Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

whatcha eatin' under there?
Puck Posted: Tue Nov 9 12:28:00 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  In the spirit of our old "What music are you listening to, at the moment"-type threads, what are you eating?

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 9 14:16:54 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>In the spirit of our old "What music are you listening to, at the moment"-type threads, what are you eating?
>
Carrot cake

Posted: Tue Nov 9 15:29:18 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>In the spirit of our old "What music are you listening to, at the moment"-type threads, what are you eating?

Underpants.

No, really though, I've been BBQing an awful lot lately. Gotta keep warm in these frigid desert conditions.

Posted: Tue Nov 9 16:38:46 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  oh MAN and how could I forget? We discovered a Cornish Pasty joint within walking distance. It's been... amazing.

mat_j Posted: Tue Nov 9 16:45:53 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  There's a supoib Cornish pasty joint in Cardiff, world class and all that, but then again the Corns are a cousin people of the Welsh so it's not so exciting for us.

I just made a massive pot of sweet potato (i guess youse guys call them yams) and butternut squash soup. It's cold here.

kurohyou Posted: Tue Nov 9 17:47:27 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Just finished a mint from a mini cauldron left over from the 5 lbs of halloween candy, which has dwindled to 4.75 lbs of halloween candy. Ugh.

Kid Units are enjoying some Hot Chocolate and I a cup of coffee as its snowing outside.

Chicken Noodle Soup is on tap for this evening.

Not that it matters...

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Nov 9 19:09:02 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've been eating Bumble bars. They are vegan and delicious.

When are you going to be making me unbelievably delicious baked goods?? You've got a ridiculously wonderful professional mixer.

Puck Posted: Tue Nov 9 21:55:46 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>yams

Only people who don't know that they're actually different from sweet potatos.

Kuro said:
>Chicken Noodle Soup is on tap

How I would have a gigglefit if I saw that literally.

"Hey! Come do a keg stand!"
"What's in it?"
"Chicken noodle! WOOOO!"

choke Posted: Wed Nov 10 07:55:05 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I don't cook.

Today I had

Burnt toast
2 cups of tea
1 cup of milo
1 cup of coffee
A bento (Japanese lunchbox full of rice, fish, pickles and pretty things)
Some sort of delectable cream bun
Sandwiches
An onigiri (rice ball with stuff inside wrapped in seaweed)
An entire bag of peanuts

breeze Posted: Wed Nov 10 15:16:43 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'm in the office, so not a whole lot of variety around here, but I had yummy cherry and peach danishes from local German bakery for breakfast, a poblano pesto burrito for lunch (that was very tasty) and now I'm sipping on some hot English Breakfast tea trying to wake me up from all that food, so I can actually get some work done today.

Puck Posted: Wed Nov 10 19:58:54 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  As I thought to start the thread, I was munching on a veggie sub dunked in tomato basil soup.

Today,
Mac and cheddar
Potato rosemary CHOWDA
A honeycrisp apple
Chocolate iced bavarian bismark
A handful of m&ms

kurohyou Posted: Wed Nov 10 23:06:50 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  breeze said:
>I'm in the office, so not a whole lot of variety around here, but I had yummy cherry and peach danishes from local German bakery for breakfast, a poblano pesto burrito for lunch (that was very tasty) and now I'm sipping on some hot English Breakfast tea trying to wake me up from all that food, so I can actually get some work done today.

How'd that work out for you?

Ahriman Posted: Thu Nov 11 11:15:00 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Glass of Milk, Odwalla "Super Protein" bar, Banana, multivitamin.

Rest o' the day is goin' to be a melange of tastings so my breakfast is usually the only solid meal.

I drank Kombucha for the first time yesterday...very intense. Love the flavor, the smell...uummmm...I enjoy vinegar and it's not enough to overwhelm me but whooo doggy! The drink does make you feel reeeaallly good, physically and mentally. I'd recommend it.

addi Posted: Thu Nov 11 12:03:26 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Had to do a search on this Kombucha drinkie-poo, Ahri...because I'm not up on all the latest coastal hip drinks.
A few yellow flags went up with the health benefits of that yeastie-poo...and that was from several different sites.
Call me a doubting Addi :)

kurohyou Posted: Thu Nov 11 13:09:02 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>Glass of Milk, Odwalla "Super Protein" bar, Banana, multivitamin.
>
>Rest o' the day is goin' to be a melange of tastings so my breakfast is usually the only solid meal.
>
>I drank Kombucha for the first time yesterday...very intense. Love the flavor, the smell...uummmm...I enjoy vinegar and it's not enough to overwhelm me but whooo doggy! The drink does make you feel reeeaallly good, physically and mentally. I'd recommend it.

