Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Get Ready
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Oct 31 22:56:52 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Get ready people, the Republican tsunami is going to roll over the dems and leave them flailing and twitching in their wake.
This is going to be a mandate against the policies of Obama and his policies in a most decisive manner.

kurohyou Posted: Mon Nov 1 21:28:03 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Um... wanted to respond. Guess I am... but got nothing of interest.

In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, no one is good at this running the country thing.

I mean lets look at this. In terms of complex systems, society, government, the United States is, are and will be one of the largest most complex systems humanity will know. To think that one group has the edge over another in knowing how to run it is silly.

Republicans, Democrats, Quakers, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Prodestants all think they know what is best. What no one seems to realize is we are all stuck on this god forasken rock we call a planet and we spend so much of our time bitching and moaning about the other guy. Democrats are evil, Muslims are extremists and Fox News Anchors are fucking morons. Yet they are all equally valid and hold a right to their opinions.

I'm so tired of elections and government and shit. I heard 5 smear ads on the radio today, with both parties mother fucking the other. Know what I want to do. I want to boycott the election until some adults actually want to stand up and run. This country and politics are run by a bunch of children who are pissing in each others Wheaties and throwing sand at each other while wrestling over the only yellow plastic shovel in the fucking place.

I guess what I'm trying to say is who the fuck cares. I would much rather see some adults who are going step up and make a difference and stand above these little bitch sessions. I seriously may not vote tomorrow because they are all bat shit crazy and I'm tired of hearing about it.

Not that it matters...

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Nov 1 22:40:25 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>Um... wanted to respond. Guess I am... but got nothing of interest.
>
>In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, no one is good at this running the country thing.
>
>I mean lets look at this. In terms of complex systems, society, government, the United States is, are and will be one of the largest most complex systems humanity will know. To think that one group has the edge over another in knowing how to run it is silly.
>
>Republicans, Democrats, Quakers, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Prodestants all think they know what is best. What no one seems to realize is we are all stuck on this god forasken rock we call a planet and we spend so much of our time bitching and moaning about the other guy. Democrats are evil, Muslims are extremists and Fox News Anchors are fucking morons. Yet they are all equally valid and hold a right to their opinions.
>
>I'm so tired of elections and government and shit. I heard 5 smear ads on the radio today, with both parties mother fucking the other. Know what I want to do. I want to boycott the election until some adults actually want to stand up and run. This country and politics are run by a bunch of children who are pissing in each others Wheaties and throwing sand at each other while wrestling over the only yellow plastic shovel in the fucking place.
>
>I guess what I'm trying to say is who the fuck cares. I would much rather see some adults who are going step up and make a difference and stand above these little bitch sessions. I seriously may not vote tomorrow because they are all bat shit crazy and I'm tired of hearing about it.
>
>Not that it matters...
>
Quit your bitching man, do you think politics was ever anything else than what it is now ?
Even as our Founding Fathers were makiing this country it was like that.
In the end we usually make the best possible decision and when we do something stupid like electing Obama or Woodrow Wilson, we correct it with another vote.
Tomorrow's election is not going to pro republican so much as it is against the current regime and their policies.

Kira Posted: Mon Nov 1 23:17:19 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm pretty sure boycotting the election only helps the jerks.

That said I think that every ballot should come with "None of the Above" under every seat. I'm quite serious.

kurohyou Posted: Mon Nov 1 23:47:31 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>kurohyou said:
>>Um... wanted to respond. Guess I am... but got nothing of interest.
>>
>>In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, no one is good at this running the country thing.
>>
>>I mean lets look at this. In terms of complex systems, society, government, the United States is, are and will be one of the largest most complex systems humanity will know. To think that one group has the edge over another in knowing how to run it is silly.
>>
>>Republicans, Democrats, Quakers, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Prodestants all think they know what is best. What no one seems to realize is we are all stuck on this god forasken rock we call a planet and we spend so much of our time bitching and moaning about the other guy. Democrats are evil, Muslims are extremists and Fox News Anchors are fucking morons. Yet they are all equally valid and hold a right to their opinions.
>>
>>I'm so tired of elections and government and shit. I heard 5 smear ads on the radio today, with both parties mother fucking the other. Know what I want to do. I want to boycott the election until some adults actually want to stand up and run. This country and politics are run by a bunch of children who are pissing in each others Wheaties and throwing sand at each other while wrestling over the only yellow plastic shovel in the fucking place.
>>
>>I guess what I'm trying to say is who the fuck cares. I would much rather see some adults who are going step up and make a difference and stand above these little bitch sessions. I seriously may not vote tomorrow because they are all bat shit crazy and I'm tired of hearing about it.
>>
>>Not that it matters...
>>
>Quit your bitching man, do you think politics was ever anything else than what it is now ?

You miss my point, as so often is the case. I'm not bitching. I am well aware of how things work. Don't insult my intelligence.

>Even as our Founding Fathers were makiing this country it was like that.

I wasn't there when the founding fathers were doing anything, so I wouldn't know. And while you are older than me, I doubt you were there either.

>In the end we usually make the best possible decision and when we do something stupid like electing Obama or Woodrow Wilson, we correct it with another vote.

I think we want to believe we make the best possible decisions. Many of us may. But most don't. Most don't want to think. Most want to be spoon fed their answers and want to be spared the pain of thinking for themselves. Most people are lemmings.

>Tomorrow's election is not going to pro republican so much as it is against the current regime and their policies.

Was the vote for Obama not the very thing you just said tomorrows election will be? Was that not a vote against that "regime" and their policies?

Blaming an individual or a "regime," is nothing more than a way to avoid the difficult task of understanding, or worse yet, accepting responsibility or taking action. Its not politics. Its human ignorance. It has, is and will probably always be like that and it's not isolated to the political field.

