultimately he's saved the universe a thousand times over.

Anybody else wondering why a Doctor Who/ Star Trek crossover never happened??

I'm glad, it would no doubt be embarrasing.

And finally

Do you think it'd be awesome to have 3-6 doctors in one episode?

Yes!! someone suggested to me recently that McCoy, Davidson and Colin Baker could all be made up to look young enough, maybe even Tom Baker could be in it if they came up with a plausible excuse for him looking older and perhaps Sean Pertwee John's son who although being bulkier if put in a wig and cape could be the third Doctor. I doubt Eccleston would do it but McGann might as would Tennant.

Maybe the Tardis would be properly flown if there were six time lords at the helm.

Yeah, but it wouldn't be the same as it careering wildly through time bouncing around and sparking.

I think it'd be amusing to have one of them fix the chameleon circuit for a couple episodes and the current doctor would hate it and rebreak it :D

Historically attempts at fixing the Chameleon circuit have resulted in some side effect or another.



 
Mesh Posted: Thu May 13 22:46:32 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Doctor....Who?


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat May 15 16:46:20 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  GAAAh i've tried posting a reply four times but my internet has been working against me... it's maddening...




 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun May 16 02:14:10 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>I remember playing Doctor Who when i was a young kid and being Pertwee but how can i resist a booming voiced, anti establishment, boho with a love of jelly babies

I want to pinch your cheeks :D You should post pictures of it if you have any. I bet you were super adorable!

>Hmmmm Romana and K-9 would probably be the most useful bu then again Cap'n Jack before he became bogged down with all his Torchwood baggage was pretty cool, That said if i was to be stuck in a tardis with anyone i would probably want Amy Pond.

Any warm blooded person would want Pond in their Tardis n__n She is one hot mama. She is one of my all time favorites.

I think Donna and Jack were great mates for the doctor and I adore both of them to pieces!

Martha while she has her strengths and I loved her for being a strong woman but her annoying moping around about the doctor got on my nerves towards the end.

>I was a British kid, all British kids know the concept of hiding behind the sofa from the Daleks, whether they did or not is irrelevant, growing up Daleks were as much of a real threat as Nazi's and the English to me.

That's intense. I suppose when you're little shows like Doctor Who seems pretty real and likely to happen. I think that is why I adore it :)

>Satan from the Satan pit, The Family Blood (and their freaky hollowmen scarecrows), Fenric and any of the other timelord Villains- The Rani, Rassilon, Morbius and the Meddling Monk.

The scariest to me were the weeping angel. I thought the guys from The girl in the fireplace were creepy too.

>Favorite Tardis console
>9/10th Doctor

I like the 9/10th console, and the 11th interior.

>Favorite sonic screwdriver

I quite adore the 10th. The 11th is kinda funky looking...

>Nah! maybe before he dies the next time or if they're fighting the greater Timelord menace. Looking forward to the next Master incarnation!

Ditto! I really loved John Simms quite alot!

>He is very pro human but nah, ultimately he's saved the universe a thousand times over.

Yeah he is a big softy about humans :j He kinda reminds me of Gandalf with his fondness with Hobbits.

>Anybody else wondering why a Doctor Who/ Star Trek crossover never happened??
>I'm glad, it would no doubt be embarrasing.

I would really like to have seen a chess game between Spock and the Doctor.

>Yes!! someone suggested to me recently that McCoy, Davidson and Colin Baker could all be made up to look young enough, maybe even Tom Baker could be in it if they came up with a plausible excuse for him looking older and perhaps Sean Pertwee John's son who although being bulkier if put in a wig and cape could be the third Doctor. I doubt Eccleston would do it but McGann might as would Tennant.

well eccleston is a annoying. I would love to have a reunion of as many doctors as possible.

>Yeah, but it wouldn't be the same as it careering wildly through time bouncing around and sparking.

River Song seemed to get it together just fine ;P

more questions:

Where and when would you go?

Which doctor would you most love to travel with?

Would you rather go for a "fluff" trip where it's alot of fun times or for scary or surprise trip where you wouldn't know if it would be dangerous?

I wonder if there were other renegade time lords out helping other planets and if it would be possible to weave it in to the whole Doctor Who cannon without ruining it.

If you were a timelord would you prefer all women companions? Would you take one as a wife fully knowing that you would far outlive her?

If given the choice of taking off with the Doctor with no chance to contact loved ones would you do it?


 
mat_j Posted: Mon May 17 08:29:28 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>mat_j said:
>
>>I remember playing Doctor Who when i was a young kid and being Pertwee but how can i resist a booming voiced, anti establishment, boho with a love of jelly babies
>
>I want to pinch your cheeks :D You should post pictures of it if you have any. I bet you were super adorable!
>

Hahaha! I'll have to have haev a look and see if i could dig any out!! :-)

>more questions:
>
>Where and when would you go?

Future
I like that River Song timeline universe, I bet there are some cool places to linger there.