I had a bad experience with vinegar pickled cabbage in Philly a while back... Me and vinegar are now as me and teliquia are... not on speaking terms.

Not that it matters...

sweet p Posted: Thu Nov 11 18:34:40 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I've got dinner plans for tonight at 7pm and have been ready to eat since 4pm! Me so hungy!! So I decided to check in here while I wait for dinner time and of course the first thread I click on is filled with descriptions of foods. Thanks a lot friends.

My leftover Halloween candies can only last me so long :/

Puck Posted: Fri Nov 12 00:08:30 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Never have been a vinegar person and couldn't take more than a few sips off a bottle of Kombucha. No flavor adventures for me in that direction.

sweet p said:
>Thanks a lot friends.

My bad. ;j

mat_j Posted: Mon Nov 15 08:47:16 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>mat_j said:
>>yams
>
>Only people who don't know that they're actually different from sweet potatos.
>

Of course you know boss!

Today, i went to the NY Deli in old Cardiff town to sit amongst all the boxing and hockey pics (Cardiff hearts hockey and boxing) and had a supershnice Bacon and egg mayo hot bagel and a double supershnice hot chocolate with marshmallows for the cold outside.

Lastnight i made meatball marinara with pasta (sadly out of spaghetti so had to make do with fuseli)

Tonight tuna and rice with green beans, which i love almost carnally and could (and have) eat for weeks on end as my main meal.

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Nov 15 22:46:28 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Had some family over and we had some nice thick ribeyes on the grill with a garden salad and baked potatoes.
Followed by coffee and chocolate silk pie and football on the big screen.

Posted: Tue Nov 16 02:11:14 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>football on the big screen.

Hope you're not a Redskins fan, eh?

Puck Posted: Tue Nov 16 07:55:26 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>eh?

LOLz

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 16 07:59:21 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>ifihadahif said:
>>football on the big screen.
>
>Hope you're not a Redskins fan, eh?
>
Ha HA, not really but I do like McNabb there. I'm mostly a Colts fan but they seem to need an offensive line and some really good team doctors.

mat_j Posted: Tue Nov 16 09:49:22 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  North American sports post:

I want an Americanese Football team to support, I'm torn between the New Orleans Saints, the Baltimore Ravens and the New England Patriots for various reasons.

I'm leaning towards the Saints.

I have a baseball team: the LA Dodgers

and I'm considering a hockey team, though supporting anyone other than the Cardiff Devils seems weird.

I've never been inspired by basketball too much though it was one of my stronger sports in school (next to swimming and cricket weirdly enough... I fucking hate cricket) my rugby wasn't that bad either but i'm a better immovable object that irresistable force.

ifihadahif Posted: Tue Nov 16 12:19:41 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>North American sports post:
>
>I want an Americanese Football team to support, I'm torn between the New Orleans Saints, the Baltimore Ravens and the New England Patriots for various reasons.
>
>I'm leaning towards the Saints.
>
>I have a baseball team: the LA Dodgers
>
>and I'm considering a hockey team, though supporting anyone other than the Cardiff Devils seems weird.
>
>I've never been inspired by basketball too much though it was one of my stronger sports in school (next to swimming and cricket weirdly enough... I fucking hate cricket) my rugby wasn't that bad either but i'm a better immovable object that irresistable force.
>
You have to watch the college game if you want to enjoy basketball. The pros are too good and too boring.
I can enjoy a good game of rugby but cricket seems like a trip to the twilight zone for me.
I hate baseball on tv. You have to be there to enjoy it.

mat_j Posted: Wed Nov 17 07:07:53 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Gotcha, might just do that!

Rugby is begrudgingly one of my favourite sports. I think i like it and loathe it for the same reasons mostly as it's one sport Wales are actually ok at. Nothing like a 6 nations grandslam win in Cardiff, town turns surreal on that night!

Cricket is a sport for people who kicked a ball aganist the wall on their own for hours when they were a kid and invented a complex league system to keep their own score. People who need sport in their lives so much they'll endure a whole weekend of nothing much to add a small competitive element. It's mind numbingly mundane, LONG, needlessly complicated, and did i mention LONG!

I first got into baseball at 17. coming home from the pub at night, begging out in front of the TV and watching late night US sports on British channel 5. I got quite into it, then again i was very drunk.