Where I'm at in my life, I would rather find ways of cooperation rather than conflict. Conflict is a tool of the weak, no matter what side the person is on. The only truth lies is the space between sides, between party lines and religious values. Truth lies in silence. I betray this by even engaging further in this. But I don't have much else going on this evening.

Not that it matters...

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 2 05:06:42 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>kurohyou said:
>>>Um... wanted to respond. Guess I am... but got nothing of interest.
>>>
>>>In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, no one is good at this running the country thing.
>>>
>>>I mean lets look at this. In terms of complex systems, society, government, the United States is, are and will be one of the largest most complex systems humanity will know. To think that one group has the edge over another in knowing how to run it is silly.
>>>
That will always be the case until we can have a consensus on the definition of "how it should be ran".

>>>Republicans, Democrats, Quakers, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Prodestants all think they know what is best. What no one seems to realize is we are all stuck on this god forasken rock we call a planet and we spend so much of our time bitching and moaning about the other guy. Democrats are evil, Muslims are extremists and Fox News Anchors are fucking morons. Yet they are all equally valid and hold a right to their opinions.
>>>
>
Your point has some merit, yet there are still many places on "this god forsaken rock" that you would not be allowed to give your opinion on pain of death.
I noticed you singled out Fox News there. They are the only station where you can get the conservative viewpoint on anything in a nation of mostly conservative people. If you would care to single out a couple of the "morons" you are talking about, I would bet none of them are news anchors, more than likely they are political pundits.
Without question, every other national news media outlet on tv has a liberal bent and that is why a Barack Obama could get elected.

>>>I'm so tired of elections and government and shit. I heard 5 smear ads on the radio today, with both parties mother fucking the other. Know what I want to do. I want to boycott the election until some adults actually want to stand up and run. This country and politics are run by a bunch of children who are pissing in each others Wheaties and throwing sand at each other while wrestling over the only yellow plastic shovel in the fucking place.
>>>
>>>I guess what I'm trying to say is who the fuck cares. I would much rather see some adults who are going step up and make a difference and stand above these little bitch sessions. I seriously may not vote tomorrow because they are all bat shit crazy and I'm tired of hearing about it.
>>>
>>>Not that it matters...
>>>
>>Quit your bitching man, do you think politics was ever anything else than what it is now ?
>
>You miss my point, as so often is the case. I'm not bitching. I am well aware of how things work. Don't insult my intelligence.
>
Maybe you should re-read your original post. It sure looks like bitching to me.
In any event I apologize if you took offense to my reply.

>>Even as our Founding Fathers were makiing this country it was like that.
>
>I wasn't there when the founding fathers were doing anything, so I wouldn't know. And while you are older than me, I doubt you were there either.
>
No, I wasn't there either, but it is a matter of historical record.

>>In the end we usually make the best possible decision and when we do something stupid like electing Obama or Woodrow Wilson, we correct it with another vote.
>
>I think we want to believe we make the best possible decisions. Many of us may. But most don't. Most don't want to think. Most want to be spoon fed their answers and want to be spared the pain of thinking for themselves. Most people are lemmings.
>
Really ? Did you SEE any of the townhall meetings this year ?

>>Tomorrow's election is not going to pro republican so much as it is against the current regime and their policies.
>
>Was the vote for Obama not the very thing you just said tomorrows election will be? Was that not a vote against that "regime" and their policies?
>
No, it was a pro Obama vote, and it will most likely be shown as voting anomaly in our historical record much like the election of Jimmy Carter.

>Blaming an individual or a "regime," is nothing more than a way to avoid the difficult task of understanding, or worse yet, accepting responsibility or taking action. Its not politics. Its human ignorance. It has, is and will probably always be like that and it's not isolated to the political field.
>
Forgive my ignorance on display here, but your above post looks a lot like an advocation of anarchy.

>Where I'm at in my life, I would rather find ways of cooperation rather than conflict. Conflict is a tool of the weak, no matter what side the person is on. The only truth lies is the space between sides, between party lines and religious values. Truth lies in silence. I betray this by even engaging further in this. But I don't have much else going on this evening.
>
Perhaps in a perfect world, but none of us live in a perfect world. We must live in this one, we have no choice in that matter. And we have to abide by the rules of this world and make it as best we can. Politics is as dirty a business as there is, but someone has to make the sausage and we all should participate in that lest we have no say in how it comes out.
The right to vote for your own govt is a fairly recent event in the history of man and many of your not-too-distant forefathers shed blood to acquire that right for us.
We should honor their sacrifices and vote every chance we get, even if we don't like our choices, there is always the lesser of two evils.
Giving up your right to vote could eventually result in losing that right if enough people abstain often enough.

>Not that it matters...

addi Posted: Tue Nov 2 07:29:45 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kuroreeno
the Kuromeister
Kuro da man
taking up the torch of light and reason against the powers of ignorance and darkness.
Good luck with that one ; )

All I've got to say on the matter is one can only hope and pray that the Obama socialeistas and their god denying legions suffer a great defeat today, and hand the government back to the Palin loving right wing conservative tea party republicans...
because
so many have forgotten how good everything was here a few years back when they were in control.
It was like...like a paradise on earth!

