Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Deadville
mat_j Posted: Wed Aug 11 07:47:14 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Isn't anyone bored in school/work or something? I am and i have nothing to respond to.

Today i am occupied by the following-

1. I live in a country where it rains 50% of the time, so why then, considering half of our time is spent underwater, do i have to put up with the lake on the pavement outside my office? Can't the council fix that dip? It is in one of the busiest roads for students/office workers/ people visiting the museum. Lousy local authority.

2. Gods and culture heroes. I've been reading up on Celtic heroes for a story I'm writing, no wonder this is such a fucked up place to live, they make th e Greek gods look like the characters from Dallas compared to the characters from the wire.

The segment from the Mabinogion (a mediaeval book of Welsh myths) I've been studying concerns Brān Fendigaidd the giant king who marries his sister Branwen to the Irish King Mallowch. When Efnisien Branwens half brother finds out he goes nuts and mutilates the visiting Mallowch's horses.

Mallowch rightly goes mad and is only calmed when Bran gives him a magic cauldron that brings the dead back to life.

Mallowch goes home but mistreats Branwen so a war breaks out, Bran goes to Ireland to rescue her and Mallowch upon seeing the giant builds a house big enough to fit him inside. Mallowch agrees to grant his kingdom to Gwern his son by Branwen, the Irish lords decide to hide in sacks to attack the Welsh as they dont like the idea of a half welsh king.

Luckily mental old Efnisien is with Bran, Manawydan and Pryderi and the other Welsh and believing it's a trap tests each sack of flour by putting his hand in and squeezing the skulls of the Irish until they burst. He then throws Gwern into the fire probably for being a half blood abomination.

In the war that followed the Irish nearly win (because of the magic cauldron) until nutty Efnisien disguised as an Irish corpse gets put in the cauldron and smashes it from the inside, bursting his heart and dying at the same time. I imagine everyone who knew him was kind of relieved in a weird way.

The Welsh win leaving 5 pregnant women left behind to repopulate Ireland and go home. Bran is mortally wounded so he orders they cut off his head and bury it where London would be today, before they go to London they lock themselves up in Harlech castle for 7 years being entertained by the still alive head of Bran. Later after 80 years they remember how shit everything is and put Bran's head in London facing east to guard against Frankish invasion.

A lot of squeezing and bursting and throwing people into fires, bloody mental lot.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 11 14:37:28 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Isn't anyone bored in school/work or something? I am and i have nothing to respond to.
>
>
>Today i am occupied by the following-
>
>1. I live in a country where it rains 50% of the time, so why then, considering half of our time is spent underwater, do i have to put up with the lake on the pavement outside my office? Can't the council fix that dip? It is in one of the busiest roads for students/office workers/ people visiting the museum. Lousy local authority.
>
>2. Gods and culture heroes. I've been reading up on Celtic heroes for a story I'm writing, no wonder this is such a fucked up place to live, they make th e Greek gods look like the characters from Dallas compared to the characters from the wire.
>
>The segment from the Mabinogion (a mediaeval book of Welsh myths) I've been studying concerns Brān Fendigaidd the giant king who marries his sister Branwen to the Irish King Mallowch. When Efnisien Branwens half brother finds out he goes nuts and mutilates the visiting Mallowch's horses.
>
>Mallowch rightly goes mad and is only calmed when Bran gives him a magic cauldron that brings the dead back to life.
>
>Mallowch goes home but mistreats Branwen so a war breaks out, Bran goes to Ireland to rescue her and Mallowch upon seeing the giant builds a house big enough to fit him inside. Mallowch agrees to grant his kingdom to Gwern his son by Branwen, the Irish lords decide to hide in sacks to attack the Welsh as they dont like the idea of a half welsh king.
>
>Luckily mental old Efnisien is with Bran, Manawydan and Pryderi and the other Welsh and believing it's a trap tests each sack of flour by putting his hand in and squeezing the skulls of the Irish until they burst. He then throws Gwern into the fire probably for being a half blood abomination.
>
>In the war that followed the Irish nearly win (because of the magic cauldron) until nutty Efnisien disguised as an Irish corpse gets put in the cauldron and smashes it from the inside, bursting his heart and dying at the same time. I imagine everyone who knew him was kind of relieved in a weird way.
>
>The Welsh win leaving 5 pregnant women left behind to repopulate Ireland and go home. Bran is mortally wounded so he orders they cut off his head and bury it where London would be today, before they go to London they lock themselves up in Harlech castle for 7 years being entertained by the still alive head of Bran. Later after 80 years they remember how shit everything is and put Bran's head in London facing east to guard against Frankish invasion.
>
>A lot of squeezing and bursting and throwing people into fires, bloody mental lot.
>
Sounds like they were some real rock and rollers . . .