Puck Posted: Wed Nov 17 22:38:58 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  poblano pepper and corn chowder. it was freakin scrumptious

choke Posted: Thu Nov 18 07:41:06 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I love cricket AND rugby but then again I'm a New Zealander so it's like drinking+playingcricket or drinking+playingrugby or drinking+watchingcricket or drinking+watchingrugby so both of those sports just have super happy social memories regardless of outcome XD

Kira Posted: Thu Nov 18 17:34:02 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Piggies in the blanket. Fast an easy, and extra scrumptious 'cause I was extra hungry.

Puck Posted: Thu Nov 18 21:55:11 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Kira said:
>Piggies in the blanket.

Man, I've been craving some soy corndogs like mad

addi Posted: Fri Nov 19 08:42:50 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Rugby is begrudgingly one of my favourite sports. I think i like it and loathe it for the same reasons mostly as it's one sport Wales are actually ok at. Nothing like a 6 nations grandslam win in Cardiff, town turns surreal on that night!

It's funny that the only soccer match I've ever attended live (besides my son's matches when he was a child) was in Cardiff. I don't even remember who they were playing. The family I was staying with took me and I remember them telling me it was a shame that they weren't taking me to a rugby match, because the city was really into that.

ifihadahif Posted: Sat Nov 20 09:51:00 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Thera-flu and coffee

Puck Posted: Mon Nov 22 10:10:48 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  

What foods do youse guys look forward to most, during the holidays?

libra Posted: Mon Nov 22 14:34:37 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>
>
>What foods do youse guys look forward to most, during the holidays?

things that involve chocolate...

ifihadahif Posted: Mon Nov 22 14:41:24 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mucinex, god I don't think I'll ever get rid of this crud !

mat_j Posted: Mon Nov 22 17:03:47 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>It's funny that the only soccer match I've ever attended live (besides my son's matches when he was a child) was in Cardiff. I don't even remember who they were playing. The family I was staying with took me and I remember them telling me it was a shame that they weren't taking me to a rugby match, because the city was really into that.

Haha, you probably went to see a Cardiff city match back when it meant something, back when it was a mixture of sports and rioting. hopefully it wasn't a big match or you'd have seen some sights!!

If you ever get a chance to come back here please do, it's a much nicer place than it was back then, all concrete and industrial, the city centre is beautiful, especially in winter, also in winter you know what you're getting and can dress accordingly, a sunny Cardiff day is beautiful but a rainy summers day is just depressing.

At the moment the city centre is dominated by a craft market, wooden carved christmas presents, Welsh slate nick-knacks, beautiful glass lanterns, German sausage stalls, Pancakes and chestnuts and chocolate fountains with marshmallows. That'll last until January, we've got the winter wonderland and ice rink outside the museum, and all the Victorian indoor arcades are inviting and beautifully decorated.

And of course lets not forget the brand new Cardiff bay development and the massive Millennium centre and the ruddy, great big castle slap bang in the middle of town. Also parks you can safely walk through after dark (more or less).

choke Posted: Wed Nov 24 09:01:36 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>
>
>What foods do youse guys look forward to most, during the holidays?

Holy god gingerbread. And peppermint hot chocolate. Also I have just started a life-long love of shortbread that I wish had started back when my granny used to make it and not in Japan where I have to buy it from an international food shop one hour and two train rides away. (de mo, Scottish, delicious)

addi Posted: Wed Nov 24 09:07:06 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:

>At the moment the city centre is dominated by a craft market, wooden carved christmas presents, Welsh slate nick-knacks, beautiful glass lanterns, German sausage stalls, Pancakes and chestnuts and chocolate fountains with marshmallows. That'll last until January, we've got the winter wonderland and ice rink outside the museum, and all the Victorian indoor arcades are inviting and beautifully decorated.

Sounds lovely. I most definitely need to make a trip back there to see the changes. I was there the fall of '79, and all I remember is a cold, cloudy, gloomy city...full of things really old compared to the U.S.

Someday, mat...someday...and you and I will share a pint and have a few good natured laughs over Paul. ; )

ifihadahif Posted: Wed Nov 24 13:55:29 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  antibiotics and narcotic cough meds.
I think I coughed up one of my testicles last night.

Puck Posted: Wed Nov 24 14:39:25 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>antibiotics and narcotic cough meds.
>I think I coughed up one of my testicles last night.