kurohyou Posted: Tue Nov 2 10:23:10 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>kurohyou said:
>>Um... wanted to respond. Guess I am... but got nothing of interest.
>>
>>In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, no one is good at this running the country thing.
>>
>>I mean lets look at this. In terms of complex systems, society, government, the United States is, are and will be one of the largest most complex systems humanity will know. To think that one group has the edge over another in knowing how to run it is silly.
>>
>>Republicans, Democrats, Quakers, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Prodestants all think they know what is best. What no one seems to realize is we are all stuck on this god forasken rock we call a planet and we spend so much of our time bitching and moaning about the other guy. Democrats are evil, Muslims are extremists and Fox News Anchors are fucking morons. Yet they are all equally valid and hold a right to their opinions.
>>
>>I'm so tired of elections and government and shit. I heard 5 smear ads on the radio today, with both parties mother fucking the other. Know what I want to do. I want to boycott the election until some adults actually want to stand up and run. This country and politics are run by a bunch of children who are pissing in each others Wheaties and throwing sand at each other while wrestling over the only yellow plastic shovel in the fucking place.
>>
>>I guess what I'm trying to say is who the fuck cares. I would much rather see some adults who are going step up and make a difference and stand above these little bitch sessions. I seriously may not vote tomorrow because they are all bat shit crazy and I'm tired of hearing about it.
>>
>>Not that it matters...
>>
>Quit your bitching man, do you think politics was ever anything else than what it is now ?
>Even as our Founding Fathers were makiing this country it was like that.
>In the end we usually make the best possible decision and when we do something stupid like electing Obama or Woodrow Wilson, we correct it with another vote.
>Tomorrow's election is not going to pro republican so much as it is against the current regime and their policies.

Wait... your opening post referred to a Republican Tsunami... So which is it? A pro republican tsunami of terror or a an outcry of the masses against a regime.

This is why I don't like foxnews. Its melodramatic fear mongering which, when it gets too far into the weeds, pulls back, back pedals, rephrases or recants.

Not saying you are in anyway affiliated with foxnews, but why didn't you just say the election was going to show people's discontent with the current administration and its policies. That would have seemed more moderate and less... I don't know dividing. And again is that not what any election is when "power" changes hands between parties? The people saying we'd like to see something different? Your opening statement drew a clear and distinct line in the sand which wasn't necessary and that is why the game of politics is aggravating to me.

What if, instead of accepting the status quo of "how it's ALWAYS been" we took just one step beyond to consensus? Why is that so damn difficult?

For what it's worth...

kurohyou Posted: Tue Nov 2 10:26:21 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Kuroreeno
>the Kuromeister
>Kuro da man
>taking up the torch of light and reason against the powers of ignorance and darkness.
>Good luck with that one ; )

Was bored and putting off paying my bills.

>
>All I've got to say on the matter is one can only hope and pray that the Obama socialeistas and their god denying legions suffer a great defeat today, and hand the government back to the Palin loving right wing conservative tea party republicans...
>because
>so many have forgotten how good everything was here a few years back when they were in control.
>It was like...like a paradise on earth!

I was there. I remember. As the good ole days. I miss a president that makes up new words for the dictionary. I'll say this. Obama looks old. I think being president must be the worst job in the world. Cuz they all look like shit at the end of their run.

For what it's worth...

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 2 11:03:19 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>kurohyou said:
>>>Um... wanted to respond. Guess I am... but got nothing of interest.
>>>
>>>In case anyone hasn't been paying attention, no one is good at this running the country thing.
>>>
>>>I mean lets look at this. In terms of complex systems, society, government, the United States is, are and will be one of the largest most complex systems humanity will know. To think that one group has the edge over another in knowing how to run it is silly.
>>>
>>>Republicans, Democrats, Quakers, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, Prodestants all think they know what is best. What no one seems to realize is we are all stuck on this god forasken rock we call a planet and we spend so much of our time bitching and moaning about the other guy. Democrats are evil, Muslims are extremists and Fox News Anchors are fucking morons. Yet they are all equally valid and hold a right to their opinions.
>>>
>>>I'm so tired of elections and government and shit. I heard 5 smear ads on the radio today, with both parties mother fucking the other. Know what I want to do. I want to boycott the election until some adults actually want to stand up and run. This country and politics are run by a bunch of children who are pissing in each others Wheaties and throwing sand at each other while wrestling over the only yellow plastic shovel in the fucking place.
>>>
>>>I guess what I'm trying to say is who the fuck cares. I would much rather see some adults who are going step up and make a difference and stand above these little bitch sessions. I seriously may not vote tomorrow because they are all bat shit crazy and I'm tired of hearing about it.
>>>
>>>Not that it matters...
>>>
>>Quit your bitching man, do you think politics was ever anything else than what it is now ?
>>Even as our Founding Fathers were makiing this country it was like that.
>>In the end we usually make the best possible decision and when we do something stupid like electing Obama or Woodrow Wilson, we correct it with another vote.
>>Tomorrow's election is not going to pro republican so much as it is against the current regime and their policies.
>
>Wait... your opening post referred to a Republican Tsunami... So which is it? A pro republican tsunami of terror or a an outcry of the masses against a regime.
>
It is absolutely going to be a republican tsumani. They are going to win overwhelmingly. Still it's a vote against Obama's policies and not so much for republicans although most would prefer their platform of smaller federal govt, more local responsibilities and some sanity where spending must be done.

>This is why I don't like foxnews. Its melodramatic fear mongering which, when it gets too far into the weeds, pulls back, back pedals, rephrases or recants.
>
I like Fox News, it's the only place where I can get a both points of view. Yes they have pundits that only see things one way, but it's mostly my way and that's why I like it. Anyone think Chris Matthews or Colbert the asshole will give you anything straight ? Or even Katie Couric or Meredith Viera ?
I guess we could all just tune into that bastion of right-down-the-middle fairness NPR ?

