Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

i smell fall in the air
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sat Sep 4 12:05:28 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Getting up early for class each day I've begun to realize that I can smell fall coming. I'm truly excited as it is my favorite season. :)

mat_j Posted: Tue Sep 14 05:46:44 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ah I loves a good autumn so I doos.

Something special about walking through Cardiff centre this time of year, cold air, winter craft market will be open soon with the smell of hot crepes and chestnuts and freshly sanded wood.

Got my big Soviet overcoat and scarf ready and waiting for the right temperature drop, at the moment it's still a balmy 12 degrees C here.

This means i can dust off my old autumn/winter playlists, thinking Dylan (specifically Simple Twist of Fate), Jeff Buckley, Fairport and Fleet Foxes as a starter then onto something less obvious.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Sep 14 11:23:35 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Something special about walking through Cardiff centre this time of year, cold air, winter craft market will be open soon with the smell of hot crepes and chestnuts and freshly sanded wood.

That sounds fantastic. Man I wish there was something like that out here. The closet thing is different parts of the Ren Faire where the artisans are out working on their projects.

>Got my big Soviet overcoat and scarf ready and waiting for the right temperature drop, at the moment it's still a balmy 12 degrees C here.

I need a really good overcoat and scarf. I always freeze every winter.

>This means i can dust off my old autumn/winter playlists, thinking Dylan (specifically Simple Twist of Fate), Jeff Buckley, Fairport and Fleet Foxes as a starter then onto something less obvious.

Those all sound great :) I also like listening to a lot David Gray, Van Morrison, Nick Drake, and Simon and Garfunkel during the fall. :)

mat_j Posted: Wed Sep 22 05:37:51 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I used to love David Gray but i don't so much any more, probably over exposure, Van Morrison is one of those people who i own CDs of but never listen to even though i know i will love it. I can see how they would be perfect autumnal artists though.

I can't fault Drake or Simon & Garfunkle though amazing, in fact just the other day i was listening to me and julio, which is a summer song i know, but still awesome.

I think i'd like the musical skill of Paul Simon but the surname of Art Garfunkle, that way G'funk would be a legitimate nickname for me.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Sep 22 21:26:04 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I never really thought of music as being seasonal.

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Sep 28 08:54:29 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I never really thought of music as being seasonal.

some music is.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]