Posted: Wed Aug 11 14:49:58 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

> it rains 50% of the time

http://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/sunniest-cities.php

bammmmmmmmm 85% sunny

Maybe you should move out here to the desert?

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 11 22:15:48 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>mat_j said:
>
>> it rains 50% of the time
>
>http://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/sunniest-cities.php
>
>bammmmmmmmm 85% sunny
>
>
>
>
>Maybe you should move out here to the desert
>
mmmmmm . . . I like dessert !

mat_j Posted: Thu Aug 12 06:56:28 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  You betcha Hif!! Am thinking about writing some modern updates of the stories set them in the world of business and politics in the 21st century or in the case of this one on a modern slum estate with a family of Welsh guys versus a family of Irish dudes.

Crim: I appreciate the sentiment but with this fair skin i'd be like a beet in a matter of hours, I'm a high temperature honky so i need a cooler climate to live comfortably.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Aug 12 07:49:55 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>You betcha Hif!! Am thinking about writing some modern updates of the stories set them in the world of business and politics in the 21st century or in the case of this one on a modern slum estate with a family of Welsh guys versus a family of Irish dudes.
>
>Crim: I appreciate the sentiment but with this fair skin i'd be like a beet in a matter of hours, I'm a high temperature honky so i need a cooler climate to live comfortably.
>
mmmmm . . . I like beets !

Cherry_Moon Posted: Thu Aug 12 10:29:45 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>I'm a high temperature honky so i need a cooler climate to live comfortably.

I would suggest Portland. Seattle would probably be too close to England's rainy weather.

Kira Posted: Thu Aug 12 13:37:06 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  That story was awesome. Now I'm gonna have to reread the Prydain Chronicles.

libra Posted: Fri Aug 13 12:57:02 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>mat_j said:
>>I'm a high temperature honky so i need a cooler climate to live comfortably.
>
>I would suggest Portland. Seattle would probably be too close to England's rainy weather.

San Francisco!! Even better.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Aug 13 14:02:35 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  libra said:
>San Francisco!! Even better.

Cost of living is cheaper and there isn't rolling brown/black outs.

It would be cool to be able to afford to live there but the cost of living is so high :/ I like the city and I like the people.

I guess it's just a cost and crowd thing.

I feel the same about NYC. It's a great city but it's like $8 for a bottle of water :/ Plus it's crowded!!

Kira Posted: Fri Aug 13 15:00:04 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I think if you really like a place, the challenges that come with living there only add to the experience.

Also, although I know poorly-draining roads are annoying and sometimes hazardous, street puddles are far and away the most fun to splash in.

Puck Posted: Fri Aug 13 16:30:56 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>$8 for a bottle of water

like living at an airport

Kira Posted: Fri Aug 13 20:54:15 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Is anyone else getting a pop-up ad when they click on the forum from the main site? I don't know if our new spambot friends can sneak such a thing onto Jason's site but I'm kinda worried.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Fri Aug 13 23:30:19 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>like living at an airport

I wish! It's either like dangerously hot and muggy OR freezing and blizzard-ing >_>

It's a beautiful city and I would put up with it as long as I was able to live 1-2 hours outside the city.

libra Posted: Sat Aug 14 13:46:58 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>libra said:
>>San Francisco!! Even better.
>
>Cost of living is cheaper and there isn't rolling brown/black outs.
>
>It would be cool to be able to afford to live there but the cost of living is so high :/ I like the city and I like the people.
>
>I guess it's just a cost and crowd thing.
>
>I feel the same about NYC. It's a great city but it's like $8 for a bottle of water :/ Plus it's crowded!!