>Not saying you are in anyway affiliated with foxnews, but why didn't you just say the election was going to show people's discontent with the current administration and its policies. That would have seemed more moderate and less... I don't know dividing. And again is that not what any election is when "power" changes hands between parties? The people saying we'd like to see something different? Your opening statement drew a clear and distinct line in the sand which wasn't necessary and that is why the game of politics is aggravating to me.
>
It's because this time the people are not just discontented, but extremely angry.
This time the govt openly flouted the wishes of their constituents and enacted the most expensive and power grabbing piece of legislation ever put forth and shoved it down our throats. It was made quite clear that an overwhelming majority of Americans did not want Obamacare and they pretty much told us we were too stupid to know what was good for us. This govt has no concept of the term "consent of the governed".

>What if, instead of accepting the status quo of "how it's ALWAYS been" we took just one step beyond to consensus? Why is that so damn difficult?
>
You mean we should all act and think the same way ?

>For what it's worth...
>
>

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Nov 2 13:58:26 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:

>Know what I want to do. I want to boycott the election until some adults actually want to stand up and run. This country and politics are run by a bunch of children who are pissing in each others Wheaties and throwing sand at each other while wrestling over the only yellow plastic shovel in the fucking place.

I'm going to have to agree with you. There aren't many adults left in office or running for that matter.

>I guess what I'm trying to say is who the fuck cares. I would much rather see some adults who are going step up and make a difference and stand above these little bitch sessions. I seriously may not vote tomorrow because they are all bat shit crazy and I'm tired of hearing about it.

This will be the first time since I was able to vote that I won't be voting. I generally take voting very very seriously. But this election season has left the taste of shit in my mouth and I don't want any of it.

List (in no particular order) of Conservative TV shows and radio shows:
TV:
Fox News
Tucker Carlson
Rick Sanchez
Sean Hannity
Bill O'Reilly
MSNBC's Scarborough Country
Will Anderson
Phil Donahue
Glenn Beck
Pat Buchanan
Bob Costas
Betsy Hart
Juan Williams
Ann Coulter

Radio:
KLO
Sirius XM Partriot
Kilmeade and Friends
The John Gibson Show
The Tom Sullivan Show
more Bill O'Reilly
Rush Limbaugh
Phil Valentine
Bryan Suits
Mike Fleming
Sean Hannity (again)
Al Rantel
Chris Stigall
Laura Ingraham
Mike Savage
Dr. Laura
Bill Cunningham
Mark Levin
Michael Reagan
Lars Larson
Neal Boortz
Michael Medved
Curtis Sliwa
Michael Smerconish
Todd Schnitt
Michael Barone
Rick Roberts
Lurita Doan
Charles Goyette
Rusty Humphries
Mike Gallagher

And many others...

I guess you guys are a minority.

:(

Posted: Tue Nov 2 14:01:45 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's really a question of whether Americans want their country back,

or want their country forward.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 2 15:24:40 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>kurohyou said:
>
>>Know what I want to do. I want to boycott the election until some adults actually want to stand up and run. This country and politics are run by a bunch of children who are pissing in each others Wheaties and throwing sand at each other while wrestling over the only yellow plastic shovel in the fucking place.
>
>I'm going to have to agree with you. There aren't many adults left in office or running for that matter.
>
>
>This will be the first time since I was able to vote that I won't be voting. I generally take voting very very seriously. But this election season has left the taste of shit in my mouth and I don't want any of it.
>
>List (in no particular order) of Conservative TV shows and radio shows:
>TV:
>Fox News
>Tucker Carlson
>Rick Sanchez
>Sean Hannity
>Bill O'Reilly
>MSNBC's Scarborough Country
>Will Anderson
>Phil Donahue
>Glenn Beck
>Pat Buchanan
>Bob Costas
>Betsy Hart
>Juan Williams
>Ann Coulter
>
>Radio:
>KLO
>Sirius XM Partriot
>Kilmeade and Friends
>The John Gibson Show
>The Tom Sullivan Show
>more Bill O'Reilly
>Rush Limbaugh
>Phil Valentine
>Bryan Suits
>Mike Fleming
>Sean Hannity (again)
>Al Rantel
>Chris Stigall
>Laura Ingraham
>Mike Savage
>Dr. Laura
>Bill Cunningham
>Mark Levin
>Michael Reagan
>Lars Larson
>Neal Boortz
>Michael Medved
>Curtis Sliwa
>Michael Smerconish
>Todd Schnitt
>Michael Barone
>Rick Roberts
>Lurita Doan
>Charles Goyette
>Rusty Humphries
>Mike Gallagher
>
>And many others...
>
>I guess you guys are a minority.
>
>:(
You chose to omit the fact that all of them together don't come close to the number of listeners/viewers that CBS, NBC, and ABC get on a daily basis.
So I guess as far as the media is concerned, yes we are in the minority.
But we are closing the gap as more and more people see the mainstream media for the crooked bastards that they are.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 2 15:30:28 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>addi said:
>>
>>so many have forgotten how good everything was here a few years back when they were in control.
>>It was like...like a paradise on earth!
>
>I was there. I remember. As the good ole days. I miss a president that makes up new words for the dictionary.
>
Nice dig at Dubya there. . .
How bout some of these . . .
If George W. Bush had doubled the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had criticized a state law that he admitted he never even read, would you think that he is just an ignorant hot head?

If George W. Bush joined the country of Mexico and sued a state in the United States to force that state to continue to allow illegal immigration, would you question his patriotism and wonder who's side he was on?

If George W. Bush had put 87000 workers out of work by arbitrarily placing a moratorium on offshore oil drilling on companies that have one of the best safety records of any industry because one company had an accident would you have agreed?

If George W. Bush had used a forged document as the basis of the moratorium that would render 87000 American workers unemployed would you support him?