Damn. Only two left :(

Kira Posted: Wed Nov 24 21:44:58 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  A jumbo marshmallow. It cooks SO well but it's much more marshmallow than I want,

Puck Posted: Wed Nov 24 23:04:09 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I want a giant tater tot

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 25 06:49:38 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>I want a giant tater tot
>
When I read your post, all I could think of is our White House press secretary Robert Gibbs. He is a giant tater tot.
LOL

mat_j Posted: Thu Nov 25 10:28:11 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:
>mat_j said:
>

>Sounds lovely. I most definitely need to make a trip back there to see the changes. I was there the fall of '79, and all I remember is a cold, cloudy, gloomy city...full of things really old compared to the U.S.
>
>Someday, mat...someday...and you and I will share a pint and have a few good
natured laughs over Paul. ; )

Do it Addi! We'll kick up a storm old fashioned style, 79 would probably represent CDF at her worst after the industry boom and before the beautification following the establishment of the Welsh Assembly government in 1997. We're a lot better now!

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Nov 25 10:53:42 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Roast turkey, grilled pork chops, honey glazed carrots, green beans, mashed potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, dutch apple pie, bourbon sweet potato pie and football, football, football and family !
Happy Thanksgiving everyone !

sweet p Posted: Thu Nov 25 22:38:55 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  ifihadahif said:
>[delicious stuffs]
>Happy Thanksgiving everyone !

mmmmm! I'm envious.

I hope all you American GTers had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

misszero Posted: Tue Nov 30 00:29:38 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  i've been eating a lot of tuna sandwiches with avacado dip on them. also, pork belly, japanese panda cookies, flourless chocolate cake, haloumi, scrambled eggs, broccoli to the max, and coffee coffee coffee.

misszero Posted: Tue Nov 30 00:30:43 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  over several days. also just returned from a week back home visiting, where i mostly just intook cider. hi summer, welcome back. sorry northies.

Mesh Posted: Tue Nov 30 00:58:48 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  At present I am eating my foot. And I am not sorry for it.

It tastes good! Just...crammed right in there. In my mouth. My foot. There. Mouth. In there. In my mouth. Just really putting it in there. Getting right in there and putting the heck out of my foot into my mouth.

Before that? A guldurned Amys entree. http://healthnuttxo.wordpress.com/2009/10/07/amys-tamale-cheese-verde/

mat_j Posted: Tue Nov 30 04:34:35 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  My special bolognaise with penne pasta leftovers for lunch today.

Pastrami and spinach sandwich for lunch yesterday.

Chicken, boilerd potatoes, broccoli ancd carrots with roast parsnips on sunday.

Puck Posted: Tue Nov 30 05:31:03 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  misszero said:
>japanese panda cookies

<3

choke Posted: Tue Nov 30 08:22:30 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
>misszero said:
>>japanese panda cookies
>
><3

What are these and why am I not currently eating them

Puck Posted: Tue Nov 30 11:36:10 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  If we're talking about Hello Panda, then there's no good reason why you're not nomming those tasty biznatches. Cute box. Cute prints. I suppose if you didn't like chocolate, strawberry or vanilla filling, those would be decent reasons, but not good reasons.

Mesh Posted: Tue Nov 30 20:26:13 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I was omm nomm nomming on some vanilla and strawberry Hello Pandas earlier! I love love love going to the huge asian market here.

All I get is asian junk food....

Puck Posted: Wed Dec 1 10:30:06 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cheerios with nesquik, dried cranberries, bananas

Mesh Posted: Wed Dec 1 20:45:31 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  The crappiest frozen pizza I have ever eaten, ever GOD DAMNIT RED BARON

DAMNIT

choke Posted: Thu Dec 2 04:41:38 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I can't believe I haven't seen them. Although I have eaten chocolate koalas and they were awesome. I keep getting caught out by the red bean paste, it's delicious but not when you think you are biting into a delectable pizza roll or plain sandwich!

mat_j Posted: Thu Dec 2 08:01:34 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Aww i love red bean paste in those pounded rice and caster sugar coatings!

choke Posted: Wed Dec 8 08:14:39 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  mat_j said:
>Aww i love red bean paste in those pounded rice and caster sugar coatings!
>
>
They're fantastic! Who knew a grain and a legume could be so delicious!

Kira Posted: Thu Dec 9 22:51:25 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Gala apple sliced and dipped in melted chocolate with crumbled Ritz crackers mixed in.

Fruit + chocolate = awesome.

mat_j Posted: Fri Dec 10 05:47:38 2010 Post | Quote in Reply  
  choke said:
>mat_j said:
>>Aww i love red bean paste in those pounded rice and caster sugar coatings!
>>
>>
>They're fantastic! Who knew a grain and a legume could be so delicious!

Also they feel like the pads on cats/dogs feet :-)

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]