I was also interested in that New Roman Empire world Ecclestone hinted to Rose at, but i suspect that would be scary. If i had to choose a villain to fight, i would prefer something a group of people could shoot at with guns. Extras don't have a great survivability rate in DW but i would at least like a chance.

Historically i think i would like to go to Byzantine Cosntantinople at it's height to see if the stories are true.

>
>Which doctor would you most love to travel with?

Tennant would have been good, I like Matt Smith too, i think he would be good craic of the older Doctors McCoy or Tom Baker. I really can't decide between these guys.

>
>Would you rather go for a "fluff" trip where it's alot of fun times or for scary or surprise trip where you wouldn't know if it would be dangerous?

Surprise i guess, I'd rather not know my own future :-)


>I wonder if there were other renegade time lords out helping other planets and if it would be possible to weave it in to the whole Doctor Who cannon without ruining it.

I guess there are a few planets that are protected or at least invesitgated several times by the doctor, such as Skaro. I think the Doctor is the only one. There are a couple of timelords 'unaccounted for' I guess but i think they're coming back soon :-)

>
>If you were a timelord would you prefer all women companions? Would you take one as a wife fully knowing that you would far outlive her?
>

YES >:-), nah only joking, It might be cool to see him with a male companion for a bit actually! :-) I wouldn't take on a wife though, i don't think it would be fair. I would probably be a little more risque than the actual doc :-).

>If given the choice of taking off with the Doctor with no chance to contact loved ones would you do it?

I would because I know what he is, then again i've always said, if Utopian Aliens turned up i would take the risk and travel with them.



Sorry if this is poorly spelled and Grammatized but i'm doing this as a distraction in work!


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Wed May 19 02:54:47 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Hahaha! I'll have to have have a look and see if i could dig any out!! :-)

YAY!!!

>Future
>I like that River Song timeline universe, I bet there are some cool places to linger there.

I would like to travel x15 nyc :P it'd be cute. I'd like to see Gallifrey but even the doctor can't see that :(

Sorry to say it but after watching The time of the angels I found I trust her less and less. I think she's a criminal. Some sort of mastermind baddie. A la Irene Addler.

>I was also interested in that New Roman Empire world Ecclestone hinted to Rose at, but i suspect that would be scary. If i had to choose a villain to fight, i would prefer something a group of people could shoot at with guns. Extras don't have a great survivability rate in DW but i would at least like a chance.

That would be scary but interesting.

>Historically i think i would like to go to Byzantine Cosntantinople at it's height to see if the stories are true.

I would say I would like to visit Itay during the height of the Renaissance. The clothes! The art!

>Tennant would have been good, I like Matt Smith too, i think he would be good craic of the older Doctors McCoy or Tom Baker. I really can't decide between these guys.

I would have to say either Baker or Tennant. It's too early in his tenure for me to tell whether I'd like Smith.

>Surprise i guess, I'd rather not know my own future :-)

I would like to pick a less stressful trip the first adventure and if I don't die or get turned into a weeping angel then I'd go for something "scary". Although knowing the doctor he wouldn't let me get hurt. n__n

>I guess there are a few planets that are protected or at least invesitgated several times by the doctor, such as Skaro. I think the Doctor is the only one. There are a couple of timelords 'unaccounted for' I guess but i think they're coming back soon :-)

Man I wish they'd hurry up and show up!

>YES >:-), nah only joking, It might be cool to see him with a male companion for a bit actually! :-)

I think having just one gender companion would make things get boring rather quick. I think a nice mix is the best!

>I wouldn't take on a wife though, i don't think it would be fair.

it would be exceedingly painful for both parties involved. I couldn't imagine letting myself get into that situation.

>I would probably be a little more risque than the actual doc :-).

HELL yes... MAN you know earth women would groupie him like no other! Shit I would be tapping ass quite abit. :P Although once you hit 907 maybe the uh urge *cough* isn't there like it use to be.. *coughviagracough* Although his current body is like late 20's

>I would because I know what he is, then again i've always said, if Utopian Aliens turned up i would take the risk and travel with them.

There wouldn't be a second thought, a look back, or a trace of guilt. It would be amazing if timelords or aliens like time lords would show up and keep things in order.

I have to admit that I find the idea of Doctor Who more plausible then any God. I sort of hope that somewhere he really does exist.

>Sorry if this is poorly spelled and Grammatized but i'm doing this as a distraction in work!

Who needs work when there is GT!

I suck at spelling and grammar so don't worry about it.

just in case you did know about Who North America :

http://whona.realtvboard.com/

my name is dalekskaro on there if you are interested in adding me as a friend or what have you.

Have you seen Amy's Choice yet? I don't want to discuss it if you haven't...


 
mat_j Posted: Tue May 25 03:32:33 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Yeah, it was a very good concept. I'm not convinced the 'Dreamlord' is A. Gone, B. The Doctor's mind C. A 'dreamlord' at all. There's more too it. Whenever i see a new and unusal human character i want to scream Timelord! Timelord! but I'm trying to stop that now!!


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue May 25 10:32:05 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Whenever i see a new and unusal human character i want to scream Timelord! Timelord! but I'm trying to stop that now!!