SF isn't that expensive...just the housing is pricey. And we don't have rolling blackouts anymore. I never experienced a single rolling blackout, even back when they were supposedly happening.

mat_j Posted: Mon Aug 16 03:37:20 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>Cherry_Moon said:
>>$8 for a bottle of water
>
>like living at an airport

haha LIKE!

I'd happily live in San Fransisco if i could afford it, even with my lava blood, rolling brown outs or not. :-)

mat_j Posted: Mon Aug 16 03:43:09 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>That story was awesome. Now I'm gonna have to reread the Prydain Chronicles.

are they the stories that the Disney film 'The Black Cauldron' was based on

addi Posted: Mon Aug 16 07:09:03 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I wouldn't live there. San Fran is going to feel the wrath of god someday soon though and fall into the ocean. There are too many sinful heterosexual divorced couples living there.
Plus a bottle of tequila is like $8!

Kira Posted: Mon Aug 16 09:25:32 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Kira said:
>>That story was awesome. Now I'm gonna have to reread the Prydain Chronicles.
>
>
>are they the stories that the Disney film 'The Black Cauldron' was based on

Indeed they are, though as is usually the case the film doesn't do the books justice. If I remember right they combined the first two books into one story.

The author drew much of his inspiration for the books from Welsh mythology.

Puck Posted: Mon Aug 16 23:54:55 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>haha LIKE!

:D

>lava blood

I has it. In this heat, I take a shower, and then I feel like taking another after ten-ish minutes.

mat_j Posted: Wed Aug 18 03:10:51 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>mat_j said:
>>Kira said:
>>>That story was awesome. Now I'm gonna have to reread the Prydain Chronicles.
>>
>>
>>are they the stories that the Disney film 'The Black Cauldron' was based on
>
>Indeed they are, though as is usually the case the film doesn't do the books justice. If I remember right they combined the first two books into one story.
>
>The author drew much of his inspiration for the books from Welsh mythology.

Yeah i was nearly lent one recently but then i got sidetracked by Moby Dick.

choke Posted: Wed Aug 18 07:25:20 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Haha Crim I met someone last night from Arizona and I was like - *swinging beer around haphazardly* "Oh Arizona! So are you finding Japan weather okay? Because you're from a desert?"

Classy just happens to be my middle name.

Posted: Wed Aug 18 17:57:09 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>Haha Crim I met someone last night from Arizona and I was like - *swinging beer around haphazardly* "Oh Arizona! So are you finding Japan weather okay? Because you're from a desert?"
>
>Classy just happens to be my middle name.

I'm thoroughly impressed with your classiness, actually.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Aug 18 21:04:56 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Crim, I have family in Az, have you seen any of them ?

choke Posted: Thu Aug 19 07:15:08 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thank you sir. I've met so many people from different countries this last month actually. A bunch from different states, a couple from Ireland, a couple from London. Not really any from Wales though unfortunately. I've unleashed my classiness on all of them

Posted: Thu Aug 19 09:52:43 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>Crim, I have family in Az, have you seen any of them ?

Are they white? Maybe if so, because they'd really stick out. (that's the only patronizing joke I'll be giving you today, sir)

Really though, whereabouts are they? I don't go south of Phoenix much, but I make a trip up to the Flagstaff area a couple times/year

Kira Posted: Thu Aug 19 16:45:00 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Tiff your blog is so much fun to read! For some reason I can't seem to post a comment or I would have said as much on the blog itself. Anyway it sounds like you're having a blast in Japan.

choke Posted: Fri Aug 20 22:07:03 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Tiff your blog is so much fun to read! For some reason I can't seem to post a comment or I would have said as much on the blog itself. Anyway it sounds like you're having a blast in Japan.

Aw thankyou :D Oh really? Hmm I was wondering why noone was saying anything on it. I think if you don't have a gmail account you select "anonymous" from the drop down menu. Hopefully that works!

choke Posted: Mon Aug 23 09:30:46 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If anyone else wants to get amongst after Kira's sweet advertising the link is www.justakiwitrynahaveagoodtime.blogspot.com!

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]