If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a TelePrompTer installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the nonexistent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had stated that there were 57 states in theUnited States , would you have said that he is clueless.

If George W. Bush would have flown all the way to Denmark to make a five minute speech about how the Olympics would benefit him walking out his front door in Texas , would you havethought he was a self important, conceited, egotistical jerk.
If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

If George W. Bush had misspelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoes as proof of what a dunce he is?

If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

kurohyou Posted: Tue Nov 2 16:35:20 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>It is absolutely going to be a republican tsumani. They are going to win overwhelmingly. Still it's a vote against Obama's policies and not so much for republicans although most would prefer their platform of smaller federal govt, more local responsibilities and some sanity where spending must be done.

The last Tsunami I recalled killed a lot of people, so I hope its not a tsumani. and if it is. I hope its a little one.

>I like Fox News, it's the only place where I can get a both points of view. Yes they have pundits that only see things one way, but it's mostly my way and that's why I like it. Anyone think Chris Matthews or Colbert the asshole will give you anything straight ? Or even Katie Couric or Meredith Viera ?
>I guess we could all just tune into that bastion of right-down-the-middle fairness NPR ?

Really, you're gonna too Colbert in there. He's a comedian for the love of god. He's suppose to be funny, and succeeds. That was like Bernie what's his face attacking Jon Stewart after Stewart told Fox to go fuck themselves. Why bother? Colbert and Stewart are two funny and smart guys who... last check are comedians. They don't have anything to live up to except to be funny.

It would be like me arguing with a rent-a-cop over who was a real cop. It's stupid and a waste of time. I don't know who Chris Matthews.. I'll wikipedia that shit as soon as I finish here.

Everytime I hear NPR I think of Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood and that badass sweater he wore.

>It's because this time the people are not just discontented, but extremely angry.

Oh come on. They were angry before as well. This time they just have something different to be angry about. Last time there were issues with never ending wars and that stuff.

This time around its about the economy, healthcare and that dumbass who said his kid took off in a balloon. Okay maybe he's not involved. But...

Its not a matter of whether they are more discontent or angry this go around than they were before. Everyone's pissed about something, that something just changes.

I don't think anyone is more angry this time around than they were before, unless they are republican.

I'm not republican, I'm not democrat. I"m not paticularly angry. I'm not thrilled with everything the government has done, but I also think they inherited a mess and are doing the best they can.

>This time the govt openly flouted the wishes of their constituents and enacted the most expensive and power grabbing piece of legislation ever put forth and shoved it down our throats.

Was this the patriot act? Or was it the one that required me walk through the naked scanner at the airport. cuz I agree. That was not cool...

>It was made quite clear that an overwhelming majority of Americans did not want Obamacare and they pretty much told us we were too stupid to know what was good for us. This govt has no concept of the term "consent of the governed".

You mean democrats right? cuz I'm sure republicans have a far better understanding of it right?

>You mean we should all act and think the same way ?

No. But we should work towards haromony instead of discord. We should move forward. If we find ourselves in the minority on the political spectrum instead of "bitching" as you have accused me of doing, we should step up, embrace the fact that the majority of Americans believed in who they voted for and do what we can to keep moving forward.

It feels like when the republicans or democrats or whoever doesn't get their way, instead of helping this bus move along, they dig their heels in, throw a tantrum and actually make things worse. What will be accomplished by stonewalling?

I just think it would be nice if people could lose and win graciously and, even if they are not the ones in power and control, continue to move the country forward and support the voice of the people until the voice changes. Whether republicans like it or not Obama was elected. Regardless of the reasons or the conspiracy theories, he's the president of the United States. It would be nice if people would accept that instead of pouting about it and dragging their heels for the next 4, well now 2 years until they have their chance to "de thrown" him.

My dog has real bad gas... not cool.

For what it's worth...

kurohyou Posted: Tue Nov 2 16:56:03 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>kurohyou said:
>>addi said:
>>>
>>>so many have forgotten how good everything was here a few years back when they were in control.
>>>It was like...like a paradise on earth!
>>
>>I was there. I remember. As the good ole days. I miss a president that makes up new words for the dictionary.
>>
>Nice dig at Dubya there. . .
>How bout some of these . . .
>If George W. Bush had doubled the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?
>
I originally wasn't going to respond but this is too much fun...
>
>If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

Sure.

>If George W. Bush had criticized a state law that he admitted he never even read, would you think that he is just an ignorant hot head?

No. Just Silly. I would have said, let me read it and get back to you but my initial take on this is...

>If George W. Bush joined the country of Mexico and sued a state in the United States to force that state to continue to allow illegal immigration, would you question his patriotism and wonder who's side he was on?

Hmm...well. Illegal Immigration is an issue. I don't think I would have wondered if he was mexican though...

>If George W. Bush had put 87000 workers out of work by arbitrarily placing a moratorium on offshore oil drilling on companies that have one of the best safety records of any industry because one company had an accident would you have agreed?

yes. cuz I think off shore drilling is bad for the fisheys...

>If George W. Bush had used a forged document as the basis of the moratorium that would render 87000 American workers unemployed would you support him?

Depends... was it anything like the reports of WMD's which lead to the Iraq war?

>If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a TelePrompTer installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?

No. I like teleprompters. I lose my place often in speeches and it may keep him from making up new words.

>If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?

Depends on the Play. Cats. Yes. Rent. Maybe. Hello Dolly. Fuck no!

>If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?

My retirement is already in the shitter. Ask Breeze.

>If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

Depends, was it funny?

>If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

Who is Gordon Brown? and what was the historically significant gift? I'm bad at gift giving.

>If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?

Hell no! it would tell me he had a sense of humor.

>If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?