I really want there to be a discover of more Timelords. I honestly wasn't a huge fan of the episode because I hated the idea of it all being a dream -__- gaah. I like Amy and Rory but honestly I'm getting sick of the companions with the bfs wandering off with the Doctor. And I don't like the "the doctor is miiiiinnne" attitude, he's a free agent.


 
mat_j Posted: Wed Jun 2 04:53:41 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Welll looks like you got your wish!!

Crazy!


 
mat_j Posted: Mon Jun 7 05:31:03 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  OM Mother FingG

Did you see this weeks episode?


 
Kira Posted: Wed Apr 13 22:19:54 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I just watched the End of Time Part 2 and bawled my eyes out. Thanks a lot, assorted people of the Internets and Craig Ferguson for making me curious about this show. Five series and four specials later I am a VERY SAD NERD.

How am I going to go back to Matt Smith now? *Sobs*


 
Puck Posted: Thu Apr 14 07:42:18 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've only reached E.16 and Hartnell is getting pretty boring


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Apr 14 22:07:50 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>I just watched the End of Time Part 2 and bawled my eyes out. Thanks a lot, assorted people of the Internets and Craig Ferguson for making me curious about this show. Five series and four specials later I am a VERY SAD NERD.

To quote 11:

"The good things donít always soften the bad things but vice versa the bad things donít necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

The intensity of his portrayal (matched with great, fascinating story arches) really makes it a worthwhile show.

I have to say that Tennant's Doctor left me completely emotionally devastated.

He's still my favorite despite the feeling that his shoes will never be filled. I think that is a very good thing though, he left when he was still going strong and that will endear him to fans for a very long time.

>How am I going to go back to Matt Smith now? *Sobs*

I would say- don't... :P
But in all honesty, I'm hoping that the writing gets better. He's too obnoxiously whacky at times. Maybe series 6 will see him settling down into the role better.

It's really hard to adjust to this doctor... There are moments- very brief- where he says profound and memorable things. Followed by large sections where he seems nutty, flaky, direction (and plan)-less, irresponsible, ill-prepared for everything, or downright annoying. A little bi-polar, it's hard to take him seriously.

I'm holding out that Smith (and/or Moffat) just isn't entirely sure how to treat the role. Hence the tender, well played segments followed by a 180 off the wall scatterbrained plans.


Puck said:
>I've only reached E.16 and Hartnell is getting pretty boring

sweetie, just ditch it and move on to Tom Baker... I love Doctor Who but Hartnell drives me crazy :/

I really love 4th, 5th, and 7th-10th regens :D 1-3 weren't my favs but I still like them :)

It's okay to skip ahead and come back. The doctor gets far more interesting to watch as the regens go..


 
mat_j Posted: Fri Apr 15 03:47:03 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  No no no you're watching it all wrong, don't start with Hartnell, it's a TV show about time travel, start in the middle and work your way out from there.


 
Puck Posted: Fri Apr 15 05:27:42 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I started with McGann, then Eccleston, and did a couple of the current one. I just want to get the oldies out of the way.


 
mat_j Posted: Fri Apr 15 06:42:48 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That's not so bad, just don't let me catch you watching any Cushion!


 
Puck Posted: Fri Apr 15 15:02:47 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I also read some Dalek comics


 
Kira Posted: Fri Apr 15 21:07:04 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>Kira said:
>>How am I going to go back to Matt Smith now? *Sobs*
>
>I would say- don't... :P


Haha. Well, I think I'm going to have to watch and see what happens. It's just going to be strange because I went from 11 to 9 to 10 and now all I really remember about Smith's doctor - because I wasn't paying rapt attention at that time - was that he was very 'nutty professor' in comparison to Tennant's 'lonely god.' And in trying to remember series 5 all that really sticks out is Amy Pond being awesome and the weeping angels being sooo much scarier because I hadn't seen Blink yet. Anyway.

It'll be interesting to see how these characters develop this season if only because it's the first time in the revived series that the same doctor and same companion are returning *together* from the previous season.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Apr 16 00:30:09 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Haha. Well, I think I'm going to have to watch and see what happens.

I'll make a good faith effort to watch the newest series.

>It's just going to be strange because I went from 11 to 9 to 10 and now all I really remember about Smith's doctor - because I wasn't paying rapt attention at that time - was that he was very 'nutty professor' in comparison to Tennant's 'lonely god.'

I think Tennant's 'lonely god' doctor felt more "real" or "true to life" to me. I would think that anybody who is over 900 years old and the last of its kind must have at least a little 'lonely god' complex. It made the doctor easier to relate to and I felt that it blurred the boundaries in some ways between fiction and reality.

>It'll be interesting to see how these characters develop this season if only because it's the first time in the revived series that the same doctor and same companion are returning *together* from the previous season.

I am curious to see how that works out. I am completely lost over the whole River thing... I really wonder if he's ever going to explain how she got out of the library or how the doctor met her.


 
mat_j Posted: Wed Apr 20 07:00:15 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The actress who played Sarah Jane Smith has died.

Sad times.


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]