Generation Terrorists » Forum
Sign up   |   Start new thread   |   Lost password?   |   Edit profile   |   Member List   |   myGT   |   Blog
Keyword
From
To

Freeze Feeling Free Feed
Ahriman Posted: Tue Feb 8 21:20:29 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  So icicles? Holy shit. Like Father Winter's frozen dildos of death...

Cherry_Moon Posted: Tue Feb 8 21:44:21 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>So icicles? Holy shit. Like Father Winter's frozen dildos of death...

Pretty much. It's ass rapingly cold out there. Even with 4+ layers on I'm freezing. It's a cold so intense it hurts like a burn. Not cool winter.

kurohyou Posted: Tue Feb 8 22:10:26 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>So icicles? Holy shit. Like Father Winter's frozen dildos of death...

Was on a building check of a house that had its intrusion alarm set off the other day. I found the door that had been "opened" near the garage.

The Ice which had been melting off the roof had formed this huge (as in 10-12" Diameter) icicle to the ground. As the snow kept melting and refreezing it had formed this huge "glacier" which was pushing into the garage door and had eventually broke the frame and pushed the door open. I wish I had a photo.

The other part of this story were the death from above sized icicles which were bigger than me hanging from the roof of this place. As I went to check the rest of the house perimeter I was keeping to the edge of the house. Until I looked up and saw the death from above. I figured it might be a good idea to get some space from the side of the house so I stepped about three feet off the house and took two steps.

At this point I sunk into fresh powder up to my crotch. Had I been skiing, it would have been epic. Instead I was up to my crotch in snow, with 40 lbs of gear and unable to move more than three feet at a time with much efficiency.

Figuring I would rather take on death from above than calling mountain rescue to pull my ass out of this drift from hell. I got back to the edge of the house and made my way to the back.

There I encountered another massive Icicle which was the diameter of some of the trees we have up here. Sadly I left the camera in the car and was unable to get a picture when I finally made it back.

But yeah, they would have left a mark, and then some.

Not that it matters...

Ahriman Posted: Tue Feb 8 22:55:37 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Trim tree branches, clear leaves out of gutters, grab items from high places, etc. There must be a way to combat icicles safely with all that extended reach technology. Heck maybe even through the use of resonance.

Puck Posted: Wed Feb 9 07:11:31 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  I'd just use a long-stringed yo-yo.

I walked 6 miles home, yesterday. It was 5ish degrees. They said it felt like -10. Wore the wrong pants (stupid workplace), not enough sockage, no scarf.

mat_j Posted: Wed Feb 9 07:44:50 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  We seem to have ahd the worst of it here already and it's pleasantly balmy now.

It was hellish here around xmas though, i was upto my knees in the city which is very rare, back home in the valleys it must have been periscope depth.

addi Posted: Wed Feb 9 08:35:57 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Ahriman said:
>dildos of death...

sounds like the title of a bad 80's Kung Fu movie
:)

So Father Winter's chosen weapon of destruction are frozen dildos of death. Makes me wonder what Mother Nature's weapon of choice is?

Posted: Thu Feb 10 02:26:22 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Sorry dudes, can't really hear what you were saying, what with my dinner on the patio in shorts/tshirt this evening.

choke Posted: Thu Feb 10 03:41:34 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>Sorry dudes, can't really hear what you were saying, what with my dinner on the patio in shorts/tshirt this evening.
>
>

lol

mat_j Posted: Thu Feb 10 05:26:55 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  addi said:

>So Father Winter's chosen weapon of destruction are frozen dildos of death.

No Fatty Arbuckle!

OH YEAH I WENT THERE!!

But seriously

Rosco 'Fatty' Arbuckle suffered needlessly due to these rumours and we should all do our best to quash them, you can find out more about Fatty at your local library or on Wikipedia.

ifihadahif Posted: Thu Feb 10 07:42:41 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  CriminalSaint said:
>Sorry dudes, can't really hear what you were saying, what with my dinner on the patio in shorts/tshirt this evening.
>
>
>
Big Deal !
You're a Canuck aren't you ?
You'd would have your dinner in shorts/tshirt on the patio if it were freezing outside.
:-)

sweet p Posted: Thu Feb 10 15:46:49 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Puck said:
not enough sockage

This is the worst.

Every morning when I get up to have my morning glass of water or orange juice, I look out the kitchen window at the icicles. I kinda like them.
But it's particularly windy in Toronto these days and it hurts my face [and mind, and in turn, heart]. I need [A LOT of] sunshine to function normally.

addi Posted: Fri Feb 11 11:53:42 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  you two need to move south then, P.

And I'm talking far enough south so you cross over the states and end up in costa rica or some place like that. :)

Mesh Posted: Sun Feb 13 22:54:21 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mmmmmm Costa Rica. I'mma vacationin' there :)

Also? Damn weather here. It snowed 2AM-4ish AM a couple of Fridays ago. It covered everything. My street looked like a winter wonderland. By the time I got home from work...there was not a trace of winter weather to be seen anywhere. The next day felt like spring. We go from winter to spring in a matter of hours. Ridiculous.

I mean...I'm not complaining too much. It did mean I was able to go do outdoorsy things BOTH days this weekend. Sooooo......

Mesh Posted: Sun Feb 13 22:57:26 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  Mesh said:
>Mmmmmm Costa Rica. I'mma vacationin' there :)
>
>

I mean, not right now. But soon. 10 days, baby. 5 in the cloud forest in a little elevated shack miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles from anything remotely resembling civilization. 5 on the pacific beach in a little shack.....miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles from anything remotely resembling civilization. No lights! No CARS! Just snorkeling and kayaking and trying to not get eaten by Jaws.

libra Posted: Mon Feb 14 14:14:51 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It's been crazy warm here in Northern California. Like in the 70s during the day. But it is raining today, so we're back to February weather.

Kira Posted: Mon Feb 14 23:21:53 2011 Post | Quote in Reply  
  It was SEVENTY degrees here today. But it's North Carolina, so it will be winter again next week. With a quarter inch of snow that will send everyone into total panic meltdown.

I will think WARM THOUGHTS.

Ohmygosh I love teaser!Spring so much.

[ Reply to this thread ] [ Start new thread ]