Yes. it would have told me he had cultural sensitivity and wasn't being an ignorant American.

>If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the nonexistent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

Probably. What is the language of Austria?

>If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?

Only if they weren't actually overseeing the IRS. Then it wouldn't seem so odd.

>If George W. Bush had stated that there were 57 states in theUnited States , would you have said that he is clueless.

No. I would have though he was thinking of the BBQ sauce and in the midst of a meal.

>If George W. Bush would have flown all the way to Denmark to make a five minute speech about how the Olympics would benefit him walking out his front door in Texas , would you havethought he was a self important, conceited, egotistical jerk.

No. Cuz that entire statment above confuses me.

>If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?

Well it would have proved that I was not wrong to think at any point he was mexican.

>If George W. Bush had misspelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoes as proof of what a dunce he is?

Nope cuz I can't spell it either.

>If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?

No. If he had written a 5000 page tree killing memo commerating Earth day and the planting of trees that would have been hypocritical.

>If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?

no. But I would have def made fun of them as I did with with Obama's admin for that choice.

>If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?

Depends. Was he keeping down the black people?

>If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.

Maybe. But I would still not be concerned that he was mexican but maybe concerned he was actually russian.

>If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

Yes. Cuz I'm looking for a CEO position so that would have given me an in.

Look man, no one in this office is perfect. They make mistakes, collassal blunders and its the joy of being american that we can point them out and play them over and over on youtube. Obama has made some tremendous mistakes, as Bush did and as the men and women who will come after them will continue to make. Your list was mildly entertaining but I'm sure you can do this with any president or government.

People are not out to get the republicans or the democrats. If you ask the majority of them they probably don't care who the president is as long as life is easier than it has been. American's have limited tolerance for discomfort and this country, having been run by both democrats and republicans has been an uncomfortable place to live for some time. Stop blaming one group or one man for all the problems.

As V said in V for Vendetta,

"...if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror..."

For what it's worth...

breeze Posted: Tue Nov 2 18:58:50 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahh I see nothing has changed since I was here last in 2005. Good to see all the old faces and some new ones. Hope everyone is well.

and yes, Kuro's retirement plan is in the "shitter" as he put it, but whose isn't these days? I clench my teeth every time I look at my stock portfolio, even though it's better now than it was at the end of 2008...

It's interesting how one's job affects the way they perceive the politics... Couple years ago I loved Obama. Smart. New ideas. he was like a breath of fresh air after painful 8 years. I was all for his election when he was running, not that I could vote, just supporting from the sidelines, and I was running in fear every time I saw Palin and heard things that came out of her mouth.

Two years down the road now and I'm cringing at Obamacare, as I see the negative impact it's going to have on the medical device companies that our fund has invested in (and i'm not even talking about personal healthcare implications). The margins will be coming down and with them the valuations these businesses had, which will directly impact the staffing at these companies and indirectly impact my annual bonuses and interest I have in the fund... Along come 2011, the capital gains tax will be up to 20% and let me just say it's more than annoying especially in the economy where people should be encouraged to invest their money in the stocks not the other way around.

Not saying that I'm a republican now in any way, spare or form, but to Kuro's point I don't think either party knows how to run it better. The republicans just seem to have a better coordinated and united front in these elections, so yeah they will probably do a lot better than the Democrats. Personally, I don't care as long as someone makes them stop running these stupid commercials on TV with people throwing stones at each other. So childish.

PS: Oh and if you missed it, you should totally watch this debate at Widener University where Republican candidate, Christine O'Donnell totally blanks on First Amendment to the Constitution. Hilarious.

http://www.webcastr.com/videos//politics/odonnell-first-amendment-cnn-webcastr.html

