Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To
 

Can Jane Fonda really be this stupid ?
ifihadahif Posted: Sat Jan 8 18:36:08 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/01/08/jane-fonda-blames-giffords-shooting-sarah-palin-glenn-beck-and-tea-pa


 
Posted: Sun Jan 9 02:40:25 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/sarahpac_0.jpg

I'll just leave this here.


------

non-political commentary: it's been pretty scary here lately. Last week there was an armed robbery in a plaza I'm at weekly, and a hostage-taking standoff at a mall on the east end of town. People exhibit very little self-control around here and it makes me miss being back home in Canada.


 
ifihadahif Posted: Sun Jan 9 06:55:36 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/sarahpac_0.jpg
>
>I'll just leave this here.
>
Here's the problem with that chart, the shooter was not a follower of Palin, his favorite book is Mein Kampf.
It's ludicrous to think that chart would incite violence, the terms "target" and "battleground" state and such have been around forever. It's nothing new.


 
Cherry_Moon Posted: Sun Jan 9 13:03:33 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>non-political commentary: it's been pretty scary here lately. Last week there was an armed robbery in a plaza I'm at weekly, and a hostage-taking standoff at a mall on the east end of town. People exhibit very little self-control around here and it makes me miss being back home in Canada.

Is violence of this sort just not common up there?

I know just like everywhere else in the world there are serial killers, rapists, and robbers. But is it truly that noticeably calmer/crime free?


(I'm not trying to be rude or antagonistic, just thoroughly curious. Tone never translates well through text :/)


 
Posted: Sun Jan 9 14:23:05 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Cherry_Moon said:
>CriminalSaint said:
>>non-political commentary: it's been pretty scary here lately. Last week there was an armed robbery in a plaza I'm at weekly, and a hostage-taking standoff at a mall on the east end of town. People exhibit very little self-control around here and it makes me miss being back home in Canada.
>
>Is violence of this sort just not common up there?
>
>I know just like everywhere else in the world there are serial killers, rapists, and robbers. But is it truly that noticeably calmer/crime free?
>
>
>(I'm not trying to be rude or antagonistic, just thoroughly curious. Tone never translates well through text :/)

The city where I grew up (Windsor, Ontario) has a population of 250,000 and borders with Detroit, Michigan (2nd highest in murders per capita in the US). We had 0 murders in 2010. Growing up, we'd usually average one/year (my father was in the criminal investigation unit of the police force, so I'd hear about all of them).

It's not just the relative lack of gun murders (there weren't any stabbing murders last year), either. It's the relative lack of crazy.


 
kurohyou Posted: Sun Jan 9 17:53:20 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/sarahpac_0.jpg
>
>I'll just leave this here.
>
>
>------
>
>non-political commentary: it's been pretty scary here lately. Last week there was an armed robbery in a plaza I'm at weekly, and a hostage-taking standoff at a mall on the east end of town. People exhibit very little self-control around here and it makes me miss being back home in Canada.

I will be honest, this is the first year I have been in law enforcement when I am nervous when I go on duty. Not of getting hurt or killed but of when is the nut job gonna lose it in my county or my jurisdiction. We've had a lot more violent crimes up here in the same year the county is trying to cut our budget. We have a community of people who bury their heads in the snow instead of taking notice of what is happening around us and why we need law enforcement.

But I have an uneasy feeling about this year. People are on edge, not only do they have no self control but we have a generation which has been raised to believe killing someone is how you solve a problem. I blame entertainment and violent movies kids grow up on, along with a lack of adequate parental support growing up. Not that any of these situations are that easy to diagnose the problem to.

The reality is we have people who lack self control, who lack patience, who lack coping skills and who crave instant gratification. Couple that with realitively easy access to firearms and its a wonder we don't have more mass shootings than we do.

I know its coming to a place near me. I draw my weapon nearly every shift now. There is a lot of tension out there and on my end of things you can feel it when you are out and amongst people.

For what it's worth...


 
Ahriman Posted: Mon Jan 10 18:09:35 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  kurohyou said:
>I will be honest, this is the first year I have been in law enforcement when I am nervous when I go on duty. Not of getting hurt or killed but of when is the nut job gonna lose it in my county or my jurisdiction. We've had a lot more violent crimes up here in the same year the county is trying to cut our budget. We have a community of people who bury their heads in the snow instead of taking notice of what is happening around us and why we need law enforcement.
>
>But I have an uneasy feeling about this year. People are on edge, not only do they have no self control but we have a generation which has been raised to believe killing someone is how you solve a problem. I blame entertainment and violent movies kids grow up on, along with a lack of adequate parental support growing up. Not that any of these situations are that easy to diagnose the problem to.
>
>The reality is we have people who lack self control, who lack patience, who lack coping skills and who crave instant gratification. Couple that with realitively easy access to firearms and its a wonder we don't have more mass shootings than we do.
>
>I know its coming to a place near me. I draw my weapon nearly every shift now. There is a lot of tension out there and on my end of things you can feel it when you are out and amongst people.
>
>For what it's worth...

Yea, it's all that television and media! Parents are to blame! Running background checks through NICS isn't enough! Rah rah!

...

No, I don't believe any of that. When I'm out at the bar and I have to deal with Gangs, Tweakers or simply Bros, it makes me feel just like I'm standing near a Bear with food. Eye contact, vocal levels, body language, etc. All factors in how my night's going to be. I don't think I can blame video games for a Bear attacking me as much as I can Joe Shmo. Violence is violence. Been around for a long time. Just need to know when it's right and when it's wrong. The tiger and dragon, you know?


 



[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]