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 2 21:39:03 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>kurohyou said:
>>>addi said:
>>>>
>>>>so many have forgotten how good everything was here a few years back when they were in control.
>>>>It was like...like a paradise on earth!
>>>
>>>I was there. I remember. As the good ole days. I miss a president that makes up new words for the dictionary.
>>>
>>Nice dig at Dubya there. . .
>>How bout some of these . . .
>>If George W. Bush had doubled the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?
>>
>I originally wasn't going to respond but this is too much fun...
>>
>>If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?
>
>Sure.
>
>>If George W. Bush had criticized a state law that he admitted he never even read, would you think that he is just an ignorant hot head?
>
>No. Just Silly. I would have said, let me read it and get back to you but my initial take on this is...
>
>>If George W. Bush joined the country of Mexico and sued a state in the United States to force that state to continue to allow illegal immigration, would you question his patriotism and wonder who's side he was on?
>
>Hmm...well. Illegal Immigration is an issue. I don't think I would have wondered if he was mexican though...
>
>>If George W. Bush had put 87000 workers out of work by arbitrarily placing a moratorium on offshore oil drilling on companies that have one of the best safety records of any industry because one company had an accident would you have agreed?
>
>yes. cuz I think off shore drilling is bad for the fisheys...
>
>>If George W. Bush had used a forged document as the basis of the moratorium that would render 87000 American workers unemployed would you support him?
>
>Depends... was it anything like the reports of WMD's which lead to the Iraq war?
>
>>If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a TelePrompTer installed to be able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said this is more proof of how inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?
>
>No. I like teleprompters. I lose my place often in speeches and it may keep him from making up new words.
>
>>If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have approved?
>
>Depends on the Play. Cats. Yes. Rent. Maybe. Hello Dolly. Fuck no!
>
>>If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan's holdings of GM stock by 90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have approved?
>
>My retirement is already in the shitter. Ask Breeze.
>
>>If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?
>
>Depends, was it funny?
>
>>If George W. Bush had given Gordon Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?
>
>Who is Gordon Brown? and what was the historically significant gift? I'm bad at gift giving.
>
>>If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?
>
>Hell no! it would tell me he had a sense of humor.
>
>>If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved?
>
>Yes. it would have told me he had cultural sensitivity and wasn't being an ignorant American.
>
>>If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the nonexistent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?
>
>Probably. What is the language of Austria?
>
>>If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes, would you have approved?
>
>Only if they weren't actually overseeing the IRS. Then it wouldn't seem so odd.
>
>>If George W. Bush had stated that there were 57 states in theUnited States , would you have said that he is clueless.
>
>No. I would have though he was thinking of the BBQ sauce and in the midst of a meal.
>
>>If George W. Bush would have flown all the way to Denmark to make a five minute speech about how the Olympics would benefit him walking out his front door in Texas , would you havethought he was a self important, conceited, egotistical jerk.
>
>No. Cuz that entire statment above confuses me.
>
>>If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, would you have winced in embarrassment?
>
>Well it would have proved that I was not wrong to think at any point he was mexican.
>
>>If George W. Bush had misspelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoes as proof of what a dunce he is?
>
>Nope cuz I can't spell it either.
>
>>If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?
>
>No. If he had written a 5000 page tree killing memo commerating Earth day and the planting of trees that would have been hypocritical.
>
>>If George W. Bush's administration had okayed Air Force One flying low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, would you have wondered whether they actually get what happened on 9-11?
>
>no. But I would have def made fun of them as I did with with Obama's admin for that choice.
>
>>If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans , would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?
>
>Depends. Was he keeping down the black people?
>
>>If George W. Bush had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America , would you have approved.
>
>Maybe. But I would still not be concerned that he was mexican but maybe concerned he was actually russian.
>
>>If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?
>
>Yes. Cuz I'm looking for a CEO position so that would have given me an in.
>
>Look man, no one in this office is perfect. They make mistakes, collassal blunders and its the joy of being american that we can point them out and play them over and over on youtube. Obama has made some tremendous mistakes, as Bush did and as the men and women who will come after them will continue to make. Your list was mildly entertaining but I'm sure you can do this with any president or government.
>>
That's true, but I felt the need to respond to your little dig since so many liberal pundits made their careers belittling Dubya and calling him stupid,yet these same morons won't even acknowledge the gaffs by their own messiah Obama, and as shown above, he's made plenty.
>

kurohyou Posted: Tue Nov 2 22:38:31 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>That's true, but I felt the need to respond to your little dig since so many liberal pundits made their careers belittling Dubya and calling him stupid,yet these same morons won't even acknowledge the gaffs by their own messiah Obama, and as shown above, he's made plenty.

You take this personally. I don't. I do it for the entertainment factor. As of now however I have to go clean a gun, check a ballastic vest and make sure my gear is in order because I have far more important things to worry about in about 12 hours.

Been a blast we should do it again sometime.

For what it's worth...

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Nov 3 07:00:27 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>That's true, but I felt the need to respond to your little dig since so many liberal pundits made their careers belittling Dubya and calling him stupid,yet these same morons won't even acknowledge the gaffs by their own messiah Obama, and as shown above, he's made plenty.
>
>You take this personally. I don't. I do it for the entertainment factor. As of now however I have to go clean a gun, check a ballastic vest and make sure my gear is in order because I have far more important things to worry about in about 12 hours.
>
>Been a blast we should do it again sometime.
>
absolutely, it seems the only way to get this forum back on track.
Take care of yourself out there.
>For what it's worth...

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Nov 3 07:36:38 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's only been a week or so that Obama said the "republicans could go along for the ride, but they would have to sit in the back of the bus."
I sure would like to hear his thoughts on that one now.

kurohyou Posted: Wed Nov 3 09:28:05 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>It's only been a week or so that Obama said the "republicans could go along for the ride, but they would have to sit in the back of the bus."
>I sure would like to hear his thoughts on that one now.

Well I am personally interested in sitting back and watching the efficiency of this well oiled governmental machine we have created. This is better than Grey's Anatomy!!!

Not that it matters...

kurohyou Posted: Wed Nov 3 09:29:19 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>kurohyou said:
>>ifihadahif said:
>>
>>>That's true, but I felt the need to respond to your little dig since so many liberal pundits made their careers belittling Dubya and calling him stupid,yet these same morons won't even acknowledge the gaffs by their own messiah Obama, and as shown above, he's made plenty.
>>
>>You take this personally. I don't. I do it for the entertainment factor. As of now however I have to go clean a gun, check a ballastic vest and make sure my gear is in order because I have far more important things to worry about in about 12 hours.
>>
>>Been a blast we should do it again sometime.
>>
>absolutely, it seems the only way to get this forum back on track.
>Take care of yourself out there.
>>For what it's worth...

True Dat.

Thanks. I carry a gun and wear a bullet proof vest... What could possibly go wrong.

For what it's worth...

addi Posted: Wed Nov 3 11:43:38 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Idiots...with memories just as limited.

Do ya'll remember how good it was here pre-08? Do you remember how a republican pres and congress had things under control? No?
Or is this all just about how good your stocks are doing?

Barack and a number of dems in congress have made errors for sure (several things in the past 2 years have pissed me off), but to think the results of this election are going to magically fix what's ailing us is naive to say the least.

And before you go gloating over taking the house, hif, remember what goes around comes around. I've said it here before many times..American voters are a fickle bunch. I knew it when they voted Barack in that the chaos he inherited could be big trouble down the road. The very same "we've had enough" voters that put so many conservatives in yesterday will turn on the party in an instant if they aren't swimming in money and life isn't peachy keen come the fall of 2012.
You can count on it...and that could very well mean 4 more years of Obama for you "real Americans" to deal with.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Nov 3 15:47:41 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Idiots...with memories just as limited.
>
>Do ya'll remember how good it was here pre-08? Do you remember how a republican pres and congress had things under control? No?
>
Actually what I remember is 6yrs of unprecedented economic growth until Pelosi and Co. too over.

>Or is this all just about how good your stocks are doing?
>
>Barack and a number of dems in congress have made errors for sure (several things in the past 2 years have pissed me off), but to think the results of this election are going to magically fix what's ailing us is naive to say the least.
>
No one thinks this is going to "magically fix anything", but it will bring some sanity back to the house. It will put a stop to Obamacare and the out of control spending lunacy.
And most importantly it will bring a congress that listens to its' constituents instead of viewing them as subjects to be ruled. In effect it will neuter Mr. Obama.

>And before you go gloating over taking the house, hif, remember what goes around comes around. I've said it here before many times..American voters are a fickle bunch. I knew it when they voted Barack in that the chaos he inherited could be big trouble down the road. The very same "we've had enough" voters that put so many conservatives in yesterday will turn on the party in an instant if they aren't swimming in money and life isn't peachy keen come the fall of 2012.
>You can count on it...and that could very well mean 4 more years of Obama for you "real Americans" to deal with.
>
Nothing short of a miracle is going to allow Obama a second term but you are correct in saying that if the Republicans don't perform, we will throw them out too. And no, it doesn't have to be "swimming in money" living the good life to keep their jobs, that just sounds like sour grapes on your part.
Seems to me that when I said much the same thing on here a few years back about how the political pendulum will always swing the other way eventually, you admonished me and told me to back off a bit and "let them enjoy it".
Where is that sentiment now ?

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Nov 3 15:50:51 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>It's only been a week or so that Obama said the "republicans could go along for the ride, but they would have to sit in the back of the bus."
>>I sure would like to hear his thoughts on that one now.
>
>Well I am personally interested in sitting back and watching the efficiency of this well oiled governmental machine we have created. This is better than Grey's Anatomy!!!
>
Other than the military there is no such thing as a well oiled government machine. A bureaucracy by it's very definition is woefully inefficient.
That is one major reason we conservatives don't believe the government is the ansswer for much beyond defense of our borders and constitution.
>Not that it matters...

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Nov 3 15:51:31 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I see Hillary Clinton as the democratic nominee for president in 2012.
Anyone disagree ?

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Nov 3 15:52:30 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>Idiots...with memories just as limited.
>
>Do ya'll remember how good it was here pre-08? Do you remember how a republican pres and congress had things under control? No?
>Or is this all just about how good your stocks are doing?
>
>Barack and a number of dems in congress have made errors for sure (several things in the past 2 years have pissed me off), but to think the results of this election are going to magically fix what's ailing us is naive to say the least.
>
>And before you go gloating over taking the house, hif, remember what goes around comes around. I've said it here before many times..American voters are a fickle bunch. I knew it when they voted Barack in that the chaos he inherited could be big trouble down the road. The very same "we've had enough" voters that put so many conservatives in yesterday will turn on the party in an instant if they aren't swimming in money and life isn't peachy keen come the fall of 2012.
>You can count on it...and that could very well mean 4 more years of Obama for you "real Americans" to deal with.
>
BTW I thought you weren't speaking to me anymore ?

addi Posted: Wed Nov 3 21:49:50 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>BTW I thought you weren't speaking to me anymore ?

you're confusing me with god.

lol!

; )

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 4 06:39:27 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>BTW I thought you weren't speaking to me anymore ?
>
>you're confusing me with god.
>
>lol!
>
>; )
>
Yeah, that probably happens to you a lot . . .

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 4 14:40:43 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The arrogance of this man is appalling.
He stood up there and said he understands the American people are frustrated with the economy and that's why they voted republican. He absolutely would not allow that this vote was a repudiation of his policies.
I refuse to believe the man is this stupid, but it galls me that he thinks the American voters are stupid enough to buy his bullshit. He is absolutely a one termer . . . if he lasts that long.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 4 19:29:18 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>It's really a question of whether Americans want their country back,
>
>or want their country forward.
>
Who gets to define the terms back or forward ?

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Nov 9 19:04:03 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>I see Hillary Clinton as the democratic nominee for president in 2012.
>Anyone disagree ?

I do. I don't think she's going to be able to actually be a candidate.

On a more serious note.

I believe I have reveled Addi's true identity: Rutger Howard.

Why didn't you tell any of us you were a movie star?

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 9 20:09:35 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>I see Hillary Clinton as the democratic nominee for president in 2012.
>>Anyone disagree ?
>
>I do. I don't think she's going to be able to actually be a candidate.
>
Well she came out this week and said she would not be a candidate in 2012 or 2016, but we'll see.
Why don't you think she would be able ?

>On a more serious note.
>
>I believe I have reveled Addi's true identity: Rutger Howard.
>
>Why didn't you tell any of us you were a movie star?
>
You mean Rutger Hauer ?

addi Posted: Wed Nov 10 09:50:11 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:

>You mean Rutger Hauer ?

Maybe Rutger Howard is Ron Howard's brother. :)

If it's Rutger Hauer then I hope it's the Rutger from Bladerunner, and not Ladyhawke..he was really lame in that one.

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Nov 10 14:42:32 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>ifihadahif said:
>
>>You mean Rutger Hauer ?
>
>Maybe Rutger Howard is Ron Howard's brother. :)
>
>If it's Rutger Hauer then I hope it's the Rutger from Bladerunner, and not Ladyhawke..he was really lame in that one.
>
How about the Rutger Hauer in Nighthawks